[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to turn 26 in a month and I haven't accomplished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13
File: 25.jpg (57 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
57 KB, 550x366
I'm going to turn 26 in a month and I haven't accomplished anything. I feel like I'm too old to continue but too young to quit. I feel a urge to change, but there is a bigger stronghold that doesn't allow me. I don't have any friends, deep down I want to have a social life but I'm too socially crippled to obtain them and never get past the acquaintance stage. It's almost impossible for me to hold down a conversation with others for some reason.

My parents talk to me with a underlying layer of disgust, well deserved I may add. I'm so far behined that I don't know where to start.
>>
>>28071105
I will also turn 26 this years and haven't accomplished anything.

l feel too old already. Even if I find girl, she will expect too much from me, because at this age you're supposed to have started ascend in your career, but I'm still working on an entry level IT job. I have no interesting experiences in my life.

I will never have a young girlfriend who will not care about "adult" things.
I really hate adult life. It sucks so much. I wish I have died at the age of 14.
>>
Honestly, my man, I used to have a similar issue

bump while I type out a longer post
>>
Do you have a facebook account?
>>
File: e.gif (440 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
e.gif
440 KB, 500x282
>>28071105
this social problem it's very very serious in our society, and the bad thing is that it's not recognized, and the "normal people" can't understed us, with social problems... also our parent's and the people around us, are thinking it's our fault, so depression and loneliness intensifies. Imho it's a serious problem, and a terrible conviction, stay strong,bro.
>>
bump.
I want to see how this ends.
>>
>>28071105
>>28071471

A good portion of my life was centered around regret and pausing. I sat around doing nothing, for I feared regretting whatever Id choose to do, only to end up regretting the time I spent sitting around deciding on what to do.

It was a horrific vicious cycle.

One day I just woke up and left my house and walked around my city for 14 hours - I shit you not

I made friends with random people on the street, found some stores I'd never known about, and went so far as to sneak into a lecture at a local university

The approach to life that changed my life forever (and admittedly sounds cheesy as fuck) is to just DO IT. (inb4 meme'd/Nike)

I figured I had nothing to lose - i wasn't happy about anything, so what was there truly for me to fuck up? And so I started doing literally anything I had the inspiration to do. (Again cheesy, but I was partially inspired by that movie Yesman)

One week I took up singing, one week I started skateboarding, one week I started learning about the intricacies of chess etc. No, not everything I did stuck with me - not everything you'll try is gonna be a passion of yours - but goddammit just trying was an achievement unto itself.

Currently what stuck with me was boxing, video game design, and rap music. Shit on me all you want for doing these things, but they make me happy, and because they make me happy I never get tired of doing them, and as a result I've done them to the point where I've begun to reach undoubtable success - I'm currently attending the best videogame design school in the country, and my recent mixtape has landed me meetings with execs from Atlantic Records, Republic Records, and Eminem's label.

My friend - stop thinking about how late it is to start. I didn't start anything until well into my life, when I was in late highschool and super busy, and I haven't stopped being happy since the day I started.
>>
>>28071606

Fuck it dude - go on Google, find some random activity generator, and promise yourself you'll try to pursue whatever activity shows up for the next week

Then repeat this every week until you realize that something/s has stuck and you're actively achieving something - hell, just do it until you realize you're happy, fuck achievement. The only things that matter are the ones that make you happy
>>
>>28071627

I may not seem like a robot - I have a gf, I have all these extroverted type pursuits, etc - but I used to and pretty much still have crippling social anxiety and chronic depression.

The reason I keep coming back to this thread is because this is where I first got the advice to turn my life around; anything is possible, in fact most things are way easier than they seem at first, and the hardest part at all is just starting to do them - just opening the door, just sitting down to start your work, just getting on the bus to go where you need to go etc

I know this all sounds corny and cheesy and fuck me cause I'm not a typical robot... but what else have you got exactly? What's the worst thing that could happen if you take my advice?

