[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think real mental illnesses will become cool and edgy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: 1440482361426.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1440482361426.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
Do you think real mental illnesses will become cool and edgy one day or can only memes like depression and anxiety be that?
>>
>>28043922
Nah they peaked in fashionableness in the 2000s
>>
>>28043922
Bipolar is already there my friend
>>
>>28043922
It already has, hasn't it? People always say things like
>"omg I'm so bipolar/ocd/schizo/pycho"
>>
>real
>memes

One and the same fampai.
>>
>>28043922
>walk into the club like I got paranoid schizophrenia why are you staring into me like that? GET AWAY FROM ME
>>
>>28043922
i would rather lose my mind to mental illness over becoming content with living in this matrix
>>
>>28043922
>implying mental illness exist not solely to get people on meds as everything today is branded a mental disorder.
>>
who /derealisation/ here?

What a mental illness when it hits. Brought on by weed, too. Before it I was entirely mentally stable.
>>
>>28044209
Had that years ago anon, makes you feel like you're going fucking crazy or like you're in a dream right?
>>
>>28044228
>makes you feel like you're going fucking crazy or like you're in a dream right?

Yeh. I'll never forget the first time it happened. Woke up in my bed entirely confused and thought I'd lost my fucking mind, lasting for 2 weeks. The level of absolute disconnection to reality, it felt like I'd just been welcomed to the "fact" that my entire life before it was just a drug trip. Going 10 months strong now but developed a good coping mechanism so it doesn't bother me too much anymore. How long did it take you to rid it?
>>
>>28044275
Sorry, I meant to say I've had it for 10 months now.
>>
>>28044275
For me it actually started while I was awake. I was stressing about life and was a bit of a hypochondriac and was basically /losing it/. I tried to take my mind off things and play fallout 3 and then I remember just feeling my mind "slip" and then everything became spacey and weird. It made it worse waking up every day and it still being there and thinking something was wrong (I thought I had brain parasites or some shit). Eventually I just learned to calm down and get on with life, found things that made me happy etc and it went away after about a month. I think the time frame is different for everyone though, it just depends on how long it takes you to figure out how to just calm down. The fact you already realize it is derealization and not stressing about brain parasites is a start. I suggest deep breathing and meditation and to just take it easy and not worry about typical r9k-tier stuff for the next few weeks.
>>
>>28044326
>I remember just feeling my mind "slip" and then everything became spacey and weird

That's a good way to put it. It's so sudden and out of nowhere too, like your mind has just slipped or fallen into confusion. You're lucky to have had it only a month. For some people it's constant and never goes away; I read of people having had it non-stop for 10+ years. Really surprised they haven't killed themselves.

I live a normal mostly stress-free life now, but it comes back a few times a day out of nowhere. It's really weird, because just thinking about it or talking about it makes it happen, which makes no fucking sense. You tell yourself it's just a severe anxiety condition, but it can't be, it has to be a change in consciousness because I've experienced it many times while controlling the anxiety and not being scared of it. How the fuck does just thinking about it trigger it? It makes no sense to me
>>
>>28044209
>>28044275
>>28044326
>>28044417
Why is this a bad thing?
Plenty of monks meditate for years trying to attain this.
>>
>>28044417
>I read of people having had it non-stop for 10+ years

Seriously? Stop reading this kind of stuff because it makes it worse. The stress of "Oh, I'm gonna have this shit forever!" honestly makes the whole situation much worse off - trust me, I went there. Try going for walks, and just take in the fresh air. I realize where I am but just try to learn to "love life" and just enjoy the simple things for now. A nice walk, a nice meal, a good fap, etc. If you feel like it's not going away I'd really recommend seeing a doctor or something.

>>28044457
It's not the same thing as enlightenment anon. You realize everything is real, but everything just "feels" like a vivid dream, and feels like you're just fucking going crazy. It's a really bad feeling.
>>
>went on a date yesterday with a girl I met through a friend

>would not shut up about her mental problems, psychiatrist, meds etc the entire time

>friendzoned me by text after i got home

Im starting to understand the appeal of 2D, seriously
>>
>>28044478
>Seriously? Stop reading this kind of stuff because it makes it worse. The stress of "Oh, I'm gonna have this shit forever!" honestly makes the whole situation much worse off - trust me, I went there. Try going for walks, and just take in the fresh air. I realize where I am but just try to learn to "love life" and just enjoy the simple things for now. A nice walk, a nice meal, a good fap, etc. If you feel like it's not going away I'd really recommend seeing a doctor or something.

