[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Comfy Silent Hill Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 126
File: Pyramid Head And Nurse.jpg (790 KB, 668x946) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid Head And Nurse.jpg
790 KB, 668x946
Hello, /r9k/, I am a guy who really loves Silent Hill, especially Silent Hill 2.

I have an archive to surpass even the wiki now, with hundreds of images as well, along with documents about each character and enemy (working on areas!).

Please come in, get comfy, and ask questions or just discuss. I can give you guys interesting lore, trivia, explanations, whatever honestly, just come hang out and discuss this wonderful series with me.
>>
What your opinion of Dark Souls III?
>>
SH anon! All your threads have been doing iron man numbers. I've seen you on /v/, on /tv/ and on here and it's getting out of hand. I love your threads but you seem to stay up literally 24 hours a day discussing Silent Hill 2 and I'm worried about you.

Sorry but I gotta take off, I hope you have a good thread though, I'll check in later.
>>
Do you like Sonic games?
>>
File: Angela Face.png (259 KB, 618x630) Image search: [Google]
Angela Face.png
259 KB, 618x630
>>28067701
I've been going so hard on my archive I've barely been playing it, only have 6 hours in it so far, but I really enjoy it. Better than DSII.
>>28067717
Kek I remember you from the last thread. I'm glad you enjoy. I have been up all night again, but I am feeling rejuvenated after a shower. Thanks for the concern though.
>>
File: Angela Concept Art 1.jpg (102 KB, 395x500) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Art 1.jpg
102 KB, 395x500
>>28067736
I'll be honest, I've never played one.
>>
File: 1446695106368.jpg (1 MB, 600x1672) Image search: [Google]
1446695106368.jpg
1 MB, 600x1672
Upload the archive please kind anon
>>
File: 1458514968324.gif (281 KB, 1469x535) Image search: [Google]
1458514968324.gif
281 KB, 1469x535
>>28067758
I said it in my last /v/ thread, but I will mega the archives once I am finished with them. I still plan to add area documents, and I'm considering whether I ought to do items too.

I have gifts by the way!
SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

And in case someone's once again new to this PC gaming stuff: Use a program like PowerIso to mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
-Pete's OpenGL 1.78; (more options & better performance than 2.x version)
-Eternal's SPU Engine.
>>
File: Mary's Necklace.png (101 KB, 174x396) Image search: [Google]
Mary's Necklace.png
101 KB, 174x396
>>28067801
By the way, yes there are all legit and working, I tested myself. It's how I got my PC copies. They include all fixes for widescreen/no cd as well.
>>
i lterally only got on this board the last days to be here when you arrive. i missed you 2 times ._.
do you have a twitter profile or something to stay in contact?
>>
> Silent Hill
> Comfy
Did we play the same game, dude?
>>
File: Angela Concept Art 2.png (178 KB, 450x342) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Art 2.png
178 KB, 450x342
>>28067877
That's very flattering.
I have an email I use only for 4chan if you want to get in touch, [email protected]

Glad you found me this time!
>>
File: Angela Concept Art 3.png (180 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Art 3.png
180 KB, 460x600
>>28067902
I don't think I'm alone when I say I find 2 to be an extremely comfy game despite the scares.

Maybe because I'm so used to it by now though. Played literally 30+ times.
>>
File: OpKC4vl.jpg (141 KB, 600x640) Image search: [Google]
OpKC4vl.jpg
141 KB, 600x640
>>28067646
It's been over a decade since the good games came out. There are tons of content and discussions covering almost every facet of the games. Konami just cancelled what could've been a great entry to compensate for the western SH games' inadequacy.

What keeps your interest for this series, exactly? I just don't see any reason to be an SH fan these days tbqh senpaifam.
>>
File: Angela Against Door.png (655 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
Angela Against Door.png
655 KB, 1152x864
>>28067923
I'm working to gather every single bit of that information into a local archive. Why? Passion man, this game inspires a passion in me. 2 and 3 specifically, I don't think there's ever been a bigger influence on how I think of video games and media than those two games. I'm in love with them. It doesn't matter how many games Konami cancels- it doesn't change the ones that already exist.
>>
>>28067701
I've actually never played one.

Shall I start with the original PS1 title?
>>
File: Angela Concept Model.jpg (110 KB, 881x627) Image search: [Google]
Angela Concept Model.jpg
110 KB, 881x627
>>28067999
Nice trips
Are you talking about Silent Hill? If so, you can start either with 1, or with 2. I recommend starting with 1, but 2 is unrelated so you can play it first if you really want. However, you absolutely must play 1 before you play 3.
>>
>>28068020
Yeah Silent Hill in general, it's strange as I'm a fan of the genre but never got into it.

I wouldn't mind if it's a decent story though.
>>
>>28067646
i always find horror games to have a comfy atmosphere weird i don't like horror genre that much but horror games makes me wanna play them for some reasons i can't tell probably the atmosphere mostly silent hill that is
>>
File: AngelaKnife2.png (65 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
AngelaKnife2.png
65 KB, 250x150
From every character in Silent Hill 2 I could connect with Angela Orosco the most. Her "Personality" section in the SH wiki is quite extensive and I've read it several times and we have quite some similarities, that's why I can symphatize with her the most. Does anyone in here know of similar characters in any form of fiction?
>>
File: MetatronMap.png (99 KB, 250x183) Image search: [Google]
MetatronMap.png
99 KB, 250x183
>>28067905
Ty (=
i wanted to ask you what you think about this whole dimension stuff. i know most fans take this as a given and it's even on the wiki (which i can't take seriosly because of pic related) but the amount words like "fog world" "otherworld" and all that stuff that seems to be essential for the theory as it stand got little to no mentioning in the games. personally i didn't want to spend as much time with that because i think thethings that seem like other dimensions are ment to stay as mysterious as the power of the town itself, something we as a player can only define by it's actionswithout knowing it's origins but i'm really interested what your point of view is
>>
File: Angela Mayu From Elfen Lied.png (272 KB, 752x357) Image search: [Google]
Angela Mayu From Elfen Lied.png
272 KB, 752x357
>>28068044
Decent story is an understatement. Silent Hill 2 has the greatest story and characters in all of video games, in my opinion.
>>28068049
I agree. You should grab the download links above and play them, friend.
>>28068053
She is definitely my favorite side character in all of Silent Hill lore. Similar to her, I never watch anime but from the research I have gathered, the character Mayu from Elfen Lied is directly inspired by her.
>>
File: 1461380561867.jpg (38 KB, 518x237) Image search: [Google]
1461380561867.jpg
38 KB, 518x237
>>28068122
That is a big and difficult- but good- question. That is by far the most disputed and argued about thing in all of SH lore, the fog world, otherworld, and so on.

What we know for sure is this- Silent Hill is a real town with real people, and it's a nice little place in Maine. We know this, because James and Mary visited, and took a video tape there.

The most common theory is that the fog world is a buffer of sorts that separates the real world and the Otherworld. Whether this is true, hard to say. Ito, who is typically taken as word of god, has stated that the fog world is an alternate plane of existence, but the Otherworld is on the same plane as the real world. What this means exactly is hard to explain, and is hard to take at face value because his english is poor so it's hard to tell exactly what he's saying in the tweet.

It's really, really complicated stuff with lots of factors and contradictions I'd rather not get into because it would take a full essay to really explain it all, and even then it's still just theories and speculation. My opinion- who knows? I could give you a definitive answer to almost any lore question besides this one, because it's so open ended and up to interpretation. My personal belief? When a guilty soul walks into Silent Hill, he is transported to an alternate plane where he experiences the events of the game. The mechanics of this are not explained, and they are supernatural in origin. I wish I could give you more, but I really can't.
>>
>>28068145
i can#t remember elfen lied that good to be honest but this character mostly shared appearence and backstory with angela. this might be a small spoiler, but in the actual events of the story she actsmostly as an innocent girl with dark past and things turn out a lot better than before by the end.
>>
File: Maria And Laura On The Wall.jpg (121 KB, 1048x619) Image search: [Google]
Maria And Laura On The Wall.jpg
121 KB, 1048x619
>>28068277
From what I've read, she also calls her dog James at first. I don't know anything about the series though, so I can't be of much use besides that.
Claudia Wolf in SH3 has a similar backstory, no sexual abuse however.

