[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a vast majority of robots in here that cover their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11
File: YourCellPIXLR.jpg (478 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
YourCellPIXLR.jpg
478 KB, 1280x1024
There's a vast majority of robots in here that cover their ears and look away when any kind of help is offered. From pepe-posters, to just jaded cyborgs, it's a thing we're used to. We enjoy playing the victim and refusing help. Especially normie help. The first thing we do when we hear any cold truths or advice, is lay down a list of 15 reasons why we can't do it / why normies can't be trusted. We either do that or deflect the blame onto something else, but we do hate responsability.
>>
File: thatoutlinefeel.png (389 KB, 541x512) Image search: [Google]
thatoutlinefeel.png
389 KB, 541x512
>>28083352
>Normie tells me to be myself
>I can't do it. End up being someone else
>Get rejected

Why can't I do it bros? Why can't I just b myself and pull up my bootstraps? It's so easy. I just have to talk to her.
>>
>>28083407

Talking to a woman seems like a daunting task for someone that can't even find their own identity. I'm trying to follow normie advice myself and just really live life by myself first.

Can't say I'm having too much success though.
>>
>>28083352
Normies can't offer robots help.

It's like begging for help after you've broken your leg, and chad tells you to quit being a pussy and just "walk it off."

Fuck you.
>>
>>28083477

See what I mean?

First thing you do is dismiss all help and lash out at whoever is offering it. A good part of normie advice is pretty shit, but surely you can try to cooperate and get yourself out of robotdom.

Or, you can just browse this site forever. I don't want to do that.
>>
>>28083352
As if idiot normalfags have any meaningful advice to give. Its always some nu male normalfag with an undeserved savior complex blathering useless platitudes we've all heard a thousand times before. And they always have this wannabe tough guy attitude
>>
>>28083559
not OP
but I'm a failed normie and I want to help fellow robots because I know how they feel
I lost my kv recently and that's the only reason I don't call myself a robot (but I consider myself one)
>>
>>28083559

What's the alternative then? A lifetime of self-imposed robotdom? Fuck that. I'd rather sit in the nu-males table and try to improve my life. We all know robotdom fucking sucks. Don't pretend normies and nu-males are dumber than us, they ain't.
>>
>>28083552
Nope, sorry. You're completely clueless. You're like the type of person who briefly experiences a moment of sadness and calls it "depression." LOLOL GUYS YOU DONT NEED ANTIDEPRESSANTS
>>
>>28083628
Normalfags aren't necessarily dumber, but they're more naive and unaware. And yeah, I'm going to move to the wilderness and be alone.
>>
>>28083710
excess awareness is just as bad as lack of awareness
>>
>>28083699

Quite a bunch of assumptions there. No idea how you got em', but I'm glad you're proving my point. You serve as a reference point for every personality trait I no longer wish to have
>>
>>28083749
Maybe. Depends on your viewpoint. I'd rather be miserable and enlightened than happy and clueless
>>
>>28083749

Is it? Awareness has brought me closer to the truth. Is it better to be ignorant and happy than aware and unhappy? I would prefer knowing the truth to being unaware
>>
>>28083806
Excess awareness will make you anxious
>>28083804
and why is that?
>>
>>28083806

What truth? The one truth you believe to know, and is not necessarily true at all?

Some robots share this trait. They think they're some kind of special snowflake investigators diving in for the ultimate truth, the ultimate red pill. There's no such thing, you're wasting your time, and normies are not.

