[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shit that doesn't make sense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
File: flight club guy.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
flight club guy.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
Do you ever wonder why they put that crescent moon/hoop thing on ceramic cups?
>>
it's for holding
>>
no, it's basic thermodynamics

the ring acts as a coil that increases the insulation between the air facing surface (top of the cup) and the inner liquid. it better distributes the temperature
>>
not 100% sure what its for, but i use it to hook them onto my cup rack. i've got nearly a dozen cups hooked onto that thing, dunno where i'd put my cups without it.
>>
File: react17.jpg (35 KB, 599x442) Image search: [Google]
react17.jpg
35 KB, 599x442
no, its so if you drop it upside or shoot it out of a cannon it will go of target due to changees in center of gravity durr
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>one side of a usb connector shows the usb symbol
>the other side doesn't
if you want to convey it's a usb then how about you try putting it on both sides genius

hipster designerfags have too much influence these days
>>
>>28088965

Are you talking about the handle or do you own some weird shit?

>>28088988

That is the most retarded shit I've ever heard

Like wow

Do you browse /x/ by any chance
>>
>>28088965
I've always wondered why shoes have string dangling off them. I mean, I get it's decorative, but I keep almost tripping, so I have to tuck the dangly string between my shoe and sock, kind of defeating the entire purpose.

And why do some vegetables come with a rubber band? Especially broccoli. The taste of rubber band does not go well with broccoli.
>>
File: 145063999391.png (255 KB, 820x565) Image search: [Google]
145063999391.png
255 KB, 820x565
>"opening" 7 minutes into anime
>"ending" 7 minutes before end of anime
>>
File: home-bubble-tea.png (101 KB, 743x509) Image search: [Google]
home-bubble-tea.png
101 KB, 743x509
this desu
>put memeballs in normal tea
>suddenly asian girls and hipsters flock to pay $8 a cup for it
>>
>>28089061
would you like to hear more surprising science?
>>
Why the fuck do we piss and shit into gallons of water. Such a waste
>>
>>28089181
If you say shit like corn flakes keep you from masturbating you can keep it to yourself senpai
>>
>>28089237
here it goes then

>How there is shadows on the moon if there is no gravity there you fuckin moron
What he's saying might sound wrong at first but you're missing the point

gravity is caused by the moon interacting with the earth, that's why the cycles of tides rising and falling actually directly coincides with the moon's cycles (look it up). the interaction is complex but as I understand it the earth is basically the one that gets affected as it has the larger mass, the earth's effect on the moon is basically negligible because of its huge mass and the moon only occupying a small portion of that field

so basically gravity is only a "useful" concept in science when we're talking about stuff on earth, not stuff on the moon. shadows work the same way. look up the difference between a lunar and solar eclipse and you'll see what I mean, but this is again an interaction of systems, basically the moon and the sun in this case. again it's only applicable when we're talking about the earth. light doesn't even reach the moon directly because of the earth, so "shadows" aren't a useful concept when talking about stuff on the moon, only on earth. (knowing that you'll cringe a every time a sci-fi B movie has a shot on the moon that's all dark and mysterious and shadowy, which happens all the fucking time)

so while gravity itself has anything to do with the light/shadows (actually, it does a bit since gravity actually pulls light, Einstein theorized this and it was later proven true), the fact that we're on the moon means both shadows and gravity aren't useful concepts. so rather than causation you can say, it's correlation.

probably this was just lost in translation or he assumes you know what he means, but yeah it's not really as simple as him just being stupid
>>
>>28089269

>>How there is shadows on the moon if there is no gravity there you fuckin moron

did someone actually say this

EM waves have no correlation to gravity on a macroscopic scale
>>
File: 1451552558931s.jpg (8 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
1451552558931s.jpg
8 KB, 250x249
>I have penis
>women have vaginas
>these two are naturally made to go together
>I want to put my penis in the vaginas of certain women
>yet they don't want my dick to be put in their vagina
>in fact my penis hasn't been in a single vagina despite the fact that it has a function just for that purpose and I use that function every day
just doesn't make common sense desu
>>
File: Untitled.png (53 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
53 KB, 150x150
>>28089379
it makes sense considering the native birth rates of first world countries took a shit
>>
File: 1458997461035.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
1458997461035.png
30 KB, 747x491
>people still use toilet brushes to wipe their ass instead of paper and most people keep one around for some reason

Why would anyone use one of those things? I tried one and it did gnarly things to my ass. I stick to paper or baby wipes even if the brush is better at getting rid of the big bits of poop at the start
>>
>>28089269
yeah it really is that simple actually. just try reading what the fuck you just wrote you fucking retard
>>
>>28089166
I wipe my ass with $8
>>
>>28089654
trolled by copypasta my good sir

I bet you feel pretty dumb now, huh? you are but another roach playing in my little web
>>
>>28089707
oh no! i feel so terribly humiliated!
>>
>>28089615
you need to twist it really fast, it hurts less the harder you do it
>>
>>28089615
dude...that is not what they are for.

you are trolling right?

pls b troll
>>
Just like the moon controls the tides, the little crescent controls the liquid in your mug.
>>
>>28089615
I found that using the smaller toilet brushes that people use for their mouths seem to work better for me.
You can fit them right up there and leave your hole squeaky clean.
Never use the white paste up there, they may say it helps with cleaning but it fucking burns.
>>
How come cars still use wheels? If the technology has been around since the stone age why haven't we replaced it with some new invention yet? Like cars with legs.
>>
>>28088965
That's where you rest your flesh sticks. Sometimes it helps when you need to balance the hot liquid holder against your digestion funnel when you are ready to open the flood gates.
>>
>>28089202
This is a very thought provoking and introspective post. Please read and pay attention to it.
>>
>>28091457
Should be run on magnetic fields by now. Save a whole heap of fuel.
>>
>>28089202
>Implying that you don't drink your own piss
fucking weirdo
>>
>>28091486
you mean underrated post?
>>
>>28089166
That stuff is so good. I wonder how easy it is to make at home.
>>
>>28088988
They should make aluminum coffee mugs with ten of those coils so all of the heat from the coffee is rapidly sapped out and distributed to the surrounding air.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.