Here's a rare image.
>>
>>28068269
thats actually a helpful answer for me. i used to argue a lot about it but the only thing i found out is that most personal believes were not based on facts but rather what people knew from other sources or how they thought it could be while playing. like i said at this point i believe this isn't ment to be explained on a detailed level and that even you can't be sure about your view should be eveidence enough for me to nto search for a highly detailed answer anymore. i think as a narrative device it's more effective to have a power that can't really be explained then making the town look like a mashine that has a sepcific method of dealing with damaged persons (=
>>
File: Angela's Family Photo.jpg (20 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
Angela's Family Photo.jpg
20 KB, 500x355
>>28068429
Exactly. I think it's better off unexplained. I'm glad the answer could be of some use. My archive is based on all the facts, interviews, word of god, and so on. I have some of my own lore interpretations in there, but they are separate. It really bothers me how everyone argues based on the theory they like the most when in the end 1. it doesn't matter and 2. none will be proven right unless another game comes out that spells it out explicitly, which won't happen, so there's no point.
>>
>>28067646
isn't this more of a /v/ topic?
>>
File: Angela Manual.jpg (41 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Angela Manual.jpg
41 KB, 500x375
>>28068519
Yeah, but my last two threads were on there and I wanted to come back to my homeboard. You get less shitposting when you make this thread here, and it moves a lot slower which is nice and relaxing as opposed to the high speed constant posting I need to do on /v/ to respond to everyone. They're still good threads over there, I just thought I'd change it up.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people on /v/ who will come into the thread, insult me, tell me I'm wrong while getting the most base facts about the games wrong (i.e. saying SH1 is Harry's psyche and not Alessa's). It's nuts.
>>
what part of the games did you find the saddest?
at first i thought about scenes like the burning stairway or the letter, but after a while i realised that harry mason took an infant that he most likely associated with the death of his daughter and raised her nevertheless and that he just died before heather got her former memorys back including cheryls. i know harry is mostly bland as a characters for story telling reasons but honestly because of this he's one of my favourite characters... i think drifted a bit of here (=
>>
Bumparoo
Come hang out with us guys
>>
File: 1460987382257.jpg (172 KB, 750x834) Image search: [Google]
1460987382257.jpg
172 KB, 750x834
fuck this retarded thread fuck it to hell. fuck you faggot op and fuck everyone else whos in this thread fuck you all. silent hill sucks dogshit
>>
File: Angela On Burning Staircase.jpg (85 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Angela On Burning Staircase.jpg
85 KB, 1024x768
>>28068696
Oh yeah, Harry dying is incredibly sad, and how devastated Heather is, I get it. I was raised by a single father, I couldn't imagine coming home to him dead. I find it tragic.

To me though, the saddest thing in all of Silent Hill lore? The fact that when Angela walked up that burning staircase, she believed she deserved what happened to her. Her mom told her she deserved it, her dad raped her, beat her, brother raped and beat her, just terrible. An interesting tidbit- Angela is only 19! But she looks like she's in her 30s. Sato has said this is because she's meant to look like she's "been aged beyond her years".
>>
File: Eddie Render.png (224 KB, 338x657) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Render.png
224 KB, 338x657
>>28068719
Very good shitpost, I appreciate your bump.
>>
>>28068743
yeah i love this line when she asks james if he is going to take care of her. both knew that this isn't going to happen and it made james look helpless. it reminded me of thsi feelign when i talked to a friend that jumped from a bridge(but survived ) a few years after we lost contact. i really wanted to help him but he stated his situation in a way that made me realise i'm not segnificant enough in his live to make a change. on the brunign staircase you already know that angela will most likely never can't trust anyone enough so he could "save" her. the angle of this scene alone tells you that she's out of james' reach(i can't really describe it better sry). while were at this, do you think angela looked for her mother to kill her?
>>
File: Angela's Ripped Family Photo.png (150 KB, 250x234) Image search: [Google]
Angela's Ripped Family Photo.png
150 KB, 250x234
>>28069001
I know what you mean, that's heartbreaking man. No you're right, the upwards framing of the shot implies she's too far gone.

I don't think she was trying to kill her mother, no. Her mom was emotionally abusive, but not physically, and she seems to love her. Also, when you find the ripped photo of Angela's family in the mirror room (109), her and her mom are on one side while her father and brother are on the other- she killed her father and brother, so I doubt she's out to get her mom. She's just looking for the only bond/connection she has left.
>>
File: ughh-ahhhhhh.gif (1 MB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
ughh-ahhhhhh.gif
1 MB, 300x166
>>28067646
what'd you think of the movies? 1 had so much potential, but it didn't work. II sucked completely. they should remake SH with 2's backstory, though the use of pyramid head should be revoked cause they beat that horse dead unfortunately :(
i remember my first playthrough of SH2 and i was scared shitless when you saw pyramid head just standing there in the middle of the hallway.
>>
File: Pyramid Head First Appearance.jpg (985 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid Head First Appearance.jpg
985 KB, 1920x1080
>>28069114
Never seen them, planning to watch 1 tomorrow night though as I hear it's halfways decent compared to 2. Although it doesn't really make sense to make an SH2 based movie without Pyramid Head- Pyramid Head was created and designed custom for James.

You mean this moment, by the way?
>>
File: perfection.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
perfection.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Thanks for posting this thread, OP. I love Silent Hill.

I have to go to work now, but I will show my support for this thread by posting mai waifu.
>>
File: Heather 1.jpg (80 KB, 503x899) Image search: [Google]
Heather 1.jpg
80 KB, 503x899
>>28069153
Thank you anon, I appreciate your support. I hope work goes by quickly! And great taste in waifu. She's my waifu, too. Can't wait to delve into my SH3 archive.
>>
>>28068743
Angela: You see it too? For me, it's always like this.
i got goosebumps, bruv.
Angela: [lying on the floor, holding and staring at a kitchen knife] Oh, it's you...
James Sunderland: Yeah... I'm James.
Angela: [sighs] Angela.
James Sunderland: Angela, okay. I don't know what you're planning, but there's always another way.
Angela: Really? But... you're the same as me. It's easier just to run, besides, it's what we deserve.
James Sunderland: No! I'm not like you!
Angela: Are you *afraid*? I... I'm sorry...
angela was deff a tragic character.
>>
>>28069169
don't touch her

you don't deserve her if you're going to post her lewds for all to see

heather would surely perish if she saw herself shamed before robots
>>
File: James Reflection.jpg (826 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
James Reflection.jpg
826 KB, 2000x1333
>>28069247
Awesome conversation, amazing writing.

Also, I love that James says, "I'd never kill... myself"
>>
>>28069058
to be honest i was tending to her wanting to kill her but this photo is a good point since stuff like that would be they way the game likes to present facts of this kind. now that i think about it the fact that she has to search her mother whiel she seemed to live together with her brother and father could mean that they live separetly. this way it's only logical that he rmothers place would be seen as a safe haven for angela. i might have actually changed my opinion whiel writing this wow...
i think the line "even mama said i deserved what happened" hit me so hard i couldn't imagine angela "resting" in any way, but the "even" in this sentence would imply that there a huge diffenrece between the cruelty angela had to endure from her parents. since we don't know the context angelas mother saying that she deserved what happened might be not that bad or misunderstood.
>>
File: Laura In Pachislot Game.png (87 KB, 329x428) Image search: [Google]
Laura In Pachislot Game.png
87 KB, 329x428
>>28069267
Kek, I'm not going to post anymore lewds robot, I only have one or two anyways.

She is most definitely a virgin, I can tell you that, based on all of the enemy designs in 3. She is a pure woman, and I will respect her.
>>
Am i the only one who dislikes SH3?

I mean, the story and the atmosphere was amazing but the amount of enemies was just stupid

I could never pay attention to the music, or the little details in the walls or the floor because i was busy running away from +3 monster.

It's a pity, it was decent but i could not get to enjoy because of that
>>
File: top shelf.gif (1 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
top shelf.gif
1 MB, 217x217
>>28069148
>Although it doesn't really make sense to make an SH2 based movie without Pyramid Head- Pyramid Head was created and designed custom for James.
which made no sense why they chose to include PH in the 2 movies, but i get it, shock value. it's a shame cause they can't reuse the character without coming off stale.
they would have to make a completely different antagonist for james, which reflects his psyche just as brilliantly. tricky, i know, but SH2 has such a great story.

haha, oh you bastard. cheers. then there's whole mannequin rape scene, i was left utterly flabbergasted.
>>
File: Heather_smile.png (705 KB, 1394x865) Image search: [Google]
Heather_smile.png
705 KB, 1394x865
>>28069295
Thank you.