As far as I'm concerned, that which you call lack of awareness doesn't seem half as bad as a lifetime of "enlightenment". You're fucking delusional.
>>
>>28083772
Golly senpai, I hope I can be like you someday and create a thread based on sweeping generalizations and calling out posters for making assumptions. Congrats, you're one step closer to being a normie.
>>
>>28083842
>and why is that?
I've come to the conclusion that happiness is a meme. You think wild animals are happy all the time? Why is happiness so important to people? Life is hard, really really hard. You just gotta keep trudging on. The idea that people can't bear to live if they don't feely sparky and warm inside is hilarious to me.
>>
>>28083863
This
The ultimate truth is probably really far
I don't believe in one truth
I believe the same truth can be different
>>
>>28083888

That's cool, I'll make sure to post some generalizations once I make it, and I expect you to be there to reply with your stupid shit aswell.
>>
>>28083915
You won't make it. TRUST.
>>
>>28083909
but there is one comforting truth after all
life is surprisingly easy if you have the drive for it
have you ever seen anyone who tried with all of their forces fail? sincerely?
make your goals (REALISTIC) and thrive for them
I really doubt that if you give one hundred percent you'll still fail
>>
>>28083941

You can never know that. But you can be sure I'll be fucked if I don't try.

Open your eyes. Normies are ahead in life.
>>
>>28083941
He sounds unreflective and arrogant enough to be a normie. What makes you think he won't make it?
>>
>>28083973
Nice circular logic
>You didn't get what you want?
>Must not have tried hard enough
>>
>>28083984

>He doesn't conform to the same level of deep delusion robots do
>He seems unreflective

Aight famalam, tell me about your robot enlightment. Did you shit your pants last time someone talked to you and then reflected on that? That's great
>>
File: NEVEREVEREVER.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
NEVEREVEREVER.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>28083863

This fucking normie

>Ugh, fuckin LOSER. Why are you THINKING about life when you could be getting laid? lmao nerd. While you're thinking im getting pussy. truth doesn't matter. it's all about the snatch BRAH
>>
>>28084019

That's /v/ tier level of bait, and a /v/ tier image aswell. I thought you had some thoughts to offer, clearly you don't.
>>
>tfw regularly try to help robots and talk to them/be their friend
>over half just yell at me and call me a normie
>a few have accepted and listen and actually try and have had some success
>never knew they could do it before I befriended, encouraged, pointed out, or yelled at

I know I'm just patting myself on the back, but it legitimately feels good to help people.

That aside though, OP sounds kind of like a cunt.
>>
>>28084009
have you for once been capable of looking at what you did and said "I have given everything I had"
people lack zeal nowadays, that's why the world is how it is
>>
>>28084019
well getting laid probably feels very good
why can't you have both?
>>
>>28084046

I am OP. I act like a cunt towards robots, because I despise them. I see some of myself when I look at their delusional ideas, and so I try to push it away.

I see some of that "i don't wanna climb" attitude in myself, and it bothers me. I don't want to be a robot. I try to share the idea that maybe we shouldn't cover our ears to advice, so even if I come off as a cunt, my intentions are to get us out of this pit.
>>
>>28084013
>tell me about your robot enlightment
unlike some people here, i'm not really interested in tooting my own horn about how much wiser I am than everyone else
it's fine though, you do you, normies love narcissists
>>
File: 1454739309274.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454739309274.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>28083352

It's important to understand that this site has a variety of people with different circumstances.

Every time advice is posted, there WILL BE a person who genuinely can't take that advice. Like for example, if somebody posts that you should just smile at girls you like some guy will respond with "but I have a facial deformity, that's not an option." For him, he has a perfectly valid reason to not take that advice, but EVERYONE on this site assumes they now have a reason to never improve themselves and they get stuck in the void.

The truth of the matter is this; A lot of people can't apply the advice given but too many people identify with the WRONG reasons for never improving.
>>
>>28084113

Can't do that famblam. You can't help random strangers by being rude to them. That just feeds back into the "normies don't understand" rhetoric and invalidates any point you have, decent or not.
>>
>>28084048
Yeah, i can. You have a childish attitude. You can give it your all and still be screwed. That's life.
>>
>>28084185
You just want to hear that it isn't your fault
Admit it
>>
>>28084127

That's a thoughtful response; Just what I was looking for. Thank you for your insight. I'll pose you a question, but beware. Robots think I am a cunt, so maybe you'll be annoyed by me.

