[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /r9k/ think of tattoos? About to start my first now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12
File: images (7).jpg (25 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
25 KB, 313x470
What does /r9k/ think of tattoos? About to start my first now (family coat of arms on left shoulder)
>>
Degenerate, disgusting, a permanent label that you are mentally unhinged and have no foresight.

Stay the hell away from me.
>>
Nigger stamps are disgusting and an automatic red flag for a girl
>>
File: 1461291465281.jpg (41 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
1461291465281.jpg
41 KB, 500x502
>>28058272
tattoos always look like shit
>>
>>28058272
have them all over except my face, contrary what the fags above posted. they'll get you laid, it worked for me in H.S. my brother was a tattoo artist and i got my first tattoo at 15, i was the shit in school just for having a tat. im studying forensic pathology, as long as you where a long sleeve shirt, they wont give a shit since you work alone like 80% of the time. if you get some you might look less beta.
>>
>>28058289
Stay away from you? Not that hard when you probably smell like piss and don't leave the house at all.
>>
i wish i could get away with having my hands and neck tattood
>>
I think they look disgusting, I've cut contact with a girl I was dating because she had a tattoo. Absolute dealbreaker and great way to ruin yourself.
>>
File: edgelord.jpg (196 KB, 1761x820) Image search: [Google]
edgelord.jpg
196 KB, 1761x820
>>28058363
Wow you're so cool!

original
>>
ill take one tat, but only when i earn it..
>>
>>28058412
yeah everything is edgy for you, fucking butthurt virgin.
>>
>>28058294
Yeah a red flag to choose them over "nice guys" like you
>>
>>28058467
future single mom the post
>>
>>28058272
I got my two on an impulse, have a slipknot s on my forearm and a spiderman logo with webs around in my shoulder, kinda wish I didn't get them but it is what it is
>>
>>28058493
Hey, I calls em like i sees em
>>
For me for tats I'd have to be all in, like full sleeves and a neck tat, or none at all.
>>
>Have a house that I rent rooms out of
>Had a father and son move in
>Dad is recovering alcoholic
>Come home one day to him drinking on the stoop
>ask what's wrong
>Tells me his 18 year old got his knuckles tattooed
>His son lost his job soon after
>Hasn't been employed since
>had to kick him out because he was using needle drugs in my house

That feel when you watch a man lose hope for his only son
>>
>>28058272
>What does /r9k/ think of tattoos?

They're the mark of human trash.
>>
>>28058272
tattoos are a medium, they don't have an inherent message

that said I'd totally get a cross and/or flowers but tfw anxious
>>
When people go through intense shit in life they get tats to remember it, you're a bunch of white middle class geeks that hide in your rooms, that's why you don't understand.
>>
>>28058272
Lol @ thinking a quick google search will show you your family's coat of Arms.

If your didn't have it hanging by your mantel, you'll probably never know it buddy boyo fampie.

>t. did extensive research on the subject last year when I planned on doing the same thin you stupidly did
>>
"Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." - Jack London

>2016
>not having a single tat

ishygddt
>>
>>28058669

Exactly, these tightwads have not lived a second of life. Ever.
>>
>>28058641
Or you draw your own art and not pay some hillbilly to doodle off model cartoon characters being lewd on your leg
>>
disgusting. would never date a woman/fuck a trap if they had a tattoo. ear piercing i can deal with because some earrings look good but anything else is trashy.
>>
tattoos are for degenerate faggots

/thread
>>
>>28058641
>I know your lives

fuck off normalshit. precocious piece of trash
>>
>>28058272
they're neat, people overreact to them at all ends of society, either too positive or too negative. Human beings like to decorate themselves, it's part of our nature, and to dismiss or elevate one method of decorating ourselves over others is kind of silly
>>
>>28058272
For some people it looks fitting, for others not. I've been told that I look like a felony waiting to happen just because I'm darker skinned with tattoos on my fingers
>>
Everyone has them these days, and they usually are a joke. Only a certain kind of person should get tattoos in my opinion, but if you've got a reason for having it and it's drawn out well, then OK. Don't get one though just thinking, "Look at me! I'm a rebel!"
Your first tat can be a big deal. You don't want to send the wrong message. If you're tough, or want to look tougher, then by all means get inked up with something fierce. But don't be cutesy about it. Your tattoo artist can help you go over some options, if you decide it's right. Just tell them what you're going for and look at some pictures.
>>
Everyone gets tattoos because of the i'm a special snowflake mentality now every one has them. get rekt normie shits hahahah
>>
I am very involved in the punk scene and for a long time I believed that tattoos were the coolest things ever. I never got one - my problem was that I was either too broke, too chicken, or couldn't decide on what I wanted. Everyone in the scene has them all over.