I will let you look at her once more then I must leave.
>>
File: Angela Nooooo.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Angela Nooooo.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>28069291
That's a great point, that we don't know the context. I mean, it's never justifiable to say that- but that compared to what her father and brother did to her? Child's play. The novelization does have her mother living with her and the rest of the family, though. I still believe that Angela, even just by virtue of them both being females, loves her mom and seeks her out in the hopes of having some human/close to healthy relationship. She obviously can't trust man- pic related. She's terrified even of a kind man like James. It would make sense that her mom is the only person she could connect to.
>>
>>28069247
for some reason i always thought if i hadto describe the appeal of the game with one line it would be this "are you afraid?". i here the pharse "hauntingly beautiful" a lot about this game but it fits best to this one sentence.
>>
>>28069339
What about the rusty bondage woman in revelations who had sawblades sticking out of her head? The one who cut Harry in half?

Cringe is that.
>>
File: silent hill franchise.jpg (20 KB, 432x358) Image search: [Google]
silent hill franchise.jpg
20 KB, 432x358
>>28069393
You mean the cenobite that got lost on the way to the Hellraiser set?
>>
File: Pyramid Head Rapes Lying Figure.gif (976 KB, 450x405) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid Head Rapes Lying Figure.gif
976 KB, 450x405
>>28069332
I heard another anon say he dislikes it, so no it's not just you. The amount of enemies is actually around the same as SH2- they're just much harder to avoid than Lying Figures and Mannequins.

I get that though. I hope you can enjoy it someday.
>>28069339
Yeah, they included him for brand recognition. Makes no sense lore wise- but he's iconic!

He actually isn't raping the mannequins, common misconception! He is just trying to shove them down the garbage disposal of the sink. However, he does molest a Lying Figure, as seen in this gif. When you enter the stairwell to fight him, you see him doing this along with loud moans. He's a cheeky bastard. He's also just James, a duality of him at least
>>28069351
Thank you, friend, and I hope to hear from you again later. That's a great picture of her- I saved it.
>>28069367
That's a good way to put it.
>>
>>28069148
>>28069355
>>28069451
Jesus christ OP, you literally have every little detail memorized and pictures of everything. You belong on here, not /v/, your autism is unmatched.
>>
File: Abstract Daddy Smaller.jpg (209 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Abstract Daddy Smaller.jpg
209 KB, 1360x768
>>28069485
That's a high compliment to me- thank you!

Fun fact- the smaller Abstract Daddies in the hotel represent Angela's brother.
>>
>>28069277
The dialogue is superb. Mostly every interaction is nicely done, even with eddie, though i fucking hated that guy

[James enters the slaughterhouse where Eddie is nowhere to be seen after the first fight against him]
Eddie Dombrowski: Do you know what it does to you, James? When you're hated, picked on, spit on, just cause of the way you look? After you've been laughed at your whole friggin' life? That's why I ran away after I killed that dog. I ran away like a scared little girl. Yeah, I killed that dog. It was fun! It tried to chew its own guts up, finally died all curled up in a ball. Then "he" came after me, I shot him too, right in the leg. He cried more than the dog, hah, hah, hah, hah!
[the door that James opened after entering the slaughterhouse closes tight behind him]
Eddie Dombrowski: He's gonna have a hard time playing football on what's left of that knee.
James Sunderland: You think it's okay to kill people? You need help, Eddie.
Eddie Dombrowski: Don't get so holy on me, James. This town called you, too. You and me are the same. We're not like other people. Don't you know that?
>>
File: tumblr_liydhoqfQJ1qcwtmwo1_500.jpg (41 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_liydhoqfQJ1qcwtmwo1_500.jpg
41 KB, 500x303
>There will never be a scene more visually striking in all of vidya
>Roger Ebert chose Clive Barker's Jericho over this to decide the artistic validity of vidya
>>
File: Eddie Portrait.png (106 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Portrait.png
106 KB, 240x240
>>28069539
Same- and the stilted voice acting is so good. People complain that it's bad and weird- it's meant to be weird! These are severely stunted characters. They're meant to be barely capable of communicating with each other.

Also fun fact- Ito confirmed, Ito only killed the football player's dog, he's never actually killed anyone- just talks big. The two Pyramid Heads at the end of the game represent the two people James has killed- Eddie and Mary.
>>
File: 1401185948796.jpg (68 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1401185948796.jpg
68 KB, 900x900
>>28069539
>Do you know what it does to you, James? When you're hated, picked on, spit on, just cause of the way you look? After you've been laughed at your whole friggin' life?
>>
File: Amy's Drawing of Ernest.png (243 KB, 941x491) Image search: [Google]
Amy's Drawing of Ernest.png
243 KB, 941x491
>>28069570
I could go on for hours about why SH2 is the prime example of video games being art. Think about this- it tells the story in a way no other medium could. The environment designs, the enemy designs, they tell you just about everything. A movie or a song, could never pull that off.
>>
File: Eddie Final Model.png (509 KB, 678x760) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Final Model.png
509 KB, 678x760
>>28069592
Fun fact- he was inspired by the Columbine Massacre.
>>
>>28069618
He looks nothing like those guys
>>
>>28069367
Mmmm. Agreed. Nice job there.
>>
File: Eddie Pachislot Game.png (80 KB, 430x416) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Pachislot Game.png
80 KB, 430x416
>>28069641
I'm not saying he looks like them- his story is inspired by them.

His appearance is based on one of Sato's friends.
>>
>>28069393
yeah, that was a miss, but then again revelations in itself was wholly cringey.

>>28069432
kek'd hard
>>
File: Angela's Hair Pin.png (646 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
Angela's Hair Pin.png
646 KB, 800x720
>>28069683
Do you see the download links? Follow the instructions, google PSX emulator, you should be able to find one and easily install, use the settings for the emulator seen in the pic attached to all the download links, you should be good to go. Alternatively you can get it for $6 on the the PSN store and play it on your PS3.
>>
>there was a time when Konami released an MGS game and a Silent Hill game in the same year
>There was a time when MGSV was going to be good and Silent Hills was going to come out

I want someone to take these nightmare goggles off
>>
>>28069760
It's a terrible world we live in.
>>
>>28069512
>Fun fact- the smaller Abstract Daddies in the hotel represent Angela's brother.

Not just her rapist brother. They were traumatic memories of her father, Thomas Orosco, raping and sexually abusing her on a bed too.
>>
File: Abstract Daddy Model.png (822 KB, 1533x642) Image search: [Google]
Abstract Daddy Model.png
822 KB, 1533x642
>>28069803
I know pham, but the boss Abstract Daddy is the one who represent Thomas Orosco- that's the one she drops the TV on. The smaller ones that populate the hotel are represent her brother, because although smaller than her dad he still abused her.
>>
>>28069840
thansk a lot! i never had a good explanation for this since i heard peopel saying how lame it is that they "reusing" this boss i really needed a good explanation. i never noticed that they are smaller to be honest...
>>
>>28067646
>with hundreds of images
Does that include rule 34?

>Tfw baww'd when I beat SH2
>Tfw have wanted to play it for years but I have graphical issues that prevent me from playing/enjoying it
Feels bad man. SH2 was best, although I really love SH3, too. Glad you're still here, OP. I remember your first thread.

Also I think I'll try your copy of SH2... maybe it'll work. ;__;

>NoCD folder is empty
Niggaaaaaaaaaa... or is it just me?
>>
File: Abstract Daddy Render.png (1 MB, 1560x1111) Image search: [Google]
Abstract Daddy Render.png
1 MB, 1560x1111
>>28069982
No problem man, it's one of the most interesting little pieces of lore in my eyes.
>>28069983
There are a few images that are of a lewd nature, but they're only from SH3
I'm flattered, thank you for the kind words. I love SH3 almost as much as 2 as well.

Definitely use those download links, they work like a charm and include all of the fixes you need for beautiful widescreen HD Silent Hill. It works like a charm for me and everyone else.
>>
>>28069587
>fun fact
"In the initial stages of the scenario, Eddie was actually a very cheerful character. Therefore, the name was borrowed from Eddie Murphy. In the end however, we changed his personality completely."
It is possible that Eddie's surname is borrowed from Louise Dombrowski from Twin Peaks, considering how often the series is referenced throughout the games.

