[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everyone hating on STEM and EE? EE major here, I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: EECS.png (499 KB, 720x864) Image search: [Google]
EECS.png
499 KB, 720x864
Why is everyone hating on STEM and EE?

EE major here, I get PAID interneships for like 35k-50k.

Also I'm browsing for jobs and I could EASILY get a job for 100k/y
>>
>>28088213
Because EE and STEM actually take work to achieve. Niggers don't work, remember?
>>
>>28088213
>everyone

Why does it matter to you when you can be making 100k per year?
>>
>>28088234
>Why does it matter to you when you can be making 100k per year?
Well, I wanted to know if there's any "hidden downsides" to it.

It's like wearing very comfortable clothes that you love but you want to know whether or not you look like a retard wearing them.
>>
>>28088248
Literally none. Enjoy money and success
>>
i thought ee was just a meme, do people really lower their expectations that much to be satisfied with ee?
>>
>tfw EE degree but no jobs
>>
>>28089506
Perhaps because a bachelor alone isnt worth that much unless it's from an Ivy school or something.
>>
>>28089520
Yeah planning on doing a masters if I can get enough money
>>
>>28088213
Because even those are being offshored now or you have pooindaloos coming over to work for a cheaper price.

It a lot of work with none of the job prospect reliability it had before.
>>
>>28088213
1) STEMlords are known to be insufferably smug even if in reality they're jsut well-compensated wageslaves.
2) Not everyone likes STEM (I'd sooner blow my own brains out).
3) The natural instinct for humans is to put others down and push you away from doing good jobs they aren't capable of.

If you actually like STEM, then you've got it good brother.
>>
>>28089877
>2) Not everyone likes STEM (I'd sooner blow my own brains out).
I used to think I hated the STEM field too. That was until I started my business major and did all kinds of terrible bullshit courses.

Now I study pure math and it's much more bearable.
>>
>>28089520
is this true? I'm getting my EE bachelors at the moment but I'm also 27 and will be almost 29 when I graduate. I'm open to a masters but I don't know how to be 34 with no house, job, family, gf.
oh well probably won't get one by then anyway.
might as well focus my energy elsewhere
>>
File: 1460043829997.jpg (111 KB, 415x421) Image search: [Google]
1460043829997.jpg
111 KB, 415x421
>>28088213

>he fell for the EE or STEM in general meme
>he doesnt think he'll be competing with literal autists who would take almost half the pay you want
>he doesnt think his work will be outsourced to poo in the loos

look at this deluded cuck

don't worry, I'm sure you'll EASILY get that 100k/y job
cuck
I fell for the stem meme
>>
>>28090613
Engineering is 80% experience and 20% degree. After a few years, nobody gives a shit about your degree.
>>
>>28089877
>3) The natural instinct for humans is to put others down and push you away from doing good jobs they aren't capable of.
I'd say this accounts for maybe 90% of the STEM hate here. I personally love EE and am looking forward to a lucrative career in the applied sciences.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.