[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do normies think everything is the result of hard work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 23
File: 1455336761651.jpg (523 KB, 1642x1493) Image search: [Google]
1455336761651.jpg
523 KB, 1642x1493
why do normies think everything is the result of hard work?
>>
>>28058049

NIGGER
NIGGER
NIGER
NIGGER
>>
File: gorilla taco.png (488 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
gorilla taco.png
488 KB, 500x500
because they're stupid enough to fool themselves into thinking it because it gives them false hope.
>>
They delude themselves into thinking that they could do anything of they really tried. It's the only to bear a mediocre life.
>>
>>28058049
because they want to take all the credit.
>>
The only people who can really empathize with others are losers, because they know life sucks.

Normies think everyone can be successful because they are successful.
You don't have a girlfriend? Just bee yourself.
>>
>>28058049
Have you ever worked your ass off in your life?
Drrrrrhrrrrrr
>>
>>28058220
yes
and got nothing to show for it
and stopped trying
>>
File: 71tQZn147cL._UX575_.jpg (28 KB, 575x365) Image search: [Google]
71tQZn147cL._UX575_.jpg
28 KB, 575x365
C'mon manboys, pull yourself up by your velcro flaps.
>>
>>28058220
yea

worked hard in school, graduated with honors
got a good job straight out of school
developed many hobbies that made me leave the house
worked on my career up until my late twenties, promoted many times

got nothing for it, was still a khv, gave up and became a NEET
>>
File: 1429843072599.png (325 KB, 576x566) Image search: [Google]
1429843072599.png
325 KB, 576x566
Because they're good proles.
>>
>>28058049
Superbad chicks give me mclooovin
>>
The just world fallacy
Origami
>>
shoot yourself with a positive attitude and you will survive I assure you
>>
>>28059621
Unless you wear the wrong shoes, then you're fired.
>>
>>28058200
It's like some horrible trap. You can't imagine it until you're in it, and if you try to tell other people what it's like they don't believe you. What did we do to deserve this hell?
>>
File: 1461349449417.jpg (185 KB, 534x1236) Image search: [Google]
1461349449417.jpg
185 KB, 534x1236
>>28058049
Brainwashed during early years/weak willed think they're entitled to everything if they just "work hard and uboat me bro".
>>
>>28058847
LEGIT!
>>28058376
Shut your commie PC ass up boi.
>>
File: 123985255961jpg.jpg (47 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
123985255961jpg.jpg
47 KB, 900x600
>>28058049

No one told them the world is rigged in the favor of those with money and power. So they justify it by thinking if they "work hard" they'll be among the rich and powerful.

Some people realize it early, some don't until they have a midlife crisis of sorts, and some just stay in the dark forever.
>>
>people who are so proud of themselves for working overtime

Guess how your boss is spending Saturday? He's out on the yacht with his gold digger harem. Keep earning him more shekels with your back, good boy, be proud of working 48 hours week
>>
>>28059726
communism is politically incorrect
remember "this land is your land"? how many people who sing that song keep in the anti private property verse?
>>
They convince themselves that they are better than other people because they worked hard. They like to believe life is fair otherwise they would have to face up to the fact that a lot of people get fucked over for no reason.

They literally lie to themselves constantly so they can feel good.
>>
File: 1455511885271.jpg (154 KB, 1277x849) Image search: [Google]
1455511885271.jpg
154 KB, 1277x849
They cannot comprehend the fact that the world isn't a fair place and that the only reason why they are so successful is through sheer dumb fucking luck.
>>
Because our education system is based on classical liberalism.

