[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/uni/ thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 23
File: Degree Power Ranking.jpg (168 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Degree Power Ranking.jpg
168 KB, 550x400
/uni/ thread

So how you guys holdin' up?
>>
Lmao what is your deal dude, did you get cucked by someone with an EE major?
>>
You had this thread already.
>>
I did so well this semester that I can afford to get Ds and Fs on my finals and still get an A in every class
>>
>>28088018
Where would nursing fall? Low or okay tier?
>>
>tfw an English Lit major pursuing a Masters in Philosophy with a full ride scholarship living a comfy NEET life studying what I love and soon will be teaching.

Lmao STEM fags are pathetic.
>>
I'm about to lose some of my financial aid. I can at least take out more in loans, but it does hurt. I've been struggling to break the habits that I formed because of depression, and it's really killing me. I'm still hanging on though. I'm taking some classes this summer to boost my GPA.
>>
>>28088074
These days, great tier. That's considering the recent pay increases and union changes to the labor setting.
>>
>>28088018
I'm on my second year of pharmacy
>>
>>28088081
>teaching
>>
>>28088081
congratulations we are happy for you
>>
>>28088074
>Where would nursing fall?
Well those charts generally rate based on difficulty and employability.

I mean, you can have an exceptionally hard degree but it's worthless if you can't get a job with it after.

Nursing is mediocre tier difficulty, but probably one of the most employable degrees out there. I'd say it's high tier.

>>28088081
It's good you're doing what you love.
>>
>>28088018
Econometrics, is it good enough for you robots?
>>
>>28088091
No shit. I was thinking about switching to it from biology actually.
>>
>Astrophysics
I have no idea why I'm doing this or what I'll do after
>>
>>28088143
Become and astrologist.
>>
File: EECS.png (499 KB, 720x864) Image search: [Google]
EECS.png
499 KB, 720x864
>>28088018
>medicine god tier
>electrical engineering worst tier
The salt is palpable
>>
>>28088143
desu tho senpai that sounds interesting as fuck

do you enjoy it?
>>
>>28088171
I don't even know, mang
I like the side stuff (programming, computers etc) more than the main chunk (telescopes etc)
>>
I'm doing Mathematics and failing horribly. I'm not too stupid, just very lazy. If I'm very lucky I can bust my ass in the next few weeks before exams and maybe pass this year.

But I'm not hopeful.
>>
>try harder than everyone else
>literally study almost all day every day, 2 hours of leisure time a night as I sit exhausted in front of the computer before bed
>getting significantly worse marks than all the Chads/Stacies who just party and #yolo everything

Feels depressing brehs, I'm convinced there's just widespread cheating because there's a few lonely fellow autists who didn't go very well on the assessments last semester but BTFO everyone in the final exam which you couldn't possibly cheat on
>>
Why do people always seem to shit on psychology the most? I understand it can't be as high as math and shit but seriously, there's so much about how the human mind can work that we don't fully understand yet. Like how we can control it.
>>
>>28088399
Really? Because we exist in a relatively well-controlled, manipulated, exploited, apathetic, and pacified population.
>>
>>28088399
It has low earning potential and is filled with dumb chad and stacies.
>>
>>28088423
Suppose you're right really. I just find psych interesting with behaviour and mental illnesses.

But I'm not studying it. I might be looking at maybe learning forensics and shit. Maybe get into the federal police with that.
>>
>>28088018
>History
>shit tier

Goddamn it, I took the course when I was young, dumb and naive, plus I also really enjoyed history.

How fucked am I? Especially considering I want to move to America someday. (Britbong here.)
>>
>>28088399
>Why do people always seem to shit on psychology the most?
If you want to learn about the brain, mental illnesses and means of treating them then do medicine and study psychiatry.

Psychology as a degree is a joke. You learn such basic shit that forms the foundation of absolutely nothing in terms of practicality.
>>
>>28088479
>plus I also really enjoyed history.

It's not wasted then. There are two times where uni is worth it.

>great degree, but you hate it
This is where you find yourself in something you hate but it's a degree that will likely land you a job and pay well (nursing, accounting)

>shit degree, but you love it
You spend 3 or so years doing something your passionate about and improve as a person for it.

I honestly don't think little of people who do degrees that will unlikely land them a job if they fucking love doing it. Uni is where you make lifelong friends and have some of the best years of your life.