:^)
>>
File: Pyramid Head Concept Art 3.jpg (132 KB, 561x800) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid Head Concept Art 3.jpg
132 KB, 561x800
>>28070040
That's right m8, although I'd wager it's more than just possible Dombrowski is straight from Twin Peaks- Lynch was a huge inspiration for Silent Hill, I'm sure it's intentional.
>>
>>28070021
There has to be lewd Marias around. I mean, dayum
James Sunderland: How do you know about that? Aren't you Maria?
Maria: I'm not your Mary.
James Sunderland: So you're Maria then?
Maria: I am... if you want me to be.
James Sunderland: What I want from you is an answer!
Maria: It doesn't matter who I am. I'm here for you James.
[touches him]
Maria: See? I'm real.
>>
File: Maria Getting Key For James.jpg (613 KB, 1526x927) Image search: [Google]
Maria Getting Key For James.jpg
613 KB, 1526x927
>>28070198
I don't have any saved, but I can confirm that there are many out there. Considering going an having a look pretty soon here. There's gotta be some good ones.

Silent Hill games really nailed sex, in every way. Even the girls are inexplicably sexy. Like, crazy sexy, even if they're just innocent and cute like Heather.
>>
File: 2436710-1639032831-Silen.jpg (2 MB, 1772x1359) Image search: [Google]
2436710-1639032831-Silen.jpg
2 MB, 1772x1359
I know I should play Silent Hill 2 but I know so much about it and I've seen so much I don't know if I should spend the 35 bucks to get a copy...

But I hear such accolades about it, and I do love what I do know about it.
>>
>>28069592
Eddie: He always busted my balls. "You fat, disgusting piece of shit! You make me sick! Fat-ass, yer nothin' but a waste of skin! You're so ugly, even your mama don't love you!" Well maybe he was right. Maybe I am nothing but a fat disgusting piece of shit. But ya know what? It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty... it's all the same once yer dead... and a corpse can't laugh. From now on, if anyone makes fun of me... I'll kill 'em. Just like that.

Fun fact:
Across from the room where James first meets Eddie is a room full of football posters, and even a poster that has "Physical beauty" written on it, a probable reference to themes of body image and body dysmorphia. This alludes to the football player that Eddie had shot in the knee.
>>
File: Pyramid Head Misty Day.png (739 KB, 871x593) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid Head Misty Day.png
739 KB, 871x593
>>28070281
Don't spend the money when you could get it for free! Look above, I posted the download links, they include all the widescreen fixes and so on, runs beautifully. Give it a try, it's one of the best games ever made.
Your Misty Day is a little off color though.
>>
File: APRVL.png (116 KB, 900x745) Image search: [Google]
APRVL.png
116 KB, 900x745
I love you, op.

SPAGHETTI
>>
>>28070293
Your pulling these babies straight from the wiki man- no shame in that though, it's a great source, so long as you avoid SH4's controversy. Apparently some mod on there got obsessed with circumcision and insisted all the lore of SH4 was directly related to circumcision trauma.

Here's a picture of what you're referring to by the way, this is in the room you first encounter Eddie, 102 I believe.
>>
File: Maria In Heaven's Night.png (1 MB, 1350x864) Image search: [Google]
Maria In Heaven's Night.png
1 MB, 1350x864
>>28070358
Thank you very much, I always really appreciate the kind words! Keeps me going since I'm running on no sleep.
>>
>>28070236
Haha true. I had a thing for Cybil before Heather came along
>>
File: Maria Concept Model.jpg (19 KB, 443x315) Image search: [Google]
Maria Concept Model.jpg
19 KB, 443x315
>>28070459
True, she was a cutie back in the day too. Even Lisa was a really good looking lady.

Sato is just an incredible animator I guess.
>>
>>28070367
>Apparently some mod on there got obsessed with circumcision and insisted all the lore of SH4 was directly related to circumcision trauma.
Huh. That's...something. I guess I can see that though. ...Sort of. Maybe. Wow.
>>
>>28069760
>>28069778

Also wanted to mention OP that I feel the same way about MGS2 as you do about Silent Hill 2.

Zone of the Enders 2 is also one of my favorite ever games, and I'd trade my left nut for a third game.

I feel like we're living in the worst possible future or something. Konami isn't even a shell of what it once was. Yeah, I get pachinko is more profitable, but these fucking games were pushing the medium in different ways; they were actual fucking art. Goddamn.
>>
The actress that played Heather in the second movie is so fuckin' cute!
>>
File: Lying Figure Manual.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Lying Figure Manual.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
>>28070537
He was obsessed with it and deleted all the articles/paragraphs that didn't mention Walter's circumcision trauma.

He's been kicked now for vandalizing the wiki so profoundly.
>>
>>28070491
Is it bad that Lisa reminded me of Cameron Diaz in the same way that Maria now reminds me of Anna Gunn, aka Skyler White? 10 years ago Anna would've been the goat actress for Maria.
>>
File: SH3 Mary Reference.png (191 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
SH3 Mary Reference.png
191 KB, 640x480
>>28070554
I don't feel the same passion, but I do love MGS2 so much. It's my favorite MGS game for sure. Amazing stuff. It predicted the future so well.

A shame Konami is so ass now. Although corporate Konami was always terrible- they succeeded in spite of corporate because Kojima and Team Silent are amazing.
>>28070559
She's got nothing on the real Heather.

Here's a great reference you get if you have SH2 save data on your hard drive in SH3- you get this when you check the mail at Heather's apartment.
>>
File: very intriguing, i say.gif (2 MB, 250x303) Image search: [Google]
very intriguing, i say.gif
2 MB, 250x303
>>28070554
>Zone of the Enders 3
>Silent Hills
triggered
>>
File: Maria And Christina.png (99 KB, 248x328) Image search: [Google]
Maria And Christina.png
99 KB, 248x328
>>28070583
I can kind of see Cameron Diaz, but holy shit I can see Anna Gunn as Maria so clearly. Nice observation.

Here is the inspiration for Maria's outfit- Christina Aguilera's outfit at the 1999 Teen Choice Awards.
>>
File: Mary Con Air Picture.jpg (222 KB, 399x589) Image search: [Google]
Mary Con Air Picture.jpg
222 KB, 399x589
Here is a favorite, whenever I post it people love it.

Mary and Laura's look comes straight from the movie Con Air.
>>
>>28070021
YASSSSSSSSS. IT WORKS. I CAN PLAY SH2 AGAIN FINALLY. WHY IS OP SO #BASED?

>Tfw can't play it right now tho, just did a test run and now I need to sleep
>>
File: Mary's Dress.jpg (356 KB, 1182x972) Image search: [Google]
Mary's Dress.jpg
356 KB, 1182x972
>>28070769
Don't flatter me anon, another anon put these together, I just keep them reposted because everyone ought to experience the series.

I am super happy to hear it works though, enjoy it when you get to play it! Sleep tight and have sweet dreams, no Restless Dreams.
>>
>>28069355
fuck... all the talk about sad parts and i just forgot about lisa garland even though she might be my favourite character. i know you are mostly Sh2 and 3 but whats your opinion about her? i think the most interesting argument about her is if she is the actual lisa garland in the game or just alessas view of her. also... are you ok with her character in origins?
>>
File: Lying Figure Introduction.png (1 MB, 1600x948) Image search: [Google]
Lying Figure Introduction.png
1 MB, 1600x948
>>28070931
I really like Lisa, I think she's an interesting character, in a way her background mirrors Angela's with being used by men what with Kaufman. The Origins version... I'm a little torn on. I think her being flirtatious like that is a decent idea, but nobody can beat Maria as far as Silent Hill temptresses go. I do like Kaufman affair storyline in Origins, however briefly it is touched on.

Also personally I think Lisa is less tragic than Alessa herself, I mean, she was so severely abused and tortured that when Lisa just cared for her the littlest bit, she thought she was an angel. It's terribly sad.

But yes, Lisa is an awesome character.
>>
File: 1461330305434.jpg (114 KB, 661x749) Image search: [Google]
1461330305434.jpg
114 KB, 661x749
>>28067801
>https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

>4.3 gigs on MEGA free

this is gonna take like a week to download Jesus fuck

But thanks anyway, anon. You said it's all patched and fixed already? My computer is such a piece of shit I don't even know if it'll work (defective overheating GPU from 2008)
>>
File: Angela SH2 Cover.png (777 KB, 650x938) Image search: [Google]
Angela SH2 Cover.png
777 KB, 650x938
>>28071032
It's not fixed already, but it has the fixes in the folder, labelled and everything, they're easy to apply and have a readme. Basically you just replace the exe and set your resolution in the ini, and that's that.