They've been force-fed idealistic bullshit in school that all successes and failures are the result of individual character and virtue. They don't even have the most rudimentary understanding of dialectical materialism.
>>
>>28058121
>>28058049
nah senpai its just the easy answer to a complex problem and its what they have to believe
in order to keep working hard, you have to believe that theres some hope for change, some goal to be obtained, why work for a meaningless task

in order to squash this cognitive dissonance they resort to le positive thinking XDDD
>>
>>28058049
It literally is based on hard work. Why so so many neorobots think they were just doomed? I hate this shit man why can't we all just be comfy. Accept yourself already.
You guys would probably call me a normie just because I don't sulk all the time about things that are easily fixed. I just enjoy my flaws.
>>
File: 1431944176538.png (798 KB, 800x481) Image search: [Google]
1431944176538.png
798 KB, 800x481
>>28060369
a pro post
>>
>>28060369
An excellent quality post,good job!
>>
>>28060574
>>28060544
In what world

It's just more neor9k bullshit trying to pretend they had nothing to do with how their life turned out
>>
File: 1456002218553.jpg (197 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1456002218553.jpg
197 KB, 633x758
>>28060591
>5'6
>Balding at 20
>Dream of joining the airforce crushed by my diagnosed Autism
>Parents sheltered me my whole life so I never properly developed friendships when it mattered the most
>"JUST WORK HARD ANON JUST TALK TO PEOPLE GET A JOB GETTING A GF IS EASY ITS ALL YOUR FAULT THAT YOUR ALONE FUCKING VIRGIN FAGGOT LEECH"
>>
>>28060591
So we do live in a just world then normo? Here's where I bring up the starving Somalis and sickly children and you cry 'buh buh buh are you really comparing yourself to africans?'
we live in a shit, and unfair world, I thought primary school would have got that through your head, however minimal there are certain people that are more disadvantaged than you.
You can pretend all you want that you have moral authority cause muh existentialism, but everyone knows you're a petty coward who was handed everything
>>
File: 1443488335130.gif (80 KB, 592x415) Image search: [Google]
1443488335130.gif
80 KB, 592x415
>>28060066
>be me in middle school
>get straight A's
>honor roll
>parents still shit on me
>still get bullied
>stop trying
>drop down to straight C's
>parents shit on me more
>2 years later parents get divorced
>get told i'm a useless piece of shit
>get bullied and shit on in highschool
>almost fail every year
>graduate
>become NEET
i consider suicide daily
>>
The just world fallacy and classical liberalism are both very good, very plausible answers. The only thing I'd add is that everyone is the main character of their own life. It's psychologically healthier to think of yourself as someone who acts on the world rather than someone who is acted upon by the world, and after all "psychologically healthier" is equivalent to "more normalfaggy." The only way for that to work out is for successful people to believe that it's their own virtue, and unsuccessful people's own vices, that put them in this situation.
>>
>>28060591
that guy is right, liberalism sucks and dilectical materialism is the light
>>
Waahhh wahhh life sucks cuz things are unfair. Ive got anxiety and acne. Wahhhh wahhhhhh wahhhhh. Get a fucking grip and a therapist. No normies think like is fair and that every person has an equal chance. You are all deluded af.
>>
>>28060661
What's stopping you from being successful again?
>>28060669
Nah. I'm not a normie at all. Probably more of a robot than you. Life is determined by hard work.
You're insane if you think that statement implies the world is fair or that normies think that
>>
File: emma stone.png (410 KB, 530x709) Image search: [Google]
emma stone.png
410 KB, 530x709
the problem with jobs is that they are increasingly socially demanding in a world that does not adequately nurture social skills.

in a school setting for example, many robots will excel because they are given the tools to succeed. but in adult life it becomes more complex then being taught a task and then repeating the process. there is never ending social bullshit to wade through that takes us out like a flood.
>>
File: 1457244931874.jpg (101 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1457244931874.jpg
101 KB, 399x388
>>28060721
>comes on a containment board for people with autism and low self esteem
>tries to fix them by making fun of them
classic normie
>>
>>28060757
Neor9k please leave. Get out normie
>>
File: 1458283270117.jpg (13 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
1458283270117.jpg
13 KB, 526x526
>>28060721
NORMALFAGS NORMAFAGS!

I'LL STUFF YOUR BODIES IN BAGS!

