[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Frog and Feel Tavern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 282x179) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 282x179
Evening everyone, sorry for missing last night... That wasn't me who posted this thread! Starting early since I'm going on a date (wewlad), so stop in, share some feels, chat, vent, advise, etc.

In honour of the new Runescape graphics update, tonight's music is this playlist of all the old music. I haven't played for years, but this brings back serious nostalgia!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3YxgBrnorI&list=PLA91AB96E6E5CE5A6
>>
I keep forgetting that if I post this before 10 I'll be all alone in my thread. Anons, if you need support / want to vent to someone who will listen I'm here for another hour or so
>>
getting a taste of the normie life while you still can, i see. hope your date goes well pham
i'll have a straight vodka
>>
>>28081704
Hey, never been here before but I wanted to ask a question. I recently went to a job training program and they gave me forms to sign and one of them was a mental illness form, I checked that I had been depressed and now two weeks later after everyone had started I have to go to one of their psychologists. Now my question is did I fuck up for not lying?
>>
>>28081964
and I'll have a virgin rum and coke
>>
>>28081928
Thanks for stopping in anon, enjoy your drink! I think I'll pour one for myself, gotta calm these nerves...

>>28081964
Just to clarify, have you started working? If not, this sounds like a pretty cool company if they are giving you free access to psychologists. Technically, mental illness is a disability so they can't discriminate against you during the hiring process. If you are no longer depressed, you could explain that during your first meeting.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 250x237
Even r9ks resident bartender is a normie now... Why even bother anymore...
>>
I don't know how I feel about the bartender having a date. /r9k/ just doesn't seem like my kinda place anymore, but then it never was.
>>
>>28082018
It's basically a program that would train me to get IT certifications for free so it sounded pretty good to me but now everyone else that came in with me has already started, and I'm pretty depressed so not sure if I should lie to the psychologist
>>
File: 1454941326634.png (39 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
1454941326634.png
39 KB, 633x973
>>28081704
I'll do a gin an tonic.

How've you been barkeep?
>>
Just fuck my shit up, senpai. Give me the strongest drink you got and I'll drink it like a man.
I'm not sad. I'm a bit mad, yeah. I'm horny as fuck. I almost got laid tonight and I'm so fucking frustrated. Many years of fighting for this and I got so close. I'm proud of my progress, but it's eating me inside. I didn't close the deal and that's why I'll drink until I pass out.
>>
Just some water for me. Here is a $20 note for your trouble. This month has been better than most, Im the closest Ive ever come to having a gf, but my heart wants to be a shut in. Doing things is intimidating and sound hard.
My friends are terrible but theyre all Ive got so I stick with them hoping they dont ditch me.
I have no passion in life except learning science but so many other things detract from me being able to do that.
I just want to feel something that isnt stress. Everything feels like fear or stress even the things that should be good.
If youre not too busy, hows your life been, barkeep?
>>
hey hit me up with some single malt whiskey

so I had a run in with the police today
>drink 3 beers over the course of the night
>drive home
>crack open a strong one
>some guy flashes his brights
>"yeah, yeah I know my left light's broken"
>one slope later.. it's da poleese.
>FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
>"this is a routine control, please park over there"
>hide beer behind me
>they ask license & registration etc, "have you had anything to drink tonight, sir?"
>"yeah, just one light beer"
>okay, have to blow into tester
>test is positive, they smugly banter at me for a bit
>FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUC
>"that's just the initial, inaccurate tester, we'll get the good one now"
>test negative
>"okay be on your way now"
>I think "hahaha fuckers" as I enjoy the rest of my beer on the way home
>>
>>28081964
No, if you lied and then needed time off, you can't get a doctors note or you'll be busted. "Lied on application form" gets you summary execution.

Depends why they want you to see a psychologist, and if they are forcing you with threatening your job (which they can't do). A company is usually obliged to accommodate the disabled "within reason", so maybe they're covering their assess if you try to sue them for discrimination.
>>
>>28081704
I have nothing to look forward to, but I'm too young to feel this. Give me anything to put me out for a few hours.
>>
>>28081964
Tangentially related, but I've always separated my work and home life. I try my best to be normie at work which is really difficult at times. Just have to clench my teeth and make it thru to the next hour. Once I get home, I just break down.
>>
>>28081989
I don't think you fucked up, here's the drink! Reminder i'm just some dude, so don't take my advice too seriously.
>>
>>28082350
yeah I would have normally bullshitted on the form but I don't know what made me tick that depressed box
>>
>>28082020
thanks for stopping in anon. hey now, I'd say aspiring normie, I've got a long path ahead

>>28082078
Thanks for being here anon.

