[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone here trying to quit shit is so hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: cigarette.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
cigarette.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
anyone here trying to quit

shit is so hard
>>
I switched to an ecig. It's negligibly better. At least it doesn't smell bad.
>>
Why do you wanna quit?
>>
>>28055410
save shekels
I could care less if I get cancer in my 50s
>>
Switched to snus. All around better.
>>
File: 1460471332051.jpg (89 KB, 509x1111) Image search: [Google]
1460471332051.jpg
89 KB, 509x1111
>>28055410

take this L
>>
I was a longtime smoker and I quit using the gum. Don't wait till you have health problems like I did.
>>
>>28055451
Me too but I still smoke 2-3 a day. I like snus better though.
>>
The hardest thing is giving up when you associate cigarettes with alcohol. You almost have to give up booze as well just to give up cigs.
>>
it IS hard, OP.

but we can do this together.
>>
i want to quit to save money but its the only thing that keeps me going i don't take joy in much things bu the feeling i get after smoking a cigarette makes me feel as if my life is alright and i can keep pushing forward with my goals.

i dont abuse any other substances and i smoke 2-3 cigarettes a day and have been for years
>>
File: DAB.jpg (37 KB, 680x658) Image search: [Google]
DAB.jpg
37 KB, 680x658
>>28055452
Is this what were gonna do now? Talk like niggers?
>>
Smokingfags, what is this addiction like? I've never suffered from addition so what do the cravings feel like? Do you just have to smoke something RIGHT NOW and it overwhelms you?
>>
>>28055668
>I've never suffered from addition
See I wasn't very good at math.
>>
>>28055668
mines is mental and not physical and its like situaitonal stimulus that make me go fuck i need a cigarette
>>
No, I'm trying to start

shit is so hard
>>
>>28055668
>>28055697
Same.

I know I can go weeks without smoking feeling no withdrawal at all.

But fuck, its an ingrained autistic habit, I have to smoke that cigerette when I wake up, when I go to bed and when I have nothing to do.

It's like it's like watching an obsessive compulsive stressing out over misaligned matchsticks.
>>
>>28055373
I tried that e-cig shit but I went back to the good stuff, the raw leaves man
fuck
>>
>>28055373

According to Public Health England e-cigarettes are 95% less harmful than tobacco, so why not give them a go. I find I puff on my e-cigarette far less than I did with cigarettes and the improvement to the lungs is noticeable to the extent that I've been able to take up running again. It's not a solution to smoking, but a transition to cessation.
>>
File: 1330216722587.jpg (141 KB, 880x1033) Image search: [Google]
1330216722587.jpg
141 KB, 880x1033
>>28055618

we gon do dis.
>>
I smoke on and off. Its easy to temporary quit for a while. The way i do it is smoke to my lung content or till my lung hurts.
>>
You can't quit. the only thing you can hope for is to trade one addiction for another.
>>
>>28055795
I did to quit smoking.
Now I smoke both cigarettes and ecigs. fug.
>>
>>28055373
I bought a pack with a friend to roll spliffs.
We got drunk and smoked one together.
I smoked two on the same day the next week from what we had left over.
I didn't get any sort of a buzz from the second one, and I wanted another one after my second.

It was at that very moment, I realized anyone who smokes is retarded. Anything that loses its principal benefit, and fosters dependency that quickly is straight pants-on-head retarded.
>>
There is literally no reason to quit. Why would you quit?
>>
File: 1434778440385.jpg (25 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1434778440385.jpg
25 KB, 960x720
>>28055373

You're in luck family, I'm here to tell you the secret to quitting smoking.

It's all a lie. Quitting smoking is not hard, but all the negative pressure coming at you from all sides is making you think that it's hard. Every single time you've read a 'smoking kills' or 'smoking is addictive' or 'call this number now for help!' thing, you've slowly been brainwashed into thinking that it's difficult. Any and all REAL physical symptoms of nicotine withdrawal will disappear, experts say, within two weeks, but it was more along the lines of 3 days for me. If you're feeling the urge to smoke after that, it's on you. All you have to do is remember that it's not difficult, you've only been told that it is, over and over and over again by fucking everybody everywhere all the time. Redpill yourself and you'll see that it's no big deal at all. I used to be a pack a day smoker until I needed to save money to buy a new computer, quit cold turkey, first two days were hell and after that it was like I went back in time to when I didn't smoke. I'm not saying that to make myself out to be some sort of amazing guy, I'm just saying that you have to realize that you're bullshitting yourself into thinking it's some kind of massive struggle, and that that is what it's actually making it difficult, because you are expecting it to be hard, and thus feel demoralized. Realize that it's all smoke and mirrors and you won't have any issues with quitting smoking. Posted from my new computer.
>>
I'm giving up. I've hit one of those points that I've just smoked for so long that I have come to hate the taste of it. Normally I'd just smoke through it but this time I think this is my chance. I'm weening myself off nicotine by only having one in the morning and 2 through the afternoon and so far so good. Thinking about cutting the 2nd afternoon one tomorrow and finally give this filthy habit up.
>>
>>28057719
But how will you enjoy the nice breeze outside?
>>
>>28055373
just replace it with meth
>>
if i had an unlimited supply of weed, if i was growing again, uninterrupted with no risks, i could quit smoking.
i would just replace cigs with weed like i used to. when i'm high i have zero urge to smoke a cig.
>>
>>28055668
mental and physical cravings, if i don't get a cigarette when i'm craving it i will get very agitated and antsy until i get one.