Please: think up an activity, and whatever comes to your head first, start spending every spare moment on it until you're positive whether it is or isnt a passion of yours, then rinse and repeat.
>>
>>28071688

inb4 "normie comes to robot thread to brag about normie things and rub it in our faces"

I'm here specifically to say I don't think achievement and passionate pursuit is beyond the reaches of robots. Depression wants to hold you down, and social anxiety holds us back from people, but that doesn't mean we can't fight to find something we love doing with our lives
>>
Just turned 26, still enjoying the NEET life.
You've got to make society work for you, not you work for society.
>>
>turning 27 this year
>accomplished NOTHING
>no education
>starting education later this year
>still live with parents

My peers think I'm a loser and they're not wrong
>>
>>28071869
Are you me.
I'm one year younger though, otherwise same.
>>
>>28071869
yeah im the same. i wanted to start education this atumn but thats not gonna happen.

i have no idea wtf i am doing in my life
>>
>>28071105
i'm in the same situation, and i've been pretty depressed about it lately, but really we aint that old famalam. half of all 25 year olds live with their parents so shits not uncommon.
i think 30 is the line for me. if we start moving now we can be normies by then.. if i fuck up my current endeavors my backup plan is to enlist.
>>
This is like a circlejerk over being pathetic
>>
>>28072293
alert
normie spotted
>>
>>28071869
>tfw best friend calls
>close enough where I actually consider him family
>ignore it every time
I feel pretty bad about it desu, I'm pretty embarrassed about my life.
He's a physical therapist, soon to be married and have kids etc, while I'm still living at home, with no job experience and a shit associates degree...
>>
>>28072490
I'm avoiding talking to my old classmates and friends because they are living normal lives.
They used to try and contact me a lot of facebook and on phone, but now most of them have given up.
>>
>>28072293
;_;
Can't all be winners Anon
>>
>>28071105

I didn't do anything until I finished me PhD at 35. Lost virginity a bit later...
>>
>>28071105
>Parents looking down on you
Fuck them. They likely played a part in your problems.
>>
>>28071105
I'm about to be 31. don't let the accomplishments meme get to you. I own a house, a car, live on my own, have a masters degree, a 6 figure salary.

but I also have a 4 inch dick and am hideous thanks to my parents having me in their 40s. no matter what I do I can't find anyone that will even give me the time of day, let alone love me. unless I settle for a gold digger, I'll be forever alone.

plus I hate my job and would rather be neet than have all the wealth I've accumulated. life is hell no matter what unless you were born beautiful and rich.
>>
File: 1461272253742.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1461272253742.png
17 KB, 882x758
>>28071105
Same boat here OP. Maybe different size or shape, but still, we are swimming in same direction.

>>28071869
>>28071606
>>28071441

I am going to turn 25 this October. I have accomplished literally NOTHING that matters to me. Nothing. I always knew that I want money, but somehow, I have no idea what can I do to make it. I do not even know what do I want to do in life. All I know I want money - no matter what is needed. But hey! What can I do to make money? Fucking circle of unknown.

Also, I have always wanted to create something from nothing, to be someone big, I have always wanted more and more, to be better, stronger, richer, better again and fucking leader. Always pushing forward.

I have that fire in my heart that if I was given possibility, I would go for it. But I have no idea what can I do now... And I am aware that with age that fire is not bigger but the opposite.

What can we do to achive our goals? Our dreams guys?

Some people here are right. We just need to do anythjing literally. But hey... What if I am fucking not sure about anything but money?

I do not want to be poor. I do not want to live as poor. I want to be rich, others are riuch in age 15-20-25, why not me?!?!?!
>>
>>28072293

welcome to /r9k/ normalfriend
>>
You're going to all be 30 before you know it.

