[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /vidya/ but can't stand gaming journalism, YouTube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: kUz3XBH.jpg (255 KB, 1280x1122) Image search: [Google]
kUz3XBH.jpg
255 KB, 1280x1122
Who else /vidya/ but can't stand gaming journalism, YouTube or even /v/?

It's an abstract kind of feel
>>
>>28088699
I never visit /v/. Only the /vg/ thread for whatever game I'm into.

Currently Hearthstone
>>
I can't stand gaming reviews cuz theyre usually poorly written and they hand out 9s too often, or at least ign does
>>
is that supposed to be special
youtube is for easily excited little girls, gaming "journalism" is for nobody, and /v/ is for masochists
>>
who here /wanttolikevidyabutgetboredwheneveryoutrytoplayagame/?
>>
I only like video games because they let me forget my life for a while.

Journalism and Youtube don't do that for me.
>>
>gaming journalism
I don't read any of that shit. If I'm interested in a game I'll google its release, other than that I just shut up and play.
>>
>gaming """"""""journalism""""""""""

The vast majority of game journalists don't have journalism degrees and they are either paid to give good reviews for shit games or they give good reviews because publishers will blacklist them from receiving early copies if they give shit games shit reviews. The field is a joke compared to specialized journalism for almost any other medium.
>>
>>28088699
I know those feels op.

What games are you playing
>>
what kind of faggot doesn't follow gaming journalists? do you also not have a twitter account? lmfao.
>>
>>28088745
>bored of every game I usually play
>dark souls is the only thing keeping me alive
I hope I never get bored of it.
>>
>>28088699

I like video games, but I'm so hilariously bad at them. I still play them because they are fun, but I honestly hate how everything these days have to be competitive and shit.

>2.5k MMR
>silver elite
>>
>>28088699
The only reason gaming "journalism" exists is because they do it for free
>>
>>28088769
>>28088842
>>28088723
Do you discuss games at all with others, I only do so on r9k where the community is slightly less toxic.
>>28088850
Currently the new TR, only because I owe my childhood to Lara and own every TR game. I also play chivalry on the regular
>>
>>28088723
>hearthstone
Youre literally a fucking child
End your life
>>
>>28088889
I don't have any friends so its literally only discussion on /vg/

>>28088900
suck my dick rank 20 pleb
>>
It's not abstract at all, most other people can't stand it either. It's become a well oiled system akin to fox news or cnn, the gamers who go to places like IGN and Kotaku for their gaming news are generally regarded as the LCD anyway.
>>
>>28088745
>>28088868
I was like this for a while. I found space in knowing that games are escapism and started to get into the good oldies
>>28088900
Hearthstone is cool yo
>>
>>28088889
>chivalry
>blocking simulator 2016
Why
>>
Lumping youtube in with gaming shit is kinda retarded, I spend nearly all my free time on youtube and hardly ever watch anything gaming related
>>
>>28088723

Fellow /hsg/fag here
>tfw getting over 6k dust from the upcoming nerfs
>tfw plan on using it to craft golden Yogg Saron for dank memes
>>
>>28088699
I can relate to you OP, I enjoy playing games but I can't really stand the gamer culture. I've been getting really bored of many games in the last half a year or so though.
>>
>>28088919
>Hearthstone is cool yo
Fuck off my board disgusting normscum

Hearthstone is a steaming pay to win pile of shit for guilible mongoloids

Honestly you deserved to be put on a leash like some kind of fucking mentally deficient todler if you play hearthstonr
>>
>>28088745
I know this feel, I used to play games loads but now I can never justify spending that much time on something, feels like too much of a waste of time, I used to be really excited about the new mirrors edge but as times gone by I'm not sure I'll even ever play it now
>>
File: 1442507296470.jpg (225 KB, 775x1032) Image search: [Google]
1442507296470.jpg
225 KB, 775x1032
I already got all the achievements in Dark Souls III

What the fuck do I do now
>>
>people make a living off of playing videya on livestream
>people waste their time watching videos of someone else playing a game when they could be playing the game themselves
>e-sports is a thing
>/v/
>I have Steam, but I have 0 Steam friends on my list
>turn off the voice chat for all games
>only am in a guild on WoW to get the guild perks, almost never talk to the guildies

anyone else /solovideya/ ?
>>
>>28088909
>pleb at a shit tier pay to win tactless pile of garbage
O well

Sorry i dont waste my time playing a watered down version of a childs card game
>>
>>28088942
YouTube as a whole has become insufferable. I only use it for music because I'm too poor for Spotify
>>28088924
It's fun and I like medieval history
>>28088968
I've never paid a single shekel, I'm assuming you play magic?
>>28088993
I almost exclusively okay sp games apart from chivalry, even then it's either FFA or Duels
>>
>>28088968
>>28088997
>only argument is that it's pay to win

ok friend
>>
check the mcelroy brothers dude. they're hilarious
https://youtu.be/1Qo1Aj_leEo
>>
File: manchild.jpg (20 KB, 417x321) Image search: [Google]
manchild.jpg
20 KB, 417x321
Who the hell still plays video games when they're older than 14? No wonder you're robots.
>>
>>28089053
why are you here
leave us to die alone you sadist
>>
>>28089004
>YouTube as a whole has become insufferable.
>This platform with billions of different videos in hundreds of thousands of different genres from tens of millions of different personalities is insufferable

You obviously just have an incredibly narrow understanding of the site

I don't know how people can generalize shit like this with a straight face
>>
>>28089068
he is right though, I could understand playing something casual, but people here are hardcore gamers and they are not even professional or streamers who can make profit out of it, in fact they spend their miserable NEETbux in those games
>>
>>28088993
>people make a living off of playing videya on livestream
>people waste their time watching videos of someone else playing a game when they could be playing the game themselves
>e-sports is a thing

This. I don't really get why people want to spend tons of time watching some faggot play video games. I also hate it when some people talk about e-sports like it is a real sport, I wish it was just called competitive gaming.
>>
>tried to get back into games
>would just rather read some books or watch a few good movies with the time

I should get around to playing SMT IV and a few other 3DS games though.
>>
>>28089022
Pay to win games are always boring as shit
So thats two for you stupid cunt
>>28089004
Chivarlys fun if you like repetion and only having to push one button
Chivarlies also a shit representation of anything medieval

>i havent paid
Thats not the point mong
>>
>>28089150
Because we're lonely and have no friends
>>
File: giphy-1.gif (20 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
giphy-1.gif
20 KB, 320x224
>>28088723
Im a youtuber and I just make stuff for myself and my friends.
Gaming is dead. Everyone in the community is awful and mean on top of it. I miss gaming circa 1998.
>>
>>28089415
>>28089004
I used to like chivalry before they added the bubble and made knight the only class worth playing. I made a bunch off the guides for it. I mained archer and fists.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.