Just never become someone who hates their degree and is worthless.
>>
File: scllGkn.gif (550 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
scllGkn.gif
550 KB, 250x355
>>28088543
Guess I forgot about that side of it. I won't lie, going to uni has definitely made me grow into a more confident person and I do really enjoy my degree. Thanks anon.
>>
I basically Never understood the civ. Engineering being superior to elec. Engineering. And all that stuff elec. Engineering being shit.
Someone cares to explain?
>>
>>28088543
>make lifelong friends

Shit, I must have did it wrong.
>>
Math, doing my master's and preparing for the PhD. It's pretty cool, but I think I don't have enough to do outside of work, so it affects my mood greatly (if I'm doing well, then my mood is great, otherwise I can spend days sleeping and feeling like shit)
>>
>>28088489
>found the guy who took 101
>>
>>28088094
How is it? I'm interested in it as well.
>>
Whats wrong with chemical engineering? Why is chemistry much better? Im planning to study one of this but I cant choose
>>
>>28088018
Doing great since I'm studying medicine.

Honestly, just tell this to girls and they're suddenly all over you lol
>>
What does everyone rate bach of criminology/bach of It security double degree?
>>
>>28089184
They're all over you because they want to leech your money, tard.
>>
>>28088018
Medfag here, it feels good to be on top
>>
>>28089225
I'm in my first year and have zero money, still reap the benefits
>>
WHO HERE /MATHEMATICS/

FEELS GOOD LADS
>>
File: dolan.jpg (2 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
dolan.jpg
2 KB, 125x116
Year 13 here. Firming a university I don't want to go to to force myself to do well in A level and then re-apply to something better next year.

It's fucking on.
>>
File: 1455332258367.png (72 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1455332258367.png
72 KB, 900x900
>>28088018
would be a better thread if it wasn't made by such a salty retard

you missed 3 whole gigantic fields of engineering

stay mad you god complex protodoctor
>>
>>28089342
absolute sixth form madman
>>
>tfw library science
i-it'll be okay right
>>
>grad school in four months
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>28088489
That is not possible though. Psychiatry also uses psychology because you cant just brain scan people and find their problems by observing their nervous system with fMRI.

Psychiatrists will either drug you up which wont solve shit and is advised only if you cant live without it as palliative care or they use psychotherapeutic methods which is psychology in practice with drugs as support to fasten up the process.
>>
File: tgt.png (91 KB, 314x314) Image search: [Google]
tgt.png
91 KB, 314x314
>>28088543
>Uni is where you make lifelong friends and have some of the best years of your life.
That's not how I remember it
>>
File: 158---159.png (819 KB, 1869x1500) Image search: [Google]
158---159.png
819 KB, 1869x1500
>>28088543
Nah man.

I was at uni for 5 years and I hated it, and the few friends I made I don't ever keep in contact with anymore, it was the shittest time of my life and I only had to put with it to get the degree, which was also quite shit but worth it for the job which is also not great but pays well and guarantees me a life of income.

Sixth form was the best, no work, no pressure, could sail through with minimal effort and hang out with mates much more.
>>
It took several tries (and therefore several years) from me to pass the entry test to study the subject I found interesting.

I've been studying here for three years and I've fallen behind the average second year students. I feel like a huge fucking failure because I started here when I was 23, now I'm 26 and behind people who are 2-5 years younger than me. I feel like I'm pretty much nothing compared to anyone else.

I just can't concentrate on the exam material, I try to keep reading but I just slip into daydreaming, fantasizing about either doing well in life, having a gf or contemplating suicide. Nowadays I just don't go to exams which as lead to a snowballing effect where the exam dates pile on me and I don't really know what to do anymore.
>>
>>28088018
>philosophy
>shit tier
Sure thing m8
>>
>>28090445
Philosophy should be something studied on your own. Getting a uni degree for it is idiotic.
>>
File: hotness-iq.png (42 KB, 657x591) Image search: [Google]
hotness-iq.png
42 KB, 657x591
good luck with your shit IQ cuck
>>
>>28090462
That's pretty presumptuous. Philosophy isn't simple, you can study greek philosophy on your own ,but can't fully understand Heidegger or Deleuze.
>>
File: 1446759492504.jpg (14 KB, 207x212) Image search: [Google]
1446759492504.jpg
14 KB, 207x212
>>28088018
>the medicine meme
>>
>>28090543
>but can't fully understand Heidegger or Deleuze.

