[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is suicide NOT the answer, robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: sisyphus.png (259 KB, 347x338) Image search: [Google]
sisyphus.png
259 KB, 347x338
Why is suicide NOT the answer, robots?
>>
>>28048655
Oh, but it is. Gets rid of *all* of your problems. What more could you want
>>
File: 1425603782001.png (485 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1425603782001.png
485 KB, 600x600
>Because the Way is the purpose
>>
Because death is scary and we have no idea whether doing the best with what we already have is better than abandoning it or not
>>
I know that it is, so why can't I bring myself to do it?
>>
desu I'd suicide is like fapping on nofap

It gets you incredible amounts of satisfaction in the moment but once the moment is over you deeply regret it. Only you won't be there to regret it because you would be dead

I'd say suffering is still better than dying. No matter how fucked you are there is still a small chance something will improve, something will happen which will make things better. Alternatively you can make that something happen, if only you could wake up from your depression.

Its always easier to take the pain, take the suffering rather than bother yourself with trying to improve something.
>>
>>28048655
>"why is suicide not the answer guys?"
>posts pic of sisyphus, a man punished for his crimes on earth by havin to push a heavy rock over a mountain
>every time he got close to the top, when salvation looked to be near, the rock would slip from his hands, causing him to suffer the ordeal again and again

Life is like this. The only way to escape the loop of suffering is suicide
>>
>>28048655
I don't know if God is real or not and I'm scared of Hell
>>
>>28048655
Suicide is not the anwser, it is the solution.
>>
>>28050048
ugh this is why I need to stop coming here.

you kids are this low on the totem pole
>>
It's AN answer. There are always many possible replies.
>>
File: 1454132569395.jpg (276 KB, 900x1232) Image search: [Google]
1454132569395.jpg
276 KB, 900x1232
>>28048655
It is one of many answers and it is also an easy answer to your problems.
>>
>>28050027
I posted the picture because of Camus' depiction of Sisyphus.
He said that instead of commiting suicide because of life's futility, we can totally accept this lack of purpose and live in a world completely devoid of all meaning, and because we are aware of this total absurdity - we should live life to our fullest.
Camus pictured Sisyphus smiling while pushing the boulder. So long as he accepts that there is nothing more to life than his absurd struggle, he can find happiness in it.
How true that is, is up to you. I personally disagree, but it was relevant to the discussion.
>>
File: suicidekermit.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
suicidekermit.gif
2 MB, 320x320
trust me its the answer. For me, its the answer.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.