You wasted your youth being alone and afraid.
>>
>>28072989
Story time, friendo.
>>
Stop giving a fuck about having a social life and give real meaning to your life.
>tfw 23, no human friends, soon to be professional extreme skier
Feels good.
>>
>>28073082
>23
underage benned
>>
>>28072029
Im 20 and been living alone since 2 years ago Its pretty common in my country
>>
>>28072551
why is this anons? I do the same thing, there was once a time where someone reached out to me but I was too ashamed of my life to do my part. I feel like I'm not worthy of their support so I just cut contact to save me the embarrassment. It's a lose lose game.
>>
>>28072692
Yeah fuck them they are the reason that you are alive and the ones that gave you everything that you have because you are too much of a fucking failure to actually buy or achieve anything.
>>
>>28073309
Because the conversation always go the same direction.
>Hey, what's up man?
>uhh nothing, much you.
>Good good. So what have you been up to?
>Uhh, you know. this and that. Keeping myself busy. You?
>Yeah? I'm working at the normie factory, just bought a house! So where do you work?
>Uh, i'm working from home. You wouldn't know the company.
>Uh huh
>>
You all need to start doing something. Do NOT stay still. Think of it this way.

In 10 short years, you will be nearing middle-age. MIDDLE FUCKING AGE. Make those years count, otherwise you will be a sad-sack 40 year old that will only serve as a warning to others.

You only have 10 years to make things happen.
>>
>>28073394
>Yeah? I'm working at the normie factory, just bought a house! So where do you work?
kek. this so much.
>>
>>28073336
Go be a normie somewhere else, please.
This is our safespace.
>>
>25
>khv
>live with parents
>wagecuck
>no uni/college
>no friends
>dont even smoke/drink

i dont even watch anime
>>
>>28073309
Yeah I have a friend that is a full blown robot khv still with his parents the whole 9 yds i feel bad for him but is really lame that he never goes out to any plans or parties with the rest of the group so he is just drifting more and more from us. It sucks but what can we do ? some people are just not strong and sociable enough, its natural selection at its finest
>>
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now"
>>
>>28073515
He's probably depressed and maybe a legit sperg
>>
File: 1gtxt2.png (19 KB, 1329x203) Image search: [Google]
1gtxt2.png
19 KB, 1329x203
>>28073544
This is very true man. pic related
>>
File: 1460993199111.jpg (385 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1460993199111.jpg
385 KB, 1280x853
being dead while living only gives you strength
>>
>>28073558
Im sure hes depressed and the worst part is that he won't admit it I really want to help him get better and be a fucking man but how can you help someone who can't help themselves ?

If any robot could tell me how they will like to be approached about very delicae subjects it would mean a lot to me
>>
>>28073660
Have a conversation with him online that doesn't revolve around what either of you has accomplished.
>>
>>28073573
This screenshot resonates heavily with me as I too am turning 26 next month.

Been thinking about doing coding boot camp. I've been hearing mixed opinions from different people whether it's a good idea or not. At this point I'm willing take a chance and enroll before my brain goes to shit and loses its ability to grasp information at a high rate.
>>
i dont know if im depressed or if im just so used to this life that i dont even care anymore

sometimes i think about what itd be like to do stuff besides sit on my computer all day but i just dont care

ive always been an outsider even when i had friends in school, i wouldnt try and hang out after school, attend parties etc unless i was invited or someone forced me into it

my old friends got in contact with me a while back, asked to meet up and hang, said some people wanted to see me again

i told them i wasnt interested, because what would i talk about? ive done nothing with my life, and they have been busy getting jobs, finishing uni, some even got married
>>
>>28073829
I turned 26 last week and will study web development this autumn.
Being a NEET for 3 years has taken its toll on me., so this is me trying one last time to accomplish something.
>>
File: 1440599494049.jpg (29 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1440599494049.jpg
29 KB, 331x334
>he fell for the accomplishment meme
Pretty spooky there m8. You and your oneitis and that chad banging her are all going to die, and you'll be equal then. Embrace it.
>>
Your social ineptitude is a blessing in disguise. It'll allow you to comfortably stay inside and sink hours into projects which will form the achievements your looking for.
>>
>>28075162
True, but without monetary rewards your motivation dwindles fast.
>>
>>28071105

Do you have a job, girlfriend, a bank account, go to school, offer doing anything productive?
>>
>>28075266
Productivity is a social construct, don't be a fascist.
>>
>>28075293

