[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's it going, /23/+? What big revelations have you discovered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 23plus.png (3 KB, 371x188) Image search: [Google]
23plus.png
3 KB, 371x188
How's it going, /23/+?

What big revelations have you discovered in your early adulthood?

For me, it's that happiness is mostly achieved internally and I need to work on getting back to that comfy childlike state where every day was a new adventure and the hour-hand on the clock didn't mean shit.
>>
File: tumblr_m2zqonqDen1r4037do1_400.jpg (20 KB, 250x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2zqonqDen1r4037do1_400.jpg
20 KB, 250x333
>>28070549
>What big revelations have you discovered in your early adulthood?
Everyone's life peaked somewhere between 16 and 22. It's all down from here for 99% of them. Also, all of the Stacys from high school are now single mothers.
>>
>>28070549

Everything only gets harder. Whatever step of whatever plan/project I'm on now is the easiest step I will take, and I should enjoy it.
>>
>>28070549
depression can not be cured, only outgrown. You cant cure grief either, or help a grieving person. They are both similar in that way
>>
>>28070549

There are no big revelations.

You just stay the same and shit gets harder.
>>
>>28070773

Can you define depression or at least describe it to your best ability?
>>
I realised that your teen anxiety doesn't suddenly just disappear by itself when you hit a certain age. There really isn't a reason to label any anxiety as a teen thing.
The only difference is no random boners
>>
>>28070549
im turning 27 in 3 months

im not gonna make it
>>
I have realized that I will never truly be happy again, or have a girl legitimately show interest in me that doesn't just want to use me. That's why I'm an alcoholic now.
>>
turned 23 on 10th. so far, i stopped giving a shit about some things that had been driving me anxious, even though overall i'm still having social anxiety
>>
>>28070549
23 in a month. Just existing day to day I guess, finding joy in the small things
>>
>>28070801
depression is a type of Helminth that attacks humans and other types of simians, often contracted orally via the consumption of tampered water, unproperly sterilized meat and other organic products that have been in contact with the above even tho in some cases the source of an infection can be a complete mistery
>>
I realized people have a desire the be a role and then take that role to the extreme. Gamers want to have the latest gadgets, be really good at certain games while being up to date on all AAA games. Women who want to be mothers want to do it and have it define them. They dedicate their life to raising kids and then when their kids become adults they sink into depression and practically beg their own kids to start having kids of their own so at least then they can take on a support role.

This applies to everything. Sports fans, car enthusiasts, collectors, the working man. Even on this board everyone is desperately trying to glorify the NEET who has been "liberated" from lifes harsh realities. Its what happens when identity formation goes on for way to long without the person getting some sense knocked into them.
>>
>>28070626
Maybe so, but the male brain develops well into the 20's and greater learning opportunities can arise. I'm vastly different internally at 25 than when I just turned 20
>>
>>28070626
How is that even possible. It's been statistically proven that everyone is the biggest shithead in the universe with absolutely nothing to contribute to humanity between those ages.
>>
>>28071136
We live in a culture that demands individuality and uniqueness yet also being a part of a group to think you're better than those not in the group. You have to have interests and be vocal about your interests so people can attach labels to you or you're deemed boring. It's all exhausting, pointless and fake to me.
>>
>>28070969
>finding joy in the small things
This. The small and often free or cheap things are the best
>>
I learned that I am trash and a worthless human being and that is ok.
Realizing what I am changed my perception of my interaction with those around me.
It helped me with depression and schizophrenia and am starting to finally feel happy.
>>
>>28070549
>/23/+
>not making the usual /25/+ thread
Rugrat detected
>>
27 here. Adult revelations:
>Losing my virginity changed nothing.
>I will never get over my Oneitis.
>I will always hate most people.
>I will never be successful in my career.
>I will always have financial problems.

With the above being true, I can still live an acceptable quality of life.
>>
>>28071037
As an open-minded nutritionist, I'm fascinated. Can you explain more?
>>
>>28071317
OP here. I'm 25 but I consider around about 23 the age where perceptions and life events have changed quite a bit for most people
>>
File: jiffpom tiffany alvord.jpg (86 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
jiffpom tiffany alvord.jpg
86 KB, 550x550
Everyone is a drug addict. We're all just chasing a high or the idea of a high. Whether that's making money, being intimate with a girl, being the best in a video game, etc. Everything is a drug whether it's food, TV shows, dank memes, they all illicit chemical reactions in the brain. God is a drug of the mind as well as a social glue for communities.

