[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You wake up and it's 18:42, July 16th, 2008. What do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 2008.jpg (16 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
2008.jpg
16 KB, 460x276
You wake up and it's 18:42, July 16th, 2008.

What do you do with your life, knowing what could happen in the future?
>>
>>28074490
kill Merkel
>>
>>28074490
Bet on sports games like that guy in the back to the present movie.
Think his name was Buff or something.
>>
Jesus, I met my ex less than two months ago.

Don't hook up with her, don't move to her city, keep my job, and stay in college.
>>
exercise
lift
exercise
lift
come out sooner
get fucking /fit/
18y/o transfat here bless tf up.
>>
I would stop 7/11 from happening.
>>
>>28074665
https://vine.co/v/iFiYeO7pJZ0
he will never live this down
>>
>2008
Oh shit, I'm back to my unhealthy fat fuck self. Better start lifting and running. Also, get a fucking job.
>>
Send me back to July 3rd you fucking asshole I don't want to wait 7 months.
>>
I was 10

I would play a sport, I regret not being active as a kid, now my body looks like shit, I have big hips and a small torso, it looks ridiculous. Maybe if I was more active the testosterone would have made me look more manly
>>
>>28074490
>18:42, July 16th, 2008.

I know that this is probably just a coincidence, but I was attending a friend's birthday party on July 16th 2008, I was meant to pick my other friend up at 6:30, so I went for a nap at about 5:30pm, I didn't set an alarm, but I woke up at the time was 6:42 at which point I panicked realising I was late.

OP, you have really triggered my /x/ paranoia.
>>
>>28075305

very spoopy my friend
>>
>>28074490
I would go to the media and tell them I have the ability to predict everything that happens between now and 2016. Even though they would initially write me off as a nut, they would eventually see that all of my predictions are correct. People would worship me as a god, and I would be charge millions to divulge information about important upcoming events.
>>
I'd kill myself, knowing that in 08' my current gf was getting boned by Chad every night.

Save me the trouble of having to go through this shit again anyways.
>>
>>28074490
I'd jerk off more
>>
>>28075402
You have never read the book 'Replay', have you?
>>
>>28074490
Video tape Bush Jr setting the demolition charges on 9/11
>>
>>28075590
I haven't, but I assume it's similar to the scenario I described.

I've always thought being able to predict the future would be the coolest superpower.
>>
>>28075928
What.
>2008
When the hell do you think 9/11 happened?
>>
Shit. Enjoy the summer after 7th grade. I went to Disneyland that year. It was awesome. After that I suppose I'd start doing well in school and working out and stuff to have a better life than I do now.
>>
>>28074490
I'd work harder to get my feet off the ground so my grandma could see me getting somewhere before she passed. I've made little to no progress with my life since she left.
>>
File: Anon-mil-gunpoint.png (34 KB, 450x367) Image search: [Google]
Anon-mil-gunpoint.png
34 KB, 450x367
>head for an apprenticeship in IT instead of my current blue collar job, so I won't end up as a NEET because the job field is no longer used
>start apprenticeship with 16 instead of wasting almost 3 years after school
>That means I won't meet my former oneitis in vocational school and I won't be friends with that guy in this class who killed himself
>avoid general awkward moments
>bang that qt who had real interest in me when I was 17 (instead of ignoring her)
>learn to drive earlier
>much more I don't even remember yet

my god, just thinking about that many changes I would made, makes me depressing. Life is just shit
>>
>>28074490
Start Trades school and become a tradesmen and be a journeymen with a shit ton of money by 2016
>>
File: 1458798265705.gif (465 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458798265705.gif
465 KB, 900x1200
>>28074490
I would kill myself to prevent this nightmare of a reality

How could you pick anything else?
>>
File: 1297986559571.jpg (160 KB, 589x632) Image search: [Google]
1297986559571.jpg
160 KB, 589x632
Start saving money to invest in Bitcoin, explore Europe, stop using 4chan before /jp/ was created, and take some of my profits from Bitcoin to buy physical gold. Use some of my financial assets to buy a nice little house out in the country far away from terrorism, non-whites and social justice.

It would be great. Instead, I have you guys. Fuck me.
>>
Buy CDO's
>>
>>28076249
why don't you just do it now if it's such a nightmare
>>
>>28075957
A bit of a spoiler: the two main characters use one of their 'replays' and tell people of future incidents. Government takes notice, capture them, use their information to really screw up the world.
>>
File: 34660545.jpg (126 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
34660545.jpg
126 KB, 640x477
I got no diary entry especially for the 16th, but for July 11th, 2008. It says that I was preparing for a journey to Berlin (I live in europe), together with my aunt. I was busy buying stuff for my camera, my mom bought me cake and I watched "The Exorcist" for the first time that evening.
Back then, almost every entry was full of "^^" and graphical smileys. Better times...
>>
I wouldn't dump Tiffany for bitching at me over Xbox. I miss her. Went and had two kids like wtf no going back now I guess
>>
File: 1393395421841.jpg (81 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1393395421841.jpg
81 KB, 560x560
>>28076272
so THAT'S how you hold all these limes
and all this time I was looking for a tray...
>>
>>28074490

1) Bet on sports event to gain a lot of money
2) When I'll know the girl who'll become my oneitis (and will crush my heart) on January 2009, I'd kill her
3) If I can avoid prison with my money, well. Otherwise I'll kill myself in a spectacular way.

Still better than my actual life
>>
>>28074490
my life was already fucked at this point, I have to deal with shit I already have, knowing that I'd an hero faster.
>>
All you guys saying you'll bet on sports. Do you even know who wins what and when? Honestly?
>>
>>28076802
I'll just look it up when I get there dipshit.
>>
It would probably kill me to know that in 2012/2013 I will get very fucking I'll and that 4 years and 7 operations later it won't be any better. So I would have 4 years to live as a normal human being, more or less at least since in 2009 my depression will break out. So if you send me back to 2008 just shoot me while you're at it.
>>
>>28074490
This is literally my fantasy. Not too early where technology/culture isn't as advanced, and not too late where there's nothing I can do to change my life around... Though i'd prefer to make it a year later, but hey.

Anyway aside from the obvious 'prophet' scenario I'd do the opposite to everything I remember doing wrong. I'd have had (at the very least) one girlfriend by 2009.
>>
>>28074490

That's a weirdly specific time.

2008...That'd be hard, but at least I'd know what to do this time. Move back home, get my shit together, stop wasting money...I think it'd be good.
>>
>Invest in companies that I know get big.

>Bet on big sports games that I know the results to

>Predict celebrity deaths and become a huge celebrity yourself

>Play some prime WoW in your downtime. Youll have tons of downtime by the time 2016 arrives since youll be rich as shit from all your investments.
>>
>>28076802
Just rewind the clock about 5 or 6 months from OP's date and put your life savings on the New York Giants, senpai.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.