[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me your problems/why your life is shit and I'll do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9
Tell me your problems/why your life is shit and I'll do the best I can to help you.
>>
>>28058819
Just get back on hengouts god damn it
>>
i feel extreme jealousy with my friends/love interests and sometimes its really, really inappropriate and ruins my relationship with them. even if i don't say something to them about my jealousy, it affects my body language and how i talk to them because i start to get mean and angry thinking about how i'm not the most important person in their life.
>>
without god, this shits just stupid
>>
>>28058860
i can here your condecending tone from here
>>
>>28058860
Do you have, even the remotest idea, why you feel this way? Did something happen to cause this?
>>
File: JOZUTO FAKKU MAI SHITTO APU.png (277 KB, 501x580) Image search: [Google]
JOZUTO FAKKU MAI SHITTO APU.png
277 KB, 501x580
>>28058819
Depression has eaten up my life to the point that's I'm a wizard, friendless and I never worked despite having an engineering degree. The only solutions I can see are a cause for which to live and die for, but I'm too cynical to believe in anything, or self-medicating with ketamine, which I'm looking into.
>>
>>28058956
How are your self-care habits?
>>
>>28058819
can't talk to people, don't have any friend, I don't have the motivation to do anything for myself anymore, existential crisis since 13 (I'm now 21), my father died of cancer when I was 12, starting to fail uni. Khhv, I'm starving for any kind of physical contact. Too cynical to kill myself, I still deeply think things could get better.
Help me please.
>>
>>28058956
I'm thinking that, since I don't have any friends anyway, that I should become a trucker
>>
>>28058819
My laptop just died and I was about to see the fight between old man and the king start (hunter x hunter)

My charger is downstairs with my normie roommates who are drinking. I don't want to get it
>>
>>28059016
I'll ask you the same thing I asked the other guy (still awaiting his response); how would you rate your self-care habits in terms of exercise, diet, hygiene, etc.

I'm not going to be one of those faggots who claim running marathons is the answer to everything. It's just a jumping off point.
>>
>>28058819
Since my ex fiance left me I've lost the will to masturbate. It's been five months. What do I do.
>>
>>28059005
Well they oscillate a lot, because if I stay alone too long my nonexistant self-steem manifests as self-neglect. Right now tho they're okay thanks to living with relatives. Also I'm currently lifting.
>>
>>28059056
Why do you feel like you need to masturbate?

>>28059085
Would you object to the idea of dropping all of the complexity wound up in your first post, and just focus entirely on lifting for a little while?
>>
I did a massive amount of drugs, particularly psychedelics, over a span of 8 months. I'm just getting sober, I stopped smoking weed on 4/20 and that's the last thing I had left, but now I'm just left with an empty shell of a person. I can't feel emotions that intensely, and it's all bothering me to the point of suicidal thoughts. I try to keep my self occupied but it's hard because I generally just don't give a shit about anything. I have a few close friends that are willing to go to the ends of the earth to help me but I'm just so lost have no idea what the fuck to do.
>>
>>28059188
> I have a few close friends that are willing to go to the ends of the earth to help me
Have you told any of them this?
>>
>>28059137
>Would you object to the idea of dropping all of the complexity wound up in your first post, and just focus entirely on lifting for a little while?
Dunno, I'm pretty set on the self-medication. Ketamine may be a miracle cure for depression so I'd like to try it as soon as possible.
>>
>>28058819
I don't know what I want to do with my life.
I'm torn between doing what I want and doing what will make me money

As a result I'm two weeks late to register for classes. I just don't know what classes to take.
>>
>>28059215
Yes, I was talking to one of them today about how he wants to help me with goals and plans but it's all too much. I've literally lost the person I was.
>>
>>28059276
If you're going to self-medicate, use weed, please. I've done ketamine, and while it can be a very enlightening experience, it's easy to get lost in it and it can absolutely fuck your shit right up. It's a horse tranquilizer, after all.