I'LL STRING YOU UP ON POLES!

AND DUMP YOUR BODIES IN HOLES!

NORMALFAGS NORMALFAGS!

KEEP FUCKING YOUR HAGS!

I'LL CAST MY UNHOLY RETRIBUTION UPON YOU!

ALL YOU WILL SEE IS POO!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>28060669
>starving Somalis
Irrelevant to this discussion, this concerns the people posting on this website. Aside from that, they could vastly improve the situation by not having so many fucking kids and working together instead of killing each other. If you chop off your own legs, you don't get the right to bitch when you can't do jumping jacks. Also, of course situation plays a role. If a fucking meteor falls from space and turns you into a crater, no amount of hard work would stop that, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But that wouldn't invalidate your life preceding that point.
>you're a petty coward who was handed everything
Ok maybe I am, but you are a petty coward who was handed nothing. I'm still better than you.
>>
File: 1455646931200.jpg (26 KB, 731x565) Image search: [Google]
1455646931200.jpg
26 KB, 731x565
>>28060771
how does that make me a normie?
this is originalio robot benis
>>
>>28060747
If life is "determined by hard work", then it is fair idiot.
>>
>>28060810
Explain , Mr sadhead
>>
>>28060672
If you're clinically depressed, give ketamine a shot before you go for broke.

http://www.nature.com/tp/journal/v4/n10/full/tp2014105a.html

It might be a miracle cure for depression.

Sorry about the shit you went through by the way.
>>
>>28060834
Whoever works hardest, according to you, gets the rewards. So life is fair.

Anyone who thinks for ten seconds realizes this is bullshit though.
>>
>>28060836
He didn't even go through anything, nigga just gave up
>>
>>28060747
>Nah. I'm not a normie at all. Probably more of a robot than you.
nah probably not normo, and if so what makes you think you know anything about being normal and how to get there? If you're one of those underachieving NEETs whos content with blaming himself
what makes you think that everyone should blame themselves? You fucked your life up being lazy, doesnt mean everyone with a fucked up life is lazy. My friends who did jack shit at school have girlfriends, and tons of friends
I focused on school and now I am a loner loser who'll probably end up in debt
>You're insane if you think that statement implies the world is fair or that normies think that
You cant say life is determined by hard work and simultaneously 'but the world isnt fair', since in an unfair world hard work does not necessitate a good life, or reflective outcome
ask any college student in debt working in retail
>>
>>28060747
>The world is determined by hard work
>But life isn't fair

I worked my ass off and I got rewarded with debt, NEETdom, and a family who pretends that I am dead.
>>
Protip - work smart, not just work hard. You can try to unscrew a screw all day with your bare hands, but a smart person uses a screwdriver.
>>
>>28060902
No ones talking about actual hard labor dummy. We're talking about how normies delude themselves.
>>
>>28060862
Sounds like you're just taking your current situation and pretending it applies to everyone.
You need to work hard, make good decisions.
The normie advice is said over and over again because it's true for most people, especially those affluent enough to sit at a computer and bitch about how much their lives suck
>being alone makes you a loser
Come on man.

I feel that r9k really are just college students scared that they have to guide their own lives and blaming the world for not holding their hand.
>>28060882
Less vague please
>>
>>28060792
>this concerns the people posting on this website
pretty sure saying we live in an unfair world concerns everyone, especially those who were born in poverty. I bring up the somalis because they are a very blatant example of how unfair the world is. In >>28060862 I gave an example of my own situation
The thing with you normies is you always assume we havent tried. We have, probably harder then you ever have, and we got nowhere, parading around your inherent success in life says nothing about your work ethic or how good of a person you are
>>
>>28060862
>going to college means your a hard worker
>debt is a catastrophic end of life bad thing
nobody forced you to go to college
i want the kids gone
>>
>>28060928
>Sounds like you're just taking your current situation and pretending it applies to everyone.
very blatant projection. That is exactly what you are doing. I am perfectly fine accepting that there are people who are in shit cause they are lazy, because I understand that there are people beyond my scope of life experiences. You on the otherhand are unwilling to accept that there are other people have have tried hard and despite this failed, me as an example.
>>
>>28060933
I don't give a FUCK about somalis, we're talking YOU. If YOU work hard then you'll get places.
There is literally nothing bad about your situation from what you described .
>>
Most normies I know go through a natural life progression where they just settle in to almost everything and take it for granted. I'm sure a few had to struggle and work hard...but seriously, most didn't. They get most connections from their social lives that they've had effortlessly since kindergarten, or from family. Ask most normies how they got their first job or met their wife or anything, it is just social connections, literally zero merit or "hard work".
>>
>>28060066
fucking this.