It should work just fine, 2 and 3's ports came out in 2003 and ran well even back then, so they should work on a shitty 2008 computer. If not, there are graphical options to reduce the fog a little bit which help a lot.
>>
>>28071018
yeah you're right about alessa but i think lisas "death" scene and her overall presence made her more apperent in SH1 than Alessa. Her story might be the sadder one but it's high points are in SH3.
i admit that the idea of lisa actually having a different persoanilty than alessa saw in her is interesting but i don't think it's well executed in origins and if i'm honest to myself i like lisa in SH1 so much that i don't want to see her in another way.
also the hospital basement rooms were alessa was lying might be the most horrifying part of all games for me. first this fuckign elevator button really got to me and then i almost paniced in these basement rooms without the map. staying in alessas room really made me feel unconfortable.
sadly i have to go now i might join later if the thread is still up. thanks for makign these, this was probably the best discussion about video game si had in a long time (=
>>
File: Maria At Rosewater Park 2.gif (2 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
Maria At Rosewater Park 2.gif
2 MB, 245x200
>>28071273
Damn I kind of forgot to give my thoughts on that theory- same here, I don't think the difference was executed tastefully enough- it was too heavyhanded, and I like Lisa in SH1 so much too. I don't think there's really all that much basis for it being Alessa's vision anyways. I completely forgot about Lisa's death scene so I just went back and rewatched it- you're right, sadder than I remember that's for sure.

That elevator button is a classic.

No problem, I hope you have a good time doing whatever you're off to do, it was really good talking to you friend!
>>
File: 1461343085259.jpg (38 KB, 372x378) Image search: [Google]
1461343085259.jpg
38 KB, 372x378
>>28071084

Trying it out now. Had to install the mega extension, and then there was an error at 10 percent.

I hope this works, anon.

In any case, I appreciate your time and effort.

Wouldn't hesitate to just go buy a copy if I wasn't so fucking poor and barely employed right now, since I prefer having physical games and using consoles to PCshit T B H
>>
>>28070636
>Christina Aguilera's outfit at the 1999 Teen Choice Awards.
Yup, I'm looking up 99' Christina and Maria lewds now simultaneously, goddamnit.

>>28070679
>sigh
90's Monica Potter too...
>>
>>28071386
I think it goes faster if you install mega, I hope it works too, the other guy got it going and everyone who has tried seems to have gotten it, so I'm sure it will work. I didn't put these together though, another kind anon did, I just keep them reposted.

Also don't worry about downloading it for free- buying a copy can only be done secondhand, and they push $75-$100 on the PC, used. I'm lucky enough to have original PS2 copies, even those are expensive as hell nowadays.

Hope it works friend, let me know if there are any issues and I'll try to help.
>>
File: lel.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>28070808
I see what you did there. Nice one.
>>
File: Mary And James At Lakeview.png (144 KB, 266x398) Image search: [Google]
Mary And James At Lakeview.png
144 KB, 266x398
>>28071422
If you find any good Maria lewds, feel free to post them pham.

Kek'd by the way

Here's a very rare picture. No one can seem to find the source.
>>
>>28071430

I'd be ordering the greatest hits version of SH2 for PS2; don't care about owning PC games much.

Speaking of, I need to hurry up and grab one of those Dell business desktops on Ebay for 200 bucks before they clear out; this thing I'm on is pretty much on life support.
>>
File: Hospital Room.jpg (226 KB, 1100x618) Image search: [Google]
Hospital Room.jpg
226 KB, 1100x618
>>28071450
Thanks my man.

I'm going to share a little write up I did about the environment design in SH2:

I'm going to explain why I really like the environment design of SH2 really quickly, and what I believe them to mean lorewise:
The standard issue Silent Hill environment in SH2 is washed out- it's how the apartments look, it's how the Lakeview Hotel looks, it's how the prison looks, it's how the hospital looks before the Otherworld. Everything looks like it has been flooded in the past, everything is water damaged. My interpretation of this is that it represents two things- one, James' intention of killing himself in Silent Hill, which is confirmed in the novelization which uses the In Water ending. His suicidal ideation is apparent numerous times, when he looks at Angela's knife, reading the journal on top of the hospital, it represents his future intentions of driving his car into Toluca Lake and drowning himself. But it also represents too much water- flooding means too much water, and what does too much water mean? Drowning. Drowning=suffocation. It's James' psyche projecting his repressed knowledge of suffocating Mary onto the environment.

The other interesting thing, pic related, is the Otherworld design- notice that everything is tightly wrapped in cloth- in my opinion this has two meanings. One, something in James' psyche is hidden, "under-wraps"- the fact he killed Mary. Two, look how tightly everything is constricted by cloth- it reflects the tight restriction of the pillow on Mary's face, suffocating her. It's too tight to breathe.
>>
File: Maria's Medicine Bottle.png (60 KB, 304x401) Image search: [Google]
Maria's Medicine Bottle.png
60 KB, 304x401
>>28071487
Do it, besides the PC version that is the definitive version.

You better get on that man, you don't want to lose all your shit.
>>
File: 1461344632618.jpg (43 KB, 796x804) Image search: [Google]
1461344632618.jpg
43 KB, 796x804
>>28071430
>>28071487

Keeps flopping between 10 and 11 percent and it's stuck there.

Fuck I hate MEGA.

Looks like God doesn't want me to have free anything, that fucking cunt.
>>
>>28071018
Who's more tragic: Alessa from SH or Angela from SH2?
>>
File: Mary In Boat.jpg (39 KB, 532x719) Image search: [Google]
Mary In Boat.jpg
39 KB, 532x719
>>28071552
That's bizarre, I'm testing it out now and it's making it past there for me.

Might be worth resetting your router/modem whatever, or just restarting your computer if it continues to not work. That's really bizarre. I posted my email up in >>28067905
if it ends up not working, give me an email and I'll reupload and make my own mega, then you can try that one. I'll email you the link when I get it done, but that won't be til tomorrow.
>>28071558
You know, Angela is my favorite side character, but that is a really tough choice. I was going to say Alessa right away because she's a child, but Angela is too, honestly. Even just talking to her you can tell, she's so stunted she's basically 7 years old.

I am going to say that, at the very least, Alessa reincarnates in Heather, who avenges Harry and clears up the whole God nonsense once and for all, so at least she has a good final conclusion, whereas Angela believed she deserved it to the very moment she died. So, Angela is slightly more tragic in my eyes.
>>
File: qt.jpg (182 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
182 KB, 1400x1050
Hi, OP. You can have this. It's yours now.
>>
File: SH3 OC 1.jpg (39 KB, 571x619) Image search: [Google]
SH3 OC 1.jpg
39 KB, 571x619
>>28071748
Thank you friend!
That reminds me, I made a few SH3 pictures since I just finished SH3 again last night.
>>
>>28067646
How does it feel to waste your life on a game thats worse than RE 1?
>>
File: SH3 OC 3.jpg (70 KB, 838x779) Image search: [Google]
SH3 OC 3.jpg
70 KB, 838x779
>>28071768
Here's another originaleoeo
>>
File: SH3 OC 2.jpg (40 KB, 610x608) Image search: [Google]
SH3 OC 2.jpg
40 KB, 610x608
>>28071780
Feels good to waste my life on a game that's better than RE 1. Not to disparage RE1 though, that game is a masterpiece, especially REmake.

Here's my last image, I like this one a lot.
>>
File: akariend.png (276 KB, 419x398) Image search: [Google]
akariend.png
276 KB, 419x398
>>28071654

I don't know why. MEGA has worked like shit for me for several years now; I can't imagine it's the connection, since I don't have problems with the other shit.

Maybe I'll try it out in Chrome instead of Firefox.

