[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
daily reminder this is what people think social anxiety is r
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: muh social anxieties amirite.jpg (120 KB, 415x1293) Image search: [Google]
muh social anxieties amirite.jpg
120 KB, 415x1293
daily reminder this is what people think social anxiety is really like.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jasminnahar/incredibly-rude-texts-from-your-social-anxiety#.vqroprkAb
>>
daily reminder nobody fucking cares about your disorders
>>
>>28042944
That's more related to insecurity. However, it's not that innacurate honestly.
>>
>>28042944
I have bullshit anxiety does it count ?
>>
>not just turning off your phone or blocking social anxiety's number
>>
How the fuck is this considered anxiety? I'll be afraid to send one let alone 10.
>>
>People who mistake insecurity for social anxiety.

F U C K
Y OU

YOU SELF OBSESSED PIECES OF SHIT

yeah I mad
>>
>>28042986
whats the difference between feelings of social insecurity and social anxiety?
>>
If you:
Regularly use phone messengers.
Have more than 2 contacts.
Use skype in group calls or often.
Have more than 5 friends combined on anything, or even more than 2.
Leave your home more than once a week/month.
Are anxious over your appearance or sexual attractiveness.
Use kik, whatsapp, okc, tinder, facebook, twitter etc with any of your real credentials for real purposes etc.

You are both a normie and aren't socially anxious.

>b-b-b-b-but i am
No, you aren't and you are so far from it that you can't even begin to comprehend a life with the issue where you wouldn't be able to use these services or have the lifestyle you have that you deny it exists.

Stop clogging up the mental health services with the stupid bullshit where I have to babysit like 5 of you for an hour as you whine about your middleclass teenager problems.
>>
Eugh, I have this and I hate myself for it.

I won't call it social anxiety, but it's definitely something I have do deal with. And now I get to know that shitty, attractive buzzfeed writers who have no business being insecure also feel this, unlike shitty old me who deserves it.

This is like when obviously extroverted people share "Things only introverts understand" because every once in a while they don't go out on the weekend.
>>
>>28043068
>Are anxious over your appearance or sexual attractiveness.

>This isn't social anxiety

Are you dumb as fuck?
>>
>>28043068
Better alert the people working on DSM-VI, they gotta revise their definition.

https://socialanxietyinstitute.org/dsm-definition-social-anxiety-disorder
>>
>>28043068
i once knew some one with diagnosed social anxiety and had problems with all of these things like you described.

but after a long time of knowing them i discovered their thought process was generally just fucked up and they were just an idiot.
so im assuming this "social anxiety" just stems from being kind of retarded in general.

but desu what you describe kind of sounds more like a greater fear of people
>>
>>28043119
Seems spot on to me.

Why should i care how i look if i KNOW i wouldn't even be able to talk to anyone my looks would attract.

Are YOU dumb as fuck?
>>
>>28043041
social insecurity
>"I wonder if everyone thinks I'm dumb because there was a typo in my email."
>"There's no way people will want to talk to me at tonight's party, maybe I shouldn't go."
>"I somehow got her number but I'm too afraid to call, what am I supposed to say?"
>"Chad's really hot but I'm too nervous to try getting his attention, he's probably got a girlfriend hotter than me anyway."

social anxiety
>In public: "Everyone's staring at me, they're all judging me because I'm a freak, I can't do this, I need to get home, I NEED TO GET HOME."
>"I need to get the mail but the neighbour's out there mowing his lawns."
>Hearing someone behind you laughing about something: "Are they laughing at me? Did I do something wrong? Is it my clothes? My face? Shit, I never should've gone to get more milk."
>Flatmates/parents have friends over: "Why can't they leave already? It's been three hours and I really need to go. I wish I could get a snack from the kitchen but they'd see me walking past."