i'm a wagie but i outright refuse to work overtime unless i'm paid penalty rates which is time and a half pay. Fucking doing that shit for free to "look good" and be "noticed" cause you wont get noticed and they will barley see you.
>>
>>28061000
Every normie I've met has worked hard to get to where they are. Busting their ass with dead parents, abusive homes, awful schools. But they made good decisions and pulled through
>I can play this game too
>>
>>28061000
>im going to judge people I barely know and already dislike based on overheard comments and what they have
>>
>>28061035
Except what I said is observably true, and what you said isn't.
>>
>>28060952
>going to college means your a hard worker
maybe it wasn't so hard for you gramps back when everything was 25c, and anybody with half a brain could enrol in university
>>
>>28060933
>unfair world applies to everyone
The thread is "Why do normies think everything is the result of hard work" you wanted to bring up starving Africans, who are either born into death (have absolutely no chance by every metric) or could improve their situation but don't.
>examples
You didn't give an example of jack shit friendo.
>people I know have friends, this invalidates all of my choices
Fuck you. If you focused on school, then you should have something to show for it. If you don't, that's your fault. There is no degree in friends and friends are no metric of overall success. Time to empty the piss jugs and reassess.
>>
>>28061058
It isn't judging. I'm not saying they are bad people. I'm saying most people get ahead through social connections, not "working hard". You'd have to be weilfully ignorant to deny this.
>>
>>28061068
>my anecdote is fact
What
>>28061069
What world are you living in
>>
>>28061068
Prove it, fag.

Originally.
>>
>>28060984
>There is literally nothing bad about your situation from what you described
having no friends, family or relationships, no love or intimacy is not normal
>we're talking YOU
no we are talking in a general sense, you or whoever started the argument made the generalization that hard work = success, which is not the case for everyone, myself as an example
>>
>>28061093
Are you seriously claiming the majority of people get where they are from "hard work" in some kind of vacuum?

Are you seriously this fucking stupid? Holy shit
>>
>never had a job
>no plans on going to college
>Normies shit all over me for this
>just basically do the exact opposite of everything normies tell me to do
>now get free shit every month
>stay out of jail by blatantly not giving a fuck about doing even a single minute of community service in front of the judge
>have gf who's actually attractive and cares about me because I never went around fucking sluts just to get laid
>somehow get nearly everything I want without working for it
>still going after autismbux for extra cash
>everyone gets mad as fuck that I'm fully capable of working but refuse to be a wageslave
Moral of the story: fuck hard work. Just do whatever the fuck you want to. If you don't try you can't fail, and if you don't care or have any expectations you'll never be disappointed. Also, don't put pussy on a pedestal. I never got laid until I got out of the friend zone with my girl and I don't regret turning down the opportunity to go after any of the sluts I could have fucked in the past. If "just being yourself" doesn't work then it's not worth pursuing them in the first place because you're just setting yourself up for a miserable relationship.
>>
>>28058353
>>28058353
>worked hard in school, graduated with honors
>worked on my career up until my late twenties, promoted many times
>got nothing for it

>graduated with honors, promoted many times
>got nothing for it

Are you retarded?
>>
>>28061078
>If you focused on school, then you should have something to show for it. If you don't, that's your fault
Yeah I have a degree friendo, and a better education than you do obv

