[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else just pretending to like their family? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: 1458945942109.png (2 MB, 1054x838) Image search: [Google]
1458945942109.png
2 MB, 1054x838
Is anyone else just pretending to like their family? I don't really know if this is normal, but I literally don't understand the whole "love" thing. Two of my grandparents have died, and I was honestly sadder when my Runescape account got hacked. It's not that I hate them or wouldn't be affected by their death, it just all seems a little exaggerated. Or am I just autistic?
>>
>>28089340
It's not your fault, our society is degenerate garbage that's why you think that way
>>
I think it's just that your grandparents weren't very close to you, back in high school my great grandpa died, and I didn't even think twice. But when my parents die, I'm going to take this pistol on my desk and fucking kill myself.
>>
>>28089340
if you're anything like i was your family just isn't all that close to you -- relationships and these feelies you're talking about don't just happen: they take, well, being there, actually having and doing the relationship, sharing etcetc
i didn't get that from my family, for one reason or the other. are you similar?
>>
>>28089340
I know how you feel op. My dad is the cowboy hick mocho type and my mom is a crazy emotional roller coaster that spews out trending facebook memes and un-ironicly uses hashtags in everyday speech. She also give out these subtle jabs and trys to make you feel bad about something you didn't do, of do right. I try to be cool with my dad but he can tell that I don't enjoy his company much. When I'm with my mom I don't make eye contact and I'm really reserved around her. Like, I don't talk to her much and when she says something that remotely that sounds like a guilt trip I'm just a complete asshole to her. I wouldn't be very impacted if they passed. I don't know what it is about them but I just don't find interacting with them very interesting
>>
>>28089596
No, to be honest my family has all the hallmarks of healthy, wholesome relationships. I'm sorry about yours, and I feel guilty that I feel this way when people like you genuinely have reason to. I suspect that I may actually be mentally deficient in some way.
>>
>>28089804
Oh and TL;DR
>>
>>28089804
This is it right here. I just can't relate to them on any meaningful level, so any conversations are just trivialities and not really going to develop a deeper bond or anything.
>>
Me.

My family keeps saying that my new girlfriend changed me and made me hate them. The truth is that I've always hated them, I'm just more open about it now.

It's not my fault they've been awful to me and expect me to return their faux love.
>>
>>28090480
The conversations just feel so meaningless. I can't even connect with either of them because of how different they are to me. When I talk to my mom I'll just say "yeah" and "ok" and contribute nothing else to the conversation. Obviously showing I don't give a shit what she has to say. If I killed myself I doubt they'd be sad for long.
>>
>>28090649
I think you're wrong on the last point. Obviously I don't know your family, but I'd guess that they love you a lot more than you love them.
>>
>>28091094
Your probably right, the thing is I don't feel much love for them. Sure I'd be sad if they died but it wouldn't impact me a whole lot.
>>
I do like my family, but I don't like being around them because human contact stresses me out too much. I'd rather barely ever see them.
>>
>>28091275
Thats interesting anon. Do you have a particular disorder?
>>28091230
Is there anyones death who would impact you?
>>
>>28091491
I haven't been tested for anything in years. Before I just had depression.
>>
>>28091491
My grandfather. I am currently living with him. He has to be on a breathing machine and broke his hip. He still gets around but he is the one person in the family that is actually close.
>>
>>28091230
Lol he will talk about how the niggers are more rowdy these days. It's pretty funny when he gets going
>>
>>28091674
>>28091491
Wrong post quoted
>>
>>28091520
Ever been on pills? I've always wondered if they would help me out
>>28091618
>>28091674
Thats hilarious, he sounds like a bro
>>
>>28089340
I pretend to like my family because I currently need their financial support. Sometimes I fantasize about having a decent paying job, living alone and never speaking to any of them again.
>>
>>28091877
I was on some antidepressants but at the time I was an edgy teenager who thought medication was for fags so I barely ever took them
>>
>>28089340
In essence it's not. Society's dedication to morality will have you think it is and make you and outside for it.

