[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are you guys all such self-defeating assholes? I mean I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: Lakeside_SunRise_1920x1080.jpg (905 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lakeside_SunRise_1920x1080.jpg
905 KB, 1920x1080
Why are you guys all such self-defeating assholes?

I mean I get it. Really I do, life sucks, getting girls to like you is hard but it seems like you're not even trying anything or reaching out for support or help. Instead you just rot here and bathe in your own fucking loneliness. You just dismiss any attempts at encouragement or any solution.

Give yourself a break mang, kill yourself or do a thing. Get away from everything or from nothing. I'm a sadboi too but yall need to understand that theres more to life than being sad.
>>
>>28077222

hate to be an edgelord but you obviously don't understand depression
>>
I honestly agree and have literally no sympathy for the people on this board

I liked /r9k/ better when it had more genuine weirdos instead of this new crowd of failed normies
>>
>>28077255
I said earlier that I do, but I'm not gonna write a huge fucking text about all of it, and also, most people here aren't suffering from depression, their just bored and sad and lazy
>>
File: 1371015951598.png (54 KB, 316x300) Image search: [Google]
1371015951598.png
54 KB, 316x300
>>28077222
Eugh, more banal normie-tier platitudes. Vague to the point of having no substance at all.
>>
File: 1435792450762.gif (184 KB, 500x733) Image search: [Google]
1435792450762.gif
184 KB, 500x733
>/r9k/ is one person
I've got no desire to do anything, I just wish society didn't make so many demands on me to "do something with your life"

being content is being able to shitpost on /r9k/ forever with no responsibility, but real life isn't like that and it makes me sad
>>
I've been on dozens of medications and therapy to fix my mental issues and none work. Why would I try to be optimistic when everything is stacked against me so greatly?

It's like telling a 20yo terminal cancer patient to cheer up and get better. It's not possible.
>>
>>28077409
Well desu I don't believe I am a normie, I'm just at work and I'm actually taking the time to write this

Not everyone who isn't a robot is a normie anon
>>
>>28077222
There is no meaning to what you are saying, just words. Same recycled shit I've heard a thousand times. You think you are helping but you just don't understand the perspective of someone that lives with depression and self hatred. You don't understand it so of course for you it seems petty and something that can be phased out pretty easily. That is not the case, and obviously you will never understand why.
>>
it's a little hard to snap out of it when just being conscious is a laborious task in its self.

its sorta hard to smile and give a shit when you feel nothing homie
>>
>>28077222
>theres more to life than being sad

Is there? Like? Like what for example? Every single time I confront self-deluded fucks like yourself on this argument I never get an answer that makes sense. The truth is that you have no idea what more there is. We thoughtlessly let our days pass by because of survival instinct alone, telling ourselves we need to stay alive but never understanding the clear reason behind this need. By a purely logical and rational standpoint life isn't worth living solely for the fact that there is more suffering in it than happiness (happiness not as a state of euphoria but as a state of well being), except for a very very tiny percentage of the population with a set of genetics and life circumstances good enough for the time spent in a feeling of well being to surpass the time spent in bad feelings.
Life exists for the sole purpose of replicating itself. Happiness isn't a requirement for life replication to happen in mentally advanced life forms, hell, if anything it is detrimental to it.

You're just a pile of flesh and organs whose only purpose is replication. There's no sense or meaning to life other than the ones we make up ourselves, so deeply deluded by morals and social norms to believe that they make any sense.

Life and nature do not give a shit about your feelings.
>>
I don't feel sad so much as I feel empty. I don't know how to stop feeling empty. I can't tell myself "Okay, now you're not a nihilist anymore and you care about stuff for some reason".
>>
>>28077625
I know what you mean, then again I'm quite psychopathic which brings a lot of irony to the purpose of this thread

>>28077643
TLDR but you see just by reading the first two lines this is exactly what I meant by you dismiss attempts to help

>>28077534
No its not, I've just learned to deal with all of it, bury it below, act like a normie when I in fact feel either jack shit or sad, deal with my girlfriend that I dont love, the point of this thread is to say that it is possible
>>
>>28077842
Ha, so you manage maintain a facade of a life with nothing beneath it. Real fucking appealing.
>>
>>28077439

>go to college! you don't dont to be a loser do you?
>graduate
>you need a job! how did you expect to get a job with that degree?
>get a job
>no, you need a REAL job not just one that will pay the bills
>get a real job
>met any girls lately anon? I do want grandkids someday!

