[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What triggers you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: what have i done.png (568 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
what have i done.png
568 KB, 819x460
Ever since my "fall from grace" , hearing the word "exam" "medchool" "4.0 gpa" "useless" triggers me,

"great"
"successful"

Anything that reminds me about what my life was 1.2 years ago before it all went to shit triggers me.

Looking at myself in the mirror triggers me

Hearing people talk about studying triggers me
>>
MY FUCKING LIFE RIGHT NOW HOLY HELL
>>
>>28059547
your life? how does that trigger you?
>>
This isn't tumblr you faggot.
>>
what a waste of 4 years
>>
File: 1461284200172.jpg (29 KB, 360x720) Image search: [Google]
1461284200172.jpg
29 KB, 360x720
This is too relatable.
I had a 4.6 my junior year of high school.
Fucked it up senior year
I go to a decent school and im on track to fail this semester
>>
>>28060142
bro high school doesnt matter

getting straight A's in high school and university is not the same thing at all

I had C's in high school then i changed, i got A's in university by putting 50x more effort,more discipline,etc.
>>
>>28059226
Several factors in my life have resulted in these triggers, but I'm a pretty chill person irl so I've never acted on them outright like an autist:

>Hearing people talk shit about the US
Had to go to Canada a lot as kid and later on as a teen to visit family.
Radical Muslims that hate the US and the west are everywhere. Flag burnings and everything.

Also, parents raised us to be patriotic Americans.

>Hearing people say "Islam is a religion of peace"
Yeah, not in my experience.

You say anything dissenting with their ideology and BOOM you're branded for life, and death threats become the least of your worries

I also got a bunch of scars on my arm from when a few of my Canadian cousins and their friends tried to beat up on me for being American.
We beat the piss out of them, so no big.

>The military is evil
I have a sister that's planning on joining the special Forces, and isn't evil at all
>>
People talking about meeting girls/getting laid like it's an ordinary thing triggers me hard.
>>
File: 1373345532957.png (57 KB, 336x280) Image search: [Google]
1373345532957.png
57 KB, 336x280
>3.7
>Autistically studying for MCAT in 2 months
>Only one letter of rec so far
>No shadowing/volunteering experience
>Too reserved and/or awkward to ask any of my numerous connections to procure said things
>Applications this coming fall

I'm not going to make it. I can tell you that right now. Oh well, I guess success just isn't for everybody. I have a LOT of reading I had to get done today, and I blew it all way the fuck off!

I've hit a rut in my studying too. Every time I start I get so depressed I can't continue. So I start thinking about what my outs are in case this whole med school thing doesn't pan out (read: WHEN it doesn't pan out).

I'm great at learning foreign languages. All this time I've been studying Spanish and Japanese. I can also type really fast! Those are useful skills, right?
>>
>>28060142
I'm on tack to fail and not graduate this semester because of attendance
>>
File: 1360370055028.jpg (119 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1360370055028.jpg
119 KB, 800x600
>>28059226

>mfw top notch gpa
>could have been anything
>decided to become engineer
>hate it all but graduate with good grades
>get a decent wageslave job that gets me some good coins
>28 years old now
>can't spend a single waking minute without wishing I could go back and become a veterinarian
>can't stop thinking that eng school was the biggest mistake of my life
>too late to go back and live life as I wanted (I'd be 34-35 when graduating now)
>cursed to enjoy the rest of my professional life as a life hating engineer with shitty job possibilities

I honestly think about suicide every single day.

;_;
>>
I've been doing fine my entire college career and then in the last two weeks of my very last semester I fucked up and failed a test and now I can't graduate. Two fucking points are what seperate me from a passing grade.

Two.

Fucking.

Points.

I feel angry at myself, frustrated, humiliated, pathetic. I've never felt this low.
>>
>>28060468
you can still make it. It's alot easier where i live,none of that bs is needed

just get hhigh gpa, a bit a volunteering and pass the interview

i had all these man. i had a perfect gpa, an insane work ethic i developped to ace med school. Major shit happened,wrecking medical issues,wrecking depression-> failed all my classes this semester.