Is there a realistic way of improving our situation? That would demand introspection I suppose, to be able to tell the real reasons why we're stuck, and not identify with the wrong ones.
>>
>>28084113
Similarly, it's hard not to pity a loser who's convinced that he's got a shot when he doesn't.
>>
>>28084206

I know exactly whose fault it is, and you can't help me or my life situations. Or anyone else if you keep up the hostile attitude.
>>
>>28084197
I really doubt a person born in a 1st world country giving everything they can is going to fail
except if you define failing as scoring anything that isn't the dream you imposed yourself
"making it" is surprisingly easy
cry less
>>
>>28084009

Its always either that or they tell us we want the wrong things. In every virgin thread they tell us to get a slut and that sluts are basically virgins but better because they've had a lot of sex. Do these people realize how retarded they sound?
>>
>>28084185

While I do agree with you, I think people find too many reasons to dismiss advice, and they do it efficiently and easily. I want to be able to take advice from people I hate. To be able to appreciate the truth of chad's words, even if SMALL. To be able to know what the muscular dude is talking about when he talks about how easy it is to eat healthy and lift.

That said, there are some thoughtful responses in this thread, so not every robot gets discouraged by my cunt attitude.
>>
>>28084263
I am a robot just like you, I just despite victimism
cut the "he's a normie"
in the end I just want to help you and any other robot
>>
>>28084294
Be yourself is the ultimate advice actually
If you were capable of behaving like you willed and not caring about what anyone else thinks, wouldn't you be happy somewhat?
>>
>>28084263

That's some other guy. I am the cunty OP. I think he's kinda proving my point a bit though. Too many people in this website think no advice is good enoguh and that nobody can help them.

We shouldn't want to do that. I think the people who climb the ladder are hungry for advice.
>>
>>28084265
>Apply for scholarship
>only one position
>work your hardest for it
>100s of other people work their hardest for b it
>scholarship goes to some tranny for political reasons
I can give you examples till the end of time you naive little cuck.
>>
>>28084303

I didn't call him a normie, I called the understandably generic advice coupled with hairtrigger attitude easily written off as another random normie trying to get their feel-good points for the day.
>>
File: IMG_1576.jpg (92 KB, 720x606) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1576.jpg
92 KB, 720x606
>>28083352
i'm old and my body doesn't really produce much testosterone so I'm inclined to get tired or depressed, a bunch of negative crap really. Even if my insurance covered something I doubt i'd want to deal with the side effects namely horniness and aggression.

Can't really do much to fix yourself on a chromosomal level there buddy thanks for the Tony Robbins pep talk though. Keep on keepin' on.
>>
>>28084336

I agree with you. And I appreciate how hard it is to be yourself.

It bothers me so much that "be yourself" has become a meme in this board. Robots think people mock them when they say that, when probably they don't. They also bring up problems like facial deformity and things that block them from achieving the nibbana-like state of being yourself, but I have come to doubt that such obstacles are so prevalent in our board.

I think most of us find reasons to be upset and get stuck too easily. I'll think about what you said and consider trying to really shed skin and be myself more. Thanks!
>>
>>28084354
instead of making up scenarios where you fuck up even when you try, why don't you actually try?
then your complaints will sound reasonable
>>
File: 2488931-letter.jpg (453 KB, 3139x2469) Image search: [Google]
2488931-letter.jpg
453 KB, 3139x2469
>>28084222

I've only discovered one realistic way of improving myself, and it's through being around people that I want to be like.

It's a hopeless fantasy to think that I can just sit in my room and self study programming until I get a job, therefore I took steps to ensure that I'm OUT OF MY APARTMENT for most of the day, most days of the week.