>>28059277
>I'm torn between doing what I want and doing what will make me money
What are these two professions you're torn between?
>>
well i've been pissed off all day after reading all the game of thrones spoilers on /tv/ of the new episode

seriously some of the dumbest shit i've ever read.
>>
I am unable to control my emotions and insecurity and jealousy has ruined the only relationship I've ever truly cared about. I am currently coping with drugs but I know it is not the wisest solution. I just want to control my emotions without spiraling into another episode where I say things I don't mean.
>>
>>28059327
>What are these two professions
Well I know I want to be a teacher.
I want to teach history but I know it would be extremely hard to find a job.
So I'm considering doing mathematics but I'm bad and dont like math so I'm not sure I can handle it.
>>
>>28058819
I'm bored. I'm at the point in my life were I can just kinda cruise and exist. Got my EMT cert, working a decent job but I just have no drive to go further. Being able to hide the fact that I'm a massive misogynist everyday just makes me that much more a sociopath, and only increases the difficulty of finding decent friends.
>>
>manual labour job
>anxiety over stupid shit
>no interest in anything
>completely uninteresting with no motivation
>i spend half my time installing/uninstalling videogames on my computer because im torn between it being a waste of time and it being the only thing that can give me satisfaction but it ends up giving no satisfaction at all
>buy a lot of books and end up not even reading them because my attention span is complete shit and i have no self awareness
>ive been to the doctor 3 times over the years in order to renew my anti depression prescription only to drop the medication after 3 months and rinse repeat with going to the doctor

everything is only starting to make sense now because im drinking
>>
>>28059327
>If you're going to self-medicate, use weed, please. I've done ketamine, and while it can be a very enlightening experience, it's easy to get lost in it and it can absolutely fuck your shit right up. It's a horse tranquilizer, after all.
I'll keep that in mind. It wouldn't hurt to try weed beforehand, after all. Thanks.
>>
File: 1450864381317.png (225 KB, 478x556) Image search: [Google]
1450864381317.png
225 KB, 478x556
I have no purpose, motivation, direction, skills, talents, hobbies, interests, or passions. I have tried many things. When I fail at something, I become frustrated and quit. When I accomplish something, I feel nothing.

I would not like to be a bum but it's all I feel capable of. I'd like to be useful, but I don't know how.

Please help me.
>>
>>28059307
Talking about goals and plans at this point is too much. That's the biggest trap I set for myself was making huge plans that I knew wouldn't work out in the end.

Start very, very small. I got out of a very deep depression just by going for a two mile walk every morning. Just start with something like that, and pretty soon, you'll know what it is you need to do next. It won't come in the form of a long-term plan.

Keep your close friends close. They're an asset most people in your scenario can't say they have. They'll help you keep you grounded, so your plans remain healthy and realistic. Emphasize to your buddy who's helping you out, that you want to take small, realistic steps. There's really no hurry.
>>
>>28059345
Do you think that you have something similar to an anxiety disorder?

>>28059354
Do the history teacher and actually be proactive about becoming qualified/standing out. If you really love it, then go out of your way to beat out the competition and get your job. You want to be a good teacher, right?
>>
>>28059364
Sociopaths, in the normal sense, don't want to stop being sociopaths. Being a sociopath is indisputably positive for anyone who is actually one. I think you're just having difficulty feeling things, like you used to. Do you have any idea why?
>>
I'm an alcoholic terrified of people that has a schizo bipolar heroin addict gf that has lost her mind several times and cheated on me but I have literally nobody in my life but her so I can't go anywhere. My parents keep me around because they don't want me to try to kill myself again but I know they both hate me. I'm 27.
>>
File: tommy-lee-jones-batman4ever-1.jpg (57 KB, 533x358) Image search: [Google]
tommy-lee-jones-batman4ever-1.jpg
57 KB, 533x358
>>28058819
im studying something thats not really gonna give me real money
i cant do any math
i struggle with "social anxiety" (i know is gay) everyday
everything is pointless
i live in a shit country
im not as funny or clever as i used to be
i feel like a fucking parasite because i live with my parents and they are paying my education
i feel like im lossing my passion for music
i cant stop coming to this shithole (i think this is the biggest problem)
still dont know how to get a gf
i dont understand why would anyone ever want to share their lifes with me
my friends arent really my friends, no similar interesnt or any of that
sometimes feel like im fucking lossing it, suicidal thoughts and related stuff
dont belive in anything
love doesnt exist
truth doesnt exist
i feel like im not a good person, im not nice to people, feel like they are judging me everytime they put their eyes on me, unless they are uglier than me
now i feel like a superficial asshole
i dont know which of these are "problems" and which are consequences of said problems
>>
>>28059462
>If you really love it
The thing is, I'm not really sure I do.
Teaching just seems the one thing I like the best relative to everything else. I have no passions, no motivations.
>>
>>28058908
yea well i would do anything to fix it, i try so hard not to let it show.
>>28058921
not really, i just dont believe that someone would be into just me.
>>
>>28059408
I used to jump from thing to thing, trying to find something to fill the void too. I even used to try quitting 4chan and shit like that.

