[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emptiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (36 KB, 468x594) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36 KB, 468x594
Does anybody else feel empty? Like they lack identity, values, and purpose and they're just wasting their life?

Talk about things that make you feel empty and how you try to escape the feeling that punishes you for escapism.
>>
I generally find that I feel empty when I feel lonely. Music can help for a little while but it usually comes back after that. Mostly just going to sleep and getting up the next day is most helpful, although sleeping can be hard.
>>
>>28059495
Agreed. I find that masturbation helps a lot in both clearing my apprehension and in getting me ready to sleep. I also used to have a benzo script and it made it was great for getting me to ignore feeling empty, at least temporarily.
>>
Well I'm NEET so feeling empty is pretty normal for me. Having a routine helps a lot but right now the only thing I do is wake up, get on computer, then go to bed. Gonna get a job soon though so I'll see if that helps.
>>
>>28059282
yeah i've lost almost all sense of worth. the only worth i have is to my mom and dad, my little sister, and to my older brother. my little brothers don't give a shit about me, my job is bullshit, and im easily replaced by my coworkers.
>>
>>28059601
Being a NEET made me feel lousy, especially when I spent a bunch of time browsing 4chan. Some media can help, if it feels like I'm getting something out of it, but when I watched anime or something blatantly escapist I felt completely hollow when it ended and I was back to life on its own terms. Watching Toradora killed my spirit for a week or so.
>>
>>28059611
Do you talk to very many people outside of your family?
>>
>>28059763
Sometimes it gets to the point that I can't enjoy anything. I'll just sit here and stare at the wall or mindlessly browse 4chan even though this board makes me even more depressed. The best thing to do in my opinion is go outside and take a nature walk.

Also, I have no friends. I live in a rural area so it's hard to meet people here.
>>
>>28059915
>The best thing to do in my opinion is go outside and take a nature walk.
Yeah. Sometimes I can convert the feeling into a flight of purpose where I try to change my situation or learn a language or something but I eventually slip on discipline at some point.

>I have no friends
That starts to get very rough after a while. Do you talk to your family much?
>>
My dorm is disturbingly quiet for a Friday night.
>>
>>28059495
I love to sleep. Especially those fleeting moments where you're still conscious but fading, where your thoughts go to random places.
>>
>tfw threads I make almost always die while I sleep
I think only two threads I've created on a board with traffic have survived Euro hours.

>>28060452
I like drowsing in and out of sleep. It feels really comfortable to be catatonically tired.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.