Trust me I don't worry about that anymore, that was only initially. It's been a while now and I've been using a mindfulness technique to cope with it. If it never goes away, that's fine, because it's not constant anymore so I can cope with it. In fact I don't think or stress about it at all these days, but it just pops up a few times a day for unknown reasons.
>>
>>28044573
The fact it's not constant is a good sign. Just try to keep your mind on track and occupy yourself so that you're not thinking about it. You'll be fine anon.
>>
>>28044589
Thanks my man

Bloxprobably
>>
>>28044209
>>28044228
>makes you feel like you're going fucking crazy or like you're in a dream right?
Wouldn't that be considered a psychosis?
If not, what's the difference?
>>
>>28045169
There's no hallucinations, it's just a shift in consciousness. Sort of like in-between being awake and dreaming but having the mental clarity of when you're fully awake to witness it all.
>>
File: 1451714605247.jpg (102 KB, 800x1203) Image search: [Google]
1451714605247.jpg
102 KB, 800x1203
I've been hospitalized 5 times now

>those black guys that are there for free food and housing
>everyone likes to flirt
>the people who say "you don't belong here" or "look into HIPA"
>those deep conversations on ancient religion
>that asian guy who told me to leave the US
>>
File: 1451492292186.png (253 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1451492292186.png
253 KB, 640x480
>>28045284
>self-consciousness playing a huge role in why I was hospitalized
>go in and there's Chad flirting with the nurses and calling his girlfriend to come in and make out
>some female patients write on the board about how hot Chad is
>Chad gets better treatment from the nurses even though I was constantly trying to be friendly to everyone and even going out and getting chocolate for everyone and coffee one day
There is no escape

I'll forever be the beta
>>
>>28045284
God I wish there was a hot psycho girl that could abuse me and use me inside psych ward when I was there.

Majority of people were men, women were fat or old. Very rarely was there a normal weight young female and she already had a chad waiting. So sad.
>>
it's already happened, just look at the tranny craze
>>
File: Capture.jpg (59 KB, 708x801) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
59 KB, 708x801
>>28045389
I met this girl one of the times. We still keep in touch on FB. A few months ago we went to a club together and danced. She told me how I really helped her in the hospital. It was sincere and felt nice.

The last time I went there was this young girl who was pretty hot. She would always play cards and listen to the radio they let us use.
>>
File: confuzzled.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
confuzzled.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>28045284
>that asian guy who told me to leave the US
>>
I have gender dysphoria (it is a mental illness and have tried to kill myself twice) and I don't feel cool. I just feel sad
>>
>>28045451
I don't know either.

My guess is he was paranoid and had gang stalking delusions.

I was like yea Japan is really cool with the ying and the yang and he nodded and was like yea do it.
>>
>>28045447
No one wanted to do anything when I was there. Everyone just slept and smoked and maybe got visitors and nothing else.
I played cards with an obese 20 year old that had entire face covered with acne and tried being nice and social with her and she was even more asocial than me and I have 0 friends. It's like I hated being there so much.
Guys were way better.
>>
>>28045487
Well no one really wants to be there. Where do you live and how long where you in there for?
>>
>>28045554
I am in europoor country.
I have been twice, one time for 3 months the other for 2 months.
First time was nice because I made some friends and it was summer and we played cards, ping pong and talked.
Second time was in the winter and no one was outside and everyone was smoking and sleeping.
>>
>>28045600
>3 months the other for 2 months.

holy shit that is crazy the longest i've ever been in one is 2 weeks and I had pretty sever psychosis
>>
>>28045619
That seems super short. Was this your first time being there?

Majority of people were there for a month or so.
>>
File: Not_OK.jpg (73 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
Not_OK.jpg
73 KB, 500x347
>>28045476
hello dysphoria friend

I haven't tried to kill myself yet, I've been trying (and failing) to get help for this mental illness for like a year and a half now
>>
>>28045671
No, not my first time. I think in the US they try to stabilize you then release you. Europe probably tries to rehabilitate and do therapy.
>>
>>28045284
so if you had some money stored away in savings could you just check into a mental hospital and put a few thousand in a roth ira every year, then walk out at 65 as a millionaire
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.