Thanks for the offer though, anon, you're sweet.
>>
File: Mary Portrait 1.png (285 KB, 496x564) Image search: [Google]
Mary Portrait 1.png
285 KB, 496x564
>>28071798
And that's it for my SH3 OC
Love that game, and I love Heather. Such a sweet girl.
>>
>>28067646
Do you think we will ever see a game that can match up with the SH series ever again? Like in terms of atmosphere, horror, music, etc?
>>
File: Maria Concept Art 1.jpg (19 KB, 257x600) Image search: [Google]
Maria Concept Art 1.jpg
19 KB, 257x600
>>28071848
It's not big deal anon, really though if it doesn't end up working shoot me an email, it would only take me a few minutes. Just wouldn't get around to it until tomorrow because I haven't slept so I'm too tired to dabble with it now. It's really not a bother though.
>>
>Shill 2 better than RE 1
>even the biohazard playstation is shits all over the whole Shill franchise
>getting btfo'd by pixelated beret Jill
wew
>>
File: Maria Save Menu.png (440 KB, 710x600) Image search: [Google]
Maria Save Menu.png
440 KB, 710x600
>>28071862
No, I don't. I wish I could give a better answer but I just don't think anything is going to match SH2 or SH3. Everything is right with these games, everything is right, everything is intentional, they're pretty close to perfect in my eyes.

I really hope we see something though, and I would love to be proven completely wrong.
>>
File: James Black And White.jpg (174 KB, 698x455) Image search: [Google]
James Black And White.jpg
174 KB, 698x455
>>28071890
>implying the environment design, enemy design, characters, music, or story have anything on Silent Hill 2
>getting btfo'd by an incredibly handsome James Sunderland
wew
>>
>>28071915
I got to agree with you anon. I have thought on this before. I have came to the same conclusion. We won't ever really be seeing any game quite like these games ever again. This industry plays it too safe to make unique games anymore.
>>
I've never seen a PS2 game that pushed the graphical limits than SH2-4
> how did team silent do this
> is there any other game that modeled people/environment better than SH in your opinion
>>
>>28071942
>that Caitlyn Jenner trap look
>handsome
>getting btfo'd by Barry
I could've just mentioned Downpour and ended this a long time ago anon
>>
File: James Truth And Body.png (556 KB, 639x767) Image search: [Google]
James Truth And Body.png
556 KB, 639x767
>>28071972
It's a shame, but I think you are right.

Even looking back, games like this were not the norm. I mean, SH2 and SH3, even SH1, we remember them so fondly because there's nothing like them. They have that unique "western done by Japan" kind of feeling, they have an ambiguity dated only by a vhs tape when it comes to the time period they take place in, the music cannot be replicated, it's just astounding, and that's why I do what I do- to appreciate what we do have.
>>
>>28071558
>>28071654
Who's the most tragic main character in the whole series?
>>
If any of you in this thread aren't newfags than answer this question:

Is there a Silent Hill Arcade game?
>>
File: 35463434666a.jpg (86 KB, 900x692) Image search: [Google]
35463434666a.jpg
86 KB, 900x692
>>28071452
There's only a handful of good sadly.

>No one can seem to find the source.
What do you mean? Wasn't that image included in the art of japanese version of the game?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (113 KB, 1331x841) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
113 KB, 1331x841
>>28072000
How did they do it? Well they mocapped the actual acting, but the facial animations were handmade by Sato, who is incredibly talented. His attention to detail is unprecedented. He made the entire SH1 cutscenes by sneaking in for overtime, which impressed Sony enough to get funding.
>is there any other game that modeled people/environment better than SH in your opinion
pic related
I don't have to say much besides that this was created in 2003. Never been surpassed, except maybe by Uncharted 4, maybe.
>>28072032
I could have mentioned Operation Raccoon City.
>implying Barry has anything on James
You should have said Homecoming by the way, Downpour is not even 1% as terrible as Homecoming. I could explain why if you really want.
>>
File: Mary Illness.jpg (141 KB, 948x591) Image search: [Google]
Mary Illness.jpg
141 KB, 948x591
>>28072036
My opinion, Henry. He did nothing wrong besides rent the wrong apartment.

All joking aside, Alessa/Cheryl get's her revenge as Heather, so I'd say James.
>verbally abused by wife
>she was horridly ill, pic related
>sexually frustrated, couldn't do anything with his wife because of the illness
>doctors didn't care, barely showed affection
>only nice nurse was Rachel
>thinks frequently about suicide
>alternatively, is so mentally broken he uses evil magic to try and revive his wife
James... had a hard life.
>>28072104
Yes there is.
>>28072128
Kek, Pyramid Head is Chad.
No, not that I can find. It's not in the Book of Lost Memories, it's not on the Lost Memories art DVD, it's not in the game, where it comes from is a mystery as far as I can tell. I haven't looked too hard, but a reverse image search brings up nothing besides the wiki I got it from.
>>
>>28072141
>racoon city
>canon
Nice try but no one expected much from mini ova game that was meant to be a filler anyways. Too bad downpour and homecoming were actual full installments in the main series.
>implying anyone's manlier than Barry
You already fucked yourself up my man
>>
File: 1456995518808.png (114 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1456995518808.png
114 KB, 800x585
who here still has a crt tv and a ps2 fat they wip out to play this gem and a few others?
Doesn't get any comfier
>>
File: James Trips.gif (1019 KB, 260x173) Image search: [Google]
James Trips.gif
1019 KB, 260x173
>>28072302
Did Barry reach in a slimehole for a key?
Did Barry reach in a shitty toilet for a wallet without rolling his sleeves up?
Did Barry jump down miles of black holes with no bottom in sight just because?
Did Barry shoot at a giant rapist monster while hiding in the closet, exposing his position for no reason?
Did Barry kick two demons asses so hard they killed themselves?
Did Barry kill himself?
I don't remember that happening in Revelations 2.
True, Downpour and Homecoming are canon. Downpour makes no mention or impact on the canon however, besides a few easter eggs. Homecoming is the real disaster.
>>
File: James Portrait.png (487 KB, 1083x1126) Image search: [Google]
James Portrait.png
487 KB, 1083x1126
>>28072317
I don't have a crt anymore but the PS2 fat and an original copy of SH2, feels good pham.
>>
>>28072358
>Barry was only in Revelations
Also no
he's only useful
>>
>>28072525
I was just saying that because I thought Barry was the manliest in Revelations 2. He was a fucking badass.

I'm just joking around though pham, I love RE .
>>
>>28072550
>Barry was the manliest in Revelations not during RE 1 live action character introduction
>"i luv re"
Back to plebbit
>>
>>28072608
He looks like a fat pussy in that introduction though. James is twice the man Barry ever was.
>>
I'm not joking when I say I really hate you and your pointless fetish for shitty game franchises
>>
File: Mary Bedridden.png (350 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
Mary Bedridden.png
350 KB, 800x640
>>28072659
I appreciate the bump, thank you friend.
>>
>>28072667
Idc. It's just you and me at this point. Even if your threads get more replies actually I hope they do so you get encouraged to continue slaving away your time on this shitty franchise. Also none of the characters are attractive and the story makes no sense
>>
File: 1458243068528.png (346 KB, 546x546) Image search: [Google]
1458243068528.png
346 KB, 546x546
>>28072782
Like I said, the bumps are appreciated. I don't consider it slaving away- this is what I do in my free time. Although I was about to take off pretty soon to get some food.
>>
File: 35463434666a.jpg (131 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
35463434666a.jpg
131 KB, 1200x750
>>28072201
yeah, i can't find anything either so far. hmm, strange.
>>28072782
i'm still here tho
>>
>>28072833
I hope you get hit by a prison bus.
>>
File: Maria Concept Art 4.jpg (239 KB, 566x700) Image search: [Google]
Maria Concept Art 4.jpg
239 KB, 566x700
>>28072864
She looks a little beat in that one but she's still pretty good.
>>
File: Maria In The Dog Ending.png (462 KB, 799x729) Image search: [Google]
Maria In The Dog Ending.png
462 KB, 799x729
>>28072874
Prison bus's do have a bad history in Silent Hill
>>
File: 35463434666b.png (292 KB, 463x379) Image search: [Google]
35463434666b.png
292 KB, 463x379
>>28072782
>none of the characters are attractive
implying you wouldn't fuck mary/maria
>>
>tfw someone else is a Silent Hill obsessive

Back in high school I'd always invite my friends (inb4 normie pls go) over to play Silent Hill 2. Just about every one of them has played it and I must have seen that game dozens of times, both with people and on my own.

Back when Nvidia 3d Vision was a thing people cared about I got a 3d projector system set up, largely just for Silent Hill. It's hard to match the sense of "nope" you get when you see those apartment corridors stretch 20 feet into the wall. One of the favorite memories is taking it to a childhood friend's house, hooking it up to his laptop, and playing SH2 with some of his friends. His laptop ran Vista and we didn't know you had to do some stuff to fix compatibility - we were playing at 3AM and people freaked when the screen faded to red at the first save point, and then the game froze. One guy fell asleep before we started and woke up with a, "What the fuck?!" to the sounds of a mannequin getting beaten to death.

