[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wageslave/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: 1459726354852.gif.jpg (19 KB, 255x158) Image search: [Google]
1459726354852.gif.jpg
19 KB, 255x158
Who is /dishwasher/ here?

>start out as a catering associate/server
>typical wage work but decent
>tfw they slowly transition me to washing dishes because my affect is so flat and depressing, regularly wash dishes till 3 am on weekend nights
>hands slowly developing into gnarled stalks due to chemicals/constant injury.

Is there anything worse?
>>
can't you wear gloves (and baby powder to avoid sweating)?
>>
how old are you,friendo?

dishwashing if you're young is ok
>>
>>28066520
Dishwasher when I started 3 years ago.
Most of the time they become cooks to stop doing dishes, but cooking requires a lot of focus.
If you have good motor sills and attention to detail, move on that way.
It's a hard life though...
>>
>>28066520
Practically everyone starts at the bottom.

I was a garbage collector, then graduated to cleaning up cafeterias and bars, then moved on to become a seller at the local market. I spent 8 years on shit like this, with a shitty wage and non-existent morale. Life sucked ass, and I thought I was done.

Then finally after my umpteenth application I got to Uni to study IT. After 3 years of studying, I entered a shitty coding job under internship, got bullied by my boss and depressed, left the job, went NEET for almost a year. Life sucked again, and this time I knew I was done. I spent all my savings and went with welfare for the rest of the year.

Then got a bad breakup with an asshole ex GF, used the rage to continue school, and apply for another job I was way underqualified for. And there I got to an amazing project with amazing people.

Now 6 years after that, I've graduated, gotten 3 promotions, have one of the highest pays among all my friends, a great career, am extremely good at what I do... But still quite fucking alone.

Still, it was a bumpy ride but I can honestly say I'm proud to have made it this far.
>>
File: tumblr_nqp61htXgv1r9hk01o1_400.jpg (98 KB, 350x342) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqp61htXgv1r9hk01o1_400.jpg
98 KB, 350x342
I would literally rather be dead than be a dishwasher. I did that for several months when I was 16, and it was the worst fucking job I've ever had. Also, surprisingly, the most difficult by far, because of how fast-paced the whole thing was.

OP go get a job in retail or something. It's so much less stressful, and so much easier, and I think it even pays higher. I did that for like 5 years before I had to quit.

Right now I'm a substitute teacher, so my life is just fucking garbage, but at least I'm not washing dishes, just thinking about that job I had makes me want to kill myself.

At least you have excellent taste in television programs.
>>
>got job as dishwasher
>trained by spics; fucking stupid idea on their part, because no idea what the fuck he was trying to tell me
>no fun talking because language barrier
>busy nonstop anyway, so no time to even talk
>burned my hands grabbing dishes, only told at the end to grab the handles with a towel
>what the fuck is the point of handles if they're hot
>completely drenched with dirty water at the end of the night
>even worse because had to take out trash at the end and was winter, so fucking cold
>was told we'd be done at midnight; ended at 2 or so
>was coming in from another job, told them we'd talk on my available hours since I was still working that first job
>dishwasher job called me the next day at my first job and they asked where I was
>they had already given me a ~40 hour week without us talking about my availability
>politely apologized and said this job wasn't for me, and quit
I expected the whole thing to be bad, but whatever, I'd work my way up, but this was worse than I fucking expected. Awful, awful, awful experience. I don't know if I had an especially bad one or what, because I can't even fathom how someone could do this. I know people have jobs they hate, and sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do for money, but I wouldn't fucking work this if I had no other choice. FUCK

>>28067639
>I would literally rather be dead than be a dishwasher
Fucking this.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
File: Sopranos_ep107.jpg (43 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
Sopranos_ep107.jpg
43 KB, 506x316
>>28067808

I don't even know why spics and other immigrants are willing to work these fucking jobs; I'd rather spend the rest of my life living off the land in a dirty shack with the knowledge I might be killed by a stray cartel bullet than burn myself on hot dishes and swim around in the scraps of uneaten food that collect in the greasy, oily water, all for minimum or SUBminimum wage.

