[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else here feel like Starwars is wasted potential?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1460814000268.png (557 KB, 921x1151) Image search: [Google]
1460814000268.png
557 KB, 921x1151
Does anyone else here feel like Starwars is wasted potential?

seriously there's so many cool things you can do with just the Jedi alone and it really kills itself with just two sides (the dark and the light side) why not just splinter the Jedi into many factions with their own morals and world views on how to use the force?

basically just make them into warring samurais that fight for many governments through out the huge as fuck galaxy

seriously it sucks.
>>
There are lots of jedi with different opinions on The Force, and lots of non-Jedi non-Sith Force-users in the galaxy who exist outside of the dichotomy.
>>
>>28043261
The first series were good films. The prequel and the sequel were just terrible fillers.
>>
>>28043291
Op is just some kid who wanted to seem nerdy by talking about shit he doesn't know about
>>
>>28043261
I always felt like the criminals of the star wars universe were the most interesting
>>
>>28043261
Go play Knights of the Old Republic 2, OP.

But understand that black and white is how lucas wanted it to be. It's how it's supposed to be.
>>
>>28043317
That was kind of my feeling too. I'm always disappointed when people assume that there aren't a lot of nuances in the setting. The movies never really shut out the idea of non-jedi non-sith, and actively show people questioning Jedi beliefs often so I'm amazed that people draw the conclusion that only Jedi and Sith are around.
>>
>>28043291
I was talking about films, the other media is fine but I would like to actually see it in the big screen.
sorry for not clarifying
>>
The Force is just confidence and believing in your self.

It wasn't remorely magical until Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>28043353
Most of what Qui-Gon Jinn does with and around Anakin is grey jedi shit.
>>
Make up your own story anon

It's better than trying to save the trainwreck that is Star Wars
>>
>>28043361
then why did Obi Wan disappear into nothing?
and he felt when Alderaan blew up
And Darth Vader choked a guy from across the room
And Obi Wan tricked the stormtroopers into repeating everything he said
>>
star wars was never meant to be good or even coherent. it was a ploy to sell as many tie-in toys as possible.
>>
>>28043439
Actually that's not true

Lucas had tons of other script writers on the first two movies to craft a coherent story for him, only the prequels were written solely by Lucas (mostly) and they were shit.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.