I brought up somalis because to say all success is a result of hard work is to say somalis are where they are because they lack ambition, which is ridiculous
>>28061093
>What world are you living in
clearly a different one from the one you grew up in.
>>
>>28061107
>it's not normal therefore it's bad
Huh?
Also , grow a backbone. Learn to tough it out.
Like fuck, you're honestly calling doom and gloom over your life because you're lonely?
You're normie as fuck.
>>28061116
Are you seriously claiming the majority of people get where they are because its handed to them
Are you seriously this fucking stupid? Holy shit
>literally pulling out the Carl fallacy
>>
>>28061160
>Are you seriously claiming the majority of people get where they are because its handed to them

Yes. This is obvious.
>>
>>28058220
Sure have, made $9 an hour for tiring landscaping at 12 hours a day and 6 days a week. Being that tired all the time was not worth that low pay. Then through the grace of nepotism I got a job in data entry. $14 an hour at 8 hours a day, about 5 hours of (easy) actual work on a computer and 3 hours of fucking around youtube or my phone. I'd never go back to manual labor. It was all thanks to the luck of knowing the right person. Hard work got me nothing but meager payment and many days of sore back and legs.
>>
>>28060661
Honestly, you could succeed if you tried.
You won't magically turn into a rich chad of course
But if you seriously worked really hard and didn't let your failures get in your way, you will come out the other end much better off.
You just aren't willing to work hard enough, or are too afraid of failure.
>>
>>28061149
>this guy is honestly implying that I am an old man and all modern college students are hard workers and college students of the past were lazy
>>
>>28061139
it sure as hell seems like it. hes searching for validation from others when all that really matters is self validation. the only problem he has is that in his seeking for self validation, he views the validation of others as the ultimate goal. he will never be happy because of this.
>>
>>28061178
>Are you seriously claiming the majority of people get where they are from "hard work" in some kind of vacuum?
Yes. This is obvious.
>>
>>28061149
Yea you have a degree, and you do what with it? You post on /r9k/ about how smart you are. You got where you are because you're a retarded faggot.

If Somalis wanted to, as a people, they could throw down their weapons, establish a provisional government, and use the massive amounts of foreign aid they receive to start the building blocks of a peaceful country. But they don't. They cant even comprehend that that is even an option. But that's /pol/'s purview.
>>
>>28060672
>wahhh im not good enough for others
>i give up
>wahhh people dont like an apathetic loser
>i give up more
>wahhh im not happy

youre a faggot.
>>
>>28061214
It isn't though. Stop acting dumb. There are exceptions to everything but the majority of people have ther lives structured around social connections.
>>
>>28061160
>You're normie as fuck.
im sorry not everyone is an 17 year/o depressed neet who flunked his way out of highschool and cant land a job
> you're honestly calling doom and gloom over your life because you're lonely?
yeah buddy I am, and considering loneliness is a leading cause of suicide and depression I think I am not the only one
In fact, I'd rather have a gf, family and friends than a good career, its ridiculous that i even have to write that down

>>28061194
>this guy is honestly implying that I am an old man
nah you implied that yourself pap
>>
>>28058049
Don't call it hard work it's more like careful planning and if you correctly plan out something it will happen. It's like saying you can't be /fit/ because hard work is a meme. It's obviously bullshit because with hard work and careful planning you can get that six pack before summer. Same applies to whatever else you want.
>>
>>28061198
This is the biggest problem
People here think validation through others is the only way to be successful and happy, they think all other achievements are useless in comparison
>>
>>28061247
Then we're done here. Grow up.
You have no argument.
>>
>believing in free will
>2016

SHIGGY
>>
>>28061243

It isn't though. Stop acting dumb. There are exceptions to everything but the majority of people have ther lives structured around hard work .
>>
>>28061215
>You got where you are because you're a retarded faggot.
hey bud im more successful and ambitious than you friendo

>If Somalis wanted to, as a people, they could throw down their weapons, establish a provisional government
why don't you start the uprising bud? oh yeah you cant lol
>>28061264
yeah run away little man
>>
>>28061247
You're just specifically choosing to be sad at this point over nothing and there really is nothing more anyone can say to people like you. Maybe that's the reason you don't have friends.
>>
It's one of the reasons why they're so happy and content.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis#Positive_mental_health_effects
>>
>>28061315
dude you're beyond help if you think being friendless virgin loser with no family doesn't warrent sadness
>>
lel everyone knows logically that it isn't hard work and force of will that determines anything in life.

