[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons why haven't you taken the great leap of faith yet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
Anons why haven't you taken the great leap of faith yet and become religious? It has brought a sad soul like myself so much joy and community without having to sacrifice anything.
>>
I tried and failed.I know if I did it might make me hate myself less but I simply can't believe in something that simply doesn't make any sense to me and has no logical backing besides "you just gotta believe!" I just cannot even try without lying to myself and i'm a terrible liar.
>>
File: 1444400110612.jpg (84 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1444400110612.jpg
84 KB, 900x900
>Go to church
>Told to be a loving person
>Literally can't
>Prayed to become a better person, hasn't happened

>Go to Bible study because I was told I might make friends there
>Don't

>Pray to God to take away my depression, as this has happened to a lot of churchgoers apparently
>He doesn't

I'm convinced He wants me to suffer for some reason.
>>
I was raised in a faithful family and although I don't practice anymore, there's still some faith left in me.

>>28091957
We're here, aren't we? Something must have created this place. Even if you believe we spawned out of nothingness that's still some thing to believe in.
>>28091999
first, nice trips
second, prayer is overrated. When you finally succeed to do something you want all the credit to be yours. Belief is enough, you don't really have to ask.
>>
>>28091957
I was in the exact position as you and I don't exactly know how I got out but I know when it happened, a few days before that I had read some about Kierkegaard and while I didn't think much of it at the time I found it nice. A few days later I bumped into a priest by accident, we talked a little and he gave me a bible and recommended me a chapter to read (can't remember which atm), he told me to read it carefully and reflect over it when I was done. Out of politeness and a tiny bit of curiosity I accepted the offer. Later that evening out of pure boredom I actually read it and it was astonishing, and I remembered what I had read about Kierkegaard and it all made so much sense, I felt such clarity and ecstasy.
>>28091999
Prayer alone won't help you anon, and it might not be of much comfort and seem far fetched but I really do think god loves us all and has a plan for us.
>>
Pray the gay away. Religion is for faggots.
>>
>>28092142
Youre right, we didn't just appear but I just don't get that the conclusion pretty much every religion comes to is some sort of omniscient celestial being of infinite power created the world. like its just unfathomable to them that we're not here for a reason and we were created pretty much by chance? Anyway, while the scientific theories on the big bang etc. may not be entirely true they have far more backing than religion, at least in my mind.

>>28092185
Believe me I've had every chance to convert to christianity, but it just isn't for me. I grew up in a christian family, went to christian schools went to christian camps and did christian classes(the teachers hated me lol) and I have met plenty of nice christians that I liked a lot but that doesn't change the fact that I simply can't believe it.
I don't mean to cause any offence because I respect religious folk but I'm just not religious myself
>>
>>28092514
No offense taken, I just felt like sharing my experiences.
>>
The fact that God created robots only proves that he is unloving and not deserving of our worship.
>>
Part of me kind of misses practicing religion. It's a good environment with good people.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.