[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on normies appropriating meme culture?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: wp_ss_20160423_0019.png (333 KB, 420x451) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160423_0019.png
333 KB, 420x451
Thoughts on normies appropriating meme culture?
>>
File: 1456183446385.jpg (34 KB, 298x444) Image search: [Google]
1456183446385.jpg
34 KB, 298x444
has it become traditional for beta males to ask girls out to prom using a meme poster? is my best chance at getting a gf to color a poster with memes and ask her to go on a date with me?
>>
>>28066345
It irritates me, but normies appropriate anything countercultural. They just can't help but drain the lifeblood out of formerly niche things that other people used to enjoy.
>>
>>28066403
>niche things

Since the widespread of the internet, niche things have no more time to grow, this is part of why so many Anons are lamenting about how there's no more "new content" and just ruminated old shit.
Remember when there were still youth cultures in the early 2000's, the emos, skaters, hip-hop and so on? At least here in europe, they are barely visible anymore. All has been mashed up to a big puree and got absorbed into mainstream culture, and the same goes for every new meme. I think the real overthrow came with smartphones, making the internet accessible for everyone 24/7.
>normies appropriate anything countercultural

they just appropriate everything that is new and seems exciting.
>>
>>28066345
triggered like an SJW seeing a white hippy in dreadlocks
>>
Traggerd me pretty good too. This chuck will never be origami
>>
Luckily normies will never like Black Metal
>>
Is it just me or does that sign not even make any sense

am I missing something here
>>
>>28067985
I agree

Bloxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>>28066557
God I never thought of it like this. You're right, niche cultures just don't seem to exist any more. There's just social media, internet memes, and sport.
>>
They still haven't taken zozzle guys. Keke is out zozzle is in. Alert the memosphere.
>>
>>28067985
i assume the underlying message is: check out this uglo who i'm taking to prom. top kek.
>>
>>28066345
I'm not sure what he means.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.