FUCK that.

Automation can't come soon enough. Dishwashing isn't a job any human being should have to suffer through.
>>
>>28066753
23, I'm reaching the upper limit.

I wasn't hired as a dishwasher, they pretty much did a "silent switch".

>>28067639
>>28067808
I'm part-time in college. If I had a full-time job washing dishes and that's all that was going for me, I don't know how I'd cope. That's no way to live.
>>28067975
I figure they're driven by some false, optimistic high from having crossed the border.
>>
I've worked in kitchens my entire life... I'm a... I'll say decent paid lol chef now, 15 yrs and counting, I make enough to comfortably support myself and child support, went to England on vacation last year actually... My point being working in a kitchen IS NOT A JOB FOR EVERYONE, that dish washing position is pretty much designed to weed out the pussys and get the ones that are strong enough to handle it ready for the next level that's hotter and harder... For what it's worth I wouldn't last a week working in a fucking cubicle... Not for everyone...
>>
Atleast once a year I get some pussy coming in with the attitude of "of course I can be a dishwasher! I'm a hard worker!" only to have the look of omyfugingod this is hell on earth by the end of the night and never come back... It's like wtf did you think you were going to be doing?!?!?! Like this was gonna be when mummy asks you to wash up the mess after a big dinner at your house lmao
>>
I was wondering why this thread was so lively for wizchan.
>>
Here's how the restaurant biz works:

>Dumb and Good-Looking: Host/Hostess
>Smart and Good-Looking: Server/Manager
>Smart and Ugly: Cook/Manager
>Dumb and Ugly: Dishwasher

Do it for two years and then apply for an assembly line job, you slack-jawed hideous beast of burden.
>>
>>28066520
I'm a barista but I pretty much just end up washing dishes. I can't stand talking to the public and only help out with drinks when it gets really busy
>>
Dishwasher of 4 years here

I fucken love it, although I only work weekends. Lots of ptp girls there but I never talk with them
>>
I'm retail right now, but I got a new job at a sub shop.
>>
>>28067600
that's pretty cool. i'm 20 and i dropped out of CS and i can't find a first job.
>>
>>28070623
>child support
C U C K
>>
>>28066520

I've been a dishwasher OP, I know that feel. Then I became a cook at a different restaurant, then a server, then a busser but I make $10/hr plus $20-40 tips for barely any work.

Honestly, I still hate my job but just get out of there OP. I went from being a completely antisocial bastard who couldn't even force a smile to being able to fake laugh and bullshit with assholes I hate so I can go home at a decent hour and have money.
>>
>>28070623
This. It takes a special type of motherfucker to work in a kitchen. There isn't much bullshit in life you won't be able to deal with afterwards.
>>
>>28066520
I am not dishwasher OP.
Who is dishwasher pls?
>>
im a dishwasher currently
going to work in 3 hours, hope its not busy tonight
>>
>>28067975
Your post just literally proves they they dont steal your jobs. They take them because you dont want to do them.

Although im kind of in the same boat myself. Even with me being mexican, I cant be assed to work with other hispanics because i dont really know spanish, only enough to get by.
>>
>>28070837
OK now you're straight talking out your ass, you could switch any of those around and they would work depending on what kitchen you work in, I take it you've worked on like ONE for a year before you got your factory job lol,
>>
>>28071351
I've had to argue this before and I'm not some pro- immigrant fuckin lib. But the reason Juan has the job right now is because he shows up on time and works his ass off, the white kid comes in with this I'm so much fuckin better than this job attitude, does a shit job at it, whines the whole time, comes in late, then doesn't show up at all
>>
Why do people take retail or food service jobs? I mean I understand if you're a waitress and only make $0.01/hr and $400 in tips a night, but I prefer warehouse or security shit. If I had to take a job with lots of social interaction I'd pick something like trick driving or HVAC. It's not like the pay is even good.
>>
>>28071543
Retail is mostly fine. Food service is the bottom of the barrel shit. Even cleaning sewers for the city isnt as bad when they provide you with decent protective gear.
>>
>>28071531

