[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it illegal to tell people to kill themselves? Tumblr SJW's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1438264793281.jpg (61 KB, 614x612) Image search: [Google]
1438264793281.jpg
61 KB, 614x612
Why is it illegal to tell people to kill themselves? Tumblr SJW's consider it a threat and report you to the police if you do it but how is it a threat? You are just merely suggesting that someone should end their own life because they're a dumbass.
>>
Even if the person should do it, there is no getting around the maliciousness of telling someone to end their life.
Or the irony really from an anime poster telling someone to an hero
>>
>>28075351
Ah. Found the SJW.
>>
>>28075289
Those are some nice fucking anime tits
>>
File: myman.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
myman.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>28075351
>>28075289
Why isn't Viper in prison then?
>>
>>28075605
Because those cowards don't even smoke crack
>>
>>28075289
Prosecutors have a responsibility to prosecute what they can, and defendants are supposed to check them. In cases where people die and there is a text on their phone telling them to kill themselves, there are lines of argument prosecutors can use. For example, it's illegal to order or pay somebody to kill a person, so telling an individual to murder themselves, in a situation where they are likely to do so, can be construed as manslaughter.

I agree that it shouldn't be illegal, though. Ultimately your suicide is probably your choice, and while somebody can contribute a lot to the factors that cause it, you pull the trigger. Fairly normal behavior can lead to another person potentially committing suicide, such as breaking up with somebody when you lose interest in them, and it's absurd to litigate all of it.
>>
>>28075551
Virgin.

Oregano.
>>
>>28075803
In actually common law there's also the "thin skull principle" which applies. That is, an attacker takes the victim as they are with all their weaknesses. The attacker is accountable for any damages however abnormal caused as a result.

If you stumble into an online ultra pussy snowflake that can't take one ounce of criticism and cause them to actually an hero with a single line, you can't legally use the defense that 'other' people or 'normal' people wouldn't have ended up that way. No different then if you physically beat up a hemophiliac cancer patient. You're stuck with the full consequences.
>>
>>28075985
This is oppression. Why is this allowed?
>>
>>28075985
Do you know of any cases where people have gotten harsh sentences from telling somebody to commit suicide?
>>
File: BigVenus.png (358 KB, 638x472) Image search: [Google]
BigVenus.png
358 KB, 638x472
>>28075803
>>28075985
>words are equivalent to hiring an assassin or beating a cripple
Where's the reset button for society
>>
>>28076129
Where's the kill switch for society?
>>
File: 1450576319860.jpg (43 KB, 625x643) Image search: [Google]
1450576319860.jpg
43 KB, 625x643
>>28075834
>using virgin as an insult on a board full of virgins
What were you even trying to do?
>>
>>28075289
I don't think the SJWs are behind it. The religious right has a hard on for attacking suicide because killing yourself is considered the most evil thing you can(even worse than rape in the eyes of evangelicals)
>>
>>28076582
Why do they hate suicide so much? Why do they view it that way?
>>
>>28076094
It's not so much 'harsh' sentences as them being unable to dilute their sentence with the argument that they were unlucky and encountered the mythical 1 in a million ultrapussy.

Here's a story on a more subtle troll:
http://news.sky.com/story/1353835/online-troll-sentenced-for-assisting-suicide

For malicious trolls who harass and bluntly spam 'just kill yourself' I can see prosecutors going for a full assisting suicide charge. With the current legal climate which imposes minimum sentences for cyber-bullying, you can be sure that at the very least the 'suicide encouraging troll' will NOT escape unscathed when they are found.

You also have to remember you don't have to spend 5+ years in prison to be scarred for life. The types that have been convicted for this stuff (students barely of age, white collars) don't look like they'd last a month.

>>28076129
That's how the law sees it. Felons don't get to dictate how much damage their attacks 'should have' caused their victims and base sentencing around that.
>>
>>28076603
>Why do they hate suicide so much?
In the early days of Christianity there were TONS of martyrs who begged the Roman government to kill them. In order to avoid becoming a suicide cult the early church condemned suicide as an unforgivable sin. There was a time when christcucks would give life sentences to anyone caught trying to kill themselves.
>>
>>28076582
Lol "religious right", on the internet?

