[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw your art is bad >tfw your writing is bad >tfw everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1453097888752.png (166 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1453097888752.png
166 KB, 500x322
>tfw your art is bad
>tfw your writing is bad
>tfw everything you try to create is bad
>>
>>28047716
Try being a good businessman. That'll get you more fulfillment. Ask any starving fountain of artistic talent.
>>
>want to write a novel
>have no experience to reflect on and nothing new or novel to write a narrative about
>want to illustrate it
>have lost my ability to draw after years of indolence
>instead my creativity is funneled into shitposts that will blow away at the end of the day and mostly center around how greasy and gross I am and how bad I want to fuck fat-assed girls and slutty traps
>>
>tfw everyone acknowledges your talent
>tfw you are capable of hard work
>tfw too lazy to write and improve
>>
>>28047749
being a good businessman requires people skills that let you manipulate others
>>
>tfw everybody says your work is incredible
>tfw hate your own work so much that you don't do anything with it
>>
>>28047788
>requires people skills

No one was born a social butterfly. You have to work at interaction and networking. At least try hanging around-or even lurking forums for-people passionate about networking, entrepreneurship, etc.
>>
>>28047716
everybody starts out bad and work very hard for many years to get decent, what makes you think you are any different? what makes you think you're special enough to be good without putting the work in first.
>>
>>28047901
This. If you really think what you do is your best investment of time and resources, whether you're good at it out the gate or not shouldn't matter to you
>>
Creativity is 99% failure and 1% success.

What gets you to that 1% is looking at your stuff and finding problems with it that other people don't see.

You'll always find problems, but eventually other people won't be able to
>>
>>28047771
>think writing sucks
Read Dickens, Puzo or O'Brien. You can't make something out of nothing.
>>
>>28047716
Drawing is a mechanical skill. Mechanical skills can be learnt in time. Creativity is a whole different subject of which is something that cannot be thought.
>>
>>28047815
is that you thom
>>
>>28047901
>>28047982
Hard work is a meme. Ever hear of talent and positive upbringing?

A child born to parents who are artists who teach their skills to him/her as a they grow up is going to be an amazing artist, simple as that.
>>
File: 1407204855980.jpg (48 KB, 512x670) Image search: [Google]
1407204855980.jpg
48 KB, 512x670
>>28048039

Where did I say I think the act of writing sucks or that I don't already read?

>Dickens

Ew.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.