Kek, whites have the puritan/American work ethic. Mexicans have a fucking word in their language for fucking off in the middle of the work day to take a nap. Mexicans are lazy as shit.
>>
I'm going in tomorrow to wash 'em dishes. Pretty tough work. The money only covers a bit of food 2 bills and rent. I need to get tips to do laundry.
>>
>>28071595
Jesus fuck that was a dumb answer, so if someone asks what you do for a living you would honestly rather say "I stock shelves and work the register at wally world" or "I clean sewers... It's honestly not so bad with the right protection" over "I'm the head chef of that restaurant you like" lmfao, you guys really are grade a retarded
>>
>>28071660
Really you should go preach this shit on a neet board lol
>>
>>28071742
At least cleaning sewers is a mans job.

Unlike you. I bet youre sitting your pretty boy ass in your office that was constructed by mexicans.
>>
>>28071742

That's not an equivalent comparison. You should have said 'I am a regional manager for a retail chain' vs 'I own a civil engineering firm' vs 'I'm a fruity homo with a poofy white hat who wears an apron and plays with knives'.
>>
File: ilst.png (104 KB, 362x218) Image search: [Google]
ilst.png
104 KB, 362x218
>>28066729
>(and baby powder to avoid sweating)?
>>
File: DEKEYRA09010.jpg (20 KB, 700x543) Image search: [Google]
DEKEYRA09010.jpg
20 KB, 700x543
Todd Hanson was a dishwasher for 12 years then he attempted suicide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnOgjJwO14
>>
>>28071782

I thought this was a neet board. Did you forget you're on /r9k/ again?
>>
File: 1425331785098.gif (848 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1425331785098.gif
848 KB, 665x662
TWO women laughed at me in the workplace yesterday for being quite and displaying sperg behavior. No one even made a joke they asked me a question and laughed at how I acted
>>
>>28071849
I've yet to meet one legit fag that works as a chef... I'm pretty sure they gravitate towards more cushiony jobs like retail management and the such
>>
>>28071868
Sorry got home from work and did get blazed a bit lol
>>
>nearly apply to dishwasher job out of desperation
>end up getting a better job
>>
I fucking hated dishwashing.
>harder work than everyone else in the kitchen
>working longer than everyone else in the kitchen (closing responsibilities)
>nightmares about being physically covered in dishes
>hands sore, cut up, and scalded to shit
>smelled like shit after every shift due to the sink trough always needed cleaning

Never again.
>>
>>28071829
Any real man can tell you that any job you are forced to work for survival is a fucking mans job, only kids who have zero life experience look at someone working and think "that's not a man's job lol"
>>
File: Nicolai_Malthus.jpg (9 KB, 241x189) Image search: [Google]
Nicolai_Malthus.jpg
9 KB, 241x189
>>28067600
>Practically everyone starts at the bottom.

Patently false. Bloodnamed nomeklatura are raised from birth to be the superior leaders of society. They are placed, as is their right, immediately into the most elite and dynamic positions, where their ascent is most natural.

Those destined for lesser posts may work for a time, perhaps even competently, but unless they by some miracle somehow win a bloodname early in their careers, such are destined for obscurity and ultimately redundancy to make way for a new generation of trueborns.

Your story proves you are -- despite your unclanlike luck -- a destined Solahma, a cast off of modern society, surplus to the requirements of Clan and Corporation. Better you seek death now in honorable combat than continue your satori ways to the disgrace of your Sibko and foster parents.
>>
I was a busboy/dishwasher briefly back in college; wasn't too terribly bad but there was this old roody-poo waiter who had been there FOREVER, was like a legend to the place, and he would THROW plates at me (they used those hard plastic "cafeteria" style plates). Smug asshole and I never did anything to him but he completely ignored me except to be mean.

There was another old black waiter who was similarly a "legend" (both had worked there 30 years or something) but he was very sweet.