Read Camus's l'etranger. You'll relate.
>>
>>28091877
He is, I love that man. How do you feel about your parents? Would you say they love you more then you love them?
>>
>>28091942
>Sometimes I fantasize about having a decent paying job, living alone and never speaking to any of them again.

Sounds like me a few years ago.

Now after 5 or 6 years of living alone I crave human contact and actually really relish the time I spent with my family. I'm so lonely.
>>
>>28091942
independence is something we all should strive for anon
>>28091949
did they help at all?
>>28091972
>Camus's l'etranger
Thanks, I've bookmarked it
>>28091982
Definitely. I don't hate them at all, I know at a surface level that they're good folks who genuinely have done right by me. I just don't relate to them at all. The issue even isn't even with them, I just don't, and have never, felt anyone in the way I imagine "love" feels like. I feel like if I had loved someone, even family, I would have realised it.
>>
>>28089340
I never had any meaningful relationships with my grandparents. I would only see them maybe twice a year. They would give gifts or money but that's it. I miss the free stuff honestly and not them.
>>
>>28092086
Can you feel empathy? I have that problem. It's hard for me to feel it, I can it just doesn't come easy. It takes time for people to matter when you can't feel empathy
>>
>>28089340

Nah m8. My grandparents aren't dead but I'm not close to them and I won't care because I don't know them very well, but I will feel sad for my mother.

I'm not close with any of my extended family, shit happens nigga.
>>
>>28091877
*grabs you by the throat*
"What the fuck's hilarious, huh bro?"
*punches you in the stomach*
"Take that back you shit-eating motherfucker, before I knee you in the crotch so hard you spew out your balls!"
>>
File: what's wrong with you.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
what's wrong with you.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>>28089340
people have kids because its a shortcut to:
> having someone love them
> having authority over something
> having someone need them
> accomplishing something in the eyes of society

in reality you just shit out another life which now has to deal with your bullshit, and a lifetime of suffering

gg parents
>>
File: 1451097923046.png (449 KB, 908x1359) Image search: [Google]
1451097923046.png
449 KB, 908x1359
>>28089340
>tfw parents think trans people should be hung etc
>tell them they choose to look and act like caricatures of women instead of just being normal
>they don't believe me
>mfw im two years into hormone therapy
>tfw I just want to hug my mom and dad
>tfw they will never accept me as their daughter
>ill have to either give up my family or try and continue this charade for the rest of my life
>tfw all those weird degenerate chrischan fuckups have ruined my chance of ever having a family
>>
>>28089340
I love my family but dealing them is sometimes annoying
>be the young adult of the family
>uncles and aunts expecting great shit from you
>cousins looking up from you
>be a mediocre person instead
I think they already caught up that I am a autist lazy fuck that won't do nothing good with my life
>>
File: autism on the rise.jpg (101 KB, 760x960) Image search: [Google]
autism on the rise.jpg
101 KB, 760x960
>>28089340
My mother hates me atm due to my autism and my brother thinks I'm inbred, story inbound
>yesterday
>was at the library from 9:45-3:30 stuDYING
>go to the gym from 3:30-5:30
>bags are heavy as fuck
>loads of books etc due to exams next month
>wait in the shopping centre
>text my mom to ask dad / brother for a lift
>dad already went to concert, brother was coming home from work
>mom wouldn't respond
>autism kicks in
>send 4 messages of 'pls respond'
>for some reason i thought i'd be funny to send the navyseal copypasta
>walk home from centre with 2 really heavy bags
>no ones home
>she went to a communion party
>rang the house and said shes coming home cause she's tearing up
>she thought i actually typed up the navyseal copypasta to her
>thinks im not going to holidays to spain now and thinks im actually going to syria
>tfw navyseal copypasta made my mom hate me

tldr; sent my mom navyseal copypasta, thinks im joining isis
>>
>>28094500
i would accept you as my daughter anon
>>
>>28094500
>fag
you have a mental illness.
>>
File: 1459856113679.jpg (16 KB, 198x328) Image search: [Google]
1459856113679.jpg
16 KB, 198x328
>>28089340
I get you bro. Not saying that its normal or good to think and feel this way but I just dont really understand the concept of family. Its just a bunch of random people that you somehow ended up being related to. If I didnt consciously choose for them to be a part of my life then why should I feel them close? I dont hate them or wish any harm upon them, but my whole family is so far away from my way of thinking and seeing the world, I just done feel them close or feel like sharing anything with them AT ALL
>>
I don't feel close to my family, I don't love them. I rarely talk to them just say hi and that's pretty much it.
>>
>>28089340
I've romanticized death so much that I don't really care when people die except in the heat of the moment. Like the grief will hit me hard for a few days but then I realize they're free, I'm not, and that death is something that happens to everyone etc etc and that it's not a big deal.