It never ends.
>>
>>28077912
Better than being ouright sad and to have no friends or girlfriend imo
>>
>>28077945
It's still just emptiness. I'd rather destroy myself alone and leave as little fallout as I possibly can.
>>
Reach out to who? What help? Nobody cares plus even if they did they have their own shit
>>
File: fosters-beer.jpg (76 KB, 600x380) Image search: [Google]
fosters-beer.jpg
76 KB, 600x380
>>28077222
>kill yourself
>Not kill others

How very submissive of you.

The only way a man should ever commit suicide is by police assault after a heinous murder spree.
>>
>>28077960
But there's no fallout anon, people don't know how you really are, thats the point. And again you dismiss attempts to help, try it anon, fucking try it for fucks sake, its better
>>
>>28077960
That is pathetic, I wish I could kill you myself.
>>
>kill yourself or do a thing
you're better than most of the normie shitters who post similar threads, i'll give you that
that's exactly my plan btw, i'm going to kill myself after i move out of my parents' house so i don't fuck my family up too much
i'm pretty sure most people here are similar to me in that they'll kill themselves eventually but can't do it right now for various reasons. i doubt there are many robots who live past 40
>>
>>28078021

That's just it though. No one gives a shit about your problems unless they have something to gain from it. Trying to get your friends to be your therapist is the quickest way to get them to leave you. And going to an actual therapist is completely hit or miss, and even if you get a good one they're expensive as shit.
>>
>>28078006
Hey don't go assuming shit I'm pro shootouts faggot geez
>>
Speak for yourself.

I'm actually very content with my life right now. Maybe I wish I could have done more in my younger years but right now it's pretty sweet.

Could be worse.
>>
>>28078098
It's still better than not trying anon holy shit you are the embodiment of self defeat, you can do the thing so do it
>>
>>28078069
please do
originaldlufzlhfLhd
>>
>>28078151
>do the thing

DO WHAT?

I'm so tired of this. My two therapists said the same thing. They say "go out and just do something since it's better than doing nothing". My problem is I don't want to do anything, and even when I do something it gives me no pleasure and I receive no satisfaction from anything. The only difference doing something makes is that I'm out $20-$50 and I get to tick something of the "try this to fix depression list" that every therapist seems to think works for some reason.

If you can only give blanket statements and vague platitudes don't fucking give advice.
>>
>>28078247
I meant act like your a normie and make friend etc. faggot, its quite fun
>>
File: just-b-urself.png (119 KB, 700x395) Image search: [Google]
just-b-urself.png
119 KB, 700x395
@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST-B-URSELF !!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@
>>
>>28078295
some people don't like to lie anon
>>
>>28078295

If I could do that successfully I wouldn't be here.
>>
>>28077222
>goes to a board filled with depressed individuals
>calls them lazy because they don't have the will to live
>thinks the lack of a will to live can be resolved with pep talks on the internet

>I understand cause I'm a "sadboi"

No, you don't.
>>
File: 1321922456348.jpg (14 KB, 300x399) Image search: [Google]
1321922456348.jpg
14 KB, 300x399
>>28077222
>just do x
>just be x
>lol like srs tho
I forget everything is like flipping a switch for normalfags.
>>
Really yall need to just stop being lil little puss bitches and meet people, if you find no satisfaction doing anything, youre wasting your life as it is, better to die knowing you did something rather than having the misery knowing you never tried
>>
>>28078458
>Really yall need to just stop being lil little puss bitches and meet people

My entire life I have met people whether it be school, jobs, anywhere. All the people I have met have obviously hated me, given the fat that I've never had friends or a girlfriend.

So exactly what point is meeting people going to have?
>>
What thing should I do OP? Oh right, you are just going to list a bunch of generic activities that may interest me because you don't know anything about me. Why are you trying to give broad advice to a bunch of people? Everyone has there own unique situation they are in and your advice to "Just do something bro" is useless, nobody is that generic where that is all they need to hear to improve themselves.
>>
>>28078458
How to meet people also nobody likes me
>>
>>28078372
>>28078333
I learned to do that you assholes, if it were an instinct I would just be an average normie scared of 4chan, its something you have to practice and master, as stupid as it sounds
>>
>le meet people meme

People fucking suck. The better thing to do is tell robots to throw their pain and misery into art like painting, writing, rapping or some shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-25-15-39-06.png (360 KB, 1080x1841) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-25-15-39-06.png
360 KB, 1080x1841
It's pretty hard to find motivation to improve anything if you're constantly surrounded by almost exclusively negative stimuli. I have pretty much nothing and nobody in my life. No social life, no real chance of finding a girl interested in me, no real talents or skills, I fucked my education up really hard.