One thing I did was to get a wageslave job, just to see if it'd break me. I don't need the money since my parents pay for my living expenses while I rot away in NEETDOM, but I still wanted the CHALLENGE. The wageslave job was FUCKING HARD the first few days. I did everything at once too, I quit my Xanax addiction completely my first day of work. Had nightmares for a week straight and couldn't stop feeling anxiety. Then things got better. I made more friends. Some guy told me about a coding bootcamp and I applied and eventually got in (going there in a few months).

I still browse r9k very frequently because I haven't made it yet and I find that I connect with people better here.

If you'd like to add a guy who embodies all the culture of R9K but is still desperately trying to improve his life, my steam is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044342999/
>>
>>28084404
Be yourself is a powerful advice
It is like redpill in two words
You are never going to satisfy everyone, NEVER
No one is everybody's cup of tea
So why should you change yourself?
>>
>>28084377

I'm OP. Making this thread or trying to debate robots will not make me feel good for the day, unfortunately. That would lead to a simpler life.

I will only feel good when I climb the ladder. Therefore I want us to actually debate on how to climb the ladder and take advice from guys we hate, as hard as that could be
>>
File: IMG_1935.jpg (116 KB, 828x1242) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1935.jpg
116 KB, 828x1242
>>28084404
robloxiconical commentoda
>>
File: 1442930398405.png (223 KB, 356x334) Image search: [Google]
1442930398405.png
223 KB, 356x334
>>28084442

Take this for the future my friend, but try not to overuse it.
>>
>>28084417
Life isn't fair you fucking idiot
>>
>>28084442

That's a pretty good action plan. To surround yourself with other people in order to climb the ladder more efficiently. But I'm kinda disappointed that I can't see a feasible way to climb the ladder in isolation.

>>28084518

Why do I get the strange feeling that you're projecting onto that guy? I feel like that's what you keep telling to yourself. That life isn't fair.
>>
>>28084518
I'm not saying it is
but I'm just saying, trying is the only way
sit down and cry if that's what you want
I want to help you, but I can't warp reality
in order to make it you have to try, that's how it is
>>
>>28084561

This guy is right, and probably less cunty than me, so you should listen to him. He's saying pretty much everything I meant to say in the OP
>>
>>28084560
> I feel like that's what you keep telling to yourself. That life isn't fair.
Because it's not you queen
>>28084561
>Implying i need help
>implying i want your help
>implying you're capable of helping me
>Implying youre probably not worse off than me
How many girls have you kissed, senpai?
>>
>>28084633
What do you want then?
I kissed one girl, and it was recently, yes I'm a robot
but I'm not a bitter robot that wants everybody to fail like me
>>
>>28084633

I am OP. You probably don't want me to reply to you, but I will, because I want us to climb the ladder. This is not to boast about sexperience, but to better demonstrate a point; it's always about trying. Doing the math, I have kissed a total of 11 girls, had sex with three of them, and I'm currently going through a dark phase where I feel like a robot. Feel like I can't continue climbing the ladder.

I used to have that "childish" give it all attitude and as it seems, it worked. But for some reason I gave in to the robot instincts and stopped my normie climb. that's mainly why I want to discuss climbing back up and how we can do it; to be able to feel love again
>>
>>28084694 here
>>28084723
I kissed twice (the same girl), and it fucked me up because I still have no idea where to start from, but now I have those urges inside
any advice?
>>
>>28084694
I want to mostly be alone. I feel more comfortable by myself than with normalfags. I dont trust women. Ive met very lovely women but they have insane amounts of options and are fickle. Ive dabbled in normie life and I'm not a fan.
>>28084723
Do whatever you want but stop assuming everyone wants to go to da club and fuck bitches.
>>
>>28084746

Well, I can tell you what worked for me when I used to be a normie. I never gave my obstacles much thought. I thought I had manboobs despite being skinny, and I thought I wasn't good enough, but for some reaosn the urges to climb just drove me throguh it all. Didn't care. Went for it, failed in one or two occasions, and succeeded in 10 other times.