How shit it is to be human and be consciously aware of things like this. The lucky ones are generally those are too "high" to spend time obsessing over it. Overthinking will destroy you. Part of me wishes I'd been an animal instead. Maybe a qt's dog or cat, or a based animal like a sloth. Humans may be the pinnacle of evolution in some areas but that "blessing" is a big fucking curse as well. Ignorance is bliss is perhaps the truest phrase that's ever been said.
>>
>>28071599
I prefer to call these activities pain-killers. Just like the pharmaceutical pill, we use them to avoid addressing the root causes of our suffering
>>
>>28071256
Too true. A little too romantic for my tastes on your end, but I still feel the same way. The problem is that there are very few who can genuinely exist without meaning coming from somewhere that has no outside influence or validation. Ignorance of context irks me when it comes to things like that, though I don't know if that is entirely related to your observations on culture.
>>
31 year old here.

Being old is nice because you have a certain comfort in aging. You know your strengths and weaknesses. You don't get anxiety really any more. You have a stable job. You can focus on improving yourself. I enjoy this period of my life more so than my early twenties when I was immature and confused on where I was headed.
>>
File: pupper kitty.gif (2 MB, 232x200) Image search: [Google]
pupper kitty.gif
2 MB, 232x200
>>28071693
What do you see as the root cause of our suffering? Awareness?
>>
>>28070549
Trust no one. Commitments are a curse. Friendship is rare, shun most people and have contempt for most. Be hard and willing to say "No" against overwhelming odds.
>>
I learned that I'll never be happy so I might as well try my best at stopping myself from being completely miserable.

Not going so hot so far but I'm working on doing something interesting to me in life.
>>
File: 1431366472730.jpg (2 MB, 1460x1440) Image search: [Google]
1431366472730.jpg
2 MB, 1460x1440
That I have way more time in my life than I initially thought.
Also any doubts I had about being a pedo are now gone. I'm totally a pedo. It's not just a "phase".
>>
>>28072158
Improper food, not living in the moment, ignoring our bodies, e.g. not truly acknowledging/acting on/reflecting on our thoughts and feelings and instead suppressing emotions. There's a few of the main ones.
>>
>tfw moving countries was best decision i made but just want a stable future and still sad often
>eventually lost virginity in extremely awkward way but it just liberated me, was good
>tfw qt french gf is graduating and broke up with me to do her own thing in france
>makes sense but why now instead of in a couple months or wanting me in yr future
>tfw rejected for grad school
>tfw stuck in cold wet tory country
>>
File: 1456947091513.png (57 KB, 671x588) Image search: [Google]
1456947091513.png
57 KB, 671x588
>>28070549
>revelations

There is only you, your ideals, and the disparity between both. Life is about closing the gap, to become your most genuine self. Glory to those who find their way, and walk the path their hearts lay before them! For those people are true men, in every sense of the word. That is my revelation.
>>
>tfw fell for the grad school meme
I'm 23 and I still feel like a little kid doing homework every night. I have no money and I haven't made any advances in my social life in years. JUST
>>
>>28073494
I briefly considered doing grad school during a particularly bad trip once.
>>
>>28070844
I'm 27 too. Feels like my life is almost over. I feel old as shit.
>>
>>28073494
tfw i am actually trying know this feel (but got rejected)
tfw i know itll be shit but it's the only way to get a euro visa
what do
>>
>>28070549
Introversion later in life leads to great difficulty.

/r9k/ is a bad place to spend most of your time. Get off this board and visit other boards with more cheery outlooks, get out of your house and meet people.
>>
>1-7 lived in a bad town, family member murdered
>7-9 lived in a remote town, low population of around 600, loved it there
>9-13 lived in a new town (current) didn't like it, very cluttered, kids mean at school
>13-16, mallrat days, finally found a clique, just a bunch of kids who want to have a good time without hurting others
>16-17 the final days of good youth
>17-23, meet a girl, drop out of school, start doing drugs, accomplish nothing for 6 years, do not pass go do not collect 200
>23-25 stay at home 99% of each day, watch anime, work shitty overnight jobs just so i have some money

And here I am. I'd say 13 to part of 17 was my prime. At this point, I'm just waiting for a heart attack, or some robot to shoot me somewhere.
>>
hi qts
25 here. I need to get my shit together, I'm a fucking adult
>>
You're still young at 23 lads, you still have hope
>>
>>28070626

Lmao let me guess you're a NEET? It would make more sense if you said a number in the late 30's
>>
Spend less than you earn and invest the rest. Aim for a 50% savings rate and you can get yourself away from being a wage slave.

You will always learn and continue to change. Remember shit from ten years ago that makes you cringe? Well in ten years from now you will cringe at what you do today
>>
>>28073758
>tfw ignoring medical problems and not going to the doctor to find out what it is in the hope that it will end up killing me soon

My only chance to get off this ride early pretty much
>>
I'm 23 and I'll be finishing off school soon. I've had a chance to experience the workplace through internships and I've decided that that's not what I want to do with my life. I haven't been able to find a bridge in my area that is tall enough yet. I should have done it when the canal was still frozen over, but I was too busy with midterms to go through with it. I'll have a two day break between my last exam and the beginning of my next work term.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.