Best part was the kitchen staff were the last ones to leave so if there was food that couldn't be used the next day, we got to take it home (rolls, friend chicken)
>>
>get a job get a job get a job get a job get a job get a job get a job
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ALREADY HAVE A JOB! WHY DO I NEED ANOTHER ONE?! OH, THAT'S RIGHT! BECAUSE I NEED MORE MONEY! HOW BOUT INSTEAD OF GETTING ANOTHER JOB, I BUY SOME FUCKING ROPE?! WILL THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY?!
>>
This is the sound of me rinsing and sliding trays into a wash machine, the pots and pans are done during the day when the cooks are making them and i only took out my clip+ to record these sounds once they were gone.
>>
>>28072345
>forgot links
https://soundcloud.com/brandoid/r-mic-141127-065256

https://soundcloud.com/brandoid/dp2wage2
>>
>>28067600
That sounds like a damn good lot of luck
>apply for a job I was unqualified for and got it
>spent almost a year as a NEET and still got a job
>>
>>28072882
He's a shill don't reply
>>
File: 1402637177925.jpg (1 MB, 1440x1600) Image search: [Google]
1402637177925.jpg
1 MB, 1440x1600
>>28066520

I used to be a dishwasher. I loved the kitchen culture because everyone from Head Chef down to Line Cooks are the shittiest people in the world. Spending night after night ridiculing the staff in spanish and eye fucking the servers was so much fun. It was also the one job where you could be totally stoned and nobody gave a shit.

When I quit my hands would go through a process of drying out and totally peeling for almost a month. It's also affected my nerves because now things don't feel as hot as they should. I'll put my hand under the shower head to test the heat, think it's ok, then jump in and get my dick and balls scalded to shit.

I got super depressed at the job though because kids who were three years younger than me were moving up and becoming line chefs and I was stuck doing dishes.

I ended up becoming a cashier at a mexican grocery store. A store that has a majority of vendors that cater to Mexican shoppers. So like isles of tortillas and shit. It was fucking garbage

>every co-worker is a massive cunt
>oaxacans with their 30 kids buying months worth of groceries
>have to have the same conversation with people on a minute basis
>have to deal with retards literally every second
>it's in my old neighborhood so constantly see people who have graduated from university
>they are physically sorry for me
>they are visibly excited that my life is so awful

anyways, I really want to kill myself
>>
File: Akarin frech grinsen.jpg (240 KB, 793x856) Image search: [Google]
Akarin frech grinsen.jpg
240 KB, 793x856
I get AutismBux so I don't need a paying job but I play poker on the side.

It is entertaining and I am a bit of gambler. I play the micro tourney on Pokerstars. I could even make a living playing the $2.5 180 mans. First play pays like $125. But the variance is brutal. You could break even for a whole month no problemo. So you need to play a lot to combat the variance.
>>
File: capitalism_ho.png (162 KB, 482x600) Image search: [Google]
capitalism_ho.png
162 KB, 482x600
>>28073258
First place pays like $125.*
>>
>>28073054
Beautiful fucking image. That guy is owning it and I love it.
>>
Hello Wizchan.
Getting banned by your own retarded mods so you come here?
>>
I worked as a dishwasher for years, at 3 different places. First two places were by hand, you'd go and collect the dirty plates off tables into bins then take them back and scrub them off in a big trough that you had to keep filled with hot soapy water. These jobs were mostly really fun, lot of shooting the shit with people, and it was work you could do on auto-pilot while listening to music or being drunk / high. The downside was when the grease traps above the fryers had to be cleaned out. And during the closing shift we'd have to spray all the day's clumps of food particles and dead roaches off the floor with hoses. I always smelled like grease and stale rotting food, always no matter how many showers. Overall it was nice though. The last place was an industrial type where you stood in place in this dark hot room full of machinery and plates came in on conveyor belt, and had to be loaded and unloaded into some steam cleaning machine. That place was seriously depressing as fuck, wasn't there long.
>>
>>28067600
>GF
norman get ooout roo
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.