>>28082135
Don't lie, you might actually get some legit help!

>>28082136
G&T for you sir. I'm doing well, thanks for asking! Just finished my last final, glad to be here with my anons

>>28082137
Absinthe for you then, thanks for being here. Damn, congrats on almost making it bro. Will you get another chance with this girl?

>>28082205
Your generosity will be remembered, friend. How is learning science not a passion? That's amazing! I just finished Elon Musk's biography and his whole life is learning science. My life has been good, thanks for asking anon. Just finished my last exam, looking forward to summer

>>28082227
Enjoy, sir, thanks for being here. Congrats on avoiding it, but also the kindest fuck you possible for drinking and driving. I seen too many people die from drunk drivers.

>>28082257
Listen to this guy, he's smart

>>28082295
Purple drank for you then, if you really just want to pass out. Thanks for stopping in.
>>
>>28082506
>Enjoy, sir, thanks for being here. Congrats on avoiding it, but also the kindest fuck you possible for drinking and driving. I seen too many people die from drunk drivers.
Considering I tested negative I can't have been that dangerous. And even drunk I'm a better driver than 90% out there.
>>
>>28081704
I've never been here- actually only rarely dropped in on /r9k/ before now, even. Anyway.

I'm a writer and I struggle to even write short stories because I get so worked up about not being known at all. The only solution I've really discovered on my own is slapping any of the sparse stories I've mocked up in any thread that's related to them, but I always feel dirty self-promoting like that, and even worse for the fact that I have a blog because I don't know where else to begin. I also have slight problems with judgment and criticism, though those were highly alleviated the last time I posted something I wrote.

Got any advice?
>>
>>28082624
Yes, post your stories more and get criticized. Do stuff on /r/writingprompts or /r/shortstories
>>
Just got back from Myrtle Beach. Pretty great vacation desu. Happiest I've been in a while.
>>
>>28082907
Suppose I'll have to check those out. Thanks, barkeep.
>>
>>28082020

Every place on the internet is shit now.
>>
>>28082506
>Will you get another chance with this girl?
I don't really understand girls but I'd say yeah. She was really bummed for not having enough time to fuck me, I mean she did want to and all. She said sorry a bunch of times as she was leaving.
I hope I get to bang her eventually cause she's cute as fuck, I'm just mad as fuck right now.

But anyways, thanks for the absinthe. Just thinking about absinthe made my night better.
>>
>tfw I was drunk as fuck and high on cocaine at the bar last night and still couldn't work up the courage to approach a girl

like holy shit, if I can't do it then what chance do I have when I'm sober?
>>
Hey folks. Pardon me for opening another thread. Didn't scour the catalogue well enough. Shame on me.

I'll just sit around here, then.

Anyway, here's the jukebox.

https://togethertube.com/rooms/7c31722f-98c9-4feb-a50b-3487056ba01e
>>
>>28081704
I typically just lurk on /r9k/ but I got some fucked up feels today. My brother-in-law and 6 yr old niece were killed in a car crash yesterday. My sister is inconsolable, and I am beside myself. My little blonde haired niece is gone. I'll never get her another Christmas gift. I'll never get to watch her feign happiness as she opens a gift from her clearly out of touch uncle. I'll never get a call from my sister in the middle day complaining about how her daughter got into more trouble at school and how her husband loves her too much to discipline the fiery little girl. I just... don't know what to do.

So give me something strong, EverClear strong.
>>
>>28083472
Damn Anon, hang in there.
I'd normally think "heh, normies btfo" but you seem in a lot of pain and confusion. I hope you're stronger than the pain and can pull through, for the sake of those you lost and yourself as well.
>>
>>28083472
Man, that's terribly shitty. I've never had a relative die in an instant like that- only slowly and inevitably, in the hospital. I'm not sure which is worse.

