[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is cool? Are we cool?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1454607122942.jpg (48 KB, 440x664) Image search: [Google]
1454607122942.jpg
48 KB, 440x664
Today I want to discuss a topic I'm not sure you anons like, but I believe to be interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprezzatura

If you want an example, look at the Mona Lisa and, if you want an even more glaring example, at the copy drawn side-by-side. You can see how the woman is looking down at you, "so you think you're cool? Huh."

Now, when I look in contract with what r9k usually does, the results are appalling. Rather than ironic deattachment from the subject, all I see is bitterness and shit that gets boring after a while of browsing this board. So maybe, we could take a little of our time off and learn a thing or two from Renaissance artists before heading off into the world.

"I have found quite a universal rule which in this matter seems to me valid above all other, and in all human affairs whether in word or deed: and that is to avoid affectation in every way possible as though it were some rough and dangerous reef; and (to pronounce a new word perhaps) to practice in all things a certain sprezzatura [nonchalance], so as to conceal all art and make whatever is done or said appear to be without effort and almost without any thought about it."

tl;dr get good at ironic shitposting lads
>>
>>28068529

desu family this would be a better topic for /lit/. I appreciate your perspective on this because I've actually got some asspain over the extreme overuse of irony, and this meme of authentic inauthenticity.
>>
We try to ruin it here so that people will stop fucking taking it elsewhere.
>>
>>28068922
Can you give some examples please?
>>
>>28068529
how do into sprezzatura, will it up my charisma lvl?
>>
>>28069049
It should because that's what women like in men, a certain level of deattachment. We like that which drifts away from us, and thus if you ironically deattach yourself from them to a certain extent (that is, play hard to get, flirt, etc) you create tension that makes you seem hot.
>>
>>28069152
So the old "acting aloof makes you mysterious and attractive to women?"
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.