Why not?
>>
>>28090637
requires time and study
>>
>>28088018
>Doing well in a great-tier degree
>Fucking despise University though
>Will be in 60k debt
Not sure if it was worth lads.
>>
>>28090525
>IQ meaning anything
Embarassing
>>
>>28090736
Fuck yeah it's worth it. 60k debt is nothing
thats like one nice car and 2 good vacations
You'll still get that in the end but you won't be working shit jobs
>>
Failing at biochem here.
In terms of employability the position of your uni means just as much as the course you chose btw.
>>
>>28088018
What about biological anthropology?
>>
>>28088143
work for boeing or lockheed martin, make lots of dosh
>>
File: 1457295210418.png (118 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457295210418.png
118 KB, 1000x1000
>tfw in your country medicine is shit tier
>>
File: Kant_Portrait.jpg (167 KB, 946x1342) Image search: [Google]
Kant_Portrait.jpg
167 KB, 946x1342
>Majoring in philosophy
>fucking love it

I feel like STEM fags just hate people who go into humanities because we are doing what we want and not what are parents forced us to do.

Props to you if you have a legitimate passion for a STEM program tho
>>
>>28093762
I hate philosofags more for trying to engage me in epistemological discussions I don't care about.
>>
>>28093762
I had a legitimate passion for STEM before I spent four years in school for it.
>>
>w-where would architecture be on that list, family?
>>
>>28088018
Why the fuck is Law only okay tier?

I'm gonna be a divorce lawyer so I can help ruin Stacys' and Chads' lives with child support payments.
>>
Medfag here. Will be starting year one this August
>>
>>28094169
I used to have a passion for STEMs. Did 8 hours of advanced math in high school. Teacher even ended up teaching us from a university textbook about encryption because we finished the curriculum a few months early.

Stopped giving a shit some weeks before graduation though so I never bothered with mathematics in uni.
>>
>>28088018
>posting my oc
Kek
>>
>I get upset over the life choices of strangers
Maybe I have autism but I'm not sure what sparked medicine and engineering not liking each other.
t. CE/EE hired out of my bachelor's.
>>
>>28094280
It should be even lower. Law isn't viable whatsoever anymore. 98% of people who go to Law school now will never practice law.
>>
>Pick Civ Engineering
>market goes to shit
I am scared anons
I can't take it anymore
>>
File: 932590239520935.jpg (13 KB, 867x27) Image search: [Google]
932590239520935.jpg
13 KB, 867x27
Getting back my grades for my first major assessment at university in 7 hours.

I'm so fucking scared, I want to have done well, I don't want to go back to NEET life.

pic related: what do they mean by "explore other options" if you fail it?
>>
>>28089246
They can smell your earning potential like dogs.
>>
>>28094680
They probably mean they'll coddle you and give you some carebear makeup assignment or something.
>>
>>28088032
Tbh senpai, i think op might be an EE. Most EEs i know hate it
>>
File: 1446424295806.jpg (47 KB, 369x368) Image search: [Google]
1446424295806.jpg
47 KB, 369x368
>tfw you get an A+ in a difficult course
>>
>>28088018
Mines not on there, someone fix it
>>
>>28094592
So? It's a great degree to have if you're going corporate or you can always find some bureaucratic job. It opens doors.
>>
>>28088913
It's a meme. EE is boring and one of the hardest majors for most people but jobs pay very well and you have a solid range of industries to enter. It's like mech but much less saturated
>>
>>28094542
I made it to rustle some jimmies, which it did. Op must have thought it was so clever that hes decided to post this on a weekly basis
>>
>finished all but one of my classes 5 weeks ago, early
>finished final one yesterday
>A marks across the board

hallelujah
>>
so i study geography, help me Rating it boys
>>
WHO MEDIA HERE
>>
File: s-l1000[1].jpg (104 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000[1].jpg
104 KB, 1000x666
>>28095158
>>28095138
fetch
>>
Im doing Accounting and Finance what tier is that?
>>
Why is art shit tier? I want to become an artist :(
>>
I study nuclear engineering. Where do I fit on the chart? Do I have a future (in anything besides decommissioning)?
>>
>>28095284
But anon, you're already an autist, why add the extra letter?
>>
anyone in Imperial College
>>
>tfw stopped going to uni some weeks ago
>mom found out and yelled at me
>threatened to send me to my father she divorced when she went into rehab for alcoholism
>kept asking me why I'm not going and what I want to do
>I didn't respond or said I don't know
>probably going to kill myself in the morning or this evening
>>
Pleb majors:
>engineering
>medicine
>business
>English
>women's studies
>journalism
>>
File: 123.jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>tfw entering the final year of a worthless Economics degree