Maybe if you send a message to someone on Facebook, but what OP is describing is SJW faggotery

Lol, "religious right", next you'll talk about "White privilege"
>>
>>28076809
>That's how the law sees it.
So all we got to do is kill or otherwise incapacitate all the betas currently in law and law school, right?
>>
File: 1458636779073.png (87 KB, 268x246) Image search: [Google]
1458636779073.png
87 KB, 268x246
Do you guys ever wonder if anyone has ever killed themselves after being told to on 4chan? I mean obviously you'd have to be in a pretty fucked up state of mind to kill yourself anyways but do you ever wonder if that has pushed someone over the edge?

I don't know why but the thought bothers me and that's why I'd rather just call OP a faggot or maybe a retard, it's a lot less harsh and way less edgy.
>>
File: 1461294656314.jpg (22 KB, 300x331) Image search: [Google]
1461294656314.jpg
22 KB, 300x331
>>28076905
Stop being a pussy faggot or off yourself right now
>>
>>28076905
illk ourselfy ym anm
>>
It's pretty funny that a board full of mid-late 20s listless virgin NEETs thinks it has any ground to stand on when it tells people to kill themselves for being so 'dumb'. Some hardcore self-hatred and projecting going on there.
>>
>>28076937
>>28077029
hahahaha xDDDD great meme ur so funny and edgy lmao
>>
>>28076892
The fact that I hate religion doesn't mean I like blacks. In fact I hate the religious right because the enable niggers. They ban abortions, they hate birth control, and they give handouts to the homeless.If we got rid of religion niggers would be under control
>>
>>28075289

It doesn't matter at all though because you can't punish someone who's dead.
>>
>>28077064
Someones fee fees are hurt
>>
>>28077040
It's the years as observers of this filthy world that gives us the wisdom to judge feeble humans. The likes of you wouldn't understand it.
>>
>>28077209
Oh yeah, I hate Christfags too.

But you sounded way too much like a SJW with the "religious right" shit.

Yes, Christfags (the preferred term) are a problem in real life. Outside the internet? Seriously? they know they are easy targets, they live in their safe spaces. They don't give a shit about what OP is all about.

And "religious right" is a SJW term that is exaggerated . And if you think our "right" are the main nigger enablers you must be pretty deluded
>>
Manipulating and psychologically abusing a kid will lead into severe mental issues in later life. Most bullying, especially after elementary school, happens verbally. Also, we know full well what kind of damage cheating someone in a relationship can do.

Psychological trauma is no joke, in many ways it can be far, far worse than physical. I've never understood why our societies allow this fucking animal behavior, because there's no need.

Now sure, there are those overly sensitive sorts who just get insulted by the most ridiculous self-made excuses imaginable. But those people aside, this world would only be a better place if being a rude jackass as a rule was penalized harshly. I've never felt the need to offend someone just because I could. They would have to have offended me first to deserve that.

So telling someone to kill themselves definitely should put you responsible. If they put people like you behind bars or executed you, then at least people would seriously start to think before doing that again, leading to less needless innocent deaths.
>>
>>28077493
>And "religious right" is a SJW term that is exaggerated .

pure stormfag delusion
>>
>>28077580
>>28077580
lol what a faggot, if someone is worthless enough to kill himself because people bad mouth him then good riddance, i have been bullied and abused in many ways but this is simply ridiculous you can't stop bullying with a law, it goes WAY deeper than that
>>
>>28077432
more like you wanna kill yourselves and the only way you can cope is making snide comments on an anonymous Cambodian Birdwatching BBS
>>
>>28077713
Law has its limits for obvious realistic reasons. I'm speaking more of the intent. I see no reason to allow people who just insult others to exist.

For me it's very simple. You abuse someone psychologically, socially, or physically, then you should be shot on the spot right there. Period.

After a while of that, we'd only have good people. I be those people would be a lot happier than these fucks we have here today.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.