[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong with gamergate? It was going well for a while
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11
File: 1456854556026.gif (896 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
1456854556026.gif
896 KB, 700x600
What went wrong with gamergate? It was going well for a while then crashed.
>>
>>28073689
Ran out of memes, plus I heard that women are reallyyyyyy loud and get what they want
>>
>>28073689
They are moralfags.
>>
>>28073689
>faggots spammed threads on /v/ and other boards
>moot overreacted and banned all posting of it
>didn't even allow a single general for it
A better way to handle it would've been to at least allow a general. no posting about it outside those though.
>>
>>28073825
>trying to keep shit contained on 4chan

Lol, /pol/ has a whole board and they can't keep their shit together.
>>
I'm probably mistaken, but it had a core few guys, like 3-5 who more or less headed it or a least kept it together with a defined set of goals, and gave it a sense of legitimacy.

One by one and in pretty rapid order they changed their stances or just quit, and after that it just went to shit, being disorganized and unable to hold a high ground or legitimacy.
>>
>>28073863

i don't understand how moot could have possibly thought anything on the internet could be contained, especially the absolute scum that infest this website
>>
THERE'S NO HOTEL NAMED THE "GAMERGATE"
STOP ADDING "GATE" TO THINGS TO IMPLY A SCANDAL OR SOMETHING HAPPENED.
THERE WAS NO WATER SCANDAL. WATERGATE WAS THE NAME OF A HOTEL. YOU FUCKING RETARDS.
I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUT, BECAUSE FUCKING RETARDS DECIDED TO NAME IT "GAMERGATE"
>>
File: arstechnica.jpg (248 KB, 1001x652) Image search: [Google]
arstechnica.jpg
248 KB, 1001x652
>>28073689
feminists/SJWs/liberals spun it as sexism and people believed it.
>>
File: 1461262205569.jpg (8 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1461262205569.jpg
8 KB, 251x240
>>28073940

>to maintain a platform for free discourse, we must censor its users
>>
>>28073689
(2^3)chan drama, and people on both sides stopped caring
we made decent strides against the SJW menace before the movement died out though
>>
>>28073689
Unrelated question, are you that Estonian faggot from /pol/ that spams that GIF nonstop?
>>
>>28073920
moralfags from /v/ and /pol/ get butthurt over muh games and muh SWJs
>>
it was really cringey because gamergate acted offended by everything feminists said and then they kept talking about muh feeeelings.
literal faggots.
>>
People realizing that they bitching about something stupid like "gaming journalism" when gaming """""""""journalism""""""""" is absolute shit that no major journalist would say anything good about it.
>>
>>28074059

i fucking hate when you fucking memesters mention that stupid estonian fucker stop it stop giving him attention don't mention his name do not respond to his threads STOP STOP STOP STOP
>>
It started after that five guys shit. Milo Yiannopolous then got everyone to call the "movement" GamerGate. It then got co-opted by an SJW. It tried really hard to be a copy of the Channology shit but internal drama and policing got out of control. It went from taking down a whore named Zoe Quinn to "ethics in games journalism". As you can imagine nothing changed. It's even more corrupt than before and no one gives a shit. Thanks SJWs.
>>
File: boogieman strikes again.png (1 MB, 1032x1291) Image search: [Google]
boogieman strikes again.png
1 MB, 1032x1291
thank fucking god bikinis are now officially worse than Hitler. Thank you, feminists.
>>
>>28073689
Media is liberal. You really can't win against them, you just can't.
>>
>>28073689
The fact that grown men were crying about their video games is pathetic.
>>
>>28074146
clever people are liberals in general
>>
>>28074200

I can guarantee you there were no "grown men" who ever even remotely cared about gamergate
>>
>>28073689
hang yourself you fuckin /v/ermin
>>
>>28074211
I don't any reason to believe that
>>
>>28074242
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201003/why-liberals-are-more-intelligent-conservatives
>>
>>28073973
It was this kind of doublethink and hypocrisy that GG stood against, but unfortunately you can only power through with memes for so long. Feminists have made a business out of being victims and squashing anyone who would say otherwise, and they wouldn't easily let go of that cash cow.
>>
>>28074271
>the genuine concern for the welfare of genetically unrelated others and the willingness to contribute larger proportions of private resources for the welfare of such others.
I do define liberalism this way. I'd say this is a subset of liberal political ideology, not a necessary tenet
>>
I still don't get what gamergate is aspiring for? Is it good or not?
>>
>>28074316
It's moralfags shit.
>>
>>28073940
>free speech and censorships are not opposites
-fuckwad feminists, 2016

