[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /suicidal because you want to advance to the next level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: anzu.png (822 KB, 586x560) Image search: [Google]
anzu.png
822 KB, 586x560
Who here /suicidal because you want to advance to the next level of consciousness/?
>>
File: 1454200498413.jpg (42 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
1454200498413.jpg
42 KB, 500x344
use all those edges to kill yourself already then
>>
Kind of turned on by this look. I'm s sick man.
>>
>>28059996
Please stop posting that ugly being, it's visual contamination
>>
>>28060043
If wanting to fug anzu means I'm sick, I don't want to be well.
>>
>>28059996
>death
>consciousness
boy, what a MORAN
>>
>>28059996
eggman in a wig

{spoiler]how the fuck wasn't that original
>>
>>28060018
C'mon man, you can't even meme correctly, that's not what edgy means.
>>
File: costanza.jpg (15 KB, 390x382) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
15 KB, 390x382
>>28060080
>consciousness ends at death
>>
>>28060080
>deathconsciousness
good album
>>
Balamb Garden awaits, friends.
>>
>>28060078

Not fucking, I just wanna cuddle her face.
>>
>>28059996
Bye OP and good luck with your super consciousness when you're dead.
>>
>>28059996
Part of the reason the idea of suicide puts me at ease so much is because I believe the universe is truly infinite and even if it takes trillions of years or more I'll be back somehow. Maybe even in a better situation where everything is right instead of wrong.
>>
>>28059996
What happened to Anzu? Is she hitting the smack on the regular recently?
>>
>>28060126
well i'm a MAN and i want to FUCK
>>
>>28060139
I'm glad I am not alone, good luck on your journey, anon.
>>
Anzu a cute. Cute!
>>
The ultimate form of consciousness is none.
>>
>>28060229
How would you know? You're at what we know as the lowest level of consciousness.
>>
>>28060139

i often reflect about life and think to myself that once we die, it's forever, but your point of view reminded me once again that our consciousness is quite misterous, it's not necessarily a one time thing

it's good to have some doubts
>>
>>28060279
I don't know and you don't either.
>>
I want platonic anzu gf
>>
I'm not convinced that there is any kind of consciousness beyond death. Your consciousness dies when your brain dies. However, not experiencing anything at all for the rest of eternity is gives me mixed feelings of comfort and fear.
>>
>>28059996
whos that qt jih8ygh7
>>
I want to jump off a cliff and see if it unlocks my mutant powers.
>>
>>28060348
I was watching a YouTube video the other day about the lifespan of the universe and it reminded me that one day every star will die and everything will go dark, the larger stars leaving only black holes in their place. Filled me with dread desu.
>>
go and read a jed mckenna book you ignorant fuck
>>
>>28060383
It's not like black holes vacuum in radiation from decaying matter. That shit won't be destroyed nuh uh it will just keep going on to where it has always relatively been.
>>
I would put the heat in Anzu's black holes, if you want to know what I mean
>>
>>28060477
Oh yeah, I'd smash too
>>
>>28060279
we're also at what we know as the highest form of consciousness
>>
as far as we know, all the cool fancy shit our brain does is why we have consciousness. when we die, our brains die along with our consciousness
>>
>>28060517

if consciousness happens because of our brain, then that means we could recreate ourselves by making the exact same brain with a fancy technology

there would be no real death because you somehow always be reborn

that brings the question, what we are really?
>>
>>28060504
There's onIy one way to find out.
>>
>>28060568
I've heard some theories such as that consciousness is just a sort of "field" as everything else is, and our brain is just a node for it.
>>
>>28060517
I don't think it thoroughly explains why disconnected and disjointed worms sending chemical triggers traversing an empty space to reach the next worm forming a network that creates the illusion of time packets of compiled impulses through analysis of 3 dimensional matter structures clustered in regions in of space converge into to what we perceive as our conciousness.

I wonder if it's a binary thread of impulses, that is totally fucked up, but gives me hope for the existence of 2d waifus.
>>
>>28060568
we are a bag of meat that is destined to eat, sleep, fuck and die. any other theory on existence and the human experience is just a bunch of hippy druggy nonsense

and it's impossible to put our brains on a chip for reasons I can't remember and can't be half assed to look up
>>
>>28060641

spoken like a true atheist
>>
>>28060622
Consciousness isn't just the compilation of our brain signals. It's more than that. It's the "identity". It's the tie between "us" and our brain. What is it? Why am I not experiencing your thoughts? Who am "I"? What is "I"?
>>
>>28060641
Why?
A 3 dimensional simulacra containing information down to the subatomic level not good enough for you?
>>
>>28060676
We pretty much load up our personality matrix every time we regain consciousness. Can even block it with drugs.

We have blockers so specific we can block the pathway between the limited short term memory block and the long term storage system.

Shut off a pathway and you lose an ability.
>>
>>28059996
Yes I do feel that way, so here is a (you).
>>
>>28059996
So fucking stupid. Literally on the exact same level of "suicide because I want to go to heaven"
>>
>>28060713
That answers the question about what makes us "us" to a certain extent. But why am I me? What makes us individual? How from the time a brain is formed is our consciousness locked to a certain brain, and there is never an error in this process? How can something be so rigid, that after billions of humans, consciousness stay relatively rigid in the respect of identity? Consciousness must then be a fundamental of existence, not just the combination of brain signals.
>>
>>28060767
spoken Iike a true atheist
>>
File: 1456781404181.jpg (95 KB, 244x260) Image search: [Google]
1456781404181.jpg
95 KB, 244x260
I know that feel.

