[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i establish credit and get a credit card? I have money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: nJPsFbRWyWQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png (8 KB, 283x178) Image search: [Google]
nJPsFbRWyWQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png
8 KB, 283x178
How do i establish credit and get a credit card?

I have money but ive been homeless before and kicked on the street with no gf no friends no money or anything and that shit sux it would have been nice to at least buy a honey bun and not starve.

Scared about it happening again so tell me
>>
>>28055891
you will have to start with a secured credit card.
>>
you need a job first.
>>
>>28055891

> honey bun

You've been to prison, haven't you?
>>
>>28055978
No y
>>
>>28055926
Wut is this mean
>>28055948
Why
>>
File: 1432973935904.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1432973935904.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
Get a credit card, use it for everything but only spend as much as you actually have. Pay it off 5 business days before the due date and stop using it until the day after your statement period ends.
5 days allows Taco Bell or whatever you used your card on to have a full business week to process your payment, so don't assume they'll do it in time for your due date.
Also don't pay your card off on the due date, do it at least 2 days before just to be safe. They can and will use technicalities in their terms to fuck you over and it's your fault for not knowing them
>>
Pay off your credit card with another credit card.
When you run out of cards, just open a new one.
There are so many cards, you will die before you run out of cards to open.
>>
Get a secured visa. Don't let the banks suck you into a debt trap.
>>
>>28056069
>Wut is this mean
Not him but a secured credit card is what I had to get as a filthy foreign invader to the land of freedom.

It's basically a card where you put like $300-infinity money down first and that establishes your line of credit.

If you fail to make a payment they will take it out of your deposit money.

It's designed for people with bad credit usually but if you have no credit it's useful too.
>>
>>28056218
Just set up an automatic payment and forget about that shit. Just don't spend more than you have.
>>
>>28057848
You should keep your utilization rate low around the middle of your statement period. The closer you are to maxing out your card the worse your credit is affected. You should pay it off multiple times in the month.
>>
>>28057949
The utilization rate is reset to 0 every month anyway as long as you pay it off.

Though I would suggest not maxing out your card every month and keeping enough on there for a real emergency.
>>
>>28055891
>work min wage job
>file taxes
bam, you now have an employment record and tons of companies will throw 1000 dollar credit lines at you
>>
>>28055926
Not necessarily. I started with a capital one unsecured. Shame i wrecked my credit tho
>>
>>28055891
Getting a credit card is usually not hard. Banks prey on people and beg them to get credit cards.

You should really get a debit card, that way you only use money you actually have. It's basically just electronic currency.

A credit card is technically a micro-loan. Of all types of loans it has by far the highest interest rates, and is only designed to suck more money out of people than they realize. It's literally entirely a scam, but can be useful for everyday people in emergencies. The problem is lots of people don't use them for emergencies, like a sudden car repair payment or hotel room, but for trivial things such as taco bell and new shoes. This is how people get into debt. Debt will ruin your credit.

To establish good credit, make semi-large purchases (few hundred dollars, whatever you limit can afford), and pay them off immediately with money you already have. Do this a few times and you will start to build more credit.

Heed my words OP, don't fall into the credit trap. Save your money, use a debit card instead.
>>
>>28058780
In your situation though OP you sound like you just need money. This sounds like an emergency.

Maybe you need a pay-day loan or some other small loan to get by? Be careful because they also have high interest rates.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.