[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>aviation mechanic servicing commercial jets >plane arrives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1411768393824.jpg (30 KB, 316x321) Image search: [Google]
1411768393824.jpg
30 KB, 316x321
>aviation mechanic servicing commercial jets
>plane arrives in hanger
>owner tells company it has 24 hours to strip, inspect and refit aircraft
>no possible was to complete for a commercial jet in that amount of time
>current no sleep record is well over 76 hours while constantly working
>company literally has hired drivers to take us home, get us into bed and keep an eye on us when we pass out from exhaustion
>company constantly arguing with airlines to extend maintenance period so workers can get some rest
>airlines get to decide how long the plane stays in maintenance when it's already being stripped
>if the plan has an accident we would most likely get the blame
>get a bonus for each aircraft that you spend over 72 hours on
>getting stupid amounts of pay but can't spend it on anything because I basically live inside a hanger
>only 23 but I feel like I'll be dead before 30
>still find the job satisfying as fuck
What's wrong with me? I should quit while I'm still alive but this shit is like a drug.
>>
Sounds like pretty advanced level wagecucking
>>
U N I O N T E A M S T E R

N

I

O

N

T

E

A

M

S

T

E

R E T S M A E T
>>
>>28078320
I had a buddy who worked on American Airlines planes down in Florida, he said the night shift was all illegal immigrants and that after working there for a few years he would never, ever fly on an airliner.
>>
>>28078401
kek. anything to blame those "filthy spics" am i rite trumpbro
>>
>>28078320

How much do you make a year OP?
>>
>>28078401
You don't know anything about aviation
>>
>>28078320
Leisure after this kind of work is supreme. I worked physical labor all through high school and college and now just sit at a desk all day. When I was working physical labor jobs I would end my shift dog tired and my time off felt great. Now that I work in a cube my body doesn't get to know the difference between work and leisure because work essentially is leisure.

I don't even understand how the people I work with complain about having a "rough day". We sit around on computers all day. There's nothing rough about that.
>>
What is 'stupid amounts of pay' dollars worth?
>>
>>28078320
you're living the life I'm about to step into, only in another form of servicing (industrial turn arounds and shit) I'm scared, but I know its the only way I'll make enough money to properly invest and retire before my kidneys fail. I hope I am lucky in my endeavors, and can withstand it as well as you.
>>
>>28078486
You're correct, I do not. However I made no claim of any knowledge, I merely shared that a friend of mine also worked in the field until he got fired for coming to work high. And his knowledge of there being a bunch of Cubans working on the planes.
>>
File: united.jpg (231 KB, 1000x620) Image search: [Google]
united.jpg
231 KB, 1000x620
>>28078320
because air planes make you high
>>
>>28078605
Why are A&P mechanics always such scumbags?
>>
>>28078437
50k euros a year and about 2/3 that in bonuses.
It's all useless though because weekends are just times when you ready yourself for the next week of sleepless work.
>>28078401
At least they have shifts, I'd feel a lot safer flying on an airline that does its own period maintenance.When some aircraft mechanic fucks up and causes an accident, 9 times out of ten it's linked to sleep deprivation.
>>
File: 1461191305715.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1461191305715.gif
897 KB, 800x430
>>28078657
fuck man that one got me
>>
>>28078693
Seriously just find yourself another job. You have only one life and there's no point in spending it on a "life" like that.
>>
>>28078401
I don't believe that any illegals would be certified to work on commercial aircraft.
>>
File: rip.jpg (38 KB, 1059x164) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
38 KB, 1059x164
>>28078693
you must be saving a ton though right? What kind of experience did you need to get a job like that?
>>
>>28078773
A 4 year apprenticeship with British airways.
The strange thing is that if asked, none of us would consider ourselves stressed. It's just like everyone is a robot who know exactly what to do because they've done it a thousand times. You don't feel the pressure, you just don't sleep.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.