And so on
>>
>>28042944
I'm pretty sure legitimate, cause-for-alarm tier, social anxiety is dry retching at the thought of having to talk to the store clerk, not some stupid thoughts like "dude, what if your makeup isn't done right today"
>>
>>28043213
ones just a much less severe example than the other
apart from that they're both pretty damn similar to me
>>
>>28043204

One of the most important things for SA is feeling comfortable outside, and an important factor to that is feeling comfortable in ones clothes

Your entire posts reeks of someone trying to fit in here, just stop
>>
>>28043213
Those just seem like high-functioning vs low-functioning versions of the same general disorder/impacted by the general means and context within which a person exists (physical attractiveness, proximity to like-minded people, wealth), not entirely different illnesses.
>>
>>28043265
>>28043250
Exactly, one's just insecurity. The other's anxiety.
>>
>>28043279
So you're arguing semantics. Wonderful. Nevermind then.
>>
>>28043297
>So you're arguing that different words mean different things. Wonderful.
>>
>>28043258
I think you're confusing social anxiety with self esteem....just stop.
>>
The problem with mental illnesses these days is that they have become identities.

People don't see them as problems that need to be fixed anymore, but as a part of who they are. When they say "I am socially anxious", they really mean it. It's what they are. It's how they see themselves.
They are less likely to want to fix their problems and rather dwell on them and reinforce them. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy when they act socially anxious because "well, its just who I am. society needs to change to fit my needs"

It all comes back to the millenials obsessive need for identity.

Websites like Buzzfeed exploit that.
>>
>>28043339

I am taking about being comfortable in social situations, and wearing clothes you're comfortable in is a big part of that

But yeah continue to post the usual nonsense trying to fit in
>>
>>28043346
>The problem with mental illnesses these days is that they have become identities.
You mean normies that have meme mental illnesses do that?
Playing a victim gives you attention points and a lot of people can relate to anxiety and being depressed so that gives a lot of attention points, especially if you are a pretty white girl.
Hear someone say they have schizophrenia and you will see how much support and attention they will receive.
>>
>>28042944
Every comment
>literrallie mii xxxddddd
>this is SO me!
>WOW THIS IS ME
>haha im full of anxiety LOL
>>
>>28043346
well maybe they are just autistic/spergs and mask that with "anxiety"
or they are trying to convince themselves that they arent autistic.
it's a lot better being known as a legit permanent social retard. think about it.
>>
>>28043387
what reddit bullshit are you even talking about "fitting in".

Am i suppose to think "OH I HOPE THESE OTHER ANONS THINK MY OPINION ALIGNS WITH THEIRS! SO THEY KNOW THAT THIS TOTALLY ANONYMOUS POSTERS IS ONE OF THEM!"

Also socially anxious people dont get comfortable in social situations regardless of what they are wearing.
HENCE
SOCIAL
FUCKING
ANXIETY
...fucking reddit
>>
>>28043452
>it's a lot better being known as a legit permanent social retard
it's a lot better than* being known
>>
>>28043453

So they do what they can to attempt to feel more comfortable, which means wearing things they feel comfortable in. I really don't know how you're not getting this

I suggest you reread your first post and take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror, the entirety of it was cringey as fuck.
>>
>>28043453
>Am I supposed to consider other people's subjective views?
>No! That's not what socially anxious people do, only MY interpretation is correct!
Nice argument.
>>
>>28043424
Seeing that shit probably should make me feel happy that I'm not alone in feeling social insecurity or whatever, but instead it just makes me see all of these socially functional and successful self-described snowflakes and wonder where I fucked up so bad.
>>
File: 5aa.jpg (333 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5aa.jpg
333 KB, 600x600
>>28043395
>Hear someone say they have schizophrenia and you will see how much support and attention they will receive.
None of these people want to be the person talking to themselves and having delusions that cause them to go mental. They want to be cool and oppressed and unique with their little quirks. Everyone has anxiety and everyone experiences it differently but what people should get mad about is some people have debilitating illnesses that cause them to vomit when they get into some social situations, that's not getting anxious about a school presentation.

I was diagnosed as developing schizo in the ward and it scared me to death. I saw these people who were older and they're absolute messes. It ruins your entire life. Luckily for me now they're thinking that I'm probably not schizo but there's still a chance.

>>28043492
Just wear clothes man. Be yourself. Fixed my social anxiety.
>>
>>28043265
>>28043279
>>28043297
anxiety is an actual disorder while the other one isnt
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.