[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
S-She's not right...right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: OojMJBP.jpg (139 KB, 1008x629) Image search: [Google]
OojMJBP.jpg
139 KB, 1008x629
S-She's not right...right?
>>
>>28041022
If you can't be bothered to put any effort into your appearance then you're likely either an autist who doesn't know you should or a depressive who doesn't care. And neither make good friends or partners.
>>
>>28041022
for example, if you leave your teeth to root don't expect anyone talking tou you often, it goes the same for any body odor
>>
>>28041137
>>28041061

very presumptuous, generalizing, and overall wrong

I haven't brushed my teeth in two weeks, haven't showered in at least three, and just hung out with 9 friends for the third time this week earlier tonight

never ever take advice from chinese cartoons OP
>>
>>28041061
>be both depressed and autistic
>put no effort into appearance
>people like me anyways
wew lad
>>
Yes, but it's not quite as extreme. If you look like you take care of yourself, that'll show to other people. That doesn't mean you have to look 10/10 stunning, but as long as your clothes are clean, you're nice and washed, and you've groomed up as best you can, you'd be surprised.
>>
>>28041168
Well, it may be that you already established a friend circle which accepts your ways. But it is true, that first apperance counts a lot. And if you like another person, you would want that that person looks at something pleasant and not someone who looks like he lived in a swamp for the past 10 years.
>>
>>28041022
Chinese cartoons are disturbingly spot on from time to time. This one made me realize a few things about why I never had a gf while even shit tier guys do.
>>
>>28041168
>I haven't brushed my teeth in two weeks, haven't showered in at least three, and just hung out with 9 friends for the third time this week earlier tonight
More like, nine people put up with your presence because no one wants to be the one to give you the talk.

>>28041199
See above.
>>
>>28041220
This. I personally do take pride and effort into my appearance, but if I meet someone who looks like shit but still has a great personality, then that's what matters ultimately. Not saying it doesn't help, though.
>>
>>28041234
Hey, I read that doujin yesterday, it's called Level C-Minus for anyone who's interested.
>>
>>28041253

you are projecting

oregano comment
>>
File: truth.jpg (333 KB, 800x1150) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
333 KB, 800x1150
Here is another classic
>>
>>28041271
It's not about 'looking like shit', though.

Two guys walk into a bar. One is a greasy-haired scrawny dude with a somewhat strong jaw and cheekbones in a royal blue hoodie and sweats.

The other is a fat pugnosed fucker with big fucking ears and crooked teeth, dressed in a collared shirt with a plain, but nice sweater over top. His hair is combed and his pants are stain-free.

Which one are you gonna hang with?
>>
>>28041359
I think some people here miss the point, OP's picture girl says "[...] try to make himself look good". If you are an ugly ass motherfucker, well, that sucks. But if you aren't even trying to make yourself somewhat appealing to look at and still complain then you are to an extent "self-centered"
>>
>>28041022
She isn't it's just the halo effect. You could be the most disgusting rapist murderer child molester thief and get away with it if you were attractive. You can be the most benevolent, caring, jesus-like being and if you're physically ugly, people will throw you stones and accuse you of causing all the bad things happening in the world.
>>
>>28041494
This. "It's the inside that counts, tehree :3". No it's fucking not, you bitch.
http://www.indiatimes.com/lifestyle/self/18-ways-women-react-differently-to-handsome-guys-and-ugly-guys-234244.html
>>
>>28041022
She's right concerning romantic relationships since everyone values beauty and if you are looking to engage in an intimate relationship with someone else you should try to offer them beauty as best you can just as you seek it from them.

Concerning non romantic/intimate friendships I don't think it should matter since it's all about what's on the inside although some posters ITT were right to point out that a lack of care for ones appearance can commonly coincide with undesirable personality traits.

I haven't shaved my beard or cut (or even brushed) my hair for months so I should probably heed the message of this thread.
>>
It's true. But you can't beat it.
>Decide to stop being gross loser
>improve hygiene
>get hip, fashionable haircut
>buy decent clothes and start paying attention to what's considered fashionably acceptable
>work out, start seeing results
Everything was going well, then
>premature balding

I give up. I want to be liked, but it just feels like I'm meant to be a robot and life is doing everything in its power to make sure it stays that way.
>>
>>28041645
It's not even about a correlation between a lack of care and undesirable traits. People make unconscious, snap judgments based on appearance without even knowing it, and it's really hard to shake.
>>
>>28041659
You can wear one of those fucking beanies or caps or whatever and put it off as "fashion"
>>
Appearance is more accurate, especially with men. An average looking guy with "confidence" will seem hot to some women. An average looking guy whose afraid of his own shadow will repulse women.

Aside from acne and a little weight, I've no doubt that I'd do fairly well with women... if I had an entirely different brain. This anxious, paranoid, insecure damaged inner self makes me the equivalent of dog shit.
>>
>>28041022
The just world says that everyone is equal and if you're not attractive you're probably a piece of shit rapist

You can't even have a good personality if you're ugly. People just fucking assume that you're a piece of shit for existing

christ...
>>
File: saul_a.jpg (34 KB, 349x524) Image search: [Google]
saul_a.jpg
34 KB, 349x524
>>28041707
it just aint the same. Not him but I'm also tempted to start being more lenient on all the hard upkeep stuff because my hairline has receded so far back. My hair was falling out in the shower for a good 2 years but it pretty much stopped the past 6 months or so and ended around Bob Odenkirk levels
>>
File: 65413256.jpg (35 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
65413256.jpg
35 KB, 768x432
>>28041022
So what does this mean about guys like Bundy?
>>
>>28041716
My doc gave me different pill, with which I could probably get my depression and social anxiety more or less (emphasis on less) under control. But I don't take them, because I'm afraid I might turn into something I'm not and don't want to appeal to those superficial, shallow, disgusting bitches and whores. On the other hand this might be the only way for me to get any kind of gf. Wat do.
>>
>>28041763
Fembot here. I don't know who Bundy is but the guy in your photo looks like an average kind of guy. He probably has a loving wife and kids and a nice job.

I'm sure he would make a great husband.
>>
>>28041707
Not really. I look sickly while wearing hats.

Besides, people will just say "lol look at that creep, he's trying to cover up his balding"

You can't win.
>>
>>28041777
You don't know who Ted Bundy is? This has to be bait.
>>
>>28041359
You're missing the point. I've met people who aren't physically unattractive and choose to dress and look distasteful but turned out to be genuinely cool to be around with. I've also met people who have excellent taste in fashion and take great care of their appearance and are total tools when it comes to personality.

Yes, not taking care of your looks will lead to a bad self image and people won't hold value in you due to your irresponsibility, if you have nothing else to offer. Though, if you can compensate, then people will value for what other positive traits you can give instead, and most likely ignore the negative ones.
>>
What about people that look ugly due to genetics? Even if you're clean, well-groomed, healthy, and wear nice clothes, you'll still be ugly if your face is fucked.

>>28041777
Nice trips but I hope no one falls for your b8 m8.
>>
when i was in early high school i almost exclusively hung out with the ugly people because the good looking ones are almost always plastic and have trash personality
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.