I think your problem is that you haven't actually found something to replace your old "unproductive" hobbies yet. What you need to do is just continue to do whatever it is you want (productive or not, as long as you get your other responsibilities done) until you find that thing. Who knows? You could see someone in the background of a video game making cheese, and decide you want to be an artisan cheese maker more than anything, for example. Most people who have found their "thing" always have a story like that.

In terms of practical advice, keep doing your job, but SAVE MONEY. Save 10% of each paycheck, without fail, and more if you can. If you have some cushioning in the bank, you'll actually have a financial support system to help you afford to move towards your next step, away from your manual labor job.

Also, quick drinking habitually. I've known people with alcohol habits, who were in similar scenarios to yours, and it's an absolute living hell. I can liken it to feeling like you're trapped in an increasingly small space that you can't escape from.
>>
>>28059413
Just smoke weed, seriously. Don't use it as escapism either, which a lot of people do. Use it as a serious chance to explore areas of your mind that you're normally uncomfortable exploring.
>>
>>28059416
Do you actually get recognition for your accomplishments? People don't like to admit it, but that's a huge part of getting satisfaction from accomplishments.
>>
>>28059137
>why do you feel like you need to masturbate
I don't think you understand I don't ever feel the need to masturbate and I don't think that's normal at 20.
>>
>>28059604
>just smoke weed
what would be the safest way to get your hands on it?
>>
>>28059489
This sounds like standard, textbook depression. If you had to guess, what would you say are the top three biggest contributors to this? Think really hard about it.
>>
>>28059662
Ask coworkers/friends
>>
>>28059053
I shower everyday, I don't do any exercise, my diet is shit.
>>
>>28059509
You can take generals and just think about if for a while, you know. Most people who just jump into something wind up regretting it. Those "successful" people who see who are so "far ahead" of you are likely going to bitch incessantly about their jobs, later in life.
>>
>>28059640
A. It's actually very, very normal.
B. It's well documented that after something traumatic, like leaving an intimate relationship, your libido goes down
>>
File: 1443254806426.jpg (160 KB, 828x686) Image search: [Google]
1443254806426.jpg
160 KB, 828x686
>>28059604
I can understand how psychedelics can help with mind exploration, but weed?
>>
>>28059462
I believe i have BPD
>>
>>28059672
you think? anyways i feel like im better than two years ago lol, 2014 didnt have a single good day, just sadness, an acid trip kinda helped me to get other perspective
>what would you say are the top three biggest contributors to this?
i never did any sports
>>
>>28059685
Just start going for a two mile walk every morning. That seriously was my first step in getting out of my big funk, and I would be nowhere without it. Your brain will be a lot better at coming up with solutions to problems, once the body it's attached to is functioning correctly.

I used to have a shit diet too. I just started by supplementing my regular shitty diet with Carnation Breakfast Essentials (just a multivitamin mix that you drink with milk; you can find it in the breakfast/cereal aisles) and any sort of fruit juice that contains a lot of vegetable extract. It made me feel infinitely better, right away (due to having some nutrition) and then later inspired me to improve my diet, in other areas.
>>
>>28059587
Good advice.
I've also gone through the whole quitting 4chan meme/iron pill bullshit too. It felt like i was running away from the truth or something. either that or this place is just an obsessive habit and if i quit coming to this place there would be a huge empty void.

I have been saving quite a bit of money in the bank while living with my parents. I'm also trying to get a cushy job at the place my mom works at but right now they're not hiring anybody.
so for now it's drinking on weekends and manual labour...
>>
>>28059725
Weed is a psychedelic. If you smoke an entire ounce of weed in one sitting, after not smoking for a while, it's going to be very comparable to a medium dose of mushrooms.
>>
>>28059629
No. I have really low self-esteem and I don't like to draw attention to the things I do.

I haven't ever accomplished anything worthwhile anyways.
>>
>>28059793
Now that I didn't know. I'll write that down. Thanks.
>>
>>28059732
Bipolar or borderline?

>>28059751
It's definitely standard depression. It reads like a symptom list.