Realizing it doesn't matter makes you depressed and/or insane though so people pretend they are in control and determining everything themselves. Our minds are programmed in a really gay way where we have to believe this.
>>
>>28060669
and youre a whiny faggot who doesnt want to take accountability for yourself. no one is claiming moral superiority, he is just arguing that you could succeed if, instead of giving up and thinking your world is over because one thing, you keep looking forward and working to improve your life.
>>
>>28061342
>tfw that describes me
>tfw happy
>more satisfied in life than you
>>
>>28061000
>social connections
Matters literally more than anything else. I may be a NEET but my life would be a hopeless trainwreck without the people who supported/continue to support my degeneracy. If it wasn't for the circles I hung around in high school and the people I met through them I'd never have made it to where I am today. Am I successful? Not at all. Am I happy? Not when I'm sober. Have I made horrible fucking mistakes? Absolutely, but I don't care anymore. Shit could be much worse. All that really matters to me is having a few people that actually care about me and the constant fight against boredom. Without the connections I've made, I'd have absolutely zero reason to even want to live right now.
>>
>>28060669
Unfair?

It would be unfair if my alpha sperm can impregnate the same sexy/healthy girls as your poor genes
>>
>>28058049
They've been told for all their lives that individualism is great and that every alternative is bad. And because it's so great, it must be a just system in which everyone is equal and has the same chances, so it has to be possible for everyone to get everywhere they want if they just work hard enough. It's basically a set of delusions that they were led to believe from childhood on.
>>
>>28060511
they were never robots like those who say they got results when they actually tried
>>
>>28061431
Untrue, I exist and don't need social connections.
>>
>>28061130
>>now get free shit every month
>>stay out of jail by blatantly not giving a fuck about doing even a single minute of community service in front of the judge

I didn't get it. Can you explain?

>>have gf who's actually attractive and cares about me because I never went around fucking sluts just to get laid

Don't give me false hopes.

>If "just being yourself" doesn't work then it's not worth pursuing them in the first place because you're just setting yourself up for a miserable relationship.

I kinda agree, but if I just be myself I doubt I will find any girl, because I don't have any ambitions. All I want is a fucking small apartment to expend the rest of my life on it.
>>
>>28061355
Very extremist
Ever thought that it's a bit of both?
Of course we're all born with certain capabilities better or worse than others
but unless you apply them you aren't getting anywhere.
No, you won't be POTUS or a rock star, but if you work at something you can be more than just a useless neet.
It's not about being in control and determining everything in your life, it's just about being the best you can be with the cards you're dealt.
>>
File: 1459901943337.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1459901943337.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>28061215
WEEEWWWW...
Schlomo, maybe that'd be feasible for Somalis to do if it wasn't for the fact that the U.S. military is slaughtering them and fucking up their entire shit at the behest of the Pentagon, the C.I.A. and a Cabal of International Bankers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ugDYszCFbc8
>>
>>28060669
>the starving Somalis

Believe me, anon, you DO NOT want to give them anything.
>>
>>28061250
Or, and I know this is a wild idea, he's just lonely and wants someone give his love to but not having someone naturally and understandably makes him sad.

