[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do these really work or are they just a meme? I'm tired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 81c7fdtM22L._SY679_[1].jpg (47 KB, 479x679) Image search: [Google]
81c7fdtM22L._SY679_[1].jpg
47 KB, 479x679
Do these really work or are they just a meme?

I'm tired of being bald at the top and wanna have more hair. At the very least so I can have some black. Even when completely shaven I still have black all around except the top.

I keep hearing about these DHT blocker pills. Anyone have any success with them?
>>
>>28077411
As far as hair loss goes there are only a few things that actually work:

Finasteride (aka Propecia), Dutasteride (aka Avodart) and Minoxidil (aka Rogaine).

All these "natural" remedies are snake oils aimed at taking money from desperate balding men.
>>
>>28077411

rub your semen on your head, it'll aid in hair growth as its a natural chemoplacebo method of regaining hair.

Or you could not listen to cunts on the internet and go to a doctor.
>>
>>28077466

Yeah, I'm not gonna get into those. I hate the idea of having to keep paying them if I wanna keep my hair. Fuck that.

>>28077511

Wouldnt a doctor just recommend that rogaine shit too?
>>
man, just buzz it.
>>
>>28078281

I did man.

But my hair still looks black from all sides except the top. It still looks like shit to me.

I got great hair except for the top. Fucking male pattern baldness.
>>
>>28077411
Once follicles die, they're dead forever. DHT blockers and circulation boosters like Rogaine can keep the follicles you have from dying, but they can't bring the dead ones back. You'll need a follicle transplant for that.
>>
>>28077466
Doesn't Finasteride cause impotence and possibly prostate cancer?
>>
>>28077411
It they worked do you think we'd still have bald actors and world leaders? Fuck's sake, prince William is quickly going JUST mode.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 843x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 843x638
gonna get on finasteride myself as my hair is about to get to the point where the hair loss is obvious even to people who arent balding themselves. i feel as though the only people that might be noticing my hair are also people balding themselves because i didnt notice any other guys hairlines and thickness until i started balding myself.

unfortunately im 18 and live with my parents and dont wanna have them know im getting on fin so im in a predicament. i would have to make a doctors appointment on my own and pretty much have to pay without insurance if i dont want that showing up on their insurance plan or whatever. the only other option is ordering it from alldaychemist or inhousepharmacy but, again, i live with my parents so i cant have it delivered here and my parents never go on vacations or anything. the only thing i have thought about is renting a po box and having it sent there but im not sure it is legal to have medication sent to a po box. also read something about holding an order at the ups or wherever and going to pick it up. there really should be a simple way to order something and get it without having to have it delivered to your house. what if you are on vacation or are homeless. someone, maybe me, needs to start a company that has items delivered to a warehouse for people so they can pick them up when they want. but maybe there is a simple solution to this problem that im just not aware of.
>>
>>28078646
pretty sure finasteride was actually initially used for treating prostate cancer but they discovered it stopped hair loss and grew a little hair back. so i dont think it causes prostate cancer, if anything it prevents it. however sometimes it can kill your sex drive, but ive heard thats very overblown and it only occurs in like 1-2% of men. a lot of it is placebo effect and one shitty study showing how many guys had side effects by using a sample of people that came from some forum that was literally a finasteride side effects support group or something.
>>
>>28078631

What if I have frail, peach fuzz hair? It looks like I'm completely bald but I actually just have really thin and short hair. So not completely dead, I think.
>>
>>28078631

How long does it take for hair follicles to die from MPB? I've shed a decent amount of hair over the past two and a half years, but my dermatologist says that all the follicles are still alive and that I can get it all back.
>>
>>28080705
They're dying, RIP. You can keep them from getting worse, but they won't go back to what they used to be.

>>28080730
Mine told me similar things too.
>>
>>28081220
>You can keep them from getting worse, but they won't go back to what they used to be.

It's literally been like this for like 9 years now. Actually, it used to be worse for some reason.

So I need to do something before it gets worse, then.
>>
Have a gander at Saw Palmetto
>>
>>28081464
She also told me that they sometimes just stop dying after a certain level, so that's probably what happened to you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.