i smoke at least one cig an hour. i can probably go 3 hours before the cravings start pissing me off.
>>
if i didn't smoke i would have literally no reason to leave the house. at least when i smoke i can sit out in the sun for a few minutes. otherwise i'd just sit in my room the entire day...
>>
Tommy Chong quit smoking by smoking a joint whenever he wanted a cig.

I went from a pack every two days to only smoking an ecig. Literally 10 times cheaper and like someone else said only 5% of the harm from cigs.
>>
>>28057751
I walk everywhere so a nice breeze is always within my grasp.
>>
File: Space-Jam-Pluto-e-liquid.jpg (86 KB, 756x744) Image search: [Google]
Space-Jam-Pluto-e-liquid.jpg
86 KB, 756x744
I recommend vaping. I used to smoke a pack a day and now I've been only smoking when I'm really stressed and I give in. Vaping is actually a pretty fun hobby, especially if you're a tinkerer.

Don't listen to the haters. Just blow a cloud
>>
>>28057954
>space jam
my nigga. Use the Astro juice from space jam.
>>
File: tips.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>28057954
>Don't listen to the haters. Just blow a cloud

aaaaaaaa
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-03.png (38 KB, 1016x932) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-03.png
38 KB, 1016x932
>tfw I've been casually smoking for years at parties and bars
>tfw I can buy a pack, smoke it and then not buy another one
>tfw I really only ever get smokes when I get some weed/have something to celebrate

Why don't you just get some self control anon? If you don't want to smoke anymore don't buy another pack.
>>
>>28055668
It feels like when you are in love and you know it's just not going to happen, it feels like drowning, you feel like you want to say everything but you can't speak or think or anything, you feel both like shaking and jumping and just lying in the couch to die

It's terrible honestly, i've been smoking less and less since i switched to hand rolled but craving is still a bitch
>>
>>28057998
Haven't tried Astro, right now Im mixing equal parts of Pluto and Parsec.. Trying to kick up the VG ratio for my ceramic
coils.

Next time I juice up I'll pick up a 15er to see how it frys
>>
>>28057138
This is true t. ex-smoker
>>
>>28055373
Take Psychedlic drugs and excercise faggot. You won't feel the need to smoke so much of the Tobacco Jew.
>>
>have a cigarette
>throat feels kind of weird today
>weird
>go on having cigarettes as usual
>next day
>bronchitis

Right around that time, too. I sure do love wageslaving while sick, yes I do.
>>
>>28058151
When I smoked, I would get a bad pneumonia about 3 times a year. Got to quit or start vaping friend
>>
File: 1421112509741.jpg (54 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1421112509741.jpg
54 KB, 576x432
>>28057954
Here's a (You), don't worry, you earned it.
>>
>>28057138
>Every single time you've read a 'smoking kills' or 'smoking is addictive' or 'call this number now for help!' thing, you've slowly been brainwashed into thinking that it's difficult.

is there a term in psychology for this?
>>
Keep at it op. Youll fall down, but thats okay. You get back up and do it again.

I quit about 3 years ago. First I switch to an ecig. I did that for maybe 6 months, then I just went cold turkey and stopped everything. The ecigs overall synthetic taste helped ween me off.

I still had cravings for months after. Usually it sucked. I had difficulties being around others when they smoked. But after a while, i just became sock of the smell. Now, theres no craving and i find the smell often disgusting.

Its been totally worth it. I went from weezing after 500m to finishing a 10k this past year. I do not think i could have done that with shitass smokers lungs.
>>
Quitting is not difficult, contrary to what you fags think. The cravings are so manageable that you've gotta be pretty weak willed to not be able to give up if you actually want to.
>>
>>28058215

Reverse psychology would be the term you're looking for.
>>
>>28055373
lmao just stop how hard can it be
>>
I've never tried to quit. I still enjoy it. Been smoking nearly 5 years, I smoke between 4 and 6 a day with most days being 5. I still don't understand how people get to a pack or two a day -- smoking simply takes too much time.
>>
Boredom is the main reason why I smoke, I think I'm smoke a lot less if I wasn't neet.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.