Have a rare James for your time, OP.
>>
>>28072864
>>28073013
>implying I'd cameron diaz over jill valentine ever
>>
File: Mary In Book of Memories.png (154 KB, 402x325) Image search: [Google]
Mary In Book of Memories.png
154 KB, 402x325
>>28073013
Your observation of her being Maria is so spot on I can't unsee it. Nice man, really.

Anyways, I am going to be gone for a while guys, I am going to go grab some lunch/dinner. If the thread is still up or alive when I come back, I'll jump right in. Otherwise, thank you for a great thread friends, I love talking to you guys.
>>
>>28073047
>>28073047
living the fucking dream, man. i wish I was you. I've played fatal frame with a friend a few times in my dorm. fun stuff.
>>
File: James Meets Harry.jpg (56 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
James Meets Harry.jpg
56 KB, 800x598
>>28073047
I'm glad you love it so much man. Those sounds like good memories.

Guy Cihi is so cool. I'm going to retell this stoyr really quick before I go:
The HD Collection got all new professional voices for SH2 and SH3, but the fans hated it. Konami refused to pay any royalties to the original voice actors. So Guy, knowing a lot of people loved their voice acting and preferred it, in fact the majority of people do, got all the voice actors together to sign a waiver, allowing them to have it for free, just out of the kindness of his heart.
He's an awesome guy. Originally got the job of James by accident- he was just bringing his daughter in to audition.

Alright, probably talk to you guys in a little while.
>>
>>28071915
Fans and developers are too quick to blow their load. A silent hill game in 2016 will have
> muh guilt from murdering someone
> muh slutty nurses
> muh PH-style punisher
> muh rust
> muh the order
> being in the otherworld in twenty minutes
Silent Hill above all else valued atmosphere and ambiguity. Story building and character development is essential, and each Silent Hill was treated as a new world, it didn't rely on what they thought fans wanted to see. In SH3 Valtiel was not PH. It would have been so easy to think he was because of the PH meme of SH2, but instead he was some guy who worked for god behind the scenes, which was why you always saw his ass behind the scenes. He was unnerving, but he wasn't central to the plot, he just was there.

The next Silent Hill needs to create its own bible instead of chasing lore and remember that some things just are.
>>
>>28073057
whut? jill valentine??
>>
>>28073066
thanks bruv. because i like the cut of your jib, that's a big compliment. it sort of gives me an urge to find other actors/actresses that would fit SH perfectly. i doubt i'd hit any on the head as well as anna gunn tho.
enjoy your meal man. i'll try to bump as much as i can with relevant information in an attempt to keep this thread going
>>
>>28073047
>>28073047
>Back in high school I'd always invite my friends over to play Silent Hill 2
dude. this. we played through 1-3 over the course of many nights, with the lights off and surround sound. even with a room full of people we'd still get fucking scared and have to leave in groups instead of trekking it back home alone. i remember i had the static sound as my ringtone for the longest time; i got spooked this one time while i was walking home around 1am and all of a sudden i got a call. i nearly leapt in the air, haha
>>
File: WalterEileen.png (256 KB, 414x296) Image search: [Google]
WalterEileen.png
256 KB, 414x296
>>28073382
Oh, to do that again. Doubt it would happen with 20-somethings nowadays but it's worth a shot. For me it was always 2-4 rather than 1-3; I'm rather fond of Walter-kun.
>>
File: 35463434666a.jpg (42 KB, 630x437) Image search: [Google]
35463434666a.jpg
42 KB, 630x437
did anyone else have a hard time protecting maria? it seemed like she wanted to die.
fun fact:
The nurses of Silent Hill 2 in Brookhaven Hospital are called Bubble Head Nurses, and are manifested from the mind of protagonist James Sunderland, combining his anxieties surrounding his wife's terminal illness and his sexual deprivation that came with it. Here, the nurses wear low-cut blouses with the first several buttons undone to display their cleavage; their heads face downward and are swollen and covered in gauze, and they twitch and convulse violently, as if about to burst.
>>
>>28073455
i was really hoping to do that with silent hills. did you play the demo? it was grreat. so fucking spooky.
>>
>>28067749
>>28067905
>>28067920
>>28070491
Love the concept stuff. I have fond memories of sitting in my room watching the making of dvd.
>>
File: Mary.png (20 KB, 579x523) Image search: [Google]
Mary.png
20 KB, 579x523
>Wikifags.
>>
What do i drop in the trash chute in the woodside apartments in SH2? What am i supposed to do here?
>>
File: 35463434666a.jpg (86 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
35463434666a.jpg
86 KB, 640x360
in hard mode, there was no way to beat PH in this scene. you simply had to wait.
tfw i spent all my ammo not knowing this tho
fun fact:
It can be theorized that Pyramid Head, Valtiel, the Butcher, the Bogeyman in Homecoming, and the Bogeyman in Downpour are all the same entity, with different physical forms and names depending on the incarnation, as well as varying symbolism and roles.
>>
>>28073587
Played some of it; yeah. Sadly no PS4 of my own so I didn't get to see the whole thing. Fuck, I want to make friends to play Silent Hill with again.

>>28073645
Canned juice.

>>28073652
I was under the impression you can't really "beat" him at all there; shooting just lowers the amount of time you have to wait.
>>
>>28073645
East first floor: there are three large, king-sized apartments, 105-07. At the entrance of 107 is the pack of canned juice that you need to unclog the chute.
>>
File: 7.jpg (1 MB, 1671x1236) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
1 MB, 1671x1236
>>28073219
I agree with everything you're saying, except technically Valtiel is Pyramid Head, Heather's Pyramid Head.
>>28073310
Thank you man, and thanks for bumping.
>>28073529
You're leaving out the best bit of lore, although this isn't something you find on the wiki- after the hospital section, Silent Hill becomes pitch black night time. You then wander the streets and find all the Lying Figures and Mannequins have been replaced by sexy nurses- why are they outside the hospital? Sexy nurses walking the streets- it's prostitution imagery. Some subtle hints that part of James's guilt may be that he saw prostitutes while Mary was sick. That's a tidbit I came up with, I think it's true.
>>28073602
Me too man
>>28073627
My archive is more extensive than the wiki at this point.
>>28073645
Canned juice man
>>28073652
It takes 4 magazines in Normal mode to get him to leave.

Check out pic related for more knowledge about Valtiel being Pyramid Head, in a way.
>>
File: Maria's Corpse In The Cell.png (2 MB, 1509x927) Image search: [Google]
Maria's Corpse In The Cell.png
2 MB, 1509x927
>>28073645
Hey when you get the garbage bag open- notice that the article is about one Walter Sullivan.

I'm back by the way, thanks for keeping it alive for me guys, I enjoyed a nice roast beef sandwich from Arby's. Roasties aren't all bad.

I would post all the images that I've taken myself, but they're too high res, bigger than 2MB so I can't post them on /r9k/, only /v/ and /tv/.
>>
File: 35463434666a.jpg (678 KB, 1218x724) Image search: [Google]
35463434666a.jpg
678 KB, 1218x724
fun fact:
She is the only innocent human character in the town who does not hold any darkness in her heart, in contrast to James. She does not see any monsters or serious abnormalities in the town, including Maria.
>>
File: Laura Manual.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Laura Manual.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>28074005
I love that James doesn't give her a sugarcoated version of the truth he just straight tells her he killed Mary. It's also a really big deal that Laura was voiced by an actual child.

By the way, here's an interesting fact I came across in my research- nobody knows who voiced Laura in the HD Collection. It's literally just listed as unknown. So I combed through the credits, checked sources, crosschecked, whatever, and I came to the conclusion it is either: Koko Itabashi or Jen Kiddo.

That's another piece of trivia you won't find on the wiki.
>>
File: 1387691316004.jpg (106 KB, 1024x743) Image search: [Google]
1387691316004.jpg
106 KB, 1024x743
What were you guys most excited for when the HD collection was first announced and people still had high hopes for it?