If so, he shouldn't be worried then.
>>
>>28075316
Educate yourself over at /r/LateStageCapitalism/
>>
File: 1446336914904.jpg (40 KB, 441x604) Image search: [Google]
1446336914904.jpg
40 KB, 441x604
>>28071869
If you're doing any form of self-improvement at all you're not a loser.
>>
>>28075344
How do you know if you're actually improving?
>>
>>28073336
>they are the reason that you are alive

For this alone FUCK THEM, they had me just because they could, not because they should
>>
File: Kumagawa.jpg (174 KB, 845x945) Image search: [Google]
Kumagawa.jpg
174 KB, 845x945
What's wrong with being a loser?
>>
>>28075683
Better to be a loser than a keeper
>>
File: notequals.png (40 KB, 220x323) Image search: [Google]
notequals.png
40 KB, 220x323
>>28073957
>and you'll be equal then
but anon I'm not equal by nature
>>
File: Kumagawa.jpg (406 KB, 1209x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kumagawa.jpg
406 KB, 1209x1200
>>28075703
What?

My comment's non-originality is now All Fiction
>>
>>28075912
if you can't win her, then lose her.
>>
File: Kumagawa.jpg (39 KB, 480x550) Image search: [Google]
Kumagawa.jpg
39 KB, 480x550
>>28075951
Or rip her face off and see if you still love her
>>
File: image.jpg (506 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
506 KB, 1536x2048
>>28072931
why don't ya rob some drug dealers anon
nothing better than being able to say "talk to the bands, bitch"
>>
So how do we fix this shit.

We have literally no motivation to do anything. Not even money.

Im in the same boat as you OP. 25 years old and have done nothing with my life.

I think were just the result of society. Kind of like the beautiful ones in the Mouse utopia experiment.
>>
I'm 30 years old and i'm here to tell you it doesnt get better.

I'm ugly with a speech impediment, women look right through me. That has never changed, even as im being increasingly surrounded by desperate single mothers. They view me as an entirely non sexual entity, the mere thought of dating me is comical.

I've been judged as defective and not worthy at the most base psychological level. Women do not want to have sex with me, my genes will not go forward. I am the last of my family and will die alone.
>>
>>28076360
Sign up for those blind date event show things, where the chick will literally be forced to spend an evening with you

see how it goes and then greentext it here

win/win for everyone involved
>>
>>28076404
Yeah. Do this, faggot. Provide r9k with some keks
>>
File: 1461344336776.png (323 KB, 488x460) Image search: [Google]
1461344336776.png
323 KB, 488x460
I turned 26 a few days ago.
Honestly being a NEET is a blessing. I can hardly function in society.
I wasted my life but i can't do anything about that now.
The only thing i care about is finding the love of my life before i turn 28. I have SO MUCH i want to do with her. I spend my whole days thinking how i can become worthy and ready to become a lover and father. So little time...
>>
>>28077589
>26yo loser
>thinks he has anything to offer to a woman

you don't deserve to have a gf, just accept it man
>>
>>28071105
Your still just a kid
I turn 50 the first week in June
My Dad is bitching and moaning about wanting me to get a job, he bugs me about once a month about finally moving out
Set in my ways and here to stay
>>
>>28073458
>In 10 short years, you will be nearing middle-age. MIDDLE FUCKING AGE. Make those years count
I don't think this advice helps at all. It only makes people envision that even if they achieve something, they will forever regret their past.

The truth is, having regrets is a function of your personality, not a function of your life. Trust me, I have a regretful personality, but whenever I tell anyone about my life they tell me they're jealous of me.

Here's the truth, and you need to remind yourself of this every single day, because it's not naturally part of who you are:

You just got dropped into your body. The past isn't even provably real, you just have memories. What should you do next? Think about it for a maximum of ten seconds, then do it.
>>
>>28073957
oh fuck off you pretentious cunt
the reason people are sad about not having accomplishments isn't because they ascribe some undeserved inherent meaning or nobility to them.
its because they know that not being a fucking loser is conductive to getting more of dem fucking dopamine hits we all crave

it's not at all irrational or misguided to pursue accomplishments for this reason. it gives a feeling of fulfilment.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.