I played sports in high school and they were stupid. There are plenty of people who didn't play sports. Are you sure it doesn't go beyond that?
>>
File: 0983284032908.jpg (335 KB, 1320x586) Image search: [Google]
0983284032908.jpg
335 KB, 1320x586
This is my problem

Now help me
>>
>>28059779
>I've also gone through the whole quitting 4chan meme/iron pill bullshit too.
Yeah, I'm 95% sure that shit is there to fuck with newfags kek

Just keep being a lazy, unproductive piece of shit, and quit feeling bad. It's like a paradox; as soon as you quick clouding your judgment with shame, you'll start being open to reality around you, and start noticing things that will set you off on your next direction.
>>
>>28059829
Borderline

oreganocommento
>>
>>28059795
Well, do you know what it is that you want to do? For a reward outside of just recognition or money?
>>
>>28059832
Why? Anyone in the world (outside of deformed people) can become 10/10 or 1/10 based on their own choices.
>>
>>28059892
Did you come straight from /adv/ or reddit?
>>
>>28059869
Personality disorders like that, for your own sake, should really be taken to a professional. Do you have access to one?
>>
>>28059874
I have no idea what I want to do. I want to be useful to others and make them happy. But I'd also like them to be kind to me in return. A reward of companionship/affection sounds nice.
>>
>>28059903
No, seriously, anyone can. That's not just cheesy shit out of a magazine. It's always bad skin, poor fashion sense, a bad haircut, etc. but for the most part, attractiveness is a personal choice.

Why do you think you're unattractive?
>>
>>28058819
I can't study at all. It's not ADHD or anything, in fact my attention span is above average.
I just can't study.

>years of being mediocre at school
>finally over
>university
>"hey physics sounds fun"
>ace entrance exam
>whenever I try to do something productive my mind goes blank and I switch to something else
>do literally nothing for a semester
>expelled for bad grades
>start over, systems engineering, online
>it's been 2 months
>still do nothing

I have the virtual campus tab open and I havent touched it for months
can you help?
>>
>>28059829
>Are you sure it doesn't go beyond that?
sure
faggot shit like the fact that im ugly and unatractive (because i never did any sports)
or i could also blame my parents for not being stric enough with me? idk dude for me the fact that life is meaningless and everything is fucked seem pretty logical, i've been always like this, take in count i realised why religion is bullshit when i was like 8 (for what my dad says)
im not always sad, but im alone you know, and it just seems like im just that kind of people who are always going to be that way.
i guess could blame weed too, used to smoke a lot, not so much now, but still as i said, this is pretty much how i think, im just being objective or realistic.
i know that there are good things in life too, i just dont feel them.
>>
>>28059861
I figure once i hit 25 things will just become more numb
>>
>>28059916
Why don't you take up a trade and meet a nice girl who comes from a good, stable family?

Your trade doesn't have to necessarily be your whole life or your identity, but it does give you a chance to learn how to do something that people sincerely can't live without, and will appreciate you for. Also, the more important your job is (in the grand scheme of things), the more attractive women will find you. It's probably a biological thing.
>>
>>28059487
I'm not OP, but man, I really wish I could give advice on how to meet people, because I'm in the exact same boat. What I can advise is to start exercising. Jogging is nice and all, but not as good as lifting. It's the single best effort-benefit thing you can do to improve your life. The only real downside is that it's boring as fuck, so swimming and a team sport would counteract that. Look for clubs or groups playing some sport you'd like to try. Come to think of it, it could kickstart your social life too. And about your parents, odds are that they don't hate you, because it's common for depressives to assume that of everybody.
>>
OP here. I'll answer all the ones above this post, and I'll have to go to bed. My phone just reminded me of an appointment I have tomorrow morning. I'm sorry.
>>
>>28059961
>faggot shit like the fact that im ugly and unatractive (because i never did any sports)
Plenty of people are attractive without rigorous physical activity. Just walk two miles every morning, if you don't want to do anything else. It's healthy, fun, and a great way to start a day. Your head is much clearer afterwards, too.

Life, in the concrete sense, is obviously pointless. But you live inside your own mind, so your own meaning is carved based on your emotions and your response to your environment. You aren't on Earth to live some sort of grand, divine purpose. You're here to squeeze as many reward chemicals out as you can before you die. For different people, those reward chemicals come from different things, which is why everyone has their own grand answer that never seems to work for you.

