[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life as a white person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 1447179622876.jpg (264 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1447179622876.jpg
264 KB, 2048x1365
Hey there,
I have a problem. I am overly sensitive to even the slightest gestures and facial expressions set me off.

>The thing is that I'm Asian and I think that if I saw things through an Average white person's eyes, and see what some things that whites go through then I think I'd be fine.

Here are somethings that disturbs my equilibrium
>People being brief with me.
>People's facial expressions.
>Not being liked.

How would you respond in those situations?
>>
>>28054465
Sounds like you might be autistic. Whatever you do, stay the fuck away from psychiatrists and psychologists. Do NOT let them diagnose you. Believe, you'll be fucked for the rest of your life.
>>
>>28054580
No, I am not autistic. Because if I was, it'd be very noticeable. I'm just an unrealistically sensitive person.
>>
pro tip: you cant read people you autist, its all in your head.
>>
>>28054605
>>28054580
Are you two white persons? If so, how do you handle being disliked?
>>
>>28054597
It's fucking noticeable, believe me.
>>
>>28054654
So you mean most normal people don't notice this?
>>
>>28054797
Nope.

Orgy
>>
>>28054859
Okay, if you were a white person, would you be okay to you if someone didn't like you? How would you respond/act around you if you knew someone didn't like you?
>>
>>28054465
>>28054619
>>28054907
The fuck is wrong with you dude?

I'm white and I am not even sure what you're making a deal out of
If someone doesn't like you, why do you care? Do you have extreme self esteem issues? Where do you live?
>>
>>28055035
I live in Scarborough, Toronto.

I guess if someone doesn't like me, I'm not sure how to respond. And I used to have a problem in the past where I want everyone to like me.

Yes, I have extremely low self-esteem but it all started with my sensitivity.
>>
>>28055035
So you mean if someone doesn't like you, you'd not care and you try to find a way to bypass that person?
>>
>sweetie

Are you sure you even have a penis?youre acting like a cutesy woman
>>
>>28055234
No, I'm a woman.
>>
>>28055234
Are you the poster above me and you?
>>
>>28054619
idk, if you call someone a racial slur how do they react generally? Do you perceive whites to care about labels and name calling? Usually no, so if you want to be more white, I guess just reflect that attitude of not caring then see how it makes you feel.
>>
>>28055685
So, the essence of being white is that sticks and stones may hurt me; whereas, words are a piece of cake?
>>
>>28055820
I guess more on an individual level, i'm not a sociologist but they might tell you that's true.
>>
>>28055910
So if white person A disliked white person B. White person B would usually not feel anything from being disliked but rather find a way to bypass white person A?
>>
>>28055996
That would make sense, but scenarios can only resemble that so many times before another outcome would be plausible. People are people. Don't let your inhibitions cloud your future progress, however concerning they be.

You live in Canada, right? Aren't there lots of Asians there? Just be with other Asian people, birds of a feather flock together. So forgive and love yourself, it may not be as easy as how I make this out to be, but what else can you do really?
>>
>>28055996
Do other races not do this? Unless they are trying to fuck with you beyond just not liking you, Its better to just ignore their existence.
>>
>>28054465
I don't care, cuz I'm white.
>>
>>28056131
>Aren't there lots of Asians there?
Not in Scarborough.
>>
>>28056131
>Don't let your inhibitions cloud your future progress, however concerning they be.
I am trying to figure out how to get rid of them completely in the next few days.
>>
>>28056162
>Unless they are trying to fuck with you beyond just not liking you, Its better to just ignore their existence.

So you don't feel anything when they don't like you?
>>
>>28054465

>People being brief with me

I don't understand what this implies. If they are rude about it, then it annoys me and may piss me off. If not, it's probably just their personality so it doesn't bother me.

>People's facial expressions

Usually smarter/nicer people are pretty cool and their facial expressions are what I would expect and hope for. Some people are awful and they and their facial expressions can annoy me.

>Not being liked.

Well I have no friends, and that sucks. I get along with some people, and I don't with others. I prefer to make friends but if someone seems to not like me then that generally makes me not like them and I won't want to be in the same place as them.
>>
>>28055219
are we talking about someone that has to like you for you to do something? Like a manager?

I think you need to seek professional help by the way.
>>
>>28054465
Yo, straight white guy with tattoos here
you'll get attention from people because of your ink but also a lot of nasty comments about being a degenerate etc
but I don't care because I like them and I think I look good with them, it's a self esteem booster for me.
One day you will realize a simple truth

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO EVERYONE LIKING YOU

SOMEBODY NOT LIKING YOU DOESN'T DEVALUE YOU AS A PERSON

YOU SHOULD NOT CARE THIS MUCH

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM

But that problem can be fixed.

You need to stop thinking "what if I was white" because thats fucking stupid. nobody gives a fuck about your race. you're projecting.
the problem is how you're seeing the world. being white, asian, middle eastern, african, it doesn't fucking matter. it won't change your outlook. you need to learn how to deal with criticism and realize that just as you aren't obligated to like everyone, they aren't required to like you.
How insecure are you?
you're posting on an anonymous image board, are you telling me that you're having issues every time someone doesn't agree with you or tells you that you're an idiot?
you need to fix this insecurity.

out of interest how old are you?
>>
>>28054465
Be happy being asian
At least you're not a nigger like me. I hate my parents because both are disgust pleb apes and I wish I was never born. I wish Christianity wasn't as powerful as it is. We'd have a lot fewer niggers ruining things for humans if the religious right would shut up
>>
>>28057956
>hating your own race
Anon that's some mental shit you need to not do
You will die miserable
>>
>>28056342
I can be a dick. So its understandable. So yes I dont care.
>>
>>28058037
>>28057956
Yeah dude don't hate on your race, you didn't choose it.

Don't be proud of it either, you didn't do shit to achieve it.
>>
As a white person, I can tell you that North American whites are overly expressive.

I feel some Asian cultures are more reserved, whereas NAW people tend to wear their emotions on their sleeves.

My best advice is to not give one fuck about anything anyone says or does. Most of the time it's not even genuine, and is more of a formality. Some parts of the country people are more closed off and fake. I live in the south and people are generally friendly, but even here it's often considered fake and more of a polite formality.

People are rude, and people express themselves in confusing ways, this is true of any race. Don't think too much into it. Most people can't tell if someone's being genuine anyway. In fact, if someone is overly friendly chances are they want something from you and/or are trying to sell something.

You respond to these situations with healthy skepticism, while remaining polite.
>>
>>28058058
Proud, maybe not

Admire and support, yes
>>
>>28054465
So stop being so sensitive? What does that have to do with being white? Plenty of asian people who aren't touchy.
>>
>>28054597
"if it was, it'd be very noticeable" t. superautist
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.