>litterally denying antagonisms
>>
>>28074316
Eh it was a clusterfuck. Basically it started off with trolling a scumbag roastie, when there was mass censorship and collusions and conspiracies people started getting pissed of at the shady jewry going on so they turned their attention to the whole media thing and it kinda snowballed. Was it good? Idk. It woke some people up to some of the bullshit social engineering going on in the media and how easy it is for the media to put a spin on something or just straight up lie. It was kind of a waste of time. I've stopped playing video games after the whole fiasco.
>>
>>28074271
>.com/blog/
opinion discarded
>>
Gamergate wasn't about "video game journalism" or the industry. It was about how perverse the "Progressive" ideology was in every mundane detail of our lives.

It was a backlash and the video game journalism was a vehicle for the pent-up anger.

The counter-culture is now on the Trump Train, GamerGate is over and no one cares anymore because the ideological movement is now on the political stage.
>>
>>28074142
All that shit looks sexist as fuck and I'm glad you don't get to play it, you beta fucking weeaboo. : ^ )
>>
>>28074271
>throws out figures but never cites them
Typical of liberals. If everyone wants a source:
http://reason.com/archives/2014/06/13/are-conservatives-dumber-than-liberals

But then again, IQ is a dumb way to measure intelligence. If we go by other standards, conservatives are smarter:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289614001081

Both studies are idiotic.
>>
>>28073689
i don't even get which side stands for what
>>
"""gamergate""" was literally just a bunch of butthurt misogynists angry that females were making games they would never buy or play, something that literally doesn't affect anyone.
>>
>>28074211
liberalism is right wing, are you saying smart people are right wing?
>>
>>28073920
the -gate thing is a well-established linguistic trend that started long before gamergate you autist. stop trying to apply strict logic like this to linguistics. it's catchy, and it stuck. deal with it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_with_%22-gate%22_suffix
>>
>>28074620
nice post, hehe :D
>>
>>28074620
Can I post this on reddit?
>>
>>28074142
Those games are literally made for huge cucks, glad you can't play those anymore you degenerate
>>
>>28074707
agreed, women are genetically inferior to men
>>
>>28073689
GamerGate died out around February of 2015

Manchildren couldn't handle womyn fixing ratings so Anita was given x50,000 the attention she didnt deserve and profited from it.

in the end people nerds realized gam3rz never read IGNs 9.5/10s from the beginning so her corruption was moot, fems won per usual.
>>
GamerGate lost momentum because they couldn't keep regurgitating the message. The beginning was great. You'd read the pdf about how Zoe Quinn was a slut, fucked five different guys who just happened to be linked in the industry. It was her own fault. She shouldn't have admitted it to that beta she was dating. Obviously he was going to go full omega and rage about it. But it was fun to read. Then others tried to go "deeper" into how journalism is corrupted. I think that's pretty common knowledge now. Does anyone really go to other gaming sites anymore? IGN is trash, Kotaku has been a rag for years. All the other ones are generally social justice oriented and write articles about how skimpy the sluts were dressed in Heroes of the Storm or whatever flavor of the month is out. It's all shit. They have nothing new to talk about. The industry is becoming stale. Gaming has gone full sequelitis and rarely produces a decent new IP anymore. No director's visions anymore since it takes too long and costs too much. DLC on day one, prepackaged on the disk; pay to unlock.

But the guy who got cheated on by Zoe Quinn is a real retard. Why would you date a girl like that? She just has that "I'm going to sleep around and enjoy hedonism because I'm secretly sad" vibe judging a book straight off it's cover.
>>
>>28073689
Just couldn't keep up steam.