Experiencing ego death on psychedlics just makes me want to blow my brains out more...I have literally nothing to lose.
>>
>>28059996

Nice filename, OP. I liked it.
>>
>>28060785
Personally I believe that the brain possesses multiple consciousnesses that share information and identity so it can't tell it's a collection of beings, what we call the subconscious is even better than we are at reacting to input, processing it, then messaging back out. It can after all create immense and complex dreamscapes and create musical pieces independently.

I base this on snippets but it's my own hypothesis based mostly upon cases of brain damage causing a rift between hemispheres that creates two independent functional brains (only one could talk though)

With a difference in information input they could even develop into separate yous.

It must be a nightmare to be another region of brain. No access to compiled sensory data, just run a set of instructions on incoming impulses.

Sometimes I think my subconscious is jelly, but then he can probably fly around in dreamspace fucking my waifu, so I guess there's a tradeoff.

Plus i'm an idiot and don't actually specialize in neurology, just anatomy and physiology, so disregard everything I just shit out
>>
>>28061039
Very interesting. I really want to know the very fabric of consciousness. It is too unique, too unlike anything else in the universe, and seems too perfect to simply be the product of evolution of matter and energy. If there is some truth to this, it's definitely going to be incomprehensible to biological consciousness, which appears to be limited to spatial dimensions and time. But then again, I'm an idiot too.
>>
>>28061039
Also, such as >>28060968 mentioned, ego death is a very interesting look into this. I have seen ego death explained as the loss of the sense of self entirely. The words "I", "me", "myself" and so on have no meaning in this state. Normally, you can divide the world in to "myself" and "everything outside of myself". When experiencing ego death, the "myself" part is gone. Everything else is still there (potentially the real world; potentially a fantasy world), but YOU are not. The experience still exists, and when your ego returns, the "you" that has come back can (usually) remember the environment that was, but has no way to explain - even to itself - what it was that experienced that environment.

So biological consciousness may not be limited as we previously thought, and all consciousness may be interconnected.
>>
>>28060968
DMT?

plsrobopls
>>
File: 1453506330743.png (750 KB, 1181x1735) Image search: [Google]
1453506330743.png
750 KB, 1181x1735
I bet Anzu is miserable beneath it all. She looks so damn tired and empty. It really turns me on.
>>
>>28061158
A great number of very smart people in many fields of study are trying to answer these questions. Until we have quantifiable answers, all we can do is speculate.

That said, speculation is fun. I personally believe that consciousness is not inherently "special", that it's simply an emergent behavior of a sufficiently complex network.
>>
>>28061470
Hm. I can agree with you that consciousness itself is a behavior, but awareness seems to be on a totally different level. The universe is extremely different without awareness. Existence itself might not exist if it weren't for the awareness of itself. That said, is awareness the "all-encompassing", and existence is a creation within awareness? If so, there has to be extremely high levels of consciousness, at hyperdimensional levels.
>>
File: 1456376318012.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1456376318012.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
>>28060151
Overuse of hair-dye, hair-straightening, lack of sleep, and minimal makeup. I'm still fairly certain that she edits the light settings of her camera. Her real skin tone is a light tan.
>>
>>28061261
I've experienced what I think was ego death while on a cocktail of drugs, the expansion of the mind was not just a meme, since after you come back down to earth you can't retain what you actually experienced, only grasping at loose fragments while feeling that you were somehow a part of a greater consciousness for awhile. Of course it could all just be delusion from an overstimulated imagination and connections that shouldn't be.

It's a mystery if we're accessing parts beyond our own physical containment though. Although we do only have a limited understanding of the fundamental forces, and the black hole generator is just now confirming new states of energy we could only guess at through mathematics.

Maybe there is something like an ether out there, connecting us all more deeply than our atoms and microbiology will allow.

Guess ill just hang myself and find out.
>>
>>28061707
Shit dude, I think I'll do the same sooner or later, probably within the next year. I really would like to experience ego death, but I have no access to drugs, and Jhana takes a looong time to learn. It was nice talking to you, friend.
>>
>>28061793
yeah man good chat
>>
ppl that fear death love life, that is, if death is just eternal unconsciousness, i dont know how they could hate that, it's basically eternal peace.
>>
>>28062256
Some people are lucky enough to feel at peace in the land of the living
>>
>>28061703

the turk face is so obvious in this picture, the nose, the slightly smaller distance between the eyes, the lower part of the cheek

she cannot escape her heritage as much as she wants to remain a 3dpd equivalent of 2d
>>
File: 1458121798607.jpg (318 KB, 1638x2048) Image search: [Google]
1458121798607.jpg
318 KB, 1638x2048
>>28062278
>the lower part of the cheek
Yeah, her jowls are strong. A cute imperfection, imo.
>>
>>28059996
>Who here /suicidal because you're retarded/?

If you think dying is some kind of next step, you are delusional. It's like he end of a book, there is nothing after. Suicide is only for people that truly have no hope.
>>
>>28059996
>still believing dying makes you ascend to some superior reality
i wish this meme would end
>not putting in hard work to become immortal and bring back dead people through science/technology/"artificial" intelligence, eventually making the current reality the next level of consciousness
>>
>people still believe in an afterlife
>people still don't know what thermodynamics is
>>
>>28059996
9/10

would be 10/10 if not for the stupid fucking feminist hair
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBca33v8oGM

read some fucking Ligotti already
>>
File: 1460052902558.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1460052902558.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>28060104
>turning off the game to level up
>>
>>28060802
>repeating the same post twice in the same thread
spoken like a true retard
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.