I was pretty much guarenteed to get in medschool in pharmschool. Now my gpa probably isnt enough to get in nursing school lol....It's the only shits that ever motivated me in life.Without that, i become unmotivated and worthless,i can't force it. Life is doomed, thinking about ending it soon honnestly

>>28060528
you could still do that, some people star medschool when they are 35
>>
File: fbm.jpg (32 KB, 480x472) Image search: [Google]
fbm.jpg
32 KB, 480x472
I'm aware it's pretty autistic but I get triggered when someone says "it'll get better...eventually"

Tons of things are going to fucking happen eventually. Why do fucking normies say this shit.
>>
>>28059226
>people asking what have I been doing ever since I graduated highschool
>math questions, algebra legitimately triggers me
>>28060426
>I have a sister that's planning on joining the special Forces

fucking what
>>
>>28060640
My parents have very high expectations, that's the problem. There are some comfy-ass med schools I have my sights set on. One in particular is close to my mother's house, she and I had this great arrangement worked out, and getting in wouldn't be too hard - plus it's allied with an outstanding hospital in recent years, so it's a rising star.

But no, they won't accept the thought and expect me to wind up in a U of M-tier med school or better. Dad insists that I will be a shoo-in for friggin' Johns Hopkins.

The pressure is killing me ;_;
>>
>>28060528
>engineer
>shitty job possibilities

Wow, you are too stupid to be an engineer. Here's a fun engineering project: design and fabricate a simple flintlock gun, and kill yourself with it.
>>
>>28060689
its dumb.my bro went to a normal university in canada.

He's a neurosurgeon and he makes 800k a year in the USA

In any case, be glad there's still alot of hope for you
>>
>>28060776
Thanks for listening to me complain. I'm going to study all day tomorrow! I don't want to disappoint you, Anonymous
>>
>>28060569
talk to your professor, i'm sure you can arrange something.
>>
the entire outside world.
>>
>>28059226
I haven't quite pinpointed it but something about jealously and being self-conscious.

I can't walk past attractive people any more. Seeing girls reply to attractive guys on dating sites makes me physically yell out. Thinking about how ugly I am just gets me stuck in a loop, repeating the same shit about how nobody will ever find me attractive and that I should cut and kill myself.
>>
what triggers me is people hating on boylovers.
>>
>>28058488
>>28059226

Please refer to the thread above

STOP FUCKING POSTING

NOBODY FUCKING CARES

NECK YOURSELF
>>
All social interaction.

I don't get anything out of it except stress. I have to manually make facial expressions and think about how to react so I can come across as pleasant and boring, which normally keeps interactions as short as possible. It's incredibly exhausting for me to have to talk with anyone for more than 30 seconds at a time.

I'm not even a shut-in. I started working a clerk job over a year ago where I have to interact with people a total of 15 to 20 minutes a day and every second of it is painful. I'm thankful I have most of my work time alone, but I had thought with my new found social skills that I'd get some tolerance.

I just want everyone to leave me alone.
>>
>>28059226
dumb dogposter
>>
>>28059226
>big groups of people laughing
>people talking to each other making silly jokes
>people having fun
>couples
>loud voices
>high pitch voices

this is what triggers me, not in the sense of "FUCK OFF DIE NORMIE SCUM", but in the sense of "why am I here with this people who is obviously so much better at life than me,I should just fucking die"
>>
>>28061167
damn man....how old are you?

>>28060998
you sound mad
>>
>>28061336
I'm mid 20s, why?
>>
>>28060651

Truth is that it's not going to get better. Life will only get worse for most of us.
>>
>>28060337
Grades are relative to where you go.
Usually kids with very good GPAs (like my 4.0 full honors) usually end up at schools where higher GPAs are harder to obtain.

That being said you could get into some ivy league where they hand out high GPAs to make all their students look smart.

Maybe I'm a little resentful since I hate uni. My grades are mediocre and I can't make any friends
>>
People talking about circumcision in any extant. Positively or negatively, it doesn't matter. I just don't want to acknowledge that it's a thing that happened to me, happens to others. Filter words related to it to try and avoid and hide all threads about it that slip through.
>>
The idea that I might run into someone I went to school with. I was the smart kid. Smart-ish. I didn't have to try too hard to get most my work done, and everyone probably assumed I was gonna do great things.

