[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make my parents proud of me? At the very least, how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Rovaniemi1.jpg (80 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Rovaniemi1.jpg
80 KB, 800x600
How do I make my parents proud of me?

At the very least, how do I get my father to stop calling me a fuck-up every other time I call home?
>>
>>28066810
Become really good at something (that is not vidya or animu) and move out

Also I want to live in Finland
>>
Depends how old you are OP

If you're an adult male thats in his mid 20s, id assume your father would be happy you were working a full time job and supporting yourself no?

If you're in college he probably just wants you to not pick a shit degree and get a good GPA.
>>
>>28066810
Tell us your current situation, lad.

>Where do you live?
>Are you a NEET?
>Any hobbies?
>Do you have any plans for the future?
>Do you have a degree?
>How old are you?

Be honest now, or else we wont be as helpful
>>
>>28066810
Make more money than they do. I'm afraid >>28066971 won't suffice - I got good enough at music that people pay me for it but my parents still view it as a silly pastime.
>>
>>28067031

>22
>Failed out of college during my junior year
>Joined the army because they were willing to take on all my student debt for only three years of service
>have a shitty job in the army, not even anything cool
>no real skills or trade for when I get out
>Dad was a former military officer and he's said he's disappointed I became enlisted rather than graduating college and becoming an officer like him
>no real friends, no real dreams, no real hobbies
>>
>>28067084
Finish your current contract and go to MPKK?
>>
I could never go outside, or accomplish anything with my life, but as long as I have a job then my parents are proud of me.
>>
>>28066810
Well that depends on your dad. Is he an asshole who will never be proud of you no matter what you do? Or is it just because you're a NEET loser?

If the former, then give up on it, nothing you can do. If it's the latter, then I agree with your dad, you're a fuck-up. But so what, most of us here were fuck-ups at some point.

Become independent, start taking care of yourself. Start studying, graduate, get to a work, create a career, make a life for yourself. Who's to say that while you spend the years attempting all this, you won't also find something you love to do? It happened to me, after being a lazy fuck for over 2 decades first.

>>28066971
Finnfag here, why?
>>
i literally live in that pictures city
>>
>>28067490
>finnfag here, why?
look at how fucking comfy that picture is
>>
>>28066810
Don't be Swedish.
>>
>>28067066
>Make more money than they do.

In my case, that's not enough. You can only ignore your parents' demands, they're usually very unrealistic.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.