[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXG pq3srERk honestly, why y
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: allie.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
allie.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXGpq3srERk
honestly, why you guys are not truck drivers? This skinny autistic young lady has been one for 2 years. its like the perfect job for robots. Some companies will pay for the training and you dont need experience.
>>
>Making sick dosh driving a truck full of kittens

Could actually see that being fun
>>
>>28046895
what a comfy channel/job/girl
>>
i've never been in an accident but i suck at driving and parking especially, i wouldn't know what to do if i had to drive one of those things
>>
>>28046895
I could go to vocational school for the same price as renting a rig and become about the same pay.
>>
Google Car will replace every truck driver the moment it's greenlighted.
>>
>>28047042
you learn, faggot.. they even put you in a simulator to learn backing up and other stuff before doing the real thing.
>>
Driving bores the absolute living fuck out of me
>>
>>28047118
Spotted the cuck, i bet you don't even get hektik
>>
>>28046895
Do you think she gets gangbanged by bikers at truckstops?
>>
I'm scared of driving
>>
>>28046895
This job won't exist for much longer
>>
>>28047118
tha'ts why you listen to podcasts, music, audiobooks, radio shows, or stand up comedy.
>>
>>28047099
>>28047170

thats not gonna happen during our lifetime.
>>
>>28046895
I don't particularly like driving and sitting that long in a reverberating chair would be unbearable.
>>
>>28047149
More like hairy smelly truckers at the truck stops.
>>
>>28046895
I tried trucking for about 4 months and i had enough of it.

Between the idiotic dispatchers and the highway patrol its not worth it.

Theres also lots of bureaucracy in it, so many rules and regs you spend almost the same amount of time filling out paperwork as you spend actually driving.

I had rather work retail for less money and get to go home and sleep in my own bed at the end of the day.
>>
>>28047375
whats wrong with the highway patrol?
>>
>>28047574
They have it out for truckers. They have quotas and truckers have money and will generally just pay the ticket rather than deal with lawyers and courts in different states.

This one time i parked at a rest stop for like and hour to get some sleep and they woke me up tapping on the glass with a batton and told me to leave or get a citation, I told them i needed to sleep and their exact words was "we dont care"

Its BS. You will see when you get out there.
>>
Self driving cars are going to take your job in a few years.
>>
>>28047719
>self driving cars will be common

Great meme. Even self-driving trains are having trouble becoming universal
>>
I was for about a year and a half. Here's why you don't want to.

1. Your time is never your own.

2. 70 hour work weeks.

3. First 6 months it's interesting seeing the country. After that everywhere becomes the same.

4. Pay is never what's advertised. You'll make minimum wage your first year when you take into account your working 70 hour weeks.

5. Can't save as much as you think seeing as truck stop prices are egregious.

6. Treated like shit by your dispatchers and have to be around scumbags all day at shippers, receivers and truck stops.

7. Dangerous as fuck especially during winter.

Don't do it robots. It's a career soon to be made obsolete by tech. If you do, don't count on it being a career.
>>
>>28047719
it not gonna happen in many years, retard. There are at least 3 million truck drivers in this country.
>>
>>28047755
I live in vancouver and the train is automated.

>muh irreplaceable brain dead driving skills
>>
>>28047789
can you refuse to drive in winter?
>>
>>28047789
It's true that the pay is never as advertised but i actually was clearing $450 per week so i was making more than min wage.