Within the last year I've stopped drinking and started working out and generally stopped acting like a degenerate and now I can see no purpose for tattoos (at least for Western people). Instead, I see them as a hallmark of someone who is vain, uncertain of him or herself, and has a very large ego. It's kind of like a step up from hot topic. I never thought I would have this view but it's kind of obvious when you start seeing it.
>>
File: 1403491766930.jpg (79 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1403491766930.jpg
79 KB, 500x500
Just wait another 20-30 years and you'll see all the people who jumped on the tattoo trend working at gas stations and emptying garbage cans in office buildings. Idiots.

By then, age and gravity will have caught up with them and the chick with the chest piece will be looking run down and used up while she rings up your order at Arby's. Such a free spirit in her 20's, now she has a raspy voice from smoking/drinking for decades and her bleach blonde hair is frayed and the root color is coming through at the scalp. Her skin is saggy and leathery and her ear lobes are like deflated tires because she stretchied them and Arby's corporate won't let her wear plugs. At 43, she'll claim discrimination and complain to her teenage co-workers on her way out the back exit to take an unscheduled smoke break.

Meanwhile, at 45, her ex-boyfriend with sleeve tattoos and facial piercings will have a gigantic beer gut, a year's worth of beard growth, and wears Chuck Taylors and still has a wallet chain. His tattoos that used to express his personality so well have faded and expanded as he gained weight, plus years of sun from outside labor have turned his skin into a darkened, wrinkly mess. He looks every bit of 60 at 45. The kids at work see his tattoos and stretched ear lobes and think "man, that guy must have been pretty cool about 20 years ago." Every night after work, he stops at the gas station and buys a 12-pack of Natty Ice and drinks himself into oblivion in his shitty studio apartment he's lived in for the past 9 years. In his daily drunken stupor, he wonders where it all went wrong. He wakes up with the usual hangover and prays that his 1974 Bronco will start up so he can get to work at the warehouse on time.
>>
>>28058719
yet those degenerates get the girls you wish you had while youre jerking to anime girls.
>>
File: tattooed-pigs_1577472i.jpg (44 KB, 620x466) Image search: [Google]
tattooed-pigs_1577472i.jpg
44 KB, 620x466
>>28058272

I hate them. They are both ugly and suggest membership in the underclass.

Human skin is a poor canvas. The Belgian artist Wim Delvoye is known for tattooing pigs. Like all good art, this is amenable to various interpretations. I choose to interpret this as valuable, in the sense that it shows how ugly tattoos are on flesh. No matter how pretty the pattern, it's still lipstick on a pig. Even the Queequeg in the OP pic, who seems to have a nice fit body, has ruined it with the tats.
>>
>>28058787
>living for your 40s
>>
>>28058363
Do you have one on your neck? If so how do you deal with that?
>>
I think they are disgusting and trashy on women, no exceptions. I dislike them on men but I'm still trying to figure it out. How do they play into the halo effect bullshit? People sometimes respond favorably to them it seems. I also date tans but started using mt2 for a fake tan after seeing I'm one of the few who know tans are ugly. I might get flowers or something like that. Pretty so it's not something I'd hate too much but it still counts as tattoos. I seriously fucking hate them though so I doubt I'd ever do it.
>>
>>28058272
>family coat of arms

Lol stay cucked my man. You're not from a royal bloodline and even if you would, they wouldn't get a tattoo. Just stamp "peasant" on your arm, fag.
>>
So here is the deal you are dumber right now then you will be in 5 years.

In 5 years you would be able to pick a better tattoo .

