[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm just curious to know, is there anyone on /r9k/ who actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: reality.jpg (101 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
reality.jpg
101 KB, 720x720
I'm just curious to know, is there anyone on /r9k/ who actually does something for a living?

What's your life like? where does your money come from?
>>
>>28060064
Shameless bump of thread preservation?
>>
>>28060064
I get autism bucks while going to college and sometimes I find some small undeclared jobs on the side. Last one was for some artist who owned a gallery and needed help cutting large copper sheets. I actually got sick from breathing in too much copper dust and puked blood but at least I got a couple hundred bucks out of it.
>>
>>28060064
It comes from my job, Anon.

I have a wife, a newborn, and only work 18 hours a week for a 60K salary with 30K private medical insurance package.

My life is very comfortable and I live well within my means.
>>
>>28060480
You're a lucky bastard, I wish I had your life.

That way I might have the level of confidence required to tell bald faced lies on the internet.
>>
>>28060533
If I was lying why would I stop at 60K? Why not 100? 200? According to /pol/, the average poster there is a investment genius with a steady 6 figure income. That is what you call bullshit.

I merely work for the government.
>>
Yes i work.
>>
>>28060064

I'm roughly middle class. Nothing fancy.

I eat shitty fast food and Hot Pockets just like the rest of us. I have a used car that's not a beater, so that's a plus. I still have a roommate, just like in college. If this is the American dream, it's shit. I'm sure college kids are better off than I am.

My money comes from being a corporate sellout. It's not all it's cracked up to be, it's basically staring at a computer screen 8 hours a day, working for maybe 3-4 hours and browsing news/other worksafe sites for the rest of the time. Sometimes it's tolerable, sometimes it's shit. Mostly I just wonder how fucked up the world is, that office work is considered the American dream.
>>
>>28060570
I know, I was just talking shit to convince myself my life doesn't suck that much

No hard feeling, brah?
>>
>>28060570
18 hours for 60k... That's 120k at 36 hours........
>>
hot pockets :XD
>>
>>28060064
>that pic.
I'm sorry but if most 1st world people just spent their checks on food and shelter they have more than implied.
Now debt for the education to get that job is another beast all together
>>
>>28060623
Well what's the alternative? Starving or windows with nets so you can't kill yourself?
>>
File: 20160416_171510.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160416_171510.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
Tip me.
F yeah I'm tripping. Normie here. R9k is a normie board anyway.
>>
>>28060671
I'm sure your life is fine, man.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1qanDVZHliw
>>
>>28060682
I don't get paid 120K for 36 though. It's a salary.
>>
>work for fortune 500 in big city
>live in luxury studio apartment 5m walk from work
>wake up at 6am
>eat breakfast and walk to gym
>come back and shower and shit, pack a lunch
>go to work at 9 and stare at a screen until 5
>come home and make dinner
>shitpost on internet, play vidya, etc until 10pm
>sleep
>have no friends in this city
>have no prospects of women
>>
>>28060887
Like I said before, I receive welfare checks because I have some form of autism.
I'm not done with college at age 25 and my grades are shit because I lack motivation, also depression.
I pick up small jobs on the side, most of them are just traps. At first they look like a good way to make cash and make ends meet but there's always a catch. Sometimes you end up handling dangerous material that'll make you sick, some other times the guy never intended to pay you at all and just dissapear who knows where.

My life is pretty shitty alright. I try to have some standards but most of the people I used to hang out with are just too busy to talk to me or just avoids me now. I live in a one room apartment and most of the furniture I own were found in the trash. Life is shit.
>>
>>28061027
Have you tried being yourself? That always helps me out of a jam.
>>
File: 1460496061809.jpg (123 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
1460496061809.jpg
123 KB, 1242x2208
>>28060064
>self-preservation is called slavery in the real world
>>
Farmer but I'm probably going bankrupt after this year so I'll just live off welfare or some shit
>>
>>28060064
I work hard for a year on demanding jobs and my life is fairly normal, girls even start to notice me and invite to places (like concerts or art galleries, they can probably tell i wouldn't go out other wise)

then suddenly one day I stop going to work and just lay in bed and do nothing, I get calls from my work place and '"friends" but I just cut contact and forget everyone and hope they forget me which is easy because i don't have social media. Then I do nothing productive for the next year and mostly stay at a semi-homeless state since I cut off ties with my family

I doubt this is depression since I feel fine all the time, maybe just autismo like everyone else in this shithole
>>
Machinist.

Live on my own, decent earnings, life is good.
I just come on /r9k/ to laugh at people.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.