I think I understand the love part, but I hate it when families hold each other in bondage. My mom's side of the family is very much like that. Nobody actually likes anyone else in the family but they do this whole bourgeoisie normalcy facade thing that's fucking laughable from the outside. Like without their fake safety net they would be alone.
>>
Love for your parents is just a social construct.

The only real love is for your wife and your children. Nature just care for the future. You parents are the past. They have done their part in this world already.
>>
>>28094500
Maybe if you weren't a putrid transfreak
>>
>>28089340
No,

I genuinely find it very difficult to empathize with people.

I usually put on a front to be socially acceptable.
>>
File: 1461477395442.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1461477395442.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
>>28089340
>Or am I just autistic?
>>
>>28094500
Maybe you wouldn't be like this if you weren't a degenerate mentally ill self mutilator.
>>
>>28094500
The woman on the right panel raised her kid better, he's not gonna be a freak of society.

The other woman is just irresponsible.
>>
The only people in my family I actually like are my cousin and both grandmas.
>>
>>28089340
I'm the same.
Turns out I had Aspergers
You're probably autistic
>>
>>28094500
Parents are meant to guide their children. If you just allow a boy to be manipulated into acting like a female he will become a female. Its a mental illness.
You have a mental illness.
Kill yourself.
>>
I openly hate my family but I am unable to support myself
feels bad man
>>
>>28098028
Fcking hell this
As soon as I leave I'm going to personally tell everyone to fuck off
Might even serve some prison time for beating the shit out of those cocksuckers.
>>
>>28089340
Interesting thread concept that can elicit some good replies, have a bump OP
>>
File: gae4.gif (996 KB, 495x351) Image search: [Google]
gae4.gif
996 KB, 495x351
>>28095576
>>28095738
>>28097430
>>28097991
This meme needs to stop. Just because im a girl doesnt mean im "girl-acting" or whatever the fuck. Thats just what the fakers do because they are trying to conform to a stereotype of what they think a woman is. I havent changed at all. Hormones are just a mental balance change in your head. I honestly feel more different when I get high. I used to get beaten for doing anything feminine. Im exactly the same person whether or not I take hormones. Im a tomgirl. I like shooting guns, boxing, etc. I've had the exact opposite where I've been forced to grow up hypermasculine.

What I think is funny is that Ive always been able to dominate everything Ive done that are typical male roles or whatever. The reason being that almost all males are self-defeatist crybabies and they want someone else to lead them. I hate that more than anything. Thats why you guys get friendzoned or girls wont date you or whatever. Youre almost all cucks in waiting. You dont do what makes you happy. It agitates the fuck out of me because Im a woman and I have to take charge for you and it makes me feel like im your mommy or something and im immediately and permanently disgusted.

You think its like some magical birthright to be LE CHAD or some shit when you just need to stop being a bitch. People always go on and on with this mentally ill shit but im just being myself im not doing anything weird. I mean do you understand how fucking weird it is to see a man get so fucking agitated by what another person does? Its like he defines his own self-worth through others and it makes you look really pathetic. I cant even tell a simple story without you fragile faggots going into full blown ego defense to try and one up in a contest that isnt even occurring. Youre literally worse than tumblr and I have to walk on eggshells to avoid triggering you delicate little bitches.
>>
>>28094689
I like that image

>>28094500
look how weak that trany is. It really shows why bullying is prevelant. I don't think I'd bully him myself, but I can see why others would. He's like a steak in a lions cage
>>
>>28100383
>walk on eggshells
read it as >walk on egoshells

hahahaah best post
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.