Just don't fall into the trap of thinking that momentary pleasures will necessarily yield long-term satisfaction. Shoot for long-term, not short-term. Quit thinking in terms of "points" and start thinking in terms of personal satisfaction.
>>
>>28060084
>Just walk two miles every morning
i do that actually, love listening to music while walkin
>and start thinking in terms of personal satisfaction.
i feel personal satisfaction when i play or make music
that shit doesnt give any money man
is ogre
thanks for the (You)'s
>>
File: Ugly-Black-Guy-Meme-Face-03[1].jpg (70 KB, 599x800) Image search: [Google]
Ugly-Black-Guy-Meme-Face-03[1].jpg
70 KB, 599x800
>>28059930
I'm not that guy, but come on man, anyone can be improved but anyone reaching 10 is reaching.
>>
>>28059949
Chronic procrastination stemming from self-sabotaging maybe? Self-steem issues?
>>
>>28060000
quints of uselessness
>>
>>28060193
no idea
pls help
>>
>>28059793
this. ate a 100mg edible after not smoking for months. i was so high that i was freaking out, felt more intense than shrooms, also didnt help that i took it before a final so it made it 10x more intense.
>>
>>28060179
Stop being such a virgin.

Everyone can become an 11/10 with just a bit of effort and being themselves
>>
>>28060270
Well I was asking if you do have self-steem issues.

Regardless, I think this is exactly the sort of thing that cognitive-behavioral therapy is good for. You could read about it and grasp a good portion, but I would advise you to look around for a CGT therapist, they should be able to tell.
>>
I want to watch helplessly while my wife gets BLACKED but she is repulsed by black men. How do I convince her to service the superior BBC?
>>
>>28060351
Had me going until "being themselves", bretty good 7.5/10
>>
>>28060357
alright thanks opie I'll immediately go postpone going to therapy for the rest of my life
>>
File: pepe-in-high-definition.png (509 KB, 10000x8889) Image search: [Google]
pepe-in-high-definition.png
509 KB, 10000x8889
>>28058819
I farted and it smells.
>>
>>28058819
I want to hang out with people who I think I can learn from. Problem is, those people tend to ignore me after a point.

I get plenty of attention from people, but they're often people who I don't enjoy spending time nor do I learn anything from our interactions.

Am I that person to another? How do I either accept people that accept me or gain the attention of people who are good?
>>
>>28058819

OK, my dog died, I got demoted, & I might be getting licked out of my apartment. My gf left me but that isn't important. All these in about a ten month span
>>
>>28061748
Well that seems opportunistic. I can't be sure if you're that guy for other people, but I'd say no, because your behavior seems to be uncommon. What is it you expect to learn? Skills? Hobbies? Connections?
>>
File: fa3a.png (18 KB, 645x943) Image search: [Google]
fa3a.png
18 KB, 645x943
>tfw want to shave head because embarrassing receding hairline
>have peyton manning sized forehead
>stuck hiding behind hair and being insecure about it or faced with embracing massive baby head

Half the people I see complaining on here about receding hairlines can at least not look terrible bald
>>
>>28061833
Well, when I was younger it was more skills; I want to learn blank, I should hang around with people that do blank.

Now that I'm older, I've realized hobbies/skills are more of things you yourself spearhead. So, now it's more "These people are happy and socially healthy, how can I learn to do this?"

For instance, I have a friend of mine that has always been loyal, but he's also a bit of a loser and we've drifted apart as I get older because I'm doing things and he is not. I'd probably talk to him less, but fuck I get lonely and he's a good person. On the other hand, I try to get the attention of people that are doing shit, but I never seem valuable enough to them to keep it.
>>
>>28058819
I keep gambling away my rent money. Just blew $600 today. Now Im 23 days late on rent... fml
>>
>>28062103
I'd say that having a friend who drags you down is relatively common, but a friend who pulls you up is very rare.

With that in mind, as long as that friend of yours isn't actually dragging you down, I'd say don't cut off contact. Hell, you can be the one who helps him up. And yes, now that you clarified it, I guess it's possible that these achievers treat you the way you fear you treat your friend.

As for the achievers, one piece of advice I received is that a good way to keep in touch with people is to make yourself useful to them. Find out something about their business or whatever, and let's say they're trying to find a liquor dealer, oh you happen to know who to put in touch with him. Ask them about their lives (always a good way to please someone), try to find things where you can help out.
>>
>>28058819
Everyone feels like a stronger no matter how long or intimately I know them.
>>
I have absolutely no motivation. I can't focus on my studies anymore. I've been avoiding my studies for a while now, and I don't know why. I get this sinking feeling in my stomach when I think about it, and I either shove my work aside and do it last-minute or I just don't do it. When I try to study, I get easily distracted and that demotivates me so I stop. I can't concentrate during lessons, and I can't even sit down to read a book like I used to.
>>
>>28058819
Nobody has every wanted me in my 24 years of live and I'm not a shut in that never leaves the house - I have met many people - so I'm confident that no one ever will. My desire for a feeling of love and intimacy has led to a heroin addiction which is the closest I can get to those feelings by myself.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.