[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What drives you, /r9k/? What's the one thing that you always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: youngmanthinking[1].jpg (139 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
youngmanthinking[1].jpg
139 KB, 425x282
What drives you, /r9k/? What's the one thing that you always have in the back of your mind, the thing you will go to insane lengths for?

For me, it's women. They're my kryptonite, and as important as things like friends or studying are, at the end of the day I will spend my time thinking about women and what I can do in that respect a lot more than about anything else.
>>
>>28067598
Achieving full robot status by being completely devoid of emotions and feelings
>>
>>28067614
Sadly you cannot feel like this. Not possible.
>>
>>28067614
I really wish I was numb right now as well. Honestly everything right now is so shit.
>>
>>28067614
impossibru. you'll have to apply lesions to the emotional centres in your brain. it's far easier to accept that we feel like shit, lest we feel even shittier.
>>
File: 1459578239134.png (417 KB, 451x588) Image search: [Google]
1459578239134.png
417 KB, 451x588
self-hatred. literally the only thing that drives me.
this is my main motivation for doing things. I just think about how much of a worthless scum I am and force myself to do what needs to be done. lifting, studying, working, everything is fueled by my intense self-hatred
>>
Moving to Japan.
>>
>>28067598
Become a better developer. I envy those guys that seem to be able to do anything as far as computers go. They can be a hipster webdev and at the same time a super nerd working close to the metal, reverse engineering software so they can bypass some barrier or just to make it better. Picking up new languages and frameworks really fast and building useful stuff with it.
>>
Not necesarrily women, but sex. Sex, Money, Traveling, Discovering myself, learning more about certain complexities of life such as neuroscience, astrology, psychology.

So yeah there isn't one thing that drives me because I thnk about all of these topics pretty much an even amount of time.
>>
I'm sorry to hear, man. I'm glad that you're getting on with stuff though - it's good to have a better self by the end, even if you don't actually want it.

>>28067731
That's valiant. How good are you currently?
>>
>>28067641
try avoiding masturbating. Most of the people here jerk off and that is the thing that is preventing them from achieving robothood because they still have desires and such.

Once you have rid yourself of desires, then you will basically be a robot, incapable of feeling anything
>>
>>28067731
>being smart enough to understand computers
Freak you.
>>
>>28067647
It's not really impossible, maybe impossible on a forever time scale. But you can disassociate really hard. I do this all the time and my doctor says it's unhealthy. He says its from abuse and that that's how I deal with strong emotions now. So yah it is possible
>>
>>28067786
I don't want it to be a permanent thing though. I want to be numb until the shit times go by, and then go back to being ok once I get over it.
>>
>>28067598
I want people to hear what I have to say. Everyone is deluded and I talk a lot. I'm pretty normie but I go on rants and write everyday. this is one of the only reasons I'm still alive.
>>
>>28067830
>>28067830
please tell me how you do it. and does it involve drugs or other substances
>>
>>28067852
That's pretty unusual. What kind of stuff do you want to talk about?
>>
>>28067614
it cant be done. trust me I spent an entire year trying. There is just some core humanity that even being bottom of the totem pole won't let go.
>>
>>28067830
He's right, it's actually really bad. I still do that, but I can feel that it's unhealthy. For example, right now I'm going through a breakup and I have no idea how to deal with it. I want to cry but I haven't cried in several years and I have no idea how to do it. I'm seeing a doctor on Friday so hopefully I'll find another outlet for it.
>>
>>28067863
I write mostly short stories, essays, and poetry. I want to talk about how sad the world is. We're all victims of one thing or another but we walk around like nothing happened and we're all broken. The world is sick man but we all keep our noses so close to the grindstone we don't see.
>>
>>28067861
Drugs can help. Weed sometimes gives me a blast of emotion and I will literally just start balling for no reason so don't do that. It's just training your brain if you get emotionally abused as a child you'll disconnect really easily. It's a survival mechanism, or that's at least what my therapist says.
>>
>>28068010
I too was abused as a child, and I too automatically disconnect, but I want to get over it and deal with my problems like a normal person. However, I can't even think about things properly anymore. Any time I try to think about a touchy subject my mind automatically jumps away to think about something else.
>>
>>28068010
>>28068133
And even if I do force myself to think about it, I just get an analytical view rather than actually let it sink in, and I don't know what to do.
>>
Cute anime girls are the only reason I haven't blown my brains out T B H
>>
>Adrenaline

It's the only thing that makes me want to do anything. It's my one and only driving force and it feels so good.
>>
>>28068010
>>28068010
what if u werent abused as a child
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.