[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you screwed if you don't have work experience by the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
image.png
139 KB, 917x871
Are you screwed if you don't have work experience by the time you graduate high school?

>graduated highschool last year at 19
>didn't have a job during high school besides helping my father with his business off the books, the majority of my classmates didn't either
>almost 20 now
>get denied from Walmart and Target for not enough work experience

Also, I live in a different state than my father now so I can't have him give me my old job back.
>>
>>28054519
Depends. If you can compensate in college with meme activities it will be ok. Just don't end up with an empty resume, because then you are FUCKED.
>>
Do you live in Florida? I might be willing to reference you.
>>
>>28054554
No, but thanks anyway
>>
>>28054519
You have to start out super low tier. I started at Taco Bell and then found someone who would want to hire me with my only job experience being Taco Bell. Worked my way up from there.
>>
No, you're not. You might have it more difficult than others, but not screwed by any means. I got a job at a retail chain without having experience in retail. All I did was make sure in my application that I knew what was expected of me and that I knew what to do.

Work experience is not essential when you apply to places like Target or Walmart, or basically any place that pretty much gives you a dead end job. It's just a convenience for the employer if they can hire someone they don't have to teach that much. Just know what a job you're applying for demands of you and just say you can do that.
>>
>>28054582
I have an interview with a fast food restaurant coming up. Hopefully I can at least get that
>>
>>28054519

Try FF or a job agency. If you're not in uni, do that ASAP, or go to trade school. Volunteer to put something on your resume while you look around too.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.