Did well for about a year and is now a good way to stay informed by checking the hashtag once in a while
>>
gamergate needed a leader but nobody would step up.

most of gg's support has gone to trump. who subsequently hates the media as well, and treats women equally instead of a delicate creature.
>>
>taking video games this fucking seriously
>whiny manchildren circlejerking eachother into a fucking frenzy because some random dude on the internet has a different taste in video games

also, this shit:

>This is it The Final Battle. The Final Boss. Somebody fake up Cheaters and Hackers. We arent going gentle into the good night. we will spawn camp them we shall respawn. We shall zerg rush them. We shall never give up. NOT ONE STEP FROM OUR CONVICTIONS. NOT ONE STEP BACK FROM OUR IDEALS. NOT ONE STEP BACK. FOR THE GAMERLAND. We are the guardins of the free speech. We Taked beating and come back for more. The Enron affair was the Day of The Infamy. but we will fight until we win.We are the arsenal of freedom and we wont fall. because otherwise our community, our band of brothers is going the way of dodo. BUT WE ARENT GOING GENTLY INTO THE NIGHT WE WILL RAGE AGAINST DYING OF THE LIGHT. AND SJWS DARKNESS WILL NEVER WIN. SO STOP THE LAGS FIX YOUR PING. THEY WONT CONTROL US THEY DONT HAVE THE ONE RING.
>>
>>28074690
why don't you sort your life out instead mate
>>
>>28074142
Those games are trash from backwards nips i'm glad they're not here.
>>
>>28074725
if that's true then why are you suck a fucking cuck
>>
>>28074792
what do you mean

originalalalal
>>
>>28074831
Wow, I never thought of it that way.
We need to end women's suffrage!
>>
>>28074737
>Not being hype for No Man's Sky
>>
>>28074784
>>28074737
>>28074730
these sum it up well

"girls IN MY basement?, mommm I only care when women get caught despite lapping up male YouTube reviews for years ).

Boogie is the biggest con artist and nobody bit at him for the same shit.
>>
>>28074891
Great summary, it makes me want to beat women.
>>
4chan changed. It's no longer the fearful powerhouse it once was. You start a movement like gamergate and you get many 14-17 year old faggots trying to get their 5 seconds of fame. I remember a lot of people were suggesting doxing and raids, when the 4chan I knew from 10 years ago would have e-mailed a bunch of people and attacked... well... anonymously. That was our thing. That was our weapon. And it's turned into an internet culture of, "I r anon I r leejuns xD 1337 internet haxx0r I know how to script and code lel kek"

Gamergate had the potential to call out on the hypocrisy of video game journalism, to call out on the hypocrisy of feminists, to essentially win. But everyone lost sight of that, because they weren't in it for the lulz, not like old 4chan. Old 4chan would have done it for the lulz, simply to see the reaction of everyone to push all the right buttons and push a lot of people over the edge.

But instead, Zoe Quinn played the victim card, milked all of the attention, and Anita somehow managed to get involved, and used it as an opportunity to get free publicity as well.

I chose to fight the bull shit offline. I chose to simply voice my opinion on the matter, and if anyone had an issue about it then good for them.

Truth is, no one is taking away anything. These people are going around living their lives and it isn't affecting mine in the least. I chose not to pay attention to these radical feminists and it has done wonders for me. I think that's how we can finally beat them. Just ignore their criticism and ignore it in general.

There's no such thing as misogyny in entertainment. If it is geared for a male audience, it will have naked women. If it is geared for women, it will have emotional crap. Rape culture isn't a thing. There are always disgusting people everywhere I turn. There are disgusting women. I work with one. She is trying to get me fired by falsifying complaints that I am "too friendly" with female customers.

Just ignore.
>>
>>28074864
My boyfriend is eating me out as I type this. We both voted Bernie.
>>
>>28075128
Yeah dude I fucking hate women too, disgusting sluts!
>>
>>28074889
>being hyped for a procedural bland piece of shit

You must be really young, no offence.
>>
>>28074592
This guy is correct.

I'm originalo
>>
>>28074271
and libertarians are smarter then both
>>
>>28074316
I was witness to the whole thing yeah it was good. Woke me up to how bad the media really is.
>>
>>28074620
You're an idiot harry
>>
>>28073689
>implying that it ever went well
ETHICS IN GAMING JOURNALISM!
>>
>>28074646
it's not catchy it's fucking gay
>deal with it
that's also fucking gay kill yourself
>>
File: 1452305805634.gif (2 MB, 385x473) Image search: [Google]
1452305805634.gif
2 MB, 385x473
>people bitching to 4chan about gamergate
nope, it had nothing to do with this site. If you want to complain go talk to the real masterminds over at reddit. Nobody from this site was involved, if they were they were probably a redditor trying to stir up shit here. Prove me wrong. You absolutely fucking can't, any screencap you may bring up of one of those threads on a 4chan board is actually redditors in disguise and you can't prove otherwise.