Every time someone here complains that they want love and affection just like everyone else around them, some armchair psychologist has to go
>just be happy without basic wants and needs lol xD
It's literally the reverse of "just b urself".
>>
>normies say hard work is everything
>proceed too Look down on anybody who wasn't born into a stable affluent family

For real, my brothers are breaking the class barrier and they say you have to keep your true rags to riches story because being low born is basically toxic
>>
>>28061477
>can you explain?
I get an extremely large amount of benzos by abusing the psychiatric system. I'll let you figure out where the rest of the free shit comes from on your own. As for the court shit, I just got arrested for petty weed charges a few times and happen to live in a place with shit fucking drug laws. I just told the judge I don't fucking care, lock me up. Then they said no, felt bad for me, and dropped literally all of it. What a joke.
>don't give me false hope
Don't even bother having hope, just stop caring. It really doesn't matter unless through some twist of fate it happens.
>being yourself doesn't work because you have zero aspirations
My current girlfriend knew I had zero aspirations and gave zero fucks about doing anything with my life before she ever started dating me. Literally the only woman I ever had feelings for in any way and now after years of being in the friend zone and falling in and out of contact I'm no longer a virgin and she's my gf. I don't even know how shit like this happens but I guess I got pretty damn lucky.
>>
>>28061663
I'm not rich and I think genes are more important
>>
>>28061663
Normies love nothing more than a rags to riches story.
>>
>>28061709
Maybe when you hit the top, but on the way there you have to hide it or you're treated like a leper
>>
>>28061334
It states just world for oneself has positive mental health effects, not everybody which actually has negative consequences according to this article. Just wanted to point that out. I guess Normies can't tell the difference.
>>
>>28061733
You only have to hide it if you're a white male.

>inb4 /pol/
>>
>>28058049
Why do robots think nothing can be gained from hard work?
>>
File: tmp_5149-1461128799741196202714.jpg (316 KB, 1242x2109) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5149-1461128799741196202714.jpg
316 KB, 1242x2109
>>28061867
>people still think /pol/ is bad
>people on /r9k/ thinking /pol/ is bad
Robots are generally some of the most redpilled people. With cynicism comes an open mind, and with that comes acceptance that our society is utterly corrupt. Normies swallow the bluepill because they can't accept how bad things truly are.
>>
>>28062239
>robots
>open mind

Lolwut. Robots are just about the most closed-minded, self-absorbed people that exist.
>>
>>28058049
Normie reporting in. It's the result of a good work ethic, intelligence, and luck. The more you have, the more likely success is to find you.

Guess which one you can control?
>>
>>28061130
you just look good which is why you got a gf. I know because my first and only gf I got without giving af probably because I used to look better back then.
in the end you're satisfied because you had luck. with the same attitude and a bit less luck you could be a bum living under a bridge
>>
>>28062302
Another normie here fully agreeing with you. I could have chosen to become a tfwnogf loser living in the basement. But I didn't. I wanted to become something. I am fairly successful now and it's because of all I did - nothing was given to me.
>>
>>28060920
>I need every part of conversation handed to me on a platter

No wonder you love anime.
>>
>>28062239
Good to hear, anon. My normie family members think I'm a monster when I dare make an observation about race or gender.
>>
Delusion.
While I admit, you won't get much if you're not willing to put the hours in, hard work for the sake of hard work is just pointless and dumb.
Especially if you work your ass off to be good at something, only to get your ass handed to you on a silver platter by some foreign kid who smells weird.
>>
>tfw talented music producer
>tfw suck at networking because I'm an antisocial retard who even gets anxious on social media sites
Well at least I enjoy what I do, though I DESERVE to be paid for it
>>
>>28062468
Why not just team up with someone who knows how to do the networking part?
>>
>>28062302
It's more than that, I'd be willing to bet there are more contributing factors to success than you can count on all your fingers and toes. It's not nearly that cut and dry nor is it the same for any two people. But I do agree, determination might be the key and it's something you can force. You can't force good circumstance, think that's why they stress hard work so much. It's all you can do..