More in-the-moment action, more youthful attitude. More recklessness. Less worrying, less fear, less robotdom. Less pessimism. You can do it dude. You can climb the ladder, and your demons will try to chase you and get you down, but you can still kick em' and climb it. I know it.
>>
>makes thread about fags blaming others and reject help
>fags blame others and reject post
>>
>>28084818

Im going to tell you something; I had some good times in a club. I hated the idea of it, it seemed like normie central with no "robot enlightment". But you can find reasons to enjoy situations if you try hard enough. Got drunk, forgot about my robot instincts, had a good time.

I would rather club every weekend than be on 4chan one more day.
>>
>>28084818
it's ok that you want to be alone, as long as you don't let it fuck up your professional life
>>
>>28084839

I find the thread went well. Some people disgagreed with me, some others gave me very valuable insights and advice. I believe it is better than another wagecuck / pepe thread.
>>
>>28084877
>implying work isn't another normie popularity contest
>le "networking" meme
>>
>>28084828
Thanks
but I mean idk where to start from when it comes to finding girls
normiebook seens corny
>>
>>28084906

Sometimes I think people don't want to climb. They would rather sit in neetdom and browse 4chan until they die. That fucking terrifies me.
>>
>>28084906
if your job is technical you'll hardly fuck up hard enough to starve
>>
>>28083352
>normalfags come on the board
>hey man, your problems aren't real
>just be yourself
>>
>>28084932
when I was starting to become comfortable and accept my kisslessness normies got me set up lol
>>
>>28084922

What I got I got mainly from IRL friends I made at school. If you go to school; there's a chance you meet people. If you meet people; there's a chance you hang out, etc etc. There's good people out there my man. Go for it. It doesn't have to be school either, just any lesson, singing class, whatever. Although school/college is the best environment to form new contacts. Congrats on your newfound strength to climb the ladder, bro.
>>
>>28084932
> Sometimes I think people don't want to climb
Now you're fucking getting it you stupid faggot. We don't want to be normies. That's the difference between a robot and a failed normalfag (otherwise known as a "cyborg")
>>
>>28084932

I'd prefer to die without vegetating for years, but I'm too much of a scared faggot to an hero.
>>
>>28084978
school is instantly cut off because my reputation there was kinda bad (I had a horrible nickname)
going to college next year, so I guess that's it
>>
>>28084991

I just don't understand how or why anyone would ever choose to remain a robot. It is such a bad idea. It's like intentionally cutting your arm off.

Perhaps I could learn something from trying to understand you. But it's fucking hard trying to understand such a strange position. My instincts tell me everything about your robot truth is false and is to be avoided.
>>
>>28084991
lol if you want to be a robot then it means you're happy as a robot
so if you're happy why come here and wallow in self-pity and victimism?
>>
>>28084391
Are you fat? If you are, losing weight significantly increases testosterone levels, and so does heavy lifting.
>>
>>28085033

Go for it my man. Fuck the fags that give people nicknames. There's good people out there. Bring your best state of mind and body and give it your all, and even if you're hurt, you'll grow and succeed.

I'm going to sleep. thanks for the insight
>>
File: 1438737895299.gif (2 MB, 469x264) Image search: [Google]
1438737895299.gif
2 MB, 469x264
>>28084560
>But I'm kinda disappointed that I can't see a feasible way to climb the ladder in isolation.

Maybe you can climb the ladder by yourself, I don't know you and you haven't given us a sense of who you are. I only spoke of my own experiences to share what worked for ONE individual.

Every person is different, I can't stress this enough. That's why advice is hard to give on anonymous forums; it's not tailored to be specific to any individual thus it's not that helpful.

There's plenty of examples of men who spent years honing their skills in isolation. There's also countless examples of men who needed the help of friends and family to better themselves. Each person has to find their own path in life towards what they WANT.