It'll be one year since I've been out of highschool in May. And I haven't done shit. Hearing about college is triggering. Hearing about jobs and careers are triggering. I feel like such a failure to launch. I'm supposed to be going in the Navy but I might have fucked that all up.
>>
File: broken_wojak.png (22 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
broken_wojak.png
22 KB, 633x758
>>28059226
I wish I could say I don't know this feel, but I do. Living in the shadow of your fall from grace is horrible. This very thread people talking about grades and academics are triggering me.
>>
>>28061796
dude,just 1 year. Some people start college at 23

>>28061872
what happened? what do you do now?
>>
>>28061947
I was high school valedictorian who burned out freshman year of college out-of-state.
>>
>>28059226
My whole past basically.
I can't remember a single good moment while interacting with normies.
>>
Nothing

I don't really care about anything enough to get angry
>>
Couples kissing and hugging each other in the streets.
Just fuck off.
>>
>>28061967
i can understand ,was college too hard? depression? are you planning on going back to college eventually?

stay safe mate
>>
>>28059226
>1. Women talking about how lonely they are, with their past of 50 sexual partners and and 12 BF's to date
That's a fucking meme if ever there was one
>2. Women ranting about equality in work
They know full well no man can ever stand up to those crazy lies because in the modern world that man would be fired in an instant. Fucking assholes.
>3. Fucking immigrants
The majority being guys, from non-warzones, with mobile devices, lying about their age, coming here just to leech off of our taxpayer's money
>4. NEETs and other losers leeching off of others
...Then pretending to be all politically active and humanitarian and shit when the Government starts saving money by reducing welfare from leeches. They actually believe it's them, good people, vs. capitalist fucks. Those selfish fucking losers.
>5. Equal rights to anti-vaccine morons and religious people
If you're that mentally disabled, some actual adult should be doing your decisions for you. That includes voting.
>6. Anti-prostitution laws
Made by chads and stacies and flowerhat fucks, ego-centric fucks who really think it's ok to say that a significant portion of this planet should just go without sex. Those people should be shot, in the face, in public.
>7. Corporate assholes and double standard laws
Seriously, Snowden? Fucking EVERYONE knew the US Gov and NSA was the fucking master criminal in that. THE WHOLE WORLD. And then they hunt down they guy who showed it claiming he's the criminal here, while everyone just watches.

If there ever was a more clear in your face example of how some people and organizations are so far above the law it's not even funny, then that was it. And what happened? Nothing. The whole fucking concept of justice and law, is nothing but a fucking joke. And nobody does a thing about it. Power is everything. And when you have enough of it, you can fuck everyone in the ass, law be damned, even publically. And nobody dares to intervene.
>>
>>28062050
If I ever get a gf I'll probably be doing that
>>
File: 1456494077110.png (327 KB, 585x612) Image search: [Google]
1456494077110.png
327 KB, 585x612
>>28060528

same boat as you yet I didn't fall for the wagecuck meme

>wanted to be a shrink since early on in highschool
>grades were OK but where I live you need to be the literal cream of the crop
>not the cream of the crop
>fell for the IT meme
>would much prefer to listen to depressed people and council them through life
>still a KHV, I could even help the literal robots
>>
Women moving their bag away just because my skin colour is darker
>>
File: thatsbullshit.jpg (260 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
thatsbullshit.jpg
260 KB, 570x558
>>28060426
>being this autistic about islam
>>
>>28059226
>pretty girls with boyfriends
>people younger than me working for startups

I'm lonely and everyone shits on my career for a big, stale multinational where I'm low on the pecking order and don't get to use my talent.

This one is pretty specific:
>Muslim qts dating non-muslims
Because my Muslim oneitis ended up marrying a white guy. I wish it were me (I'm white too).
>>
>>28062071
I was lazy and put off everything until last minute which was a bad habit from coasting by in high school because I had no willpower. As a result, I didn't do too hot first semester and that was depressing. I had already been depressed for the better part of a decade as an aspirational poorfag. The main depression really stemmed from the ugly thoughts you have when you sit alone in your dorm room or common room lonely on Friday nights while everyone else is out and about partying and getting laid. I couldn't see that and struggle through college to still only be an unhappy wageslave. I just snapped and had a mental breakdown, wouldn't leave my room anymore so I got "help" and had to leave. I'm probably going to remain a NEET until my parents die.
>>
I dislike people who treat others as inferiors
Every moment of it makes me want to piss them off somehow with inane shit, waste their time, feed their egos so much that they spill over and look like total idiots for their hubris
>>
>>28062731
You are the antagonist in my story.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.