[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we fire into Uranus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: uranus.jpg (71 KB, 970x1000) Image search: [Google]
uranus.jpg
71 KB, 970x1000
Should we build a rocket and fly it into Uranus to detonate it's load deep inside the crushing hot gasses of it's interior?

Explain your reasoning pro or against.
>>
we shuold do it to kill the aliens
>>
>>28079825
That is a cool idea. I am for it to see what happens
>>
>>28079825
You wouldn't detonate a thing. Combustion requires oxygen of some kind and Uranus has very little relative to other gases.
>>
>>28079869
How do they know that?
>>
File: mikuru holds you in contempt.jpg (213 KB, 503x503) Image search: [Google]
mikuru holds you in contempt.jpg
213 KB, 503x503
b-but I poop from there!
>>
>>28079869
Nuclear detonation requires no combustion.
>>
Your anus did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Fuckyeah2.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Fuckyeah2.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>>28079878
Not right now you don't!
I'm making an original comment btw.
>>
>>28079876
spectroscopy.

>>28079825
you would need a nuke because there is no oxygen in uranus. if you wanted to detonate it deep within the core you would also need a stronger bomb than we can currently produce to withstand the pressure.

assuming you could do this, why? nothing will happen.
>>
>>28079876
Not an expert but I think its spectroscopy.
>>
>>28079892
Uranus has far too little mass to sustain nuclear fusion. You could send as many nukes as you could find here on Earth to Uranus and it wouldn't do a thing.
>>
>>28079892
true but then your just setting off a small nuke on Uranus, nothing will change about the composition of the planets gasses so you wouldn't be able to use that as a way to "set the planet ablaze"
>>
>>28079825
HAHAHAHAHA DUDE URANUS LMAO
>>
>>28079956
>>28079968
>set the planet ablaze
Is that the goal? I thought we were just detonating nuclear warheads inside of Uranus for fun desu senpai
>>
>>28079992
>I thought we were just detonating nuclear warheads inside of Uranus for fun
where is the fun? literally nothing would happen. you wouldn't even see the detonation even if you were where voyager was when it took OP's pic.
>>
>>28079925
nitrocellulose is self-oxidizing, retard
>>
>>28080035
>let's send a fuckton of a highly unstable compound in a rocket 1.7 billion miles through space
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.