Just try not to go Watch_Dogs on your family, alright?
>>
>>28083599
The Watch_Dogs joke actually made me chuckle, just the thought of how bad it was. Thank you for that.
>>
>>28081704

Some feels. Also, I'll have whatever Lager's on tap.

Been taking antidepressants for 3 weeks now.

First week: Emotionally numb, felt unbearably coldblooded and edgy.
Second week: Things are getting better. Feel confident in myself. My country's still fucked but w/e.
Third week: Things are swell, going full extroverted autism mode.
Yesterday: Tired as fuck, let the blinds down, crawl into my hole and meditate.
Now: Not feeling exactly happy, but intangible.

No idea.
>>
thinking of taking up smoking to relieve stress because i'm probably going to kill myself in a few years anyway so i couldn't care less about getting cancer.
i'll have another vodka, if you're still here
>>
I recorded myself talking to my laptop camera for 5 minutes and forced myself to watch it. 2/3 of the time was me making strained facial expressions while I tried to think of something to say next. I didn't hate my voice as much as I thought I would, though.

I'm wondering if I keep doing this every day and force myself to come up with things to say, will it give me the ability to have actual conversations with people?

I'll start with a rum and coke.
>>
File: namjack.jpg (407 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
namjack.jpg
407 KB, 746x982
>>28081704
Today was ok till now, proctored an exam, read a book, shitposted and then took a nap. But some people I hang out with said they were going to have fun out tonight and I volunteered to be the DD since I don't drink. This was Monday and now I'm sure they're out without me cause I haven't received word from anyone of them. I should've known better than to get my hopes up, they all text and have in jokes with each other and I'm always left out.
>>
>>28084050

Some tips for bettering your voice: Don't speak from your throat but project your voice into the front of your mouth.

Use your Diaphragm to its full extent, as a resonating body and for volume control.

This will make your voice sound more natural and less forced with time.
>>
gimmie a jack and coke, extra strong.
I feel sad tonight, yet I have no reason to be sad at all.
>>
>>28084184

Since the other Barkeep seems to be busy at the moment, I'll process your order.

6 cl Jack, filled up with Coke.

>>28084091

Sounds like you can use a fixer upper. Here's a Augustiner Lager.

>>28084050

And you get a rum and Coke to get them vocal chords oiled.

>>28083942

Vodka, straight, cold. Nemiroff from Russia is a good friend in need.
>>
>>28084145
Good advice. I actually don't have a bad voice; I've always had people telling me I should be on the radio.

What's really hard for me is just translating my thoughts and feelings into spoken words. I'm very emotional and have opinions on just about everything, but I just can't make small talk with people or keep conversations going. Maybe talking to myself is the only way to practice.

The other thing is that I just want to start keeping a video diary. My mom and dad died when I was pretty young and I have nothing to remember them with, except for a few pictures and stories. I know very little about what they were really like, or what their lives were like before I was born. I was so young when my dad died that I'll never know what his voice sounded like.

It's pretty lulzy to assume I'll ever have kids at this point (30 years old and lurking on /r9k/), but it's something I've been thinking about a lot.
>>
I know this isn't as bad as some people that usually post in this thread, but I have to get this off my chest.

My fiance has one of her friends over and they keep saying "ugh, I just hate talking to people" "ugh I'm so anti-social" "I hate people" "I don't do anything. EVER!"

This shit is so enraging, especially because they're both quite social. Always. God. Females are such shitty people.
>>
>>28085173
>My fiance has one of her friends over and they keep saying "ugh, I just hate talking to people" "ugh I'm so anti-social" "I hate people" "I don't do anything. EVER!"
>This shit is so enraging, especially because they're both quite social. Always. God. Females are such shitty people.

>FIANCE

Just dont post stuff like this, you are acting just like them now.

>ugh they dont know how antisocial i am despite having a fiance and probably a job

fuck off
>>
>going on a date
>Runescape

fuck you bartender

>brings in a case of PBR from home and sits in the bar not buying any drinks and definitely not tipping the faggot bartender
>>
Realized that not-quite oneitis isn't interested in me.

After a string of failures, I think I'm done. I can't juggle life and romance. I'm so far behind the curve romantically, I don't think I'll ever overcome it.

I regret that it ended before it could begin.

Get me a Hurricane.
>>
>>28081704
One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer over here friendo. I hope your date goes well. Knowing you, you'll knock it out of the park.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.