[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I think I'm kind of heading towards a total breakdown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1451738004507.jpg (92 KB, 599x683) Image search: [Google]
1451738004507.jpg
92 KB, 599x683
so I think I'm kind of heading towards a total breakdown

my stats:
> 25, turning 26 next month
> virgin, obviously
> white, average guy, gerfag
> 2 semesters and i've got a masters degree in computer science
> 18h/week side-job to sustain myself

it started a few weeks ago when i got super high on my own and thoughts started racing through my head. The funny thing is I was laughing like a retarded typical stonerfag all the time and suddenly my roomate and his friends knocked on my door and asked if i joined them playing some stupid game.
I tried to control my laughing fits by thinking of one bad thing that happened to me that day. That part of my plan worked pretty good but when I got to bed, laying there on my own, the one bad thought was still there and spiraled the absolute fuck out of control. I ended up sweating like a freak, my heart was racing as I thought of every last aspect of my life and my whole 'personality' and realized: it's all shit. Every single thing about my life is shit. My whole life is a huge lie. I'm an empty shell buried underneath layers upon layers of lies and fake personality traits and catch phrases that I put on to interact with other people.

I panicked so hard. And on top of that I was afraid that I'd end up a living potato after this joint. My parents would never forgive me my life would be over. Then I realized that I'm not even sure if that would bother me.

I know this is exciting as hell for you all to read so you'll be happy that my post will be
> cont.
>>
>>28090785
Yeah, it's the marijuana. Don't smoke and you'll be fine.
>>
>>28090785
now a bit shorter, here are the things that I realized over the past few days and they keep coming back. The breaks in between are getting shorter and shorter

> been studiying for 12+ semesters now
> when anyone asks me something about anything I say "uhhh oh god that's so lang ago h-heh."
> truth is I don't remember anything. Not a single fucking thing
> actually suck at my sidejob too
> obviously the virgin at 26 thing is freaking me the fuck out. I feel like an alien on this planet
> been playing guitar for 10 years, still suck shit
> been doing 3d cg for a few yeas now
> thought I loved it, still suck shit at it
> everybody I talk too seems 100times more interesting, inteligent, good-looking and charming than me
> can't remember stories that happened to me and friends
> when they tell them i often laugh as if it was totally new to me, then i realize i was there and get depressed bc i'm so stupid
> still have no idea where to go in life
> don't even like what i've been studying
> no passion about anything
> feel like the most retarded stupid piece of shit out there

am i finally a robot? What can i do? What should i do?
Why is life so horrible?

I do have some friends and they appearantly like hanging out with me. Why? Why on earth would they?
>>
>>28090785
Haha what is that image from? It cracked me up
>>
>>28090785
So an existential crisis? There's plenty of information online about how to cope with it

>Anchoring
>Isolation
>Distraction
>Sublimation

The cure is just to fix your thinking.

The hard truth is that nihilism is the only answer and an existential crisis is just a realization of fact about how meaningless everything is. You either delude yourself and go back to normal life or give up OR you can try sublimation. I haven't had any success with it though.
>>
>>28090823
I've gotten high af before and it was always a blast. This was the first time it went so terribly, terribly wrong.

Also it was like a catalysator. It made me realize all these things and now they keep coming back to haunt me

>>28090886
don't know, sorry. I like it too.

>>28090899
I guess you could call it that. Looking at all the normies out there having perfect, fun lives is a never-ending nightmare. I realized that that's how it's supposed to be. All my life has been wasted and still is. You know, it's just all gone wrong.

I'm too stupid to even know any of these words. Care to briefly explain them please?
How do you do it?
>>
>>28090950
>All my life has been wasted and still is
No, you're just dumb and young like most of /r9k/.
You're complaining about feelings like they define you, when actions define people far more.
If you want to continue being dumb then go ahead. Eventually you'll realize that you need to put work into reality to make it worthwhile and stop checking and whining about how you don't feel special or believe you're doing something amazing. No one does. The people you talk to seem better than you because they aren't whining and cringing over their lives when they are explaining what they are doing, no matter how they actually thing about it.
>>
>>28090950
Oh you may not be having an existential crisis. You're just having one of those boring, generic crises.

If you're losing passion then you could always consider that you're becoming depressed which is not uncommon for people to experience for brief parts of their life.

I hate all this generic advice giving but it's really up to you to find out how you can improve your life from here. You seem to be dissatisfied with your life in relation to others so... look at where you feel you're lacking and try to improve on it. Only you know what you want.

You either do that or you focus on one thing you really enjoy and get good at that and disregard those around you. That's what I hope to do and studying computer science is a dream of mine.

Or rape someone and kill yourself. I don't care.
>>
>>28091079
> No, you're just dumb and young
> young
this worked from 16 to 23 or something but I'm turning fucking 26.

> You're complaining about feelings like they define you, when actions define people far more.
that's a wonderful thought. Thank you i'll try to take this to heart

> you'll realize that you need to put work into reality
With work and college, I have like 60+h weeks + on the weekends I have to read shit about my master's thesis. All the free time I have I try to do things with friends or improve something about me, it just seems like everything is going nowhere.
>>
>>28090950
start realizing that everyone including you are interesting
also read philosophy
>>
>>28091247
how?
since I can think, the "default" setting deep within me, the absolute unquestionable truth was that i suck, i'm not interesting and not as good as 99% of people.
Even when i had great, wonderful times with friends, it felt fake because my "real" me is depressed, uninteresting and unworthy
>>
>>28091177
>just seems like everything is going nowhere
because you've decided it has?
Can you even tell me what you want to feel like? Satisfied? Purposeful? Excited?
All of those things you get through hard work. This is why you are criminally dumb.
Here you are talking about master thesis and a 60h work week and you think your life doesn't mean anything.
Go fall down a hole and work a min wage job with no future plan whatsoever jerking it to anime all day and tell me thats the same thing.
You probably need to shut the fuck up and keep working at your shit.
>>
>>28091247
interesting and worthless
and the information about why they're interesting is worthless
and everything is worthless
>>
>>28091301
it feels like it doesn't mean anything because i'm unsure about everthing i do. I'm not sure if i actually want to do it

of course, the min-wage thing would be the absolute nightmare but how the fuck am i supposed to know when everything is fine?
>>
>>28090874
If you're not doing drugs or alcohol, you might have a mental disorder. Or you're just a retarded fuck. Meditation and mental exercises work wonders for stuff like this.
>>
>>28091429
i drink all the time
as for drugs only weed like every once in a while

how do i into meditation?
>>
>>28091626
Start by sitting on the floor for 15 minutes a day. Get yourself into a /comfy/ state of mind and think through what's happened during the day.

Then start moving into 30 minute stretches and try and clear your mind.
>>
>>28091177

It's just the stress from your masters, suck it up a little more and finish that shit.

I had a horrible time in my last year of college but I managed to graduate and get a decent job .Things got a lot better from there and kept getting better.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.