I do have a good family and yes, food and shelter but that's about it. I hate myself for being a disappointment to them but I can't bring myself to change anything.

I have avoidant personality, I'm a huge procrastinator (somewhat related to the former) and just generally short tempered and lazy.

It's even worse because I really want to accomplish stuff but failing to even start just makes me hate myself more and therefore causes me to sink further down. And rarely when I do start I usually get really discouraged when the first obstacles and problems start occurring.

If you've been in this "cycle" for years, it's very difficult to "lol just snap out of it'. Lot of people here are very smug about "lol getting a gf won't fix your problems" but I see it as pretty much my only chance of unfucking myself. Since that would provide the psychological support etc. that I crave for.

Sorry if this ended up cringeworthy or whatever.
>>
>>28078663
Then fuck off then if your "saved" instead of spouting your passive aggressive posts with shit solutions. Oh but you're here to laugh at everyone less fortunate than you, aren't you? You're so edgy! Literally fucking die in a fire faggot.
>>
>>28078929
I'm not doing any of that, I'm just trying to help, help from someone who understands instead from some shit psychologist
>>
>>28077222
>kill yourself or do something
>get away from everything or nothing

There's a saying, "don't give advice if you're retarded", that applies here
>>
>>28077222
I second this in every possible way. Fuck you sad sacks
>>
>>28079005
I don't understand what you get from further abusing already suffering individuals.
>>
>>28077222
>kill yourself
either be edgy or give actual advice don't tell people to kill themselves and pretend it's productive
>>
>>28077222
They will dismiss all of this as "normie garbage" because they literally cannot see past their own bullshit and despair event horizons. It's sad, and I feel for them, but hitching and moaning definitely doesn't help. If it really is that bad, just end it. We rant here to keep people alive, and the cycle of sad fucks jerking off each other's depression-boners is a vicious cycle.
>>
>>28077643
So kill yourself and stop the bullshit
>>
File: 1447275398456.jpg (568 KB, 800x1915) Image search: [Google]
1447275398456.jpg
568 KB, 800x1915
>>28077222
Women are the vaginal Jew, though. Once /r9k/ accepts this, they will finally stop pining over them and realize that they are lucky to have not fallen for the marriage or relationship Jew.
>>
>>28077465
I don't think you know what a normie is.
>>
>>28079067
You're right, that post came off as way too harsh. Sincerest apologies, desu
>>
File: 1442278953920.png (13 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1442278953920.png
13 KB, 426x364
>>28079325
No worries tbqh senpai.
>>
As someone who is friendless and a permavirgin at 24, It's hard to feel any encouragement or hope in your situation when it's been the same your entire life.

Everywhere I've gone I've been rejected. High school, college, jobs, etc. Because I've been rejected and never even had friends, I've never felt a reason to ever even ask girls out. And now I'm at the point where if I do get a girlfriend, or even friends, I literally will not know what to do with them, or how to act with them, or how to do anything sexual, and it will surely end in me getting rejected even more.
>>
>>28079376
I know it doesn't really change anything for you but - there's other people like you and we know what it feels like. Godspeed regardless, I hope you'll get better because you don't deserve to live like this. (and still yes, I know it doesn't really change anything for you)
>>
>>28077222
That was a nice game, I wish life was more like it.
>>
File: 1461446316994.gif (919 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1461446316994.gif
919 KB, 360x360
Ah good, the weekly "my advice is the true cure to your sadness and is so different from all the other bullshit you've ever been told" thread.

I was nearly worried I would miss it.
>>
>>28077222
>Not trying anything or reaching out for support or help.
Gee, maybe after trying numerous times and failing everytime has discouraged me from trying. If the dice being used for gambling always give double sixes it's pretty safe to assume the dice are loaded, only a fool would continue to gamble against somebody using loaded dice. And who exactly are people supposed to reach out to when they're families hate them or you can't bear to look at the disappointment in you family members' eyes? Who are these people supposed to reach out to when they can't even make friends? There might be more to life than being sad, but only some people have the tools to experience life to it's fullest. Don't tell us to keep trying or that there's hope or that we should stop moping. For some of us this is all we know and we are satisfied, ableit unhappy. You may think you are doing something good by trying to motivate us to change, but you are just irritating us and tresspassing/invading on our turf/territory. Leave, or shut up.
>Do a thing
Brilliant advice. If only it had occurred to me that my problem could be fixed with a solution. Heh, you may want to patent/trademark/reserve rights/copyright that brilliant idea. Maybe I'll steal it for myself if you're not quick enough. :^)
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.