Women are so beneath us that we don't even have to address them, they're like insects to your average ubermensch robot INTJ mastermind.
>>
That jacket is qt, where could I get one?
>>
File: cruz-booger-575x496.png (246 KB, 575x496) Image search: [Google]
cruz-booger-575x496.png
246 KB, 575x496
>>28073920
>>28074646
>>28076773

boogergate best gate
>>
File: 1460784972447.png (637 KB, 1227x1039) Image search: [Google]
1460784972447.png
637 KB, 1227x1039
Quinn got caught red handed doxxing and harassing some other SJW figure.

The ride never ends.
>>
>>28074146
>>28074211
>tfw liberalism has been overtaken by SJWs

why can't i support individual liberties in social matters (gay marriage, drugs, etc.) without being an SJW REEEEEEE
>>
>>28076781
That is some pretty fucking blatant revisionism. /v/ was heavily involved in GG from the get-go, as was /pol/. /r9k/ were among the first to pick up on The Zoe Post, too.
>>
>>28073940
>arstechnica 2016
what good tech news sites are left
>>
>>28074271
To some extent, you have to have a higher IQ to convince yourself to believe dumb shit.
>>
>>28073920
https://youtu.be/vB9JgxhXW5w
>>
>>28078590
nope. prove it revisionist. It was a reddit conspiracy.
>>
>>28078814

Not the person you replied to, but I'm pretty sure it started on /v/. They even won some online contest which resulted in the creation of the Vivian James character.
>>
>>28073689
It stopped being fun. I still hate SJWs and want them to stop ruining vidya though. Clickbait journalism is still shit as well and I hope gamergate at least made people realize that.
>>
>>28078933
this, as well as r9k participating early on.
v GG threads kept getting killed off so they took that shit to us because r9k doesn't really have any significant rules, nor did we have an active mod watching over us at the time.

pol+v would stop by and spam threads for a few days until they got shit organized and then they would leave for awhile.
>>
>>28073689
not enough good r34
>>
>>28073973
There's a very limited degree to which this is true, but not how she thinks.

To preserve the free speech of the masses, censoring a celebrity may be necessary (i.e. if a celeb responded to my criticism of their album, me being a fucking nobody, by .@ ing me on twitter so his fans dogpiled me, that may be worth censoring [well, penalizing.] in the interest of protecting the little guy.)

but most of these fucks want it censored to a far more ridiculous degree.

I'm a "fire in a crowded theatre" free speech type most of the time. Most of those I can see justification in "censoring" are groups like news-media reporting falsehoods about average indiivduals.)
>>
File: wut.jpg (62 KB, 680x553) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
62 KB, 680x553
I browse reddit and /kotakuinaction/ pretty commonly these days. They're not anywhere near dead, but more of a general anti-SJW circlejerk simmering at trivial issues like /v/ used to do.

GG has succeeded in exposing and hounding many smalltime journalistic fish, and has effected a degree of culture change swinging the e-mainstream away from liberalism. That's something. They really couldn't have hoped for much more influence beyond that

most people don't care about trivial internet sluts or imageboard meming, the entire issue was always borderline irrelevant
>>
>>28074142
>Game was never brought over; was not "taken away" as it was never here
>Removal of some costumes =/= taking the game away.
>Removal of an animation
>Refusal to censor leads to refusal to release

and none of the games are worth playing to boot.
>>
File: 1446160971042.jpg (56 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1446160971042.jpg
56 KB, 645x773
>>28074142
Buy or steal the "uncensored" version of those games you retard

Now go to the police with it

If they arrest you for having that game it is censored and your right to freedom of speech/expression is violated, if not it's free market acting on it's own

Get bent
>>
File: 1305252e3d77d8243a007acc3716d926.png (906 KB, 1276x1280) Image search: [Google]
1305252e3d77d8243a007acc3716d926.png
906 KB, 1276x1280
>>28079277
this dess
>>
>>28073689

From what I can tell the GG-people let themselves get off-message. It became too apparent that they were just happy to catch a woman doing whore-ish things that they could scream about, rather than actually caring about the integrity of the institutions she was messing with. This gave the pushback side all the fuel they needed to dismiss the whole thing as mean-spirited misogyny. Which, in truth, it probably was for most participants, even if they did have a fair point about this particular woman.

Basically it was just the spark for releasing the resentments of a shitton of gaming nerds.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.