[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>therapist tells me it will get better >we can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: ScRR6.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ScRR6.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>therapist tells me it will get better

>we can't brainstorm up any realistic scenarios where it will get better
>>
>trump is elected president
>>
File: 1447787849056.png (47 KB, 448x360) Image search: [Google]
1447787849056.png
47 KB, 448x360
>having a therapist

Casual, pff.
>>
Do you have chronic depression or are you going through a depressive episode?

If it's the former I have no idea why she'd say that. Unless she's trying to get you on medication, and it's POSSIBLE that will help.
>>
>>28080417
Sometimes you are forced.
>>
File: squidwardhavinalaff.gif (103 KB, 275x206) Image search: [Google]
squidwardhavinalaff.gif
103 KB, 275x206
>>28080362
>we can't brainstorm up any realistic scenarios where it will get better

i know exactly what you are talking about
>>
>>28080433
How long does an episode last before it becomes chronic? I've felt this way for like seven months.
>>
My therapist is basically just a glorified entertainer.
Still enjoy seeing him rather then not seeing him. I'll miss him when I move.
>>
>made my therapist cry

woops.
>>
>>28080658

greentext time bitch
>>
>>28080658
When I was in like 3rd grade I made my teacher cry because she called me out in front of the whole class for like doing all of my work in the first half hour of school and just reading all day. She was a nice old lady and I still feel bad about it. I was just a little kid though and didn't want to be fucked with.
>>
File: 1423517429914.png (120 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1423517429914.png
120 KB, 500x500
>>28080658
>one of my long term goals desu
>>
>>28080593
>A Current Look at Chronic Depression. A chronic form of depression, dysthymia is characterized by depressed mood on most days for at least two years. On some days individuals may feel relatively fine or even have moments of joy. But the good mood usually lasts no longer than a few weeks to a few months.
>>
>>28080658
Is your therapist male or female?
>>
>don't want to go to a therapist because don't want to open with anyone
I will rot inside my house
>>
File: eatingdisorder.jpg (46 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eatingdisorder.jpg
46 KB, 1280x720
it's simple

you fuck your therapist
>>
>>28080362
Therapists are glorified snake oil salesmen, and this is coming from someone who's seen several.

Their entire profession is listening to you, after which they offer vague, unhelpful advice. If you do happen to get better, it will not be a result of seeing the therapist.

It's a scam. They benefit from your misery, and by not helping you, they prolong the amount of time and money spent on them.
>>
>>28080406
this is the answer friendo
>>
>>28080743
So let me get this straight. You finished all your work, your teacher called you out for it and then she started crying? That makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>28080858
Well you're supposed to spend the whole day doing the work and you're supposed to do it in groups.
I got away for a few weeks just doing all of my busy work by myself at the beginning of class and being left alone.
When she called me out I started yelling insults at her in front of the class. She was a nice old lady who I think just wanted to baby sit some little kids every day and had never had one yell at her like that.
>>
>>28080362
>talking to my therapist about my intrusive thoughts
>first thing he says is that there's nothing to be ashamed of, I don't have to feel disgusted or sickened with myself
>gee thanks doc I sure will now

>>28080658
I've known this feel with several different therapists. It's not a good feel.
>>
File: BvI5gi1IUAALAps.jpg large.jpg (33 KB, 552x364) Image search: [Google]
BvI5gi1IUAALAps.jpg large.jpg
33 KB, 552x364
>Go to university-provided counseling run by grad and phd students
>Tfw last therapy session is tomorrow
>Never going to see therapist again because she'll be graduating and moving somewhere else

For a minute there, I almost felt like I had made a friend.
>>
It'll get better OP. I'm gonna bump your thread.
>>
>>28082723
It most likely won't get better if we're being realistic.
>>
>>28082840
>being realistic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXUFfoI9Rhc
Fight for your dreams friend. Show me something impossible.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.