[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do smaller dogs have smaller brains and are thus stupider? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Do smaller dogs have smaller brains and are thus stupider? I mean, like chihuahuas are one of the smallest and stupidest dogs alive. Like literally cat-tier intelligence. Same goes for similar small sized dogs. Labradors and other normal tier dogs are usually pretty smart.
>>
I take it you've never owned a west highland terrier or a jack russel terrier.
>>
>implying it matters

They'll still always be smarter than women
>>
>>28064149
Ironically, use your brain a little more OP.

If that really mattered, then elephants would have built space colonies by now.
>>
This really belongs more in >>>/an/
>>
>>28064267
>he doesn't know about the elephant space colonies
Stay blue pilled
>>
>>28064149
Actually Chihuahchads' have high intelligence and alpha as fuck
>>
>>28064274
Why? What's the theme of r9k? I mean really? I've been banned in here many times for posting non-r9kn related posts. I mean wtf?
>>
>>28064274

Why not /sci/? :^)
>>
>>28064306
There is no theme but they would be able to answer this question better than anyone here.
>>
>>28064186
le so funny and original
>>
>>28064330
Still, how can anyone be banned on r9k for posting non-r9k related posts? What's exactly the theme here? It's just /b/ lite at this point.
>>
>>28064267
there is a general correlation between brainsize and intelligence, however, larger animals need larger brains to help control their bodies, even so, within individuals in a species, a larger brain is typically associated with higher intelligence. This is also true for humans, but it's a higher fidelity predictor between ethnic groups than it is between individuals within an ethnic group.
>>
>>28064348
I didn't say you should be banned, my man (or m'lady).
>>
Afghan hounds are the stupidest breed of dogs and they're quite big.

Chihuahuas and other small pet dogs have small brains but because they were bred to be pets they had selective breeding to choose ones who could be trained to follow human commands quite easily. Some working breeds will have better innate problem-solving skills but small toy-dogs will have pretty good social intelligence for interacting with humans and following commands.
>>
Intelligence is only related to the size of the brain in proportion for the body. If the brain is bigger in a smaller body, It's a smarter animal, where as a smaller brain in a bigger body is a more dumber animal idiot.

Fun fact. Humans have the biggest brain in relation to their body, and this means our offspring have to have a much smaller brain and grow into it or else they'd hardly fit inside womans bodies because their heads would be so big, which is why our babies are so helpless in comparison to other animals. They physically have to be born with way less than their fully developed brain mass. Compare this to animals who are born independent and are usually born with their fully formed brain size.
>>
probabily has to do with the owner more than everything. People buy chihuahuas because they are easy to deal with and don't have to bother teaching them anything. By not teaching them their brains don't develope to their full capacity. Aside from that size does play a big roll in how inteligent the dog turns out to be. A small head obviously wont hold a brain as big as that of a german shepherd for example. Thirdly genetics. German shepherds and collies where bred to look after sheep. The smartest where chosen from eatch generation for the task making each generation smarter than the last
>>
daily reminder that hating dogs and being afraid of them is a sign of a sociopath, psychopath, evil and mental problems, only niggers and muslims hate dogs. If you hate dogs, you're not a human
>>
>>28064804
>shitting on niggers and muslims
>not mentioning jews

Come on now, anon. Get with the program. The only race you should shit on purely because of their race is jews, really. Everybody else should get some basic respect by default.
>>
File: bibis dog.jpg (194 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
bibis dog.jpg
194 KB, 1333x1000
>>28064842
>jews hate dogs
Most jews like dogs actually, when I visited israel, there were dogs everywhere, even their president is a dog lover, pic related
>>
>>28064149
>Do smaller dogs have smaller brains and are thus stupider?
sheer volume is not the major factor in intelligence but yes in general smaller dogs are dumber because of similar brain structure but less neural area to do anything useful. but it is possible for a smaller brain to be "better" -- crows, for example, are very smart because they have a lot of surface area to their brains, while other similarly sized birds do not and are a bit dumber

>>28064842
>jews hate dogs
i have literally never heard of this stereotype before now and i think you might be dumb, my man
>>
File: 2016-04-23 03.52.59.jpg (253 KB, 530x941) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-23 03.52.59.jpg
253 KB, 530x941
>>28064149
Nope, this little guy is smart.
>>
>>28064463

woah, so if people were born like other animals babies would be able to stroll about and say "how do you do?" half an hour or so after they were born?

fucking amazing
>>
>>28064463
So I never really got this. If a brain is bigger in absolute size, rather than in size relative to the body size, why is that brain not necessarily 'smarter' than a smaller one?

For example, dolphins' brains are bigger than humans', but not as powerful. Why does relative body size affect that?
>>
>>28064804
>u no le liek muh dawg??? U LE RETARD LE FREAK LE VIRGNIG KKEKEKEKEKEKEK ;D::D:D:D:D:D

Reminder that dogfuckers are stinking, creepy, clingy subhumans who can't take a piss on their own without 45 betafags holding their dick for them.
>>
>>28064149
are great danes smarter than german shepherds?
>>
You don't know what you're talking about. Chihuahuas are actually really intelligent.

/thread
>>
>>28065050

The person you're responding to doesn't know what they're talking about. It's got nothing to do with proportion to the body. This is something feminists are very fond of repeating because it helps explain away the obvious implications of the fact that female humans have smaller brains.
>>
Dogs = Cats
>>
Generally speaking it's true. Smaller dogs obviously tend to have smaller craniums, so smaller brains. They're capable of being really loving and sweet (an Italian greyhound has quite a large body considering how long their legs are, but the head is quite small - but they're really sweet dogs).

I have a small dog and she taught herself the names of several family members and a few other basic words, so certainly not stupid. I think some of those larger dogs like labradors might be more genuinely intelligent, though.
>>
are manmores smarter than manlets?
>>
>>28065656
My german shepherds play with one ball in their mouth as they paw the other one trying to figure out how to pick it up or move it wherever they want it to move.

I mean they're not retarded but they can act goofy. It's endearing. They're still pretty smart, though.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.