Still wasn't worth the money though with all the BS you have to put up with.
>>
>>28047798
>There are at least 3 million truck drivers in this country

And?
>>
>>28047719
>a few years
it's going to take decades. full automation to the point where 18 wheelers are traversing cross-country routes by themselves and maneuvering through adverse weather conditions is going to take a while
>>
>>28047253
Are you expecting to die in ten years? Because that's about as far as we are from this job literally not existing then you cuck.
>>
File: truck.png (633 KB, 1067x1016) Image search: [Google]
truck.png
633 KB, 1067x1016
>>28047907
tick tock truckfags
>>
File: trucker.png (872 KB, 1293x825) Image search: [Google]
trucker.png
872 KB, 1293x825
trucker job security BTFO
>>
>>28047907
Do you not know the first ones are already operational in nevada? They are already delivering real loads now.
>>
>>28047822
>universal

Fucking idiot
>>
does ever get fucked by trucker chads?
>>
>>28048043
>>28048077
neet looking for excuses to stay neet
>>
I did a bit in hot shotting and water trucking for the oil field. It's not bad. I wouldn't want to do cross country.

I preferred hot shotting over water though. Water is more boring and no one doing it speaks english. It's an entirely mexican immigrant racket. Hot shot delivery is more diversified. It still has a majority illegal mexicans but there's other people. And it's fun bull shitting with the tool pushers and warehouse cats. plus it's all flat bed stuff. You have to worry about securing your load tight as shit or you get tickets but you don't have to worry about some 53ft trailer as tall as your truck worrying you. Plus it was all single cab trucks so you could look out the back window. I never stayed the night on the road. But I did get called at 3 AM plenty of times to make a delivery. That's oil field though. When something breaks they call you and wake you up and you bring the parts or item they need right then.

The money wasn't as good as cross country but it's more grounded. The only problem was highway patrol wanting to nitpick you and hope they don't find your second book because if they did the company wouldn't have your back and you'd be left out to dry. But if you didn't work a second illegal book they'd just find an illegal mexican who would.

Also there's no worry of automation taking over because you're on lease roads, which are private dirt roads criss crossing the pasture spider webbing from well to well which are on no maps or atlas or even satellite imaging.
>>
File: 500px-PKM-mg.jpg (17 KB, 500x109) Image search: [Google]
500px-PKM-mg.jpg
17 KB, 500x109
>>28046895
I'd rather rob trucks.
>>
>>28048394
how they get a cdl if they are illegal and unable to speak english?
>>
>>28048488
Same way they drive normal cars here. It's not legal. They come to the companies and do an on site driving test there at the company to show that they wont destroy company trucks. If they can do that then the company puts them on the road. They're also perfectly fine working a second book, which you have to do if you want to work in the oil field. Find someone driving for the oil field and I promise they have a second book under the seat. More so now that oil is so low. I wouldn't be surprised if a few people out there even have a third book.
>>
I don't know how to drive and have a phobia of it.
>>
I don't like leaving my house for extended periods
>>
Because I can barely drive a regular car and I dislike driving. I also hate having responsibility over stuff that I don't own (especially trucks/massive cargo loads).
>>
>keeping a cat loose in a car while driving
Dangerous as fuck desu
>>
>nearly daily uploads
>drives a truck
>videos edited
When does she sleep?
>>
>>28049464
meth heads don't need sleep
>>
>>28047099
>every truck driver
>google derp car already crashed
>expecting people to trust hazardous materials to that shit

At best you'll have assisted driving (truck drives mostly by itself with driver present to take over if needed)
>>
>>28048077
Maybe in 20 years
>>
>>28050041
Actually when you compare all the times they have tested the google car successfully to the times it crashed which I think is once then it is safer.

It's like how air travel is the safest form of travel but people always notice the accidents because it's not common.
>>
>>28050041
Did you even see the video of the 'crash'?
Literally just a scratch.

And it has done enormous amounts of miles. Much better than normal drivers.

Sitting inside the Google car driving around the USA would be a top comfy job desu though lads.
>>
Drug testing.
>>
>>28046895

they hire people from middle eastern/eastern european/mexico to fill these jobs now
>>
>>28046895

I need some new fap material thanks OP
>>
>>28048042
You're an idiot. Truck drivers are going to be a thing for hundreds of years to come.
>>
>>28046895

I like to talk to myself to entertain myself when I drive to and from work. Though I'm not a cute girl, so I'd never upload myself to youtube.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.