I've never worked a day in my life, and I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. I'm trying to get an internship, but I haven't even gotten a single interview over the past year.
>>
>>28088018
This chart is awful. The only shit-tier degrees in the world today are STEM fields. They're oriented towards a specific job and are based on obtaining knowledge in a field rather than skills as such. Humanities degrees allow you to develop transferable job skills that can be used across multiple fields, which is what the economy is demanding these days. STEM fags should probably just kill themselves now and get it over with
>>
/art/ bois
How fucked am i?
>>
Why are all the engineering majors such stuck up douchebags? I'm a medfag so you'd think I'm a huge elitism but even I can't have my head as far up my ass as them.
>>
>tfw in highschool
>all the things im passionate about are in the shit tier

Fuck you and fuck me
>>
>>28088018
Computer science sucks, you need to take too many math classes for it.
>>
>>28096490
>transferable job skills
such as
>>
>>28096490
At least put effort into your bait. You were found out by the second sentence.
>>
>>28088018
What would architecture fall under?
>>
>>28094809
>Most EEs i know hate it
Why so?
>>
>>28096594
Communication, critical thinking, critical analysis, ability to think in the abstract etc.

>>28096647
>i don't like it so it must be bait
nice meme friendo
>>
File: 1460157378866s.jpg (13 KB, 235x211) Image search: [Google]
1460157378866s.jpg
13 KB, 235x211
>>28096726
>people don't like my retarded shit so they must be memeing
nice meme friendo
>>
What tier is Management Information Systems? Im guessing its the Literally Who? major
>>
>>28096663
It falls under: if you enjoy it and it makes you happy, then fucking do it
>>
>>28096726
>Communication, critical thinking, critical analysis, ability to think in the abstract etc.
Do you know what goes in STEM courses or are you just being a memer?
>>
>>28093762
>Kant
What a shamelessly unoriginal fuck
>>
>>28096671
Our coursework focuses a lot on really abstract shit, when what one does on an actual job is either nowhere near as complex, or you just have a computer do all the math for you. I recently had an exam for a classical controls class involving calculus and some diff eq stuff, no calculators, no partial credit. I made 100% on it but this shit just beats the soul right out of you. I drank almost every night this semester, and I'm currently praying that I don't get a job for the summer so I can take the time off.

Hope that gives you an idea
>>
>>28088489
Psych postgrad here, this guy is actually right but not in the way he thinks he is

Psychology as an undergraduate degree barely teaches you anything outside of how to write essays, reports, etc., to an academic standard, while giving you only a very tentative understanding of research, statistics and actual psychological theory. Undergrad psychology degrees aren't made for practicality. It's only once you get to postgrad that what you learn is aimed directly at being applied to a certain population. This is in my own experience, anyway.

Many of the disciplines within psychology are also tied up heavily in the "publish or perish" mantra, some research can seem shallow for this reason.
>>
>>28096671
In my experience I've found it very hard and unrewarding. I used to enjoy building circuits and find electronics interesting. Uni changed that for me and I don't get to build many circuits. I just do a lot of maths and report writing.
>>
>>28088018
I am taking a semester off
Going to a mental day hospital
Studied chemistry, but I am unsure if I will go back to it
Might look into CS
>>
>>28088197
Computers are the main chunk of the work
You don't really visit telescopes or look through them
>>
>>28097049
Further from this, psychological research can easily be seen by those outside of the bubble as babble and nonsense, particularly qualitative research. Qual research doesn't usually rely on any statistical measures or analysis, but rather the researcher's own analysis (research like interpretative phenomenological analysis). This can look very unscientific to those with little understanding, or those accustomed purely to quantitative research.
>>
>>28097078
>>28096890
Hell, I've wanted to do EE for awhile now and I'm about to start uni. What do you guys recommend I do instead?
>>
>>28097078
Fuck dude same here. Build mad amounts of curcuit boards and cool shit in high school but EE tech sucked fucking dick so I dropped out.

Going navy tho so I'm gonna make it senpai
>>
Who /oxbridge/ here?
Seriously feel like I'm losing it with all the fucking work for finals and twat tutors being difficult
>>
Just failed a calculus exam because I didn't show up at all last week. Luckily I have one more before the final so I should pass pretty easily. I just want this shit to be over so I can drink for four months.
>>
>>28097221
I don't want to put you off it entirely because I'm severely depressed so my view of my degree and life is warped. Because I'm in one of my more lucid moods I can tell you that this degree can give you the opportunity to get many different types of jobs that are well paid and you aren't just restricted to engineering. Remember that. You don't have to be an engineer because you are doing an engineering degree so you can always do the degree and work in an entirely different field.