>>28062356
You have good reason to be proud. Can you admit that some people are victim to circumstances completely out of their control that prevent them from achieving what you have? I'm not saying I'm one of those people.. I'm saying you can't look a mentally challenged person in the eye and tell them they could be president or the CEO of a fortune 500 company in good conscience. Hope you catch my drift.
>>
>>28062499
>It's more than that
No, it's not. And the fact that you claimed that it is, and that you didn't list even one thing that doesn't fall into work ethic, luck, or intelligence is proof of that.

You want to go on about connections? Connections can be a result of any of these things, whether its just sharing a cab (luck) with the right person, working hard to get into the right college and meeting the person (work ethic and luck), or just easily learning the material to get you into that college (intelligence + luck, with a VERY small side of work ethic).

Born into the right family? Luck.

Working hard in the 50's at a meat packing plant, netting you a job that can pay a mortgage and for your kids college? Work ethic.

Figuring out how to spin a product in an ad so that people want it, netting yourself a commission? Intelligence.

Every measure of success boils down to those three things, and lacking any one of them can be enough to stop you temporarily or permanently.
>>
File: 1456470676039.png (357 KB, 496x374) Image search: [Google]
1456470676039.png
357 KB, 496x374
People like us contradict their established narrative by merely existing. So they try to demonise us by imagining our suffering is completely our own fault, retrospectively justifying their hatred and, ultimately, fear.

Normies are the most insecure people you'll ever have the misfortune to meet. Not only do they themselves have to fit into their narrow prescribed model of what should be, everyone else does to or they lose their shit. Pathetic really
>>
>>28058353
>got nothing for it
>great stable job in their 20s
>some people are still on minimum wage in their 30s
>GOT NOTHING FOR IT
You're retarded, you just threw your life in the bin.
>>
>>28058049
your first mistake is claiming to know what others think.
>>
File: xODGEsm.png (204 KB, 567x402) Image search: [Google]
xODGEsm.png
204 KB, 567x402
>>28058353
white people problems: the post
>>
>>28060792
i'm posting from somalia right now
>>
File: okay.jpg (4 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
4 KB, 204x204
>>28058049
Because it is.

Everyone on here just feels sorry for themselves and surrounds themselves with a circlejerk of negativity by going on this board.

B-b-b-but I've worked har- No fuck off no you havent.

Get off this board while you can, or at least only go on it for the keks once in a while you fucking degenerate mongaloids.
>>
File: a.jpg (57 KB, 548x531) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
57 KB, 548x531
>>28060672
JUST TRY HARDER
WORK HARD MAN
JUST DO IT BRO
YOU'LL GET A GF AND A KICK-ASS JOB , JUST LIFT AND WORK REAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLYYYYYYYYYYY HARRRRRDDDDD!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Life is easy
>>
File: anewsunwillrisetomorrow.jpg (67 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
anewsunwillrisetomorrow.jpg
67 KB, 1360x768
What if the traditional view of the components of success is wrong?

What if there is a third factor-optimism or pessimism-that matters as much as talent or desire?

What if you can have all the talent and desire necessary-yet, if you are a pessimist, still fail?

What if optimists do better at school, at work, and on the playing field?

What if optimism is a learned skill, one that can be permanently acquired?
"Pessimists can in fact learn to be optimists, and not through mindless devices
like whistling a happy tune or mouthing platitudes ("Every day, in every way,
I'm getting better and better"), but by learning a new set of cognitive skills."
https://duniahartanto.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/ebooksclub-org__learned_optimism__how_to_change_your_mind_and_your_life.pdf
>>
>>28058049
A mix of ignorance, stupidity and coping mechanisms.
>>
>>28060862
Following the college path passively is the opposite definition of hard work.
>>
>>28060169
This is the right explanation.

Ego and vanity play a role too. Nobody wants to believe they achieved success through the dumb luck of being born to the right parents, in the right country, etc. It's much more flattering to believe they earned success on their own through their own choices and efforts.

The corollary then necessary to maintain this belief is that when other people fail, it's not through bad luck or circumstance but simply because they didn't try hard enough.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.