[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: UCoW5io.jpg (57 KB, 648x595) Image search: [Google]
UCoW5io.jpg
57 KB, 648x595
Ok robots i want help, how do i go back to school? I am 19 and i technically i finished high school. But really i only have an 8th grade education. I want a higher education but i don't know where to begin. Do i even deserve one, i feel like such a failed, fraudulent, lazy person. Where do i even go can i just go take my GED then apply to collage even though i already have a diploma.

>wat do.
>>
>>28081257
Start taking remedial classes at a community college, then work your way to regular college classes, and transfer to a state university.
>>
>>28081257
whats the point? you will learn more from a night on wikipedia, and its free too.
>>
>>28081257
>technically i finished high school

> i only have an 8th grade education

How did you fuck up? I'm curious what you did with all that time and free education.
>>
Why would you need a GED if you have a diploma?

If you really want you'd probably just have to take some placement tests at a local CC and figure out how to sign up for a few classes. Even just taking 1 or 2 classes is a good start to get a feel for things
>>
File: 1R1V12F.jpg (79 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1R1V12F.jpg
79 KB, 645x773
>>28081368
During the start of the 8th grade i was jumped by niggers in the school. Nothing was done about it even though the staff knew of it. After that i grew too distrustful of the school and scared so i got bad anxiety in the school. I was home schooled from grade 8th on, me being the lazy degenerate didn't even study but my parents forged papers. I've never told anyone this i just wanted to scream it in the wind, i couldn't take it any more its been eating me inside for 2 years.
>>
>>28081461

Ok; it sucks that you missed out on a free basic education, but with some effort, you should be able to recover from the damage that was done to you.

The first step is remedial. I would suggest working through the basic levels of https://www.khanacademy.org/ before you spend money at a community college.

Also look for OpenCourseWare classes from different schools; they might have the basics you are missing available for free.

Once you get some of the basics down, go to a community college, and take a test to see into which class you would place. Work your way through the remedial classes, until you reach ones that give you actual college credit.

When you have enough credits to be a Junior, and a decent GPA, apply for a transfer to a state school. This will take a few years, but they like older non-traditional students because of diversity requirements.

It will delay your for a couple of years behind your peers, but you can still catch up.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.