Most people on my course seem to be able to handle the stress and see it as delayed gratification. They don't particularly like it but they don't hate it like me and understand how they can get jobs as engineers which they will probably find interesting and are relatively well paid. If you have a mature outlook on life you will be fine. You may enjoy it from time to time and see it as worthwhile in the long run. Don't worry too much and you will probably be fine in the end.

>>28097328
I'm glad someone gets me. It's good that you have found a career path which is right for you.
>>
>>28096492
Depends on the skillset.
Your grade means jackshit, you just have to work/improve everyday as only 10% of the class is going to get anywhere with their degree.

I'm /3/ and now I work in advertising, animating tv ads and stills.
It's comfy and relaxed for the most part. Everything about the work day is relaxed unless it's deadline week.

I thought I was fucked at the time and went into a major depression phase.
>>
>>28088018
Lmfao. Why the hate for us chem engers? Can't handle our higher graduating salaries?
>>
>delay doing relatively painless 20-pager for a week
>really really don't want to do this busywork garbage anymore
>agonise over it, feel like i'm living under its shadow the whole time, feel like a week just evaporated into an endless swampy haze of shit
>get to work today
>have three hours of sleep this morning after staying up to 6AM and still not working on the fucking paper
>have four-hour shift doing nothing at the desk
>have a small coffee
>suddenly feel invincible
>say what the hell, i'm just gonna use this time to finish it
>write entire 25 page piece of shit and do an additional ten miles of legwork making it extra good
>do all of this in like 3 hours
>only have one page of notes left to integrate and they practically write themselves
>difficulty of paper is massively diminished because i no longer need to "totalise" 10+ pages of absurdly complexly interrelated notes at a time and keep them "held" in my forebrain so i can extract the actual paper structure from them, while writing it into the paper AND inputting the citations in good order
>as a result, having one page of notes to integrate instead of ten isn't 1/10 the difficulty, it's like 1/1000th
>this is the last page or two of the last piece of shit paper i'll ever write in my entire life
>after this i go into maximum PhD overdrive where i only ever have to do work i actually want to do, for the rest of my life
>i will never write another fucking paper i don't care about, EVER
>and it's a cakewalk to the finish line
>i can just finish it and go eat an entire pie to celebrate
>stalled and not doing anything

FUCK
>>
>>28088018
Where does Journalism fall on there?
>>
>>28088081
pleas teach me how friend
please
>>
>>28097965
>delay doing relatively painless 20-pager for a week
>really really don't want to do this busywork garbage anymore
are you me
I'm still delaying it. But got time til june. Too bad I'll have most of my exams then as well.
>>
>>28098007
What are majoring in and why?
>>
File: UCLA.png (182 KB, 1347x751) Image search: [Google]
UCLA.png
182 KB, 1347x751
>get accepted into UCLA as a transfer student
>super excited
>have earned enough scholarships at my CC and saving up my FAFSA/work money to afford it without getting loans
>apply for housing
>see this

It's only going to get worse isn't /r9k/? Is there any way to avoid the assault of Marxist brainwashing that I might experience?
What if I get paired up with some special snowflake?

Somebody save me.
>>
>>28098071
>>get accepted into UCLA as a transfer student

Nice fucking job.

If it's any consolation, systems like that are usually created by interns and grad students.
>>
File: 3rd wave feminism.png (142 KB, 450x796) Image search: [Google]
3rd wave feminism.png
142 KB, 450x796
>>28098071
>Ramirez
>worried about some snowflake

It doesn't matter, ze will most likely be white and race always triumphs over the oppression Olympics. Just tell him to check his white privilege if xe gets uppity.
>>
>>28098052
Right now, nothing.
I've finished all my gen eds this semester. I'm running out of time to register for the Fall.

I'm afraid of having no jobs when I graduate. I've been thinking about mathematics just because I know I'll be able to get a job, especially as a teacher. But I hate math.
>>
>>28088081
>he loves philosophy
more pathetic than majoring in philosophy
>>
>>28098257
Mad? :^)

Wew lad
>>
>tfw only studying so my parents keep supporting me
this isn't enough motivation to do well
this isn't enough motivation to do anything
>>
>>28098214
What do you like to do?

