[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it weird that I have never been very emotional at all about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (391 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391 KB, 1280x960
Is it weird that I have never been very emotional at all about a celebrity death?

Sure, I'm always sad for a moment or two, but really I don't care. I like Prince's old music a lot...but I don't care that much that he died. And I can't imagine a celebrity where I will care, though maybe it just hasn't happened yet.

Not trying to sound edgy or cool or anything, it makes me feel bad like I must be autistic. Everyone else has these deep emotional connections to artists and stuff.
>>
I think it's not only about listening to their music. Like for example if you like to see interviews, concerts and these kind of stuff of your favourite artist you obviously would be more sad about his death because in the interviews you can know more about his life or things he has in common with you and not only about his music so there's kind of like a connection there
>>
This is my favorite song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVP2AUgGKo
>>
I didn't know who this Prince was before he died so why would it make me sad

The only famous person I miss is probably Christopher Hitchens, would really enjoy reading new articles of his on events that happened around the world in the past couple of years
>>
>>28050137
He was early 90's shit.
Popular but terrible.

I only feel for Freddie Mercury who I didn't even grow up with, because he could sing and was hot. I'm deep like that.
>>
>>28050216
His most popular music is from the 1980s. And it is good pop songwriting. He also played nearly all the instruments on his early albums.
>>
>>28049867
No, it's completely normal to be unmoved by the death of people who you literally did not know and were not personally involved in your life whatsoever. Most people aren't that bothered by celebrity deaths. Shocked for a moment or two at losing someone who's work they might have enjoyed, but otherwise unfazed.

Honestly I think it's weird af when people DO get emotional over celebrity deaths. Every third-wave slut I know was talking about how they were sobbing on facebook back when Bowie died because he was apparently some kind of tumblrina icon.
>>
>>28050252
Ah yeah.
I only really remember learning about him during his formally known phase. I remember thinking what a complete twat he was.

And I was right. He was one of the big pushers for copyrights on the net, was a religious loon and a total faggot.

I suppose he's a talented musician, but his voice is terrible.
>>
>>28049867
I too feel this, so it annoys me when I turn on the radio and every fucking station (even stations that have NEVER played any Prince song) are blasting it for the next 24-72 hours with some snobby "We luv u Pirnc" tossed in.

All the news articles by the tiniest regional papers as if they haven't copypasted something from TMZ or some other reputable celebrity schlock source, acting as if someone will genuinely pick up their paper because "Whoah, they're covering Prince's death too! They've got their fingers on the pulse of the news!"

Media saturation pisses me off.
>>
>>28050273
I agree.

Honestly, I think our culture's obsession with celebrities is really weird and creepy, and don't really get it at all. I can enjoy their work, but I really don't care that much about the people themselves, because I've met celebs and know that they're just normal people.

The only deaths that really hit me hard are those of authors, and that's mostly because it makes me sad that there will never be new work by them again.
>>
Prince wasn't an important part of you growing up etc.

You'd probably get upset if a youtuber or moot died
>>
>>28050496
Moot's already dead to me
>>
>>28050496
>moot died
>upset
wat?
>>
>>28050545
>>28050547
oh we like to joke about disliking moot, but deep down we all hold him dear to our hearts as we know he is the father who begat us.
>>
>>28050496
I doubt it.

I was trying to think of celebrities who, when they died, I would be more sad than usual. I came up with Mick Foley, and maybe some comic writers. Even then I would only be sad for like fifteen minutes.
>>
>>28050644
Then stabbed us in the back for 20 million shekels like the sneaky lying jew cuck he always was, but not before obliterating all board culture and hiring whatever faggot assholes he could to moderate the board into an attempt to draw the pc and lgbt facebook crowd.

Fuck moot. Fuck him. Die die die.
>>
>>28050644
He's didn't even make the site either, he just stole the idea from someone else, claimed it as his own, made millions and somehow avoided being sued for blatant plagerization. Typical kike. Fuck I hate moot.
>>
Well Prince wasn't making any good music anymore. Not many celebrities die in their prime anymore.
>>
>>28049867
It just means you didn't have a personal reason to feel emotional, which is fine. It doesn't mean you're autistic. Personally I'm a musicfag and I've always admired Prince's musical abilities. He composed music well, he played instruments well, and I would kill a roastie to be even 20% as good as he is.

>>28050644
Fuck no moot is a legitimate faggot and a proven talent-less shitstain.
>>
No it ia normal, but society is changing and people are becoming dumber every day
>>
Did you ever have any rolemodel? I never did and I feel the same way, I think that factors in.
>>
File: skeletor.jpg (37 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
skeletor.jpg
37 KB, 400x306
>>28050216
>Popular but terrible.

Shut the fuck up, punk.

Prince was a GOD among Manlets.
>>
>>28049867
are you retarded? No, it's not "weird", you didnt know the guy

I literally couldnt give less of a fuck and neither could lots of other people because why would anyone care about someone theyve only seen pics of on a screen and possibly heard a couple times
>>
>>28050496
Not really. While it will be sad if moot died I won't get distressed over it.

I don't have an emotional investment in him and he doesn't have one in me so it is hard to be like that.
>>
No it's not weird, it's just that our generation seems to think caring about a musician that they never listened to in the first place makes them, I dunno, deep or some shit.

It's like a year or so back when all those millenials were saying "who the fuck is Paul McCartney and what's he doing in that Kanye video".
In (let's say) 2 years when Paul McCartney dies, they'll all come out of the woodworks and say how much his music meant to them.

They're the indigenous ones, not you.
>>
People don't actually give a fuck. They just talk about it to socialize.
>omg did you hear David Bowie died
>yeh I literally cried all night
>he was like, totally my favourite artist
>omg me too
>so, did you hear? Stacy broke up with Brad
>omg I knew it was gonna happen
>>
>>28049867
No its not strange at all op.

Sure you may have enjoyed their work but you've never met them before and have no personal connection with them
>>
>>28049867
I shed a tear when robin and bowie died, but I don't care about Prince that much.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.