For example, what does >>28083806 want when they say:
>I would prefer knowing the truth to being unaware

They're telling you that they prefer knowledge over happiness, and at that point there's nothing left to argue. You each want different things therefore it's pointless to argue different methods for achieving different goals. Too often do we make the mistake of believing that others share the same objectives and desires in life.
>>
>>28085102
yeah good night my man I hope you make it
>>
>>28085106

Yep, that's me. I assume everyone would want to be normal, like I do. Let's hope I can develop some empathy and maturity aswell.
>>
>>28085063
Who said anything about happiness you fucking woman.
>>28085062
What's to understand? I don't want friends, I don't want a lover. I dont want to play sports, and i don't want to go clubbing. The fact that you can't wrap your head around that just shows how clueless you are. You're in no position to help those you can't understand.
>>
>>28084446
It is. Too many people see b urself as if its intended to be a silver bullet that allows you to fuck 10/10 qts every other night, make 6 figures and become the ultimate man basically. It clearly is not. The point of b urself is that putting up a fake persona is stressful and counterinituitive. The people you attract would only be attracted to your fake person, which would make it impossible for you to have any long term relationship as once your real self comes out you would drive people away.

By beeing urself you avoid the stress and bullshit of putting up a fake persona and appeasing people and only attract people who are attracted to the actual you.
>>
File: BRICKTEXTURE.jpg (16 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
BRICKTEXTURE.jpg
16 KB, 275x183
>>28085170

well nigga i gotta say i side with the OP on this one. he might be a cunt but he's not wrong.

if you dont' even want friends or any kind of human contact, or even any human activities, then maybe youre the one whos clueless familia
>>
File: coff1n.jpg (6 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
coff1n.jpg
6 KB, 260x194
>>28085170

>I don't want friends, I don't want a lover. I dont want to play sports

got u pham, check this out, it's a coffin. It suits your ass
>>
>>28085259
Im not clueless you faggot. I know what i want. Who the fuck are you to tell me that I'm wrong?
>>
>>28083352
>using the word we seven times
I hate it when people think that using the word we a shit ton changes the message.

And in my opinion, only a retard would ever use and or need advice. Actual help matters, if you can think for yourself.
>>
>>28085301

>You can't tell me i'm wrong
>I can, though, cus im speshul

s m h
>>
>>28085335
>what do you mean your favorite color is blue, its green!
>i know what's best you
Kek. Autist
>>
>>28083352
>There's a vast majority of robots in here that cover their ears and look away when any kind of help is offered.
Would you not ignore a crazy person's ramblings with the knowledge that said ramblings are nonsensical? Help implies you are doing something, you are attempting to make us better, not giving us vague advice with no context.
>we're
>we
No, you are not one of us, do not speak as one of us. You don't belong here
>We enjoy playing the victim and refusing help.
Not all of us enjoy being victims. We play the hand we are dealt. Again, help implies you are actually doing something.
> The first thing we do when we hear any cold truths or advice, is lay down a list of 15 reasons why we can't do it / why normies can't be trusted.
Well there you go. We literally give you reasons and call you out on your bullshit. You never provide actual evidence to back up those "cold truths" and your advice is meaningless. Your advice can be compared to somebody replying to a person who says they have a problem "Well you wouldn't have the problem if you solved the problem, so just solve it. Easy as that" To which the person with the problem asks "How do I solve my problem then?" and you say "By solving the problem, I mean come on it is so simple."
>We either do that or deflect the blame onto something else, but we do hate responsability.
Deflect implies that the blame is being aimed/directed at us in the first place. If we provide something else that the blame actually lies on, then we are literally explaining why it isn't our fault and therefore we should hold accountability/take responsibility. And I mean who doesn't hate responsibility? We just especially hate having to deal with other people's messes. Why should we take responsibility for something that we can't and shouldn't be held accountable for?
>>
>>28083552
>I don't want to do that.
Well we do. Don't tell us what the fuck to do you fucking ginormous megafaggot.
>>
i don't even want to fix myself tbqh. sure this sucks, but i don't feel like putting in any effort to improve
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.