[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots, why do you hate Reddit so much? (aside from terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: plebbit.jpg (5 KB, 260x193) Image search: [Google]
plebbit.jpg
5 KB, 260x193
Robots, why do you hate Reddit so much?
(aside from terrible memes and normalfaggotry)
>>
The userbase is shit. SHIT!
>>
>terrible memes and normalfaggotry
>>
mods delete everything.
women bitch about everything.
there is no real discussion just people jacking each other off.
it's the worst thing to happen to our culture in years.
It is creating a global phenomenon of group think.
That shit used to be contained, but now it has a world wide voice to spread.
Certain opinions are not tolerated and it shifts real life opinions of things.
It is, without a doubt, the worst website to ever happen to human civilization.
>>
>>28089684
The way Reddit's set up it's great for information gathering but horrible for actual discussion with nested comments upon nested comments. That's really annoying to me.
>>
>>28089684
They're retarded neckbeard and for the most part they're absolute cancer.
>>
>>28089684
All of the main subreddits are cancer. The content is almost 100% recycled, and the comments are always tumblr-tier trash.

Some of the smaller subreddits are alright, but the karma system leads to submissions aimed more at karma whoring than discussion. The only thing that reddit has over 4chan is the hobbyist subreddits
>>
>>28089746
It's not great for information gathering. Quite the opposite actually, the groupthink nature of the site will hide the information they don't like by downvoting.
>>
>>28089684
Just world propagandists!
NORMIE infiltrators!
Culture scavengers!
Pretentious, unbearable, asinine cunts!
>>
>>28089786
Forgot to add, FUCK REDDIT!
>>
I don't know what it is about reddit that makes so many unintelligent morons group together onto one website. Echoing what's already been said, you really can't have an actual discussion on there. Again, the users on there are almost as stupid as tumblr users, if not stupider, and that makes so obvious who's a reddit immigrant when they come here and flood this board with their stupidity.
>>
Because they infect 4chan by bringing their baggage and refusing to assimilate.

I don't care that you go to reddit. I'm annoyed that you bring it here.
>>
File: 1452121536880.jpg (53 KB, 552x716) Image search: [Google]
1452121536880.jpg
53 KB, 552x716
>>28089684
The upvote system acts as an "instant release" for people.
An internet user might feel happy and exhilarated when they receive the approval of others through upvotes or thumbs up, this results in an addiction to approval and leads to phenomena like groupthink. 4chan has this too to some extent, someone might reply "this" to your post or agree with you and it acts similarly, but here people at least get the chance to get called out on their bullshit.

Allot of people seek approval and want to be "in on the joke", this is why there's always a barrage of gullible redditors on this site who desperately try to be a part of this site by either tripfagging, posting outdated memes out of context, hating reddit, etc.

The cycle goes on.
>>
>>28089727
This and also, the moderators for most of the subreddits are nazis and/or sjws
>>
>>28089684
A redditor is a person whose personal opinions mimic that of popular trendy opinions
>>
wow it's like no one's actually bothered to take a look at what reddit is like.
>>
>>28090003
Been there, done that. Most of this thread is pretty true. Waking up a redditor after years of groupthink is difficult, but I hope you're on the right path.
>>
hating reddit is a meme. 4chan is literally no better than reddit.
>>
The website concept and design is pretty fucking cool, call me a faggot all you want. It's been ruined by the userbase of SJW bernie supporters and ironic memer "le circlejerk" retards
>>
>>28090015
No, I don't care about silly internet turf wars. But to think they're LESS retarded than redditors. Woo lad.
>>
>>28090041
the concept and design is the worst fucking part of it are you joking?
Upvotes and downvotes is a fucking retarded way to handle community driven discussion. It immediately creates a culture of group think and try hard faggots who mine for "points" that don't matter, regardless of the truth or contribution to the discussion.
>>
>>28090029
Calling something a meme as a means to discredit it is a meme
>>
>>28089937
They call me Cuban Pete. I'm the king of the rumba beat.
>>
>>28089684
Reddit just seems so sad and tragic to me. Just hoards of people agreeing with each other and canceling out all new thought. It just seems like the "beta male" website, no spice of life just a bland, safe, hugbox.
>>
>>28089684
terrible memes and normalfaggotry are the only reason to go there
>their rating system sucks
>it creates this bandwagon in which there's only one opinion and that's the popular opinion
>their mods do even a better job of restricting free speech than ours

I think of reddit as this great content aggregator
their content is fine but anything discussion related is just shit. Maybe I've been here for too long
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.