More than anything I wanted a mini-scenario like Born From A Wish where you get to play as Angela. SH2 sort of glossed over her experience in the town.
>>
>>28073898
>it's prostitution imagery. Some subtle hints that part of James's guilt may be that he saw prostitutes while Mary was sick. That's a tidbit I came up with, I think it's true.
Maybe, but i feel like his sexual frustration was a key element in his deteriorating mentality. They had a great sex life which became virtually non-existent once Mary got sick. Blueballs is not fun, especially when the endorphins are no longer sustaining him. Maybe he was a sex addict, and just snapped at the verbal abuse.
He prob did fuck prostitutes afterward tho. it was an entire year later.
>>
File: Angela's Final Model.png (179 KB, 336x708) Image search: [Google]
Angela's Final Model.png
179 KB, 336x708
>>28074095
I would have loved that as well. I always would have liked to have seen more Angela, but at the same time I think that the fact they found a way to treat her story with so much subtly was really wonderful.
>>
File: Mary Coughing.gif (2 MB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
Mary Coughing.gif
2 MB, 245x140
>>28074128
Sorry I kind of implied it, I meant I think the whole imagery of prostitutes tempting him is true- it hints that he may have seen prostitutes. However, I personally don't think so, because James seems like a decent man besides all the Mary nonsense. However, it could depend on how you play- maybe in the Maria ending, he had seen prostitutes.

I just think the imagery is pretty rock solid.

Also, James came to Silent Hill immediately after killing Mary. She's actually in his backseat/trunk, confirmed by Ito and the novelization.
>>
File: IMG_20160320_035418.jpg (124 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160320_035418.jpg
124 KB, 480x640
Why dod these japanese developers decide to make a game based in what seems like america and with caucasian people?

Do u think silent hill 2 has any aura of resemblence in accordance with that of the 9/11 attacks since the game was released only a year later?

Could sh2 have been better?
>>
File: Laura Concept Art 2.jpg (38 KB, 349x400) Image search: [Google]
Laura Concept Art 2.jpg
38 KB, 349x400
>>28074277
Sato and the other guys just love Western media, and that's really what influenced it. The Shining, Jacob's Ladder, Stephen King in general, David Lynch, they love Americana stuff, same reason they like aliens, just a quirk Team Silent has. The game itself was actually written in English originally, and voice acted only in English- the Japanese versions just have subtitles.

Do I think it has anything to do with 9/11? No not really. I can't think of any reference or anything even close honestly.

Could it have been better? Maybe. There is a graphical glitch on the PC version where the flashlight shines behind you sometimes. Really the only gripes I have are minor glitch things that are pretty rare.
>>
i only finished SH 1,2,3,4. are any other worth playing OP? give me straight
>>
>>28074184
Right, i always forget that James is an unreliable narrator. In some versions of the game, the writing on the letter disappears, followed by the entire envelope itself.
>>
>>28074426
Shattered Memories is a very creative retelling of the first game, reimagining is a better term. You should definitely emulate it. Same with Origins, although Origins is just decent. If you really like Silent Hill and want more, Origins is good to play. As far as need to play, Origins isn't necessary.

Avoid Homecoming at all costs, play Downpour if you've already played Shattered Memories and Origins, but just can't get enough Silent Hill. It's worth a playthrough.
>>
File: Maria In Hospital Basement.jpg (24 KB, 800x555) Image search: [Google]
Maria In Hospital Basement.jpg
24 KB, 800x555
>>28074449
That's actually in all versions, as soon as you beat Eddie, the text disappears, then when you see the video tape the letter is gone.

Pretty awesome stuff.
>>
Any oyher PS2 games youd reccomend ppl play besides the sh games? Like rule of rose or something?
>>
File: Mary Concept Art.jpg (43 KB, 243x600) Image search: [Google]
Mary Concept Art.jpg
43 KB, 243x600
>>28074546
Kuon is a really interesting horror game by From Software on the PS2.
Not PS2 specific, but play all the early Resident Evils/REmake, including 4 if you haven't already.
I've never played Rule of Rose, but besides the atmosphere, that game has very little going for it from what I've seen. It's a barrage of fetch quests with combat that makes Silent Hill 2 look like Revengeance.
>>
File: James Poster.png (413 KB, 464x691) Image search: [Google]
James Poster.png
413 KB, 464x691
Thanks for another wonderful thread guys. I've been posting these around the clock and hosting them nearly 24 hours a day across different boards for the last few days now. I haven't slept in 30 some hours, so I am going to go to sleep now. Thank you for letting me talk about my autistic obsession. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

love
SH anon
>>
>>28074833
Wait where do i go after woodside apartments?

I just talked to fat autustic eddie
>>
>>28074887
Where are you exactly? Where did you talk to Eddie?
>>
>>28074917
In the beginning i just talked to eddie as he throwed up in the toilet. Im trying to leave the apartments thru the gate but it says i still have stuff to do.

I dont even fuckn know what to do. Thats always been my problem eith games like this
>>
>>28074963
Do you remember Laura kicking that key away from you? You need to go to the third floor and get that key. Then, go back to the beginning of the apartment area, Go to the second floor, and run all the way left to open up the fire escape door. You'll know where to go from there
>>
File: 1456392998875.gif (984 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1456392998875.gif
984 KB, 333x500
>>28071879

Good news senpai, MEGA worked on Chrome; must've been some fuckery with my setup on Firefox.

Thanks again for the files. If they act all fuckey on this computer, I'll just stash them away for later use.
>>
>>28075073
Good to hear friend, I'm glad it worked. Enjoy man
>>
>>28075000
Ty nighth night sh bro
>>
>>28075132
No problem, don't forget to use the quick save!
Fun fact- every time text appears on screen, including when you quick save. James gets his stamina refilled. You can also exploit this to skip getting the wooden board and the radio. It's an essential speedrun tactic.

Goodnight everyone!
>>
>>28067902
>>28067920
i also find most survival horror pretty comfy. its the slow pace, puzzles, large quiet spaces.. adrenaline based jumpscare games like dead space aren't comfy at all, but old survival horror is
>>
>>28067801
Hi anon

What is an ISO? Could you explain how to get SH2 up and running in more common sense terms - I've looked at the readme, but I appear to be too stupid to figure it out from here :/
>>
File: 1396494775946.jpg (38 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1396494775946.jpg
38 KB, 600x849
>>28075100

And now it's not just a black screen. Won't let me edit the ini file in the folder either.

This piece of shit has Vista on it, so I doubt anyone will be able to help me.

I think I might've installed it wrong or something. It crashed when I tried to install DX 8.1 at the end; I skipped it the second time since I figured that didn't really matter.

I copied the files in the bin folder and overwrote the ones in my installation directory. I did that before restarting like the program asked. I restarted after when it was working.

I ran it as administrator, and it always crashes.

Fucking hate this bullshit.
>>
File: 1423537563509.jpg (111 KB, 549x720) Image search: [Google]
1423537563509.jpg
111 KB, 549x720
>>28075885

*it's just a black screen

It's also unresponsive, I have to manually end the process in task manager.
>>
>>28067801
thanks man my copy of sh2 that i got from somewhere is so fucking bugged up cant wait to install this
>>
>>28075205
fuck but sh1 was pretty scary when the world changed up and you're in certain places anyways lets see how the other games compare first
>>
can we take this moment to appreciate the work of akira yamaoka on this series of games, thank you for creating one of the most inspiring video games soundtracks i've had the pleasure to experience
>>
>>28076669
SH2 is naturally bugged on PC tho. Sadly.

All Silent Hill pc ports have some problems here and there. SH3 is the best one. SH2 and 4 are bad and Homecoming is a disaster, it's so disastrous Konami didn't even bother hiring someone to port Downpour to PC.
>>
>>28073898
> Heather's Pyramid Head
I disagree. She is aware of Valtiel, and he creeps her out, but I'm pretty sure he is indifferent to her, he only cares about delivering God safely. She never interacts with him, and he's usually fucking around with valves or being abusive to the fukuro nurse.
>>
>>28077048
His work in Shadows of the Damned was great too.
>>
File: uh-huh, nigga. uh-huh..gif (395 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
uh-huh, nigga. uh-huh..gif
395 KB, 200x150
bump
I love you, op.
>>
>tfw just found my PS2
>it still has SH2 in it
Thanks OP, it was rotting away in my garage until these threads got me interested in the game again.
>>
File: c'mon.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
c'mon.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>28077796
>it still has SH2 in it
>>
File: Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg (232 KB, 834x1285) Image search: [Google]
Waterhouse-Diogenes.jpg
232 KB, 834x1285
OP you are a based guy.

I think playing silent hill, even casually has had an effect on me that will colour the way I look at life forever, id like to talk to you off this site, do you have a contact you can share?
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 126

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.