Also, its fine to change majors to figure out what you want.

I've known many people who still refuse to change their majors even after they realized they hated it.

I was also afraid about the job prospects...I dropped out of college twice from anxiety and stress.

Figure out why exactly you need a higher education besides money.
>>
>>28098214
If you want to get a free ride in grad school you should be really really good at what you're doing and love it. If you want to go into academia beyond grad school, you should be REALLY, REALLY fucking good and love the hell out of it, otherwise you are going to be competing with billions of starving retard PhDs and postdocs who would suck a thousand cocks for an adjunct position with no job security, benefits, or future.

Seriously. Don't go to grad school unless you are 100% sure you know the degree is good for something, or you are 1000000000000% sure academia is right for you for the rest of your life.

Even if you're relatively good, you'll just end up working slave labour on shit you don't care about as a perpetual manchild for a decade at some pissant state school or minor kinda-prestigious place that won't even help you any more than the state schools these days.

"Free ride" sounds nice but you should be thinking of marketable skills, a solid CV upon graduation, and what you want to do with your life.
>>
>>28098428
Also this.

Market one of your skills and learn some math.
>>
>>28098364
I don't really know.
I want to be a history teacher. And when I say "want" I just mean I want it slightly more than anything else.

But both history and education are pretty low tier majors.
>>
File: 1443723311345.jpg (38 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
1443723311345.jpg
38 KB, 426x341
>tfw sociology major
>hate it but too lazy to switch majors
>GPA dropped from 3.1 to 2.4 this year
>>
>>28098516
Well.

You have to care about to a point where you don't care about what tier it is.

Sounds like you need to seriously reflect.

What would you do if it assured a great and secure life?
>>
>>28098606
>What would you do if it assured a great and secure life?
Definitely teach history.

I feel like if I could just find something to work towards I could give it my all, but sometimes I feel like I'm just a pussy who is afraid of hard math classes.
>>
>>28098650

Take the up the challenge, Anon, or you'll always be a loser.

Dare to follow your dreams and if you fail try something else
>>
File: godtier.jpg (69 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
godtier.jpg
69 KB, 550x400
I fixed your faggot list. Learn your place.
>>
>>28098287
THIS THIS THIS

I have an exam tomorrow and I have 0 motivation to study again. I used to have a 90+ average in high/middle school because I tried really hard.

I feel like my juice ran out as soon as I hit college.
>>
>>28098766
Should I take the challenge of doing what I love and possibly having no job or doing what I don't like for the chance at getting a job?
>>
>>28088333
You wouldn't believe how fucking common normal fag cheating rings especially in uni. All the vapid normroaches are in on it and the teacher does not usually give a fuck because he doesn't want to be hated by the majority of his class. If you're scoring well enough in your finals then that confirms he theory and there's nothin wrong with you.myour hardwork will pay off
>>
>>28097328
>armed services
>making it
>>
>>28098875
First choice.

Also, stop taking advice.

Believe in your own convictions.

Disregard everything if you feel strongly about the contrary.
>>
Computer science. I hate it.

Should have gone math.
>>
File: IMG-20160309-WA0045.jpg (131 KB, 540x303) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160309-WA0045.jpg
131 KB, 540x303
Biochemistry here. I think its the perfect career for me
>no shitty team work
>study for yourself
>almost no contact with people
>wins a lot of money
>no need to talk to anyone
I'm okay with this
>>
>>28098875
Do what you love unless what you love is fucking retarded then don't do that. Don't do what you don't like either.

It's never as simple as option A or B. There are like 10 more good options sitting right in front of you if you just bothered to look.

>>28098970
>appealing to his idealism

That's how you make sure he does something stupid. He doesn't even care about history that much. It's just the least painful.
>>
>>28088018

Im in ECE.

The worst tier is true, because regardless of being one of the hardest, the suffering you undergo is just excruciating.
>>
>>28099070
I've been looking really hard. How do I know if what I like is retarded or not? I've been researching for months and I can not find any good answers.
>>
>>28099195
You either have to try it yourself first or talk to someone who has first hand experience in the thing you want to do. Or you give it time and let your brain mature a bit and gain some perspective. Forcing a decision while you are still too young to know what the fuck is going on is pretty stupid. You will just give future you some debts.
>>
>>28099195
Also you need to learn more about who you are and your personality. I suggest you get into MBTI and enneagram. It will give you some basis to work from.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.