[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did robots do before the internet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1410059413386.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1410059413386.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
What the fuck did robots do before the internet?
>>
Work on not being robots.
>>
>>28087437
Went outside and had fun
>>
File: do it now.jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
do it now.jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
>>28087459
/this
and it's time to take control of our life again
we can fucking do it
>>
>>28087437
Read books, tabletop gaming, HAM radio, etc.
>>
Read sci fi/fantasy novels. Tabletop games. Other low-tech nerd hobbies.
>>
Nintendo Entertainment System
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Nintendo 64

Read video game magazines.

Then I got a PC in 1996 and began playing PC games like DOOM, then Age of Empires, and even played Age of Empires online.

Then by 2000 or so started, MMORPGs. Eventually started WoW in 2004.
>>
>>28087437

They became like priests and monks and shit and spent all their days reading in solitude, seems pretty comfy tbqh. That's why the church is full of pedos today, because robots now have better alternatives so all they get are perverts and weirdos.
>>
I think they wrote poetry, i mean what most of them do is whine about love and how unfair life is.
there were probably meet-ups for poets so that was like r9k for them
>>
>>28087537
This
Also making zines on spergy topics
>>
>>28087437
They mostly didn't realize just how bad they actually have it, and were content with their hobbies, living in ignorance of how whorish the majority of women are and how the system was rigged against them from the start.
>>
File: 1413646447032.png (251 KB, 623x465) Image search: [Google]
1413646447032.png
251 KB, 623x465
Brobots didn't really exist the way they exist today. 90% of you or more wouldn't have been recluses pre-internet, you would just have been ordinary awkward nerds who had friends and possibly even ugly nerdy girlfriends. The internet has retarded your social skills. The internet is a pair of tits you became dependent on and now it's impossible to wean you. You would have been playing D&D with other greasy, smelly losers and having an awesome time drinking soda and farting and smelling your friend's sister's panties.

But no. You had to be born a millennial. Even being a fucking nerd was easy street for previous generations.
>>
>>28087437
VIDYA
I
D
Y
A

It had more creativity going in it than getting good at sports.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Schopenhauer
>>
>>28088966
>tfw you will never live out a Revenge of the Nerds type scenario from the 90s to the early 2000s
>>
Read up on the history of the ham radio community aka the original r9k.
>>
>>28089944
lol tfw your dad was part of amteur radio community and he has even the license
>>
>>28088966
This is true. I'm an oldfag. Nerds never reallyvused to be angry. And there was no visible misogyny. They also weren't anywhere near as fat.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.