But see this cycle never ends. So don't make your future you live with stupid tattoos
>>
File: swagfag.jpg (53 KB, 495x660) Image search: [Google]
swagfag.jpg
53 KB, 495x660
if you have tattoos you're a fucking degenerate and should kill yourself for real. Here's a list of some people who get tattoos:

>idiot gym rats whose failed at absolutely everything in life except lifting (where they're not successful at all, they just don't completely suck at it)
>ravers/EDM faggots
>bikers (fags)
>losers who dropped out of HS and digs ditches for a living
>art students at NYU with manbuns who pays $9 for a venti grande latte double cinnamon with extra jizz every morning (as if they even need caffeine with the useless shit they're studying)
>yoloswagkids
>sluts
>niggers
>>
>>28058787
my sides

original
>>
You guys are a bunch of tightwads afraid to express yourselves. That's one of the many reasons why you're still virgins, you're scared to death of what people might think of you.
>>
>>28058945
It's cool, i'm getting emotion written in kanji down one forearm and the names of my family on the other in comic sans
>>
File: 1445360248740.png (105 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1445360248740.png
105 KB, 512x512
>mfw im Hapa so i can tattoo my jip jong last name somewhere if i want
>mfw all these fagets who tatoo meaningless japanese words on their body
>>
>>28058272
Don't listen to these cretins OP, tattoos are awesome. I have almost both my calfs covered and I'm planning on getting a sleeve on my arm done soon.
>>
>>28058953
So basically people who have more sex than you?
>>
>95% shit/tumblr-tier
>4% ok
>1% cool or significant

This is my ratio I've concluded as being accurate
>>
File: 1444237667915.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1444237667915.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>scarring yourself for "muh expreshun"
Normalfags, am I right?
>>
>>28058272
oh yeah a family coat to put on your noble house's flag and identify you for your many subordinates as you ride out to battle

>>28058641
>>28058669
it's just pointless scribbling, what are you so shallow even your memories are skin deep? no grasp on the impermanence of your skin, your body your brain everything that it's pointless to write anything down?

my body may be a rotten sinking ship but damn at least it's got a name and its dignity. writing graffiti on yourself is stupid.
>>
I have a tattoo solely for seduction purposes. I got in on the left side of my pelvis, right in the boxer's line, so you can only see half unless I lower my underwear a bit. It's my zodiac sign, too, it's a bit cheesy but women like astrology.
It's also really good looking aesthetically. A lot of tattoos are not. Fuck meaning, if you wanna impress shit on your body at least make sure it's attractive so when it loses meaning you don't look like a retarded fuck.
>>
>>28059615
i have trouble taking you seriously and would try to stifle my strong impulse to treat you like a sub-person if we were forced to interact publicly.

expect s l o w talk, no big words, direct statements and questions only.
>>
File: tumblr_l5821m8GJI1qambyno1_1280.jpg (329 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l5821m8GJI1qambyno1_1280.jpg
329 KB, 1280x853
>>28058787
Tattoos are qt af.
No one cares about aesthetics when you're older, as long as they look good when you're young when it counts is all that matters
>>
>>28058869
not on my neck, just above my collarbone. jobs dont really give a shit about tattoos as long as theyre not gang related. and you cover them up. my brother was a tattoo artist and now is a real estate agent. people call him "the cool realtor". guess it all boils down to your job. if you have tattoos all over and work at mcdonalds youre seen as fuck up, loser, trash. but if a guy has a respectable job hes seen as cool,rebellious edgy(in a good way) free spirit etc.
>>
>>28059675
Thank god.
Superfluous communication and unnecessary use of complex language, that can be easily substituted for simple language yet still convey the same message is the mark of a pseudo intellectual, usually with no formal education in communication or writing.
>>
Tattoos are so fucking gay
>>
>>28058272
If it's something small and meaningful, I think it doesn't matter. I might get a gadsden flag tattoo soemday. however, normie tattoos like butterflies and dolphins are gay as shit. also, excessive tattoos are obnoxious.
>>
File: 1458937276427.jpg (46 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1458937276427.jpg
46 KB, 612x612
>>28058787
>prays that his 1974 Bronco will start up
>tfw this was my first car
>tfw was the first person in school to have his own car at 16 years old
>work all summer to save enough money for it and enough for insurance and gas until next summer
>fully 100% mine and attained with no help at all from family
>tfw I was cool for that year because of the car and everyone knew me for it. I was that dude with the sweet bronco.
>tfw friends would pile into it and we'd drive around and laugh and have good times
>tfw engine block cracked and had to sell it for scrap

I MISS THAT FUCKING CAR SO MUCH THAT WAS THE BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE
>>
>>28058787

Imagine being this painfully bitter and going to this much effort but completely failing to grasp that most people with tattoos are educated, employed, solidly middle class people
>>
>>28059900
>most people with tattoos are educated, employed, solidly middle class people
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>28058953
>>losers who dropped out of HS and digs ditches for a living

>he actually thinks digging ditches is a job

Fuck, omegas are beyond stupid. What's it like existing in a fantasy world to cope with being an insufferable loser?
>>
>>28059931

How do you think people afford shitloads of tattoos, you fucking retard?

Do you actually know people?
>>
>>28059970
>How do you think people afford shitloads of tattoos

By sharing a basement suite with 2 other roommates and working a shit job with zero education like most people with tattoos

>most people with tattoos are educated, employed, solidly middle class people
>most people

This is where you became retarded. It is definitely the minority that are educated with good jobs. Unless you count 18 year old freshmen girls with live love laugh tattood on them as educated
>>
>>28059970
>Tattoos are so expensive you need to borrow against your house in order to get more than one.
You're pretty fucking retarded
>>
>>28058272

r9k has the same views on tattoos as someone's super religious grandpa.

I like them on women, and I'm indifferent to them on men. But these days, chicks dig 'em for the most part. Don't expect that to last, though. Trends are trends after all.
>>
>>28060455
>implying someone's super religious grandpa isn't the most alpha hard ass mother fucker you'll ever meet
>>
I have a full sleeve thats still in the process of getting fixed, but if I were to post some pictures could someone give me some advice on where to go from here? I had a friend birddog me into going to a really shitty artist and he fucked my forearm up and ive been paying up the ass to have it fixed.
>>
>>28060512

>implying I implied something that was never implied
>>
>>28060455
Its been a "trend" for the last 40 years or so man
>>
File: Yakuza-Tattoo-Designs.jpg (120 KB, 800x990) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-Tattoo-Designs.jpg
120 KB, 800x990
My biggest gripe about tattoos is that they're usually a jumble or random stuff. You're treating your body like a piece of luggage, slapping on stickers to remember where you've been.
Tattoos and stickers both tell a story and I'll agree that it's cool and intersting. The difference is that a piece of luggage isn't your fucking body. You look like a nascar plastered with ads, it isn't aesthetically pleasing.
I would find it acceptable if you dedicate your body to a single consistent piece of work, pic related.

Most likely though you're going to have some stupid shit like a triforce, ANY text or something you describe as "it symbolizes blah blah blah"
>>
>>28060709
da fug, why his belly no ink?

do even hardcore criminals hide their shame so they can wear a kimono?

they also can't swim at public pools or beaches, fucking dumbcunts
>>
>>28060748
>they also can't swim at public pools or beaches, fucking dumbcunts
That's actually the point, it's a symbol of lifelong commitment to the yakuza
>>
Tattoos are mostly for unintelligent people with self-esteem issues stemming from their deficient personalities that want to be speshul and uneek little snowflakes so badly that they'll vandalize themselves. "Express" yourselves all you want with your stupid ink, it just makes it easier to spot human trash.
>>
Don't have any tats at the moment, but planning on getting 2 or 3 some day. Maybe more. Waiting until I move out so I can go full degenerate and my family can't kick me or out anything over it.
>>
>>28060034

You're objectively fucking retarded. The very reason that tattoos are so much more popular over the last decade is entirely down to the middle classes getting them in droves - because they have the disposable income (which they get by being well educated) to do so.

>>28060303

>I literally make things up because I don't have an argument but have a desperate need to post
>>
>>28060888

>being so utterly bitter and omega that you literally expend the energy on ranting against a strawman
>>
i think tattoo's are for degenerates and trashy poor idiots with no impulse control or common sense and i detest the idea of them but i often fantisize abot getting a big obnoxious stupid poorly done tattoo in an easy to conceal location on my body and having it for a year or two then getting it removed for the satisfaction of there being one less retarded ugly tattoo in the world pretty cool huh.
>>
>>28059319
Thats because your mom gives them a free ride
>>
>>28061285
Sorry, that must have further damaged your already frail sense of self, why don't you get a tatt symbolizing your butthurt, you fucking retard.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.