[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does uni make anyone else feel really depressed? I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Does uni make anyone else feel really depressed?

I've never really felt depressed in high school. I had a few close friends. But now in college I spend everyday alone, sometimes not even saying a single word to another person. I even struggle to get out of bed in the morning or leave my dorm room.
>>
do hard drugs.
>>
>>28088148
Don't. Drinking copious amounts of alcohol will make you feel good. And after awhile, you'll develop a tolerance to hangovers, and will still be able to attend class after a drinking binge.
>>
>>28088148
But the experience from drugs is ephemeral. I just want to be happy and stable again and college is doing the opposite for me.
>>
>>28088126
iktftbh

I have literally 0 friends, I haven't talked to anyone in weeks. Last year I failed 3 classes because I had no motivation to get up of my bed, or study, or anything, so the people I knew is now ahead of me and see me as a failure.
>>
>>28088148
shit advice, i used to do lots of drugs in my youth and they only fuck you up beyond recognition in the long run, drugs are fun if your life is otherwise okay but if you take them to medicate issues like depression you are making a terrible mistake
>>28088186
alcohol is even shittier than drugs and fucks you up just as much, attending classes after a drinking binge?

lmao you will only struggle and learn jackshit

OP you are not alone, i was hoping uni would help my neet situation, i started when i was 22 but all it did was waste my time because most universities only care about your money, they don't give a shit if you know anything or if you will find a job after you are done. The people that i met there were all shitty and treated me badly for no reason other than my social-economic status and psychological issues.

However there is one thing that i consider positive from all this suffering - now i know i must avoid trying to have friends or a gf, it's just a waste of time for me since i have no chance of having that at all. I will just focus on finding the best possible job and do my best to live a hedonistic life with lots of drugs and whores. I no longer feel depressed that i don't live my life the way society or someone else expected me to.
>>
>>28088233
Are you me? I'm in almost the same situation, but first year. If I don't pass I'm going to kill myself at the end of the year.
>>
File: 1461384913696.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1461384913696.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
>>28088126
At this point at just want to drop out or transfer somewhere I can commute. I hate having zero privacy, being forced to live with a roommate, and being surrounded by normies on my floor.
>>
File: 1456550790600.jpg (83 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
1456550790600.jpg
83 KB, 497x732
>uni is 20 minutes from my house
>it's free
>great professors, modern lab equipment
>good grades so far
>EE
feels good senpai
>>
Yeah, it's destroyed me. I've become far less competent, and my intellectual capabilities have been significantly reduced. It's also been terrible for my mental health. But worst of all, my time here has effectively killed my dreams.

For the most part, my friends are graduating this year, but I'm not. It's been painful to see how their schools (which were all far better than mine) enabled them to do great thing. They're all going to better places, and I'm falling apart.
>>
>>28088126

First ask yourself this: Do I really want to waste 4 years from my life to get a piece of paper that would land me a 9-5 blue collar job?
>>
>>28088562
Are you me?

All my HS classmates are now graduating or have already in the past year and have a fulltime job.
Meanwhile I'm in my 3rd year and practically failed all of 2nd and 3rd years because the teachers at my uni devoured the last drop of willpower.

I have about 2 years of credits to catch up on, and I have to do 2 internships and go on a semester exchange (expat child here so I'm sorta exempt from it, except my uni's going all CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE on me).
I don't mind so much the actual schoolwork but the internships are what I really don't want to do.
>>
File: 1412698903082.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1412698903082.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
>>28088126
>I've never really felt depressed in high school.
>>
Holy fuck drop out already.
>>
>>28089361
But then I'll end up a wageslave working a shitty low end job for the rest of my life.
>>
>>28088126

I was just like you, 0 friends and didn't talk to any human being for weeks at a time during uni.

After 5 years of it I couldn't even get a 4 year degree.

Now I've been out of school for 3 years. But looking back those years of doing reading and trying to write essays and the course materials did give me some sort of a foundation to pursuit my own readings and studies and now that I don't give a fuck, I enjoy reading philosophical and such literature from time to time and I do feel more superior than people who don't read at all, in that regard
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.