[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anybody ever dumpster dive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: dumpster-diving.jpg (107 KB, 468x311) Image search: [Google]
dumpster-diving.jpg
107 KB, 468x311
I always thought it was degenerate to do it, but tonight I was so hungry (hadn't eaten in 2 days) that I broke down and did it. Honestly, I feel stupid for not doing this in the past.

So much free food. I hit a dumpster behind a bagel shop and there was a trash bag literally full of bagels. At whole foods dumpster I got some Tri o plex protein bars (real godsend for hungry person) these things were barely expired and cost 25 bucks for 12.

I hit up a grocery store and there were dozens of prepackaged salads, with lettuce/croutons/dressing that were good. I grabbed a few of those.

Other finds: a pair of sunglasses, a pair of NEW shoes, a bunch of magazines, and Gears of War for XBOX360 (i have no idea why)

I was out for less than 2 hours
>>
>>28089947
I personally prefer to buy it in the store
>>
>>28089970

keep this in mind if you ever have zero money
>>
I don't dumpsterdive anymore because I had to fight the king of the homeless for half a sandwich.

He won and raped me.
>>
I used to dig through the trash all the time. I ate things that should have killed me, but here I am.

The nastiest shit ever was when parents threw out a ton of used baby diapers all at once. The odor was worse than rotting meat. There were a couple times where I almost lost my cookies right there in the dumpster.
>>
Yup I have. Don't think I've ever been as lucky as you as far as finding all that shit but I've definitely found some good stuff

Btw anon I definitely know what it's like to go hungry...if you're ever in a position like that make a thread or something with your PayPal info and if I'm online I'll totally send you some money to go buy groceries or I'll buy you a pizza and have it delivered to your house or something. I hate seeing people in that kind of situation
>>
>>28089947
I never see much of anything in them.
>>
>>28089947
have you ever tried talking to your bakery near closing time?
tell them youre struggling in life right now etc, and that you would appreciate if they could give the food that they would otherwise throw out to you. careful how you word it and shit
for some reason theyd prefer to throw it in the trash sometimes

i dunno about your country, but my country they legally have to throw it out after a day of making it
>>
>>28090062

Somehow less embarrassing to just go digging through the trash after midnight.

I used to work at a pizza shop in the inner city, and I constantly gave bums messed up food and stuff. It was against our store policy, but if the boss wasn't there and a homeless guy came in from the cold I'm not gonna be a dick.

I just made some bad decisions recently and have been roughing it. I know for a